Type keyword(s) to search

North West: Is there a Baby in that Blanket?

• Start Topic

I agree with the above comments. Kourtney pimps her kids out just as much as Kim, she just gets less flack for it.

Probably because she actually seems to be engaged as a mother and not dragging her kid along just to make sure she's seen with it.

• Love 4

Probably because she actually seems to be engaged as a mother and not dragging her kid along just to make sure she's seen with it.

I'm not a celebrity but if I were, I'm sure I could be an "engaged" parent without deliberately exposing my children to the paparazzi as both Kim and Kourtney do. The Easter photo-op really annoyed me for some reason, probably because I'd never show up at church in a see-through shirt just to get attention. If this had been Kim instead of Kourtney, much more would have been said about it. Similarly, Kendall was wearing ripped jeans and midriff-baring top to church that day and had this been Kylie, there would have been more of an outcry. But returning to topic, I'm not in a position to judge whether Kim and Kanye are engaged parents to North and Saint when the cameras are off. I'm sure they love their kids, and hopefully engage when them during private times.

I think Kim and Kanye are typical of 90% of the parents in their income bracket: they do the fun, cute stuff and the nannies do the shit work and discipline. It just is what it is when you have that level of wealth.

• Love 4

I'm not a celebrity but if I were, I'm sure I could be an "engaged" parent without deliberately exposing my children to the paparazzi as both Kim and Kourtney do. The Easter photo-op really annoyed me for some reason, probably because I'd never show up at church in a see-through shirt just to get attention. If this had been Kim instead of Kourtney, much more would have been said about it. Similarly, Kendall was wearing ripped jeans and midriff-baring top to church that day and had this been Kylie, there would have been more of an outcry. But returning to topic, I'm not in a position to judge whether Kim and Kanye are engaged parents to North and Saint when the cameras are off. I'm sure they love their kids, and hopefully engage when them during private times.

I never understood why Kourtney seems to get a pass for the same stuff Kim gets crucified for.   The ironic thing is Kourtney is seen out partying all the time (out at nightclubs all the time and she was at a damn Bieber concert THREE nights in a row with no kids in sight) could you imagine if Kim was doing that? And as noted above, Kourtney looked tacky as hell going to church with that lace top. I see way more paparazzi pics of her with her kids than Kim with North and I dont think she looks anymore engaged with her kids than Kim does.  And even when Kim is seen doing cute things with North its called fake so she can't win. I remember last month a photo surfaced of North on Kim's lap and she was showing her pictures in a book, in the comment section of the article I saw it in someone actually said "I bet once the camera was put down she threw the kid off her lap". I mean seriously? Because obviously a simple gesture like  your child on your lap and showing her a book is so, so awful and demanding. Its impossible to judge anyone in the public eye as parents when we dont see everything 24/7 but I do think since Kim started Snapchatting we're seeing more of North than ever before and and there's nothing fake about showing your daughter having a tea party or dressing up as a princess.

I think Kim and Kanye are typical of 90% of the parents in their income bracket: they do the fun, cute stuff and the nannies do the shit work and discipline. It just is what it is when you have that level of wealth.

Pretty much and honestly, if I was filthy rich you can be damn sure I would have had a nanny for my kids when they were little. I see nothing wrong with help as long as the child gets love from the parents especially as they get older. 

Edited by howmanywords

I'm 99% sure both North and (Penelope) have in their hair long braids that simply clip into your hair. Kim has worn them too. I use them all the time in my line of work where that braided look is getting bigger and bigger and yes I've had to use them on children. If they were full blown extensions that have a more complex (and dangerous for children process) I'd cringe but the clip-ins are harmless.

I just saw a picture of Khloe and P with their braids and P's look very clipped in or maybe braided right into her hair. P's look adorable, but I have no idea how to add a picture like the one of North. 

(edited)

Yes Penelope's are even more obvious that they are clip-ins. There's also another type of add-in braids that have a large bobby pin type of  clips attached and its pushed into your hair when its pulled back. That's what it probably is looking at P's. Those freaking claws on Khloe look more dangerous than clip-in extensions. 

hair-extensions-on-kids-lead.jpg?w=600

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 1

My 3 year old screams bloody murder when I just try brushing hair. I'm slightly jealous they got the girls to sit still long enough to clip these in

(edited)

They are adorable. What's the age difference between them?

That's Khloe', trying to make them both look like her, lord help them.

That aside, they do make the "look" adorable.

Edited by represent

I believe P is six months older then North (December 2012 and June 2013)

I know this bc my daughter was born in between. I was ok bed rest and then maternity leave and has a lot of free time. I swear!

• Love 1

Yes Penelope's are even more obvious that they are clip-ins. There's also another type of add-in braids that have a large bobby pin type of  clips attached and its pushed into your hair when its pulled back. That's what it probably is looking at P's. Those freaking claws on Khloe look more dangerous than clip-in extensions. 

hair-extensions-on-kids-lead.jpg?w=600

Did North join the military? She WOULD be better off there.

(edited)

From the side, North looks exactly like Kim and Penelope is a clone of her dad. They're cute, but I'm really not a fan of fake hair on little girls.

Speaking of kids, where the hell is Saint? I understand a four month old isn't going to be hitting the slopes, but it's so bizarre how he's stuffed away and barely mentioned. It's like the kid doesn't even exist.

Edited by BitterApple

They are adorable. What's the age difference between them?

North will be three on June 15 and Penelope will be four on July 8 so they are almost a year apart in age. They are so cute together and so close they seem more like sisters than cousins.  

Speaking of kids, where the hell is Saint? I understand a four month old isn't going to be hitting the slopes, but it's so bizarre how he's stuffed away and barely mentioned. It's like the kid doesn't even exist.

I seem to recall that Kim and Kanye were equally mysterious with North when she was Saint's age, hence the title of this thread. Then suddenly they were parading her around with them everywhere, so I guess little Saint is at this moment being fitted with his baby Doc Martens and mini camouflage jackets in preparation for the grand debut of his publicity tour.

• Love 2

North will be three on June 15 and Penelope will be four on July 8 so they are almost a year apart in age. They are so cute together and so close they seem more like sisters than cousins.  

I seem to recall that Kim and Kanye were equally mysterious with North when she was Saint's age, hence the title of this thread. Then suddenly they were parading her around with them everywhere, so I guess little Saint is at this moment being fitted with his baby Doc Martens and mini camouflage jackets in preparation for the grand debut of his publicity tour.

With all the talk of the engagement,  I'm sure Saint will be used to try and steal some thunder from the happy couple.j

• Love 1

Saint suffers from that horrible disease "Rob Kardashian Syndrome" He wasn't born with boobs & a vagina so he has nothing to take pictures of for the internet to see, therefore his value as a Kardashian is limited.

• Love 2

When North was an infant, Kim used to do the pap stroll, wearing her boobs-out tops while pushing North in a baby carriage. (Or at least the blanket with the towels rolled up under it.) She hasn't done that with Saint.

From the side, North looks exactly like Kim and Penelope is a clone of her dad. They're cute, but I'm really not a fan of fake hair on little girls.

Oooo… maybe it's time for me to start a Saint thread Saint West: Where is He? 

• Love 4

When North was an infant, Kim used to do the pap stroll, wearing her boobs-out tops while pushing North in a baby carriage. (Or at least the blanket with the towels rolled up under it.) She hasn't done that with Saint.

She's done it once, not doing it again. Didn't enjoy lugging that stroller while her asshole hubby slouched along next to her leaving her to haul it into the SUV while he grimaced at the paparazzi.

She's done it once, not doing it again. Didn't enjoy lugging that stroller while her asshole hubby slouched along next to her leaving her to haul it into the SUV while he grimaced at the paparazzi.

I don't think either Kim or Kanye do too much lugging of kids or strollers except when the paparazzi are snapping their pictures. That's the nanny's job. But to be fair, I do see Kanye carrying North on some of their outings now that she's bigger and heavier.

• Love 1
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Princesses

So cute! North must no longer hate colors!

I am sure North wants and love to wear colouful clothes all of the time. It's Kim and "genius" Kanye who makes her wear dark clothes and those heavy boots / shoes all of the time. I feel they use North as a fashion prop because it gets people talking about them. I think Nortie looks so adorable and especially when she wears colouful clothes, She brightens right up and looks so happy 

Edited by RoxieBear73
  • Love 4

North looks really cute. It's nice to see her in girly clothes.

So does Kim have some sort of endorsement deal with Disneyland? Celebrities don't give shout-outs to anything on the Gram unless they're getting paid.

• Love 5

The only thing I can think of is she either does have a deal, or she knows she will get a shit ton of publicity when the numerous pap shots will be sold of her begin the dutiful mom taking her child to family friendly Disney.

• Love 1
(edited)

North is a little obsessed with Frozen and all things Disney, Kanye also mentioned on twitter once that she's obsessed with Minnie Mouse.  If I could afford to take my kids there often when they were that young I would have too.  She even sleeps in these Disney princess costumes. If Kim has a deal then maybe Kourtney does as well since her and Penelope always seem to be right there next to them for these trips.

If you look at this instagram page you can see how over time they dont dress her in all black and dreary colors nearly as much as they use to. :Probably because she's at the age now where she can say when she likes and dislikes certain colors/clothes.  Lately she's wearing a lot of dresses and sneakers and sandals.

eta:  Kim posted this a couple of weeks ago on Snapchat, its North sitting in Sain't crib watching him 

13113879_1720648061486446_1040269481_n.j

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 3

I hear ya on the Frozen thing! I didnt get the hype until finally seeing the movie recently. And it warms my hear to see North loving all the girly stuff. I always hoped for that when they had her dressing in constant black clothes.

IMO Kim's Snapchat is very interesting to follow. I dont care much for her instagram but for some reason on Snapchat she lets you see a very different look at Kanye and the kids that we see out in public.  Of course there are her endless selfies but then there are really cute little things like a little castle birdhouse  North built for this bird that shows up on her window every morning or Kanye crawling around on the floor giving her a piggyback ride, sometimes she'll show Saints and Norths hands grabbing onto Kanye's arm or Saint holding her hand.  Some really sweet things.

5 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Princesses

So cute! North must no longer hate colors!

Poor Penelope does not look happy, she looks really nervous. I don't think she's as comfortable with the cameras as North seems to have become.

(edited)

Even though I hate the fact that Kimmy leaves her kids behind while she has a good time in other countries, (she has left her kids at least three times within the past two months, including this latest trip where she and Kanye are in Europe) her snap chat shows she is a caring mother when "she is with her kids"  

Edited by RoxieBear73
3 hours ago, GaT said:

Poor Penelope does not look happy, she looks really nervous. I don't think she's as comfortable with the cameras as North seems to have become.

I don't know if this is still true but I had read a while back that P is extremely afraid of crowds and cameras, hence why she was always being carried around.  The odd thing about her looking so nervous in that picture though is that wasn't some big spectacle where paparazzi or even with a lot of people.  From what I gather it was just the girls, Kim, Kourtney and 3 Disney people including a "fairy godmother" who does the makeovers.

8 hours ago, GaT said:

Why would they dress this poor little girl like this?

North's dress looks even worse from the back as they made it backless like Kim's.

Also in this shot, you can see the barrage of camera lights and jockeying, shouting paparazzi that the poor child frequently has to endure. Kim loves all this but she never thinks or cares how stressful this commotion is for a little child.  People often comment that North looks angry or miserable "like her dad" in her pictures, but I think it's because of the ongoing public circus she is forced to take part in by her selfish parents. In other shots of her when the cameras are not so conspicuous or when she's with her cousins or at home, she seems like a sweet, happy little girl.

North.jpgNorth in distress.jpg

• Love 4

Kim's breaking her in as a famewhore. Why is a 4 yr old even at a Kanye West concert? Father or not. It's not a place for her. Maybe backstage, but even that is iffy. Kim barely looks at her as she struts herself in front of the paps. It's all about look at me!!! I'm a MILF!!!

This kid and her brother I'll probably turn into the next Willow and Jayden Smith. 

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Kim's breaking her in as a famewhore. Why is a 4 yr old even at a Kanye West concert? Father or not. It's not a place for her. Maybe backstage, but even that is iffy. Kim barely looks at her as she struts herself in front of the paps. It's all about look at me!!! I'm a MILF!!!

This kid and her brother I'll probably turn into the next Willow and Jayden Smith. 

When I see this picture of a distressed and frightened little girl in front of the cameras, I don’t think “future fame whore”.  I think it’s more likely that because of her narcissistic, exhibitionist parents, she’ll suffer from the kind of anxiety issues that some other children of famous people have suffered.  I just wish the best for North and her little brother.  And I really don’t see what the Smith children have to do with it. In my opinion, they are a product of their Scientology upbringing more than anything else, something Katie Holmes made sure to prevent Suri from experiencing.

• Love 6

I love how Kim is completely oblivious to her child's fear and distress. My grandmother had Narcissistic Personality Disorder and all her kids are basketcases. I wish the best for North and Saint, but unfortunately I see nothing but big psychiatry bills in their futures.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Veronique Bette said:

North's dress looks even worse from the back as they made it backless like Kim's.

Also in this shot, you can see the barrage of camera lights and jockeying, shouting paparazzi that the poor child frequently has to endure. Kim loves all this but she never thinks or cares how stressful this commotion is for a little child.  People often comment that North looks angry or miserable "like her dad" in her pictures, but I think it's because of the ongoing public circus she is forced to take part in by her selfish parents. In other shots of her when the cameras are not so conspicuous or when she's with her cousins or at home, she seems like a sweet, happy little girl.

I get pretty annoyed seeing the comments where people say she looks angry. The ONLY time I ever see that child looking angry is in situations that are posted above. When there are a ton of photographers and big crowds of people shouting.   Even when Kim posts Snaps of the two of them together she seems to bea very happy, loving little girl. The ironic thing is last week apparently Kim yelled at a photographer because she was carrying North while she was sleeping. I guess only when she's sleeping she bothers to tell them to back off.

I cringed when I saw she was attending Kanye's concert but at least she had special earphones on. In the pics of the actual concert it looked like she was wearing Baby Banz which block out loud noise for small children. She shouldnt have to hear most of Kanye's  lyrics until she's much, much older.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I get pretty annoyed seeing the comments where people say she looks angry. The ONLY time I ever see that child looking angry is in situations that are posted above. When there are a ton of photographers and big crowds of people shouting.   Even when Kim posts Snaps of the two of them together she seems to bea very happy, loving little girl. The ironic thing is last week apparently Kim yelled at a photographer because she was carrying North while she was sleeping. I guess only when she's sleeping she bothers to tell them to back off.

I cringed when I saw she was attending Kanye's concert but at least she had special earphones on. In the pics of the actual concert it looked like she was wearing Baby Banz which block out loud noise for small children. She shouldnt have to hear most of Kanye's  lyrics until she's much, much older.

Or at all if shes lucky. Bad enough she has to wear his clothing designs.

so Kim YELLS at a photographer while her kid is sleeping? Smart move Mommy, a tired kid is a grumpy kid.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I get pretty annoyed seeing the comments where people say she looks angry. The ONLY time I ever see that child looking angry is in situations that are posted above. 

It sucks that North is the one being labeled negatively when it's really Kim's fault for putting her in these situations in the first place. If North is consistently stressed by the paparazzi, then the obvious move is to limit her exposure to them. It's not possible in every situation, but a good amount of Hollywood celebrities manage to keep their childrens' lives relatively private. Kim chooses not to.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Keep in mind she also has a Fendi bag.  As cute as they are its so not necessary for a 3 year old.  She would probably be just as happy  far happier carrying around a Disney bag.

With lots of bright colors and glitter and sparkles, which would surely drive Kanye nuts.

• Love 3

North doesn't know the difference between Louis Vuitton and a $5 bag from Claire's. This is just about Kim showing off and getting tongues wagging. Most people find the idea of a toddler with a thousand dollar purse to be distasteful. Controversy brings attention and comments, which are Kim's lifelines.

• Love 4