Type keyword(s) to search

Hollywood Houselift With Jeff Lewis - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Hilarious that Christina Ricci pointed out that the tile Megan chose for the remodel was an exact match for the old tile Christina had already installed in her home.

Could Kate Bosworth have laid it on any thicker as she thanked Jeff? That had to be an act (although the work was lovely).

• LOL 2

I was wondering about the pavilion as well.  I thought they had trouble with coyotes and bears? How does that work with the open pavilion and food (in fridge) and furniture?  I would imagine my furnishings and upholstery being affected by the animals and even the elements.  First world problems, I guess...

My suspicious nature makes me think new house manager guy is a plant who was meant to play a buffoon who would promptly get fired. I mean, if it were real, Jeff would have fired him after his ridiculous displaying of the pumpkins. And no one is absurd enough to be doing handstands against the wall in someone's home in their first week on the job. He has to be in on it. 

I can't imagine that Jeff would care what Kate B.'s friend thought of his work. That was weird. It looked nice, and I have to assume that furniture fabric can take a scrubbing if case of animal poo. (?) 

• Like 3

When we added a screened porch to our last house, we spent a fortune on Lane Venture wicker furniture. The manufacturer said while it was suitable for outdoor furniture it should be in a covered area, not completely exposed to the elements. The fabric on the cushions is Sunbrella, durable and cleans up well.

I used to watch a lot of renovation shows and saw plenty of TVs put on covered patios/porches.

• Like 2

I just got caught up on part of Season 2 of the series (Watched every season of Flipping Out).  There are some valid points made upthread about the featured homeowners and cast.  My thoughts include:

Josh….oh my…where to start.  I recall him from way back….based on what he shows on this show he seems really immature.  I assume his grooming style is for a role.  Lol To me, he and others on the show blame certain design decisions as being what the child(ren) want. No…..imo, it’s what they want. They pretend it’s the kid(s), but I don’t buy it.  Same goes for Reggie Bush.  I do not buy the story the kids want to share the tiny bedroom.  That’s my take on it.  I won’t speculate as to why this is the parent’s’ decision, but I can imagine a couple of reasons.  Jeff knew it too, but went along.  

Poor Sara…..oh my.  I wonder if she realized how disturbed she would appear.  I could barely believe with all those clothes she was wearing those outfits. Hmmmm….interesting choice.  She seemed to like the new closet, but it likely will be short lived.  She seemed really obsessed with collecting.  And, she is in complete denial.  Sad situation.  Jeff wasn’t really kidding about the therapy.  

I guess I was surprised that Cynthia Bailey was so focused on holding on to stuff.  I mean….she travels, has to pack, keep up with things…..you learn to travel light, right?  Holding on to all that miscellaneous stuff…. So bizarre.  I feel so free purging myself of unnecessary items.  It’s difficult to imagine being like that.  Women over 40 can let go of material possessions.  

I do not believe this is Jeff’s forever home. He’s a malcontent.  He won’t stay there. It’s not even his style.  Even if he makes it to fit his aesthetics….he’ll get bored with it and fall in love with another project, imo. 

I look forward to watching the remaining episodes.  I haven’t read about any updates yet.  

• Like 2

Praying for more episodes!  I agree, I cannot believe that house is Jeff's forever house.   It really seemed like a very nice Mansion from back in the day, that has been stripped down to blah.  Even with the historical society being on top of it.  Sorry guys, you should have been around when the place was grand, because Jeff got it after the nice features were stripped out.   

• Like 2