Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

I know there are people who believe that Sutton was being insensitive about Dorit's robbery.

Dorit mentioned that Sutton texted her after it happened. Dorit seemed fine with her response while mentioning that she and Sutton aren't close friends. Kyle decided Sutton didn't sympathize enough and chose to tell Dorit about her meeting with Sutton. Kyle opened that can of worms because she's a shit stirrer. PK was right that Kyle should have kept that to herself. Dorit would have been none the wiser.

Whether you think Sutton didn't do enough is irrelevant. What's actually worse is when someone who's supposedly friends with two people decides to gossip about one to the other to start up a fight or argument between the two people. That's not cool at all. I would never trust someone who goes out of their way to stir shit within a group of friends. Kyle claims to be a "girl's girl," but this is the kind of crap she delights in doing.  That's significantly worse than Sutton not crying enough or putting her life on hold because Dorit was robbed.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 20
8 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I know there are people who believe that Sutton was being insensitive about Dorit's robbery.

Dorit mentioned that Sutton texted her after it happened. Dorit seemed fine with her response while mentioning that she and Sutton aren't close friends. Kyle decided Sutton didn't sympathize enough and chose to tell Dorit about her meeting with Sutton. Kyle opened that can of worms because she's a shit stirrer. PK was right that Kyle should have kept that to herself. Dorit would have been none the wiser.

Whether you think Sutton didn't do enough is irrelevant. What's actually worse is when someone who's supposedly friends with two people decides to gossip about one to the other to start up a fight or argument between the two people. That's not cool at all. I would never trust someone who goes out of their way to stir shit within a group of friends. Kyle claims to be a "girl's girl," but this is the kind of crap she delights in doing.  That's significantly worse than Sutton not crying enough or putting her life on hold because Dorit was robbed.

That's a very good point. I'm curious if Kyle would do this if she didn't feel it's part of her job? My sister has friends, one in particular, who is quick to say so and so said this about you, or did that. It makes me suspicious of someone's motives. Are they trying to be your last friend remaining? Do they want to see drama unfold? Do they even care about your feelings repeating negativity that can upset you? If you really want to be a good friend, unless someone truly needs to know about backstabbing, my motto is keep your mouth shut. But with Kyle specifically maybe feels her job entails her honest reactions and voicing them. 

• Love 4
On 5/20/2022 at 9:22 PM, sara1025 said:

If what happened to Dorit is actually true, I feel terrible for her because that is one of my worst fears. But what I don't understand is why she didn't have an alarm set? I thought all of these multi-million dollar houses in these fancy neighborhoods had multiple top of the line security systems that are set and ready at all times. I live alone in a tiny crappy apartment and I still have an alarm system set, and you better believe if I had small children and millions of dollars worth of stuff in a multi-million dollar home I would practically have security guards in addition to the top of the line alarm system at all times! It just doesn't make sense. Is Dorit really that naive to think that no one could ever want to break into her house (...if it did happen)?

We once got the high bid at a fundraiser to win a week at a multi million dollar house on the beach in Malibu.

I was SHOCKED to learn that people in that neighborhood rarely even locked their doors!  

(edited)
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

That's a very good point. I'm curious if Kyle would do this if she didn't feel it's part of her job? My sister has friends, one in particular, who is quick to say so and so said this about you, or did that. It makes me suspicious of someone's motives. Are they trying to be your last friend remaining? Do they want to see drama unfold? Do they even care about your feelings repeating negativity that can upset you? If you really want to be a good friend, unless someone truly needs to know about backstabbing, my motto is keep your mouth shut. But with Kyle specifically maybe feels her job entails her honest reactions and voicing them. 

I've been around one too many people like Kyle. They always think they're being a good friend by circulating ridiculous gossip. Someone, I guess, who acts this way wants to be a "friend to all."

However, I've always felt that a friend to all is a friend to none.

It's one thing if someone is slandering another person. In that case, you should pull the person aside and tell them what's going on. But Kyle telling Dorit that Sutton wasn't sad enough about the robbery doesn't qualify for that exception. She was being a brat by doing that, and basically PK called her out for saying it.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I've been around one too many people like Kyle. They always think they're being a good friend by circulating ridiculous gossip. Someone, I guess, who acts this way wants to be a "friend to all."

However, I've always felt that a friend to all is a friend to none.

It's one thing if someone is slandering another person. In that case, you should pull the person aside and tell them what's going on. But Kyle telling Dorit that Sutton wasn't sad enough about the robbery doesn't qualify for that exception. She was being a brat by doing that, and basically PK called her out for saying it.

What was interesting is Dorit even mentions that she and Sutton are not that close.  This whole thing is a way to have the Fox Force Five (minus Teddy) to get Sutton.  It is so ridiculous and dumb.

• Love 8
On 5/22/2022 at 11:51 AM, RealHousewife said:

So normally I am not a "binge watcher" of anything, but the last two weeks my winter evening activities have ended, we've had lots of rain, and nothing else is on so I've been watching those season 2 and 3 episodes that my DVR picked up.  I've had quite a few insights that are not so apparent when you watch week by week over a longer span of time!  One is that they all know they're there to stir shit and fight, but there are different styles of doing it, and some are better than others. There's the fly-off-the-handle-and-scare-everyone style (not so prevalent on this show - Erika, Kim), the "I'm a straight shooter and everyone needs to say what they say to the person's face and then talk and work it out and I'll make you talk and work it out" types who viewers usually like until they become excruciating bores (Eileen, Yolanda, Teddi) and then the "remarks dropped behind the scenes OR on camera that are designed to get other ladies fighting amongst themselves" (Kyle, LVP, Rinna). You get a few who are a combination of likable/obnoxious in their own unique ways and they have staying power (Camille, Sutton, Dorit) and the rest are one season and done because they just don't play properly (Marisa, Joyce, Dana, Carlton).

• Useful 4

I had no idea these HoWives were back again ALREADY! It seems like only earlier this year the last season wrapped up! 

Here's my favorite moment so far: Mauricio chowing down on the charcuterie board while Dorit was rehashing her traumatic robbery event. I love a stoned Mauricio! 

And FWIW, I smell some shady shit with that home invasion robbery.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Here's my favorite moment so far: Mauricio chowing down on the charcuterie board while Dorit was rehashing her traumatic robbery event. I love a stoned Mauricio! 

That was hilarious. I also remember when Denise and Aaron were on the show. Aaron was carrying on about how cancer is a great thing for the human body (as a cancer survivor, I wholeheartedly disagree with him) and Mauricio was sitting behind him making these WTF/Huh faces.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

That was hilarious. I also remember when Denise and Aaron were on the show. Aaron was carrying on about how cancer is a great thing for the human body (as a cancer survivor, I wholeheartedly disagree with him) and Mauricio was sitting behind him making these WTF/Huh faces.

rhobh-mauricio-thumbs-up-mauricio-umansk

• LOL 6
On 5/25/2022 at 11:41 PM, Surrealist said:

I remember that, Aaron must have some d*ick for Denise to crawl in to bed every night with that idiot, what is that sort of thinking?  I'll be sure and mention his thought to my brother next time I go to visit his grave. 

Some people get an idea in their head from misinformation...the other day a woman in my yoga class told me that getting the Covid vaccine was akin to the Nazi's lining up Jews to march in to concentration camps, (I guessed she was an anti vaxxer right away), I tried to explain the difference about one helped to save lives and it is on a volunteer basis and the other was anything but on a volunteer basis and was certain death.  

People like Aaron and yoga woman mystify me and I am even more mystified why I don't go off on them verbally like Julia Sugarbaker, wouldn't be great if Julia S. was in the cast, she would take down the mean girls with just a few carefully worded phrases!

• Love 10
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I remember that, Aaron must have some d*ick for Denise to crawl in to bed every night with that idiot, what is that sort of thinking?  I'll be sure and mention his thought to my brother next time I go to visit his grave. 

Denise is obviously pretty damn chill. I'm somewhat surprised, after her tumultuous marriage to Charlie Sheen, that she would move on to a cancer conspiracy theorist like Aaron. She doesn't strike me as a stupid woman, so I'm kind of baffled by her current relationship.

Then again, she informed everyone (on TV, no less) that Aaron has a big penis. I'm not sure that would be enough for me to stay with a man who's an obvious kook. I will say that Aaron was there when Denise's daughters needed a steady parent around while she was away working. I remember him telling her daughters to call him if they needed anything, so I thought that was cool of him.

Gah! Why does he have to be a kook?!

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Aaron must have some d*ick for Denise to crawl in to bed every night with that idiot 

I finally get why she wouldn't shut up about his penis. She wanted us to understand!

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 8

Remember the photo she posted of Aaron with an EMHO "tent"? I think it was on IG, but it made the rounds ASAP. I think she was finally convinced to remove the post so her daughters wouldn't see it. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

Remember the photo she posted of Aaron with an EMHO "tent"? I think it was on IG, but it made the rounds ASAP. I think she was finally convinced to remove the post so her daughters wouldn't see it. 

How could I forget 

• LOL 5
On 5/25/2022 at 11:41 PM, Surrealist said:

Mauricio was actually trying to understand in his stoned state. It was so funny. I made hubby watch. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Sutton's dating conversation with Kyle - Kyle mentions that Erika isn't on dating apps, but is getting set up with dates, and Sutton sniffs, "I don't care if they're rich - I don't need money in order to make myself feel better" seems disingenuous when Sutton raked off big time from "dating rich" or did she just forget that part?

49 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Sutton's dating conversation with Kyle - Kyle mentions that Erika isn't on dating apps, but is getting set up with dates, and Sutton sniffs, "I don't care if they're rich - I don't need money in order to make myself feel better" seems disingenuous when Sutton raked off big time from "dating rich" or did she just forget that part?

She didn’t date rich. Her husband made all that money after they were married. The didn’t have that much money when they were first married.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
On 5/29/2022 at 8:41 PM, Anne Thrax said:

Sez rich people! 😄. If she were in Erika's shoes I bet it would make her feel better! 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, princelina said:

Sez rich people! 😄. If she were in Erika's shoes I bet it would make her feel better! 😄

I mean, technically, a woman who's already worth a substantial amount of money wouldn't necessarily need to marry rich. Sutton and her husband didn't start out as a wealthy couple.

Erika, on the other hand, would have to marry rich. She's not getting there by herself. Tom fully funded her singing career and for her to have a fulltime staff.

Same with Diana, really.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I mean, technically, a woman who's already worth a substantial amount of money wouldn't necessarily need to marry rich. Sutton and her husband didn't start out as a wealthy couple.

It doesn't matter how they started out - she's rich now so she can date whom she pleases.  "I don't need money to make myself feel better" she says, as she wastes so much money on overpriced fashions that they send her "birthday crowns" 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 5/12/2022 at 10:33 AM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

You know I love you, keywestclubkid, but this feels like a reach. Most people don't think anything bad is going to happen to them. Dorit probably thought "I live in a 'safe' neighborhood, I don't really need to put the alarm on." That is very normal behavior. It only looks abnormal after the fact because she was the victim of a home invasion.

20 years ago, my basic alarm system had a 'stay' mode, which armed the door and window sensors, but disarmed the internal motion sensors. I don't believe that Dorit's presumably newer and better system doesn't have a similar feature, so her excuse for not setting the alarm does not fly.

• Love 2