Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: The Fixed

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Do we really need Ivana "on the ground" in Ferguson, MO? This just feels like some Dr Phil exploiting. Maybe her and Shill got together and he said "ok iyanla, you're black so you can handle this one".

Is her purse big enough for the healing props for the entire town of Ferguson? How many hugs can she give out to the beloveds?

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 2

I'm going to watch it with my head hanging in a bit of shame, because I am curious how she's going to heal an entire town. What is she bringing to these people? Is she meeting with the police dept? Or just some ransoms from the crowd? Is it a town hall? So many questions.

And why o why is the Sheree and Bob Whitfield episode the lead-in???

ETA Was that Benzino?

Edited by Brooklynista

Is her purse big enough for the healing props for the entire town of Ferguson? How many hugs can she give out to the beloveds?

Unless she has some middle class sustaining jobs in her big ole bag, then the hugs and props are not going to work.

• Love 2

I watched the Ferguson episode and I really hope the folks that live there did not wait for Iyanla to determine their big ask.  That dialogue that she coordinated was needed, but its sad that it took her visit to coordinate community action.

Education is important...no one can understand you if you cannot articulate your ideas and no one has time to interpret what you are trying to say.  I think its important to listen to everyone, but you put yourself at a disadvantage to be heard when you cannot express a simple idea clearly.  The talkers of the world will distract attention away from your comments if you are taking forever to spit them out.  I felt for those men who were trying to express their opinion about being profiled by the police.  Right or wrong, part of being respected is how you present yourself.

The community leaders need to get into the politics of their area so they can build economic stability in their community.  If the state can spend money on enough equipment to build up a militarized zone, then they have money to incentivize job creation and economic stability in the region.  Their local representatives need to get on this stat instead of cussing out the Governor on Twitter.

Hip hop artists are not going to change their lyrics unless they have an economic reason to do so.

There were a couple of points that Iyanla made that I agree with:

If young black men are killing each other, then does that make the lives of young black men less valuable to the police?

Someone is making money from the community's lack of organization and clarity.

• Love 4

Iyanla does not play. She gets deep really fast.

Own youR truth. You slept with a man who doe not know your address!

Tell me what you don't want me to know!

I love her.

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 2

Penis!! 34 kids? That's just nasty. I don't know 34 people.

I'm gonna need a three part episode on just the women. I have got to know what goes through the mind of a woman that would sleep with a man with 10 kids, 20 kids, 30 kids unprotected. I don't want to see these women beating up on this man because their vetting process was so poor. Let's find out what was going on in their lives that would have them add to this number and expect him to be Ward Cleaver to those kids.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 7

Yeah, this episode was a mess. He claimed he wanted to get married but didn't he have 17 chances? He said he always thought each relationship was forever. I'm feeling little to no sympathy for him. I empathize with the childhood but at some point you have to take responsibility for yourself. He acts like a child. Storming out, banging his fist, yelling, throwing a tantrum, etc.

I have a feeling the women will be more pissed at each other than with him. I don't like to date a man with one child, so how can they justify dating a man with 33 other kids? That's stupid. No sex is that good that you have lower your standards and accept anything.

Looking at the Child Chart, some of those women had 5 kids with this fool. The kids range in age from 26 to 3. It's too much tomfoolery going on between these adults.

Edited by RedKoolAide
  • Love 3

This fool had the nerve to say he will not get a vasectomy because he may get married later and his wife may not have children and might want one.  Who in their right mind would marry into this ghetto hot mess?  More that half of the children are under the age of 18 judging by the number of dolls in the two chairs and Iyanla told him to grab his older children from the chair with less dolls.  Can you imagine having to deal with all those babymamas  who probably would be jealous because you were able to get him to put a ring on it; and on top of that dealing with all the children when they came to visit.  I can't.  Any woman who would marry or hook up with him after the airing of this show needs her head examined.

Lastly, I didn't hear any mention of child support and the fact that he was driving leaves me to believe that his license is not suspended, so hopefully he is current in his payments.  I don't know what the percentage is in the state of Georgia but that's a whopping child support bill.  Another red flag and reason for woman to run the other way when they see him coming.

Edited by appledumpling
  • Love 2

Ok, let's say he is current with his child support payments, how many payments could that be??? And who would date him? I'm totally gobsmacked that he was able to get laid after kid number five. If his check is being garnished for all those kids, how can he be living at all? He can he afford to take anybody to dinner? Or a movie? I need to be wined and dined before I give up my treats.

He was really trying to sound as if he was present in all of his kids lives. Can you imagine how many bikes that is to put together at Christmas? How is he going to come up with money for braces or tuition for all those people?

• Love 3

I am almost positive that the bulk of those women do not have active child support orders; if they do the payout would not be much considering that child support takes into consideration the total # of children the parent paying has.

Also, in the previews for next week I see multiple women crying... Why?? Did they not know about the 20+ children before them! Why are all these people engaging in unprotected sex with a man that has not committed to them? Surely they didn't all think that they were the only one...

On another note, his father eating grapes as Iyanla chewed him out for lying about abusing Jay's mother was both funny and sad at the same time. It showed how detached he is from the entire situation. I wonder if Jay's parents have relationships with all the grands; that's a lot of birthday, graduation, Christmas gifts and Easter baskets.

Edited by AlderwomanShaw
  • Love 3

He's a music producer. I wonder if he gets paid under the table a lot and just doles out cash as he sees fit? I also wonder if he takes care of his kids based on how civil his relationship is with his baby mamas? The older kids seem more pissed at him. Maybe he neglected them each time he had another kid.

• Love 2

So hubs and I ran some basic numbers. If his child support was only $300 per kid, that rounds up to over $100,000 per year. Using the fact that 4 kids are over 18, we only accounted for 30 kids. Either he's an extremely successful music producer, or he's in default and just makes minimum payments here and there to keep his license active. But $300/kid/month is peanuts compared to all the child needs. I do agree that some of the moms must not have filed for child support.

Edited by Spiderella2

This situation makes me think of he issue of what makes a family.

Personally, I think it'd be nice and very "adult" of the women if they could just rise to another level (as Iyanla says) and if not be  friends at least get together enough and or allow the kids especially the younger ones...to be friends and REALLY get to know each other and develop family bonds with each other. Brother/sister/sibling bonds can be great connections and relationships -- and when they work -- they're not like any other. 

And even the ADULT kids could all get to know each other IF they wanted to. You have to WANT to build a relationship. Look at adopted kids who meet their birth parent and other sibs -- and grow close. But you have to WANT to do that. AND IF they could all be an extended family -- just THINK of the wind they could all be underneath each others wings! They really ARE their own village. And think of the support that COULD be!

Then again......there are families and situations where even siblings who DO grow up in intact families who have no relationship with each other (due to whatever dysfunctional dynamics) so the fact that most of these kids won't know they're half sibs...I suppose isn't that big a deal.

From what I saw ALL the kids seem to REALLY need emotional support.

ANd to be honest......trifling, deadbeat dad or not -- and I hate to blame the women -- BUT, if their kids are that needy for love -- the MOM'S ALSO HAVE DROPPED THE BALL! But THEY (or at least some of them) have no respect for themselves nor good judgement -- so how COULD they raise a self confident, non-needy child...when they are not that themselves.

The dad, Jay, is trifling -- AND SO ARE THE MOMS....so you have TWO trifling people making babies who are to blame. I know they may have been on TV and nervous -- but NONE of those kids seemed 'emotionally together.' They SAID they were done with him and didna't care , but you could tell by the way they said it  they hadn't moved past anger. Maybe that's what I'm seeing.....but I suppose that's asking a lot when BOTH parents are trifling.

And -- to be honest -- I BET they might also also have some anger toward their mom too...

• Love 4

Maybe I was hallucinating but I thought I saw a promo for a family of women that needed fixing. Each generation was calling the next whorish and they were pulling knives out on each other. Maybe I was high?

Have they decided to shelve all other episodes in favor of a season of PENIS?

• Love 3

Maybe I was hallucinating but I thought I saw a promo for a family of women that needed fixing. Each generation was calling the next whorish and they were pulling knives out on each other.

I saw that same promo and was looking forward to that episode.  It looks like OWN in going to milk this Jay aftermath for all it worth there's another installment next week.

lol june!   I'm raising my hand sheepishly.  I tuned in.  Honey I will stop to watch Nate Burkus rearrange a public bathroom stall, the boy is gifted.   Top to bottom I loved everything he did.   What this really makes me want to do is start carrying a supersized pocketbook and dispensing unsolicited advice because I need a prayer room, a meditation room and a scrap booking room in my life.    I'm not even mad at Oprah, if I were a billionaire it wouldn't be any fun, no scratch that, it would be less fun, if my friends couldn't ball out too.  Imagine having enough money to call up your bestie and be like I'm sending 168 people to your house to build you a new place.  *swoon*

• Love 4
(edited)

Did anybody else watch the episode with Karruche Tran? I'm halfway through; don't know if I'll finish. It strikes me that she is barely listening to IV. I keep wondering why she is really there...what's the agenda? Because it's surely not for personal growth.

Welp! That was yawn-worthy. Karrueche seems nice enough; just one-dimensional, shallow, inarticulate and determined to stay that way. IV's words were bouncing off of her as if she were wearing an imaginary force field.

Edited by NowVoyager

I saw the Karuche episode and really didn't see any point. She's gonna hold out until Chris Brown shows up with the right gift and she'll be back on hs arm.

And have a baby with in a year.

• Love 1

That guy Jay is getting his own show on own. Smh

See.  That's why I don't come on this board.  You a lie!.  Nuh uh, No way and no how.

You take that back right now!  No way Iyanla and Oprah give him a platform to become a Z-List celebrity to attract more stupid women.

• Love 2

I did not know where to put this question but since this is/was on the OWN network, why is there no snark on any of her other shows on here?  I wanted to snark on the DREADFUL show that is the Deion's Family Playbook.  It is completely scripted and I could only tolerate a few mins but why are the other OWN shows not on Previously TV?  Is it that no one watches or does Oprah keep sites like this from making fun of her truly awful shows?  

• Love 1

I did not know where to put this question but since this is/was on the OWN network, why is there no snark on any of her other shows on here?  I wanted to snark on the DREADFUL show that is the Deion's Family Playbook.  It is completely scripted and I could only tolerate a few mins but why are the other OWN shows not on Previously TV?  Is it that no one watches or does Oprah keep sites like this from making fun of her truly awful shows?  

I'm thinking its because there's hardly  a soul that gives a rats ass about most of the OWN show. I know there's one for THATHN and also If Loving You is Wrong. I can only speak for me, but outside of snarking and hate watching, I don't have a lot of use for most of the programming.

I'm thinking its because there's hardly  a soul that gives a rats ass about most of the OWN show. I know there's one for THATHN and also If Loving You is Wrong. I can only speak for me, but outside of snarking and hate watching, I don't have a lot of use for most of the programming.

I feel the same way.  I kept thinking, "Who watches this crap?" I guess the fabulous(sarcasm)Ms O just doesn't have her finger on the pulse of America since she herself admitted she NEVER watches TV.  Ms O. if you happen to be reading this, you missed on all the shows on your network. Vomit!

• Love 1

I really don't understand how Oprah thought it was in good form to hand over almost her entire networks lineup to Tyler Perry.

The writing is bad. The acting is bad. The plots are ridiculous. It's almost as if TP has never seen the work if another writer or director.

• Love 5

We pretty much let you guys make the call on what shows you want to talk about.  You can request new show forums here.  Just be sure and follow the guidelines when you make your request.

Hey Beloveds. Did y'all catch the preview of this upcoming season?

Fix My Secret Life as a Gay Pastor, Sept. 19

Gay pastors coming out to their congregations. That sounds like a bosom rocking episode, chock full of truth knowing.

Debi Thomas and her marriage troubles. Umm, I don't know I feel about this one. Debi Thomas was like my everything when I was little. Debi Thomas, Janet Jackson and Sally Ride were my triumvirate of role models for one year. I wanted to be a figure skating, singer/dancer astronaut. Debi Thomas caused me to consciously utter my first curse word when I whispered the word, "bitch" at Katarina Witt. I'm ok with Iyanla bosom-rocking multiple baby making creeps, but my childhood heroes? I don't know how I feel about that, beloved. I mean who's next, Jem? Ricky from New Edition? Jackie Joyner Kersee?

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 2

So we're never going to see the three generations of women who cussed, fought and threatned each other episode, right?  I can see OWN shelving it for being too negative, they didn't hesitate in shutting down Jay's, of 34 kids and PENIS fame, show down before it aired.  Why they gave him a show in the first place is anyone's guess.

• Love 3

Welp..that was a whole Lotta sobbing. I don't know how anyone missed big boy in his orange sweater and lime green hat,ummm his, tendencies as my mother would say.

And wow that second pastor...ooooweeeee....Iyanyla got him in a FETAL position, ya'all. Snuggled with a blanket.

It looked cozy. Ha!

It takes a helluva lotta guts to go on TV and come out to family, your congregation.... with it all on film to be seen by everyone.

i agree and I applaud him!  Both stories are very sad.  Tiffany also needs to see a therapist as well as her kids.

• Love 1

I felt for the single pastor but he will be okay. His family supports him and it seemed to be so freeing for him. The second one, though, I just can't with him. I got a vibe from the start that he was disingenuous and he only confirmed my suspicions as the show continued. When he basically stated that his kids have their own journeys, blah, blah, bblah, I wanted to reach through the screen and strangle him! Iyanla saw through his shit and could tell he was still not clear in how much pain he had caused. Save your tears, don't work on me. You basically saw a young, low self esteem woman with three kids and used her for your own agenda. I'm sure he swooped in and "saved" her from her poor life. This was about his ego and having a beard. And to get mad at Iyanla for making you tell the whole truth! Do you watch this show?

And Tiffany, you were so young and vulnerable when this 32 year old predator came into your life. The look on her face when he admitted to going on Craig's list said it all. She was beyond furious, embarrassed and hurt. I do think Iyanla nailed it when she told her the reason he preyed on her was because she had no voice. But I think she just could not say what she really wanted to on air. They would have had to stop taping for a while with me as the anger came out of my mouth. He felt that him telling her he was gay was enough and that she didn't have a right to know all of the deceit and the potential health risks he brought to their family. Bet he didn't even wear a condo. He seemed very self centered. Notice (or maybe I missed it) that they didn't show his coming out to his congregation. I could go on and on about that situation, but there aren't enough letters or emoticons or time.

Edited by VintageJ
  • Love 2