Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E14: Catwalk

• Start Topic

(edited)

For the first time all season I was happy with a double shantay!

I am happy that Willow, Angeria, Lady Camden and Bosco made it.  Indifferent on Daya.

Let's see how Ru handles this final five finale.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Love 14

I like Bosco and all, but if Angeria or Willow had left so that two people who were actually eliminated could go to the finale... I don't know why Ru seems to be allergic to eliminating people this season, but here we are. F3 needs to be Willow, Camden, Angeria. End of story.

• Love 19

With the way this season has gone, I can see Ru crowning all 5 in two weeks.  They can split the prize money.

Frankly, the way this season has been going I could see Ru announcing at next week’s reunion that they’re all back in the competition and every single queen this season is the winner.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

As much as Daya annoys me BTS, I can’t deny that she is a damned good queen and truly turns it on the runway.  I hate queens coming back into the competition in general (and I hate it across the board on all competitive shows, hello SURVIVOR), but if that’s how Ru wants to run her show, then at least Daya has performed well and isn’t actually undeserving.  I am a hardcore Lady Camden fan, though, and really want her to win it all.

• Love 14

Midway through the episode, I had figured out that it would be Willow and Angeria lip synching.  They kind of set it up with the way those two were talking about how close they were.  And, thus, I'm glad that all five are going to the finale.  Willow and Angeria have been frontrunners the entire season and I would have been disappointed not to see them in the finale.  I also think Lady Camden is deserving of the title, as well.  

• Love 9
(edited)

This is the first season I can say I would be happy if any of the finalists win. I do think Willow has lagged a bit based on her performance and outfits. I didn’t like her mouse/rat outfit even though I know it’s hard for tiny queens to have a model like look. Bosco and Lady Camden have been dynamite in their performances and runway looks and Angeria had beautiful runways and is such a sweet person. Daya Betty has grown on me and she had the best outfit in the video ( although I didn’t agree with the criticism of Bosco’s outfit because it made her look fantastic which was the point). 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

This is the first season I can say I would be happy if any of the finalists win. I do think Willow has lagged a bit based on her performance and outfits. I didn’t like her mouse/rat outfit even though I know it’s hard for tiny queens to have a model like look. Bosco and Lady Camden have been dynamite in their performances and runway looks and Angeria had beautiful runways and is such a sweet person. Daya Betty has grown on me and she had the best outfit in the video ( although I didn’t agree with the criticism of Bosco’s outfit because it made her look fantastic which was the point). 

Lady Camden is only an inch or two taller than Willow, I think but she has mastered dressing for her height and body type.  I think, unless, Willow tanks, Ru intends she will win. 

• Love 1

Willow  has petite proportions. I’m not a fan of most of Willow’s outfits but I have friends who love the way she dresses. I’m not sure she will win because she hasn’t been doing as well as Lady C or Bosco lately.

I adore Lady Camden, but I'll be disappointed if anyone other than Willow wins the season.

Willow has been incredibly good in a whole lot of challenges. The talent show, the ball, the "supertease" challenge (where her "I was supposed to be on the Bachelor with Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman" schtick was easily one of the funniest bits), the girl group challenge, the DragCon panel, the Rusical, and the roast. No one else was nearly as consistently good as she was.

Also, she's had by far the most memorable looks. I can remember far more of her looks than anyone else's. (The dress she won the ball in, the look with the house on her head, the look with all the panties, the chaps look with the extra arms, the mushroom look, etc.)

The only one who's come close to her aesthetically has been Angeria. And no short queen has ever dominated the pack fashion-wise. It's an enormous disadvantage, which she's overcome by consistently thinking outside the box.

She also brings something new to drag, with her aesthetic and her personality, in a way that none of the other contestants do.

If they do lip syncs for the crown, I'm not sure if she'll be able to win. But I'll consider her the standout of the season no matter what.

• Love 11

I think Lady Camden should win, but it would be close to impossible for her to do so, as Ru doesn't get all warm and glowy around her. Willow Pill is definitely the standout of the season in terms of uniqueness and charm; but I wonder would a winner's schedule be too gruelling? (Dunno. I literally check out my brain the second the season ends! I did try watching Werk the World, but found it too dispiriting.)

• Love 7

I love Lady Camden. But I need to warn you guys that she probably will not win because my track record for my favorites is 1 and like 15 or 16 at this point (I haven't watched every version yet)...

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I’ve always thought of it as Boomer bitching, but “everyone gets a Participation Trophy” is starting to apply to this and it’s really grating on me.

Just eliminate *one* queen per episode, I am literally begging you.

I’m reluctant to give this sourpuss any praise, but Daya KILLED IT in the ‘Catwalk’ video AND the runway.

I still have to cast doubt on crowning her as the winner due to her entirely bitchy and complaining personality in the BTS footage.

• Love 5

Top 5?!?! !$%&#$%@Q#?! Seriously Ru, a top 5?!?  

At the moment, I'm rooting for Willow or Lady Camden to win but I would be cool with an Angeria win as well.  While I personally like Bosco and found Daya's interview with Ru and Michelle insightful (I didn't know she was diabetic), I'm not crazy about the idea of contestants who were technically eliminated winning the crown. 

Side note: Lady Camden totally deserved the win this week.  She looked gorgeous on the runway.

• Love 9

I hate to say it, but it has to be said: gurl, I have watched ‘Too Funky,’ and you, miss, are no ‘Too Funky,’   In fact, you ELIMINATED a queen with a ‘Too Funky’ outfit in a previous season.  (Whose name I unfortunately can’t remember at the moment.  It was the metallic robo-boobs.).

I don’t think any of the queens did a *bad* job, per se, but living up to one of the greatest videos of all time is an entirely different matter.

It would be like having the acting challenge be a scene from ‘Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf.’

• Love 2

This is weird because at the start of the episode I was thinking "wait, after this is the finale? and there are five? seven to five to finale? they need another episode in between. all the not eliminating has piled up." and then.... this. Although I do think Angeria and Willow should be in the finale. I was sort of surprised Bosco wasn't in the bottom. I still feel like she does the same thing every time. And she was bad in the video. Oh well. I'm assuming the finale will have the structure where halfway through at least two are already definitely "not it".... It's so weird to say "they needed another episode in between" when it seemed like it took half the season to eliminate anyone...but there we are. 

• Love 3

Ru's songwriters really know their way around a hook. I wouldn't listen to them regularly, cuz the songs are so manufactured and repetitive, but most of them slide right into my brain and happily bounce around for a bit.  

I enjoy all these queens, but Lady Camden deserves to win the season. She is a high level all rounder with comedy, performance, dancing, looks, personality. The others are not as consistent across the board. I can't not root for Willow though, cuz she's also amazing, and my heart just feels for her. I hope whether she wins or not, Ru makes some wonderful (and not too taxing) opportunities available to her. Daya's drag is quite fierce and she's kind of won me over in spite of herself.

I did think Willow won that last lip sync. I adore Angeria, but not sure she should have been spared the chop this episode.  

• Love 5

I actually enjoyed that video quite a bit. Boy Ru behind the camera and the queens' rap/song parts were well done, and damnit, the tune is catchy and I can dance to it!

Lady Camden fascinates me: in the talking heads he seems like the most innocent little ginger pixie, but then morphs into a mesmerizing sex magnet in drag. I can't decide if I want to be her, or do her, or both...

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I thought it was an amazing opportunity for the queens to design their own "Catwalk" couture, to be made for them.  I don't feel they all turned it out the way they could have done, given the chance to design ANYTHING (within the parameters of the video, I assume.) It seems to me that it would be like being a kid in a candy store!

• Love 1

All this positive talk in re: Daya Betty gives me a sense of impending doom that she is Ru's choice for the win this season. 

I guess it's not as bad as when there is a clear-cut winner but this season's nobody's deserving of the win storyline is nearly as bad. 

I am getting really tired of Camden's whole "I'm shocked at how good I am" schtick. 

• Love 2

I did not get "catty supermodels" in the Catwalk video. I heart 4 of the 5 finalists but fell like more cattiness could've been expressed. Having said that, 5 finalists is ridiculous, so in a future season we'll have 6 or 7 finalists?? 

I cannot wait for this damn season to be over. At least we'll see Kornbread and Kerry and the other queens again during the reunion ep. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

I did not get "catty supermodels" in the Catwalk video. I heart 4 of the 5 finalists but fell like more cattiness could've been expressed. Having said that, 5 finalists is ridiculous, so in a future season we'll have 6 or 7 finalists?? 

I cannot wait for this damn season to be over. At least we'll see Kornbread and Kerry and the other queens again during the reunion ep. 

Maybe everyone can be a finalist, and the finals will be done in 15 parts/episodes.  

• LOL 2
13 hours ago, Mahfouz said:

All this positive talk in re: Daya Betty gives me a sense of impending doom that she is Ru's choice for the win this season. 

I wouldn't worry about Daya winning.  Ru likes to take the fans' opinions into account and probably is still deciding. And I don't think Daya has been the most popular queen this season.  So unless there is some sort of catastrophe at the finale (i.e. Asia O'Hara butterfly incident x4), I doubt we'll see Ru crowning Daya.

• Love 2