Type keyword(s) to search

Kara and Guillermo

• Start Topic

Kara, 29 (Charlottesville, Va.) and Guillermo, 23 (Venezuela). Guillermo, a Venezuelan living in the Dominican Republic, caught Kara's eye while she was on a work trip there. The two kept in touch after she returned home, not thinking it was anything serious, but that all changed when Kara's job asked her to relocate to the Dominican Republic. Things escalated from there — Kara moved in with Guillermo upon her arrival, and an engagement quickly followed, raising eyebrows amongst Kara's skeptical family and friends. Due to the pandemic, Kara moved back home, and the two have been separated for nine months. With his visa approved, Guillermo is now set to move to Charlottesville, but will their whirlwind romance be able to survive Kara's partying habits and Guillermo's insecurities?

Edited by greekmom
  • Love 1

I'm surprised to read that the age difference is only 6 years. I thought that while she is attractive, that she was older. I was honestly getting Stephanie and whoever it was vibes ( she was much older, with a beauty spa and very generous in her gift giving)... 

Like I said, I do find Kara very attractive but she just seems so "playing a part". I just read the artcile and so she is a self described jill of all trades, masseuse, barista, etc etc. What was the job she was doing that she was sent to the DR? Curious minds want to know.

They do seem like a decent match but she just seems so contrived to me.

(show me the TLC money and exposure please)

• Love 4
(edited)

He is quite appealing. She seems like a control freak. It's delicate to handle an active, younger man who cannot work for pay for months or years, without emasculating him or his getting into unsavory stuff from boredom. I agree that $1K for a new computer is a lot right now, maybe try computer shops that service and sell used machines. Or he can get a tablet for $200 new. At Charlottesville Library (eight branches), he could use a computer for free. They need to sort out their finances--which money is each of theirs to spend as they please and which is for common expenses and savings.  

Edited by Tuneful
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/9/2022 at 10:25 PM, Tuneful said:

He is quite appealing. She seems like a control freak. It's delicate to handle an active, younger man who cannot work for pay for months or years, without emasculating him or his getting into unsavory stuff from boredom. I agree that $1K for a new computer is a lot right now, maybe try computer shops that service and sell used machines. Or he can get a tablet for $200 new. At Charlottesville Library (eight branches), he could use a computer for free. They need to sort out their finances--which money is each of theirs to spend as they please and which is for common expenses and savings.  

If he said he needs a computer to look for a job that would be a good reason but he cannot work yet, get him an inexpensive Chromebook and a printer and when he gets a job he can save up for the high end laptop he wants, if she gets him the expensive one now all he might actually do with it is play games.  Maybe he can use her computer to find a Youtube video of how to hook up a bidet system and make himself useful.

I am fighting the urge to upgrade my tablet, I wouldn't spend $1000 on one, (IPads), because I know all I would do on it is shop lol so it would not be worth it to spend the money.

• Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If he said he needs a computer to look for a job that would be a good reason but he cannot work yet, get him an inexpensive Chromebook and a printer and when he gets a job he can save up for the high end laptop he wants, if she gets him the expensive one now all he might actually do with it is play games.  Maybe he can use her computer to find a Youtube video of how to hook up a bidet system and make himself useful.

I am fighting the urge to upgrade my tablet, I wouldn't spend $1000 on one, (IPads), because I know all I would do on it is shop lol so it would not be worth it to spend the money.

Went laptop shopping a couple of months ago as the wife was starting her masters degree online while she works. Settled on one for just over $900 inc tax but they had everything from your basic chrome book at $199 to Apple products nearer $3,000. As I'm getting it once she's done I was looking online at Alienware products like Sheldon Cooper uses on TBBT but she wasn't biting at those $3,000 up prices. 🤣🤣

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Went laptop shopping a couple of months ago as the wife was starting her masters degree online while she works. Settled on one for just over $900 inc tax but they had everything from your basic chrome book at $199 to Apple products nearer $3,000. As I'm getting it once she's done I was looking online at Alienware products like Sheldon Cooper uses on TBBT but she wasn't biting at those $3,000 up prices. 🤣🤣

So the difference is your wife is getting her Master's Degree, a friggin advanced degree while she is working full time, she should have a good computer to do her school work on, it is worth every penny to have a laptop that will serve her needs, I don't know her but I am proud of her! 

This kid hits US soil, he is here for less than an hour and he is demanding a $1000 laptop is some BS.

• Love 4
Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

So the difference is your wife is getting her Master's Degree, a friggin advanced degree while she is working full time, she should have a good computer to do her school work on, it is worth every penny to have a laptop that will serve her needs, I don't know her but I am proud of her! 

This kid hits US soil, he is here for less than an hour and he is demanding a $1000 laptop is some BS.

As am I and I had no problem with spending any amount as long as she was happy with it but my point was that they can cost anywhere between $199 & crazy money new. In fairness to him he did sell everything he had before coming here compared to most on this shit show who seem to arrive with zip so he does have some say in how the money is spent although a $199 chrome book should do him just fine. Was it him or her who mentioned the amount of $1,000 ? I thought she said it just to exaggerate how much it would cost, if it was him then it is too much of what they have.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

As am I and I had no problem with spending any amount as long as she was happy with it but my point was that they can cost anywhere between $199 & crazy money new. In fairness to him he did sell everything he had before coming here compared to most on this shit show who seem to arrive with zip so he does have some say in how the money is spent although a $199 chrome book should do him just fine. Was it him or her who mentioned the amount of $1,000 ? I thought she said it just to exaggerate how much it would cost, if it was him then it is too much of what they have.

Well, $1000 or whatever it is I have a feeling before he gets that laptop he is going to have to put out, a lot. LOL.

I myself own a $350 Chromebook, I shop on it, post stuff on here and occasionally send a threatening email, (not really), no gaming or big time financial stuff or school work,  I wish I needed the power of a $1000 computer but I cannot justify it.  That kid is going to be shocked when he realizes how expensive it is to live in the US and her money won't go that far unless balloons have become currency like tulip bulbs once did.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

Doesn't really matter that much what kind of computer you have if your internet coverage pretty much sucks (like mine does at my current residence).  No gaming for me!

• Love 3
On 5/14/2022 at 7:41 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

He could also go to the Library or take a class at local community center for access to computer or even use his phone.  I am sure he has a phone

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

A posting said their baby's name will be ROJER--his first name?  Isn't that Guillermo's surname and Kara's married name?

His middle name will be Wilko.

Edited by Gobi
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Gobi said:
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

A posting said their baby's name will be ROJER--his first name?  Isn't that Guillermo's surname and Kara's married name?

His middle will be Wilko.

Brothers Over and Out ??

• LOL 3

I haven't read the article, but I think that production had a hard time drumming up some kind of drama for Kara and Guillermo. They manufactured the whole "Kara treats me like a child" story because Guillermo looked so young. It didn't help that she always referred to him as a "beautiful BOY." The ex was brought in to show that Kara had a wild past and could Guillermo handle it/her. But in reality, there's not a big age gap, they each spoke the other's language well and they had lived together for some time already. I think they are an authentic couple who really are in love. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 3
On 8/24/2022 at 8:15 AM, magemaud said:

I haven't read the article, but I think that production had a hard time drumming up some kind of drama for Kara and Guillermo. They manufactured the whole "Kara treats me like a child" story because Guillermo looked so young. It didn't help that she always referred to him as a "beautiful BOY." The ex was brought in to show that Kara had a wild past and could Guillermo handle it/her. But in reality, there's not a big age gap, they each spoke the other's language well and they had lived together for some time already. I think they are an authentic couple who really are in love. 

If I remember correctly (no guarantee I remember anything correctly) I said after their first episode that they seemed to be different in that they had already lived together and looked good together.

Their real story and how they behaved with each other would probably have been more interesting than any made up shit & shenanigans.

• Like 2
  • Love 2