Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: What Dreams May Come

• Start Topic

McCall, Mel and Harry take a leap of faith when they help a self-proclaimed psychic, Julien (Yusuf Gatewood), find his missing sister who he says is in imminent danger, according to his visions. Also, Delilah’s PTSD returns as she struggles under the weight of keeping McCall’s secrets and her worries about her mother’s safety.  

Original Airdate: Sunday. May 8, 2022

GUEST CAST:
Yusuf Gatewood  (Julien Thibideaux)
Brittany Bellizeare  (Calista)
Shirley Rumierk  (Rosa Martinez)
Roberts Jekabsons  (Milosz Nemanjic)
Ceazar Reyes  (Carlos Vela)
Roma Mafia  (Dr. Willa Roszak)
Jay Hieron  (Frank Castor)
Ron Scott  (Councilman Silva)
Abigail Spear  (Anjelica)
Candice Myers  (Soccer Coach)
Neal Benari  (Arieh Bitton)
Manoli Ioannidis  (Ponytail/Deke Hartley)
the-equalizer-217-preview-01.jpg
the-equalizer-217-preview-02.jpg

I am confused, I don't remember anything about the guy with the scar on his face, why he was in Calista's apartment, who he was working for, why he was killed, who drove his car to where Robyn found it. Any information about why scarface was in this episode would be greatly appreciated.

9 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I am confused, I don't remember anything about the guy with the scar on his face, why he was in Calista's apartment, who he was working for, why he was killed, who drove his car to where Robyn found it. Any information about why scarface was in this episode would be greatly appreciated.

I believe Scarface was working for Rosa and her foster brother (I don’t remember his name). Calista killed him in self defense, with the illegal 22 caliber gun she bought from the pretty boy drug dealer. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mjt626 said:

I believe Scarface was working for Rosa and her foster brother (I don’t remember his name). Calista killed him in self defense, with the illegal 22 caliber gun she bought from the pretty boy drug dealer. 

Yes, Scarface was a hitman.

• Love 3

So what you are saying is that Rosa knew that Calista was investigating the guns way before Calista came to Rosa to tell her that she was investigating the guns. Rosa sent a hitman to kill Calista, but Calista killed him first and threw him in the trunk cleaned up her prints from the trunk, but left lots of other evidence at the crime scene, there was blood on the ground. Then her brother psychiced his way to the car and left lots of finger prints and then Robyn went to the car and left no finger prints. I was also baffled why the car trunk opened so easily, nobody seemed to have a key. Calista was stupid to keep hanging around where the illegal guns were being stored if she knew that the people were trying to kill her, she almost killed Mel.

Calista had a busy "one" day. Good thing when Rosa bought the illegal gun to prove that they were being returned to the streets, she also bought some bullets to put in the gun.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

she also bought some bullets to put in the gun.

If it was a revolver, the dealer probably comped her 6 rounds... $1000 seems expensive for an unloaded  .22

Yes, I agree that the murder of scar face was problematic in the explanation but that's how they worked the story.

As for Delilah, even if she can be annoying, it's understandable that she's worried about her mom.  At some point, she and her dad will have reason to be concerned especially since it seems Robyn is determined to take Quinn down.  It was nice to see Roma Maffia as her analyst.

I didn't blame Harry for being skeptical and like seeing him out and about.

I figured Rosa was the baddie even though it seemed too obvious but it also seemed too convenient for it to be the guy running for alderman so it had to be her.

• Love 6

I thought that Mel looked so much better towards the end of last night episode when she tamed down her makeup to a more natural look.  Think those red lips are really jarring to watch.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

As for Delilah, even if she can be annoying, it's understandable that she's worried about her mom.  At some point, she and her dad will have reason to be concerned especially since it seems Robyn is determined to take Quinn down.  It was nice to see Roma Maffia as her analyst.

Agreed. Dee's reactions make sense and Roma Maffia is a fave of mine from way back when she was in Profiler. I'd like to see more of her.

• Love 2

Good episode, loved Robin's 3-color knit pullover.  Not too busy and fit her perfectly.  They have an amazing makeup & wardrobe team, because QL always looks flawless.   I can do without the intentional shredding of the clothes; Mel's sweater and the bottom of Delilah's button down.  

Loved seeing Roma Mafia, though she'll always be Liz from "Nip/Tuck" to me.  She plays a great therapist, she's got a terrific, wise and comforting sounding voice for it. 

Now Robyn & Delilah can have a long talk, air out all the teen angst and ship it over to a show I don't watch.  5 minutes of adolescent drama per episode is more than enough!

• Love 3

I must be the only person who has had nightmares and never once bolted upright in bed, let alone woke up sweaty from the nightmare. 

I wonder how Dante explains the crime scenes when Robyn's been involved with the takedown. Yeah, the DA is in the know, but Dante still has police brass to deal with. Good thing this is TV.

• Love 5

I don't have much commentary for this one.

It's realistic the issues that Delilah is having with her mom's 'job', and lying to her parents. This seems like they might loop in Robyn's ex; eventually?

It was nice to have Harry more involved other than hacker-fu and exposition.

• Love 5

I'm glad that Calista and her brother were reunited.  So I take it that the brother actually does have psychic powers?  They made a good point of saying that there's no way he could have known where she was.  Especially after it was determined that he wasn't involved.

I don't blame Delilah for feeling scared... but I'd be happy if we don't have to see Robyn's ex again.  That guy is completely unsympathetic.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/10/2022 at 12:03 PM, blackwing said:

I'm glad that Calista and her brother were reunited.  So I take it that the brother actually does have psychic powers?  

I don't blame Delilah for feeling scared... but I'd be happy if we don't have to see Robyn's ex again.  That guy is completely unsympathetic.

Her brother HAS to join the team now... or get his own series [Which has already been done... called Eli Stone]

...her again

Edited by paigow
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Trini said:

It's realistic the issues that Delilah is having with her mom's 'job', and lying to her parents. This seems like they might loop in Robyn's ex; eventually?

She certainly had ZERO guilt about lying straight to her mom's face in the first few episodes about that concert, staying over out of town, etc.   Suddenly she has an actual conscience? 

Ok, teens can have some personal growth, but this emotional overhaul of her entire psyche is for me, just too much, too soon.  Yes, she's had trauma.  But also parents that love her, plenty of money, a nice home, private school and other family that dotes on her.  I think they're piling it on a little thick with her.  

And I LIKE the idea of psychic Julien added to the gang.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 3

I really enjoy this show as long as I check logical reasoning at the door.   That being said, I really like the cast and they have great chemistry together.   It's also satisfying to have the good guys win most of the time.   Hair, makeup, and clothes are mostly on point (I agree that Mel looks better with the more natural looking makeup; that shade of red they use on her is wrong).   Even the teenager is getting easier to like this season.   

• Love 5

If Dee's anxiety is coming from lying, I don't know why she has to.  Can't she just tell her father, "I don't know much about what Mom does and I'm not allowed to share even that little bit." ? It's not a lie.  She could also add, "You continuing to ask me is stressing me and making me not want to visit.  I love you and want to visit, so please stop asking me."

Ack.  Too much family drama.  More putting away bad guys, please.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Johann said:

More putting away bad guys, please.

Common criminals stand no chance against Team McCall... soon the Tri-State area will be Equalized... which is why a Super Villain / Moriarty Level / Nemesis is needed.

On 5/9/2022 at 2:17 PM, milkyaqua said:

At some point, she and her dad will have reason to be concerned especially since it seems Robyn is determined to take Quinn down. 

• Love 1
On 5/9/2022 at 10:14 AM, AnimeMania said:

So what you are saying is that Rosa knew that Calista was investigating the guns way before Calista came to Rosa to tell her that she was investigating the guns. Rosa sent a hitman to kill Calista, but Calista killed him first and threw him in the trunk cleaned up her prints from the trunk, but left lots of other evidence at the crime scene, there was blood on the ground. Then her brother psychiced his way to the car and left lots of finger prints and then Robyn went to the car and left no finger prints. I was also baffled why the car trunk opened so easily, nobody seemed to have a key. Calista was stupid to keep hanging around where the illegal guns were being stored if she knew that the people were trying to kill her, she almost killed Mel.

Well synopsized!

Also, I'm glad Dee has a shrink who's been read in on the espionage hijinks. (They had a special rehab for people like that on Madam Secretary! Remember Dmitri went there?)

I'm sorry the activist was the trafficker, but the way they built her background, I can buy it. (So maybe the Council Member really is a Good Guy?) 

Foster care has a lot ot answer for on this show! (Also on Person of Interest, creating the character of Elias!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1