Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E18: Long Lost

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Frank faces a dilemma when a Marine veteran, who became a local celebrity for saving a woman's life, asks him to make an exception to the NYPD recruitment age limit so he can join the force. Also, an encounter with an old law school rival leads Erin to look into an alleged wrongful conviction; Jamie is torn over whether to report a sergeant close to Eddie for punching a fellow officer; and Danny and Baez race to find an abducted child, on the CBS Original series BLUE BLOODS, Friday, April 8 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+

(edited)
1 hour ago, Magnumfangirl said:

I hate Eddie.  

Me too!

And either her or Jamie needs to be moved to another pct., job, division, etc.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 4

Wouldn't it have been so much easier for Frank to just say to the marine, "You're too old to go to the academy, but I can give you some leads to lots of other security/investigation jobs that would challenge you and use your skills just as much"?

Too easy.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, highway61 said:

Wouldn't it have been so much easier for Frank to just say to the marine, "You're too old to go to the academy, but I can give you some leads to lots of other security/investigation jobs that would challenge you and use your skills just as much"?

Too easy.

Frank should have told the Marine to head out to California. He could become 2nd rookie in his forties just like John Nolan (Nathan Fillion).

LAPD is one of just two agencies that accepts new officers over the age of 37.

Edited by preeya
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, preeya said:

Me too!

Me three! 

And yes, it's more than past time for Jamie and Eddie to be at different precincts. Her snotty comment about the saluting thing (even though it netted them a cop impersonator) and then bitching about not having any friends at the station seriously irked me. Jamie can be friendly and cordial with the men and women under his command but ultimately, he is their boss.  

• Love 6

Did I miss something - Erin’s storyline seemed to conclude with her catching the best friend of the convicted murderer in a lie about his alibi but no proof beyond that - and the new suspect implying that the convict was less than what he was claiming ? It’s pretty rare for the show to let a storyline span multiple eps. 

• Love 5
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Msample said:

Did I miss something - Erin’s storyline seemed to conclude with her catching the best friend of the convicted murderer in a lie about his alibi but no proof beyond that - and the new suspect implying that the convict was less than what he was claiming ? It’s pretty rare for the show to let a storyline span multiple eps. 

You didn't miss anything. I was expecting to see a "to be continued" at the end.  In any event it's a really tangled and weird plot-line.

ETA: and the public defender/classmate was one of the most obnoxious characters ever.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 4

Self righteous Erin vs her obnoxious old classmate. What’s the point of having a story with no resolution? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Tommy the kidnapper, did he orchestrate everything because he couldn’t handle life on the outside?

Most of Frank’s storylines this season make me drowsy. Same goes with this one. Captain Phillips should venture into private security instead of NYPD.

Eddie is so f-king annoying and the actress is still not likeable. Jamie’s first instinct to discipline Sgt. McNichols is correct. What if next time she has an altercation in public, with a civilian then it goes viral? Send her to counselling Jamie, stop listening to your nosy wife! 😤

• Love 4

I liked Jamie's storyline, mainly him struggling with what to do about the issue. At dinner, I liked the nod that Jamie represents the future, while Henry, Frank and Danny represent the past (although I could be reading too much into it). 

While this is a show where status quo is God, I want to see Jamie going through the ranks and getting promoted. Seeing him develop as a leader has been one of the best things about the more recent seasons.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Tommy the kidnapper, did he orchestrate everything because he couldn’t handle life on the outside?

No. His father had a terminal illness and he wanted his dad to meet his grandson before he died.  He knew he'd go back to prison but he didn't care.  He got through prison the first time planning to be a good father but that was taken away when he learned the kid was adopted so he had nothing for him on the outside. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Eddie is so f-king annoying and the actress is still not likeable. Jamie’s first instinct to discipline Sgt. McNichols is correct. What if next time she has an altercation in public, with a civilian then it goes viral? Send her to counselling Jamie, stop listening to your nosy wife! 😤

I used to like Eddie but not anymore. 

They need to get her transferred. Jamie is my favorite character and she shouldn't be working with him.

• Love 3

I guess I’m at the table for one. I like Eddie and I like the way that story got resolved. Although I agree that Eddie and Jamie should be separated at work. I guess the continuity cops were off recently. First Eddie is going to become a detective in another precinct. Then that story is dropped. Last week Jamie is going to work for the Mayor. Or maybe not. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I guess I’m at the table for one. I like Eddie and I like the way that story got resolved.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I'm neutral on Eddie. She was being a buttinsky in this episode, but spouses can be like that. It would be best for her to transfer to another precinct. Maybe Danny's, if you want to keep it in the family. 

I've gone from not liking Danny at all in the beginning, to being neutral on him. That's how I feel about most characters on this show. No one stands out and I could really do without ignorant Sid. 

Anthony would be the one character I like more than the others, and I enjoy his relationship with Erin. I like Danny's relationship with his partner, too. I like when people turn into work spouses. I recall some little argument between Cagney and Lacey when Lacey comes to a sudden realization and says something like, "Geez, this is like being married." I find work spouses fun to observe, and have been one a few times myself.

• Love 5
On 4/9/2022 at 12:46 AM, preeya said:

Timely comment, since just this week the real-world NYPD updated the patrol guide to require supervisor-subordinate relationships to end with one of them needing to transfer. https://nypost.com/2022/04/06/new-nypd-policy-sets-cop-romance-regulations-police-sources-said/

As for the Marine, there are some departments that would welcome his street smarts. IIRC from The First 48, New Orleans and Atlanta have hired detectives who were not originally in patrol but were otherwise qualified. Maybe Erin could get him an interview as a DA's office investigator. 

• Love 4

I don’t care for Eddie at all. Not one bit. Never have. I keep waiting for her to be killed in the line of duty. They wrote out Danny’s wife and can do the same for Jamie. She’s so clueless if she really thinks Jamie’s the reason she doesn’t have friends. 

I was waiting for someone to tell the guy who was recently released from prison that he has parental rights since he didn’t agree to the adoption. She may have had custody, but I’d think a court would hear his case. Sad that he’s losing father and son.

I figure Frank has connections to help the marine get a job outside of NYPD. After the publicity, the marine doesn’t need any help. The guy is probably a loose cannon, though. Only a matter of time for something bad to happen. We may get an update in a future show that he took out an innocent person or the bad guy triumphs in a future conflict. Although he’s a veteran and hero, I didn’t get a good vibe from him. Hmmm…the guy who senses others are bad gave off bad vibes himself. Good move, Frank.

• Useful 1
On 4/9/2022 at 4:07 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Most of Frank’s storylines this season make me drowsy. Same goes with this one. Captain Phillips should venture into private security instead of NYPD.

Not to mention there are a number of police agencies, city, state & federal in the area: from Port Authority to Bridge and Tunnel, to Amtrak, to Post Office to CUNY police and on and on...lousy resolution.

Obnoxious classmate was such a stupid entry point: if he's all about freeing an innocent man, why does he come in and insult Erin left and right? A GOOD lawyer would say: hey, I'm glad to see you. I have a client I think is innocent, and I can't get any traction with the DA. Can you have a look at it? (And yeah, what's with the missing "to be continued?")

And the thing about Eddie is that she has no consistent character: they have her as the the person who challenges Jamie, sometimes for no reason, instead of trusting him (I mean she married him...shouldn't she trust him?) But then sometimes she DOES trust him. 

Jamie is the only one whose characterization has been consistent the last few years, and we STILL don't know what he told the Mayor about the job on the Mayor's detail.

I liked his conversation with Grandpa Teeth.

Did not really care about the kidnapped kid. As pointed out, the dad could have asked for visitation. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, kwnyc said:

And the thing about Eddie is that she has no consistent character: they have her as the the person who challenges Jamie, sometimes for no reason, instead of trusting him (I mean she married him...shouldn't she trust him?) But then sometimes she DOES trust him. 

Maybe it’s time to bring in a baby into Jamie/Eddie’s dynamic to make it more believable. I see zero romantic chemistry between these two. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I can’t unsee Grandpa Teeth after somebody first mentioned it.  With that said I did like his talk with Jamie.  I’m glad they didn’t hire the Marine if they were going to make him out to be “out of control” or weird. As others have mentioned Frank might have suggested a job in security or maybe Danny, who had that job offer as head of security for the rich guy.  I don’t know if 42 is the new 30, but after finding out Baker’s real age 36 might be the new 42.  (I thought she was much older).

The whole thing with the 2 cops was stupid.  I thought it was going to be the guy was dating her daughter and maybe being abusive, I never would have guessed it was about a kids hockey game.  Can they just make Eddie a detective or promote Jamie again, I’m tired of these two together.  Again why are they allowed to work together and is he her supervisor? I’m totally confused.

Was Frank jabbering about changing the past few years a sign the show is ready to wrap up? Also, does Sean have a job or go to school? I tune him out at dinner a lot, but did he mention anything this episode that mentioned it?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Grandpa Teeth!  Bwah ha ha. I have thought that for years but didn’t come up with the hilarious name.  Literally 53 years ago my junior high class went to Stratford Ct Shakespeare Theater to see Henry V, which we had also read in class. Starring Grandpa Teeth. He seemed old then!  

• Love 1
On 4/12/2022 at 7:40 AM, Neiman said:

I don’t care for Eddie at all. Not one bit. Never have. I keep waiting for her to be killed in the line of duty. They wrote out Danny’s wife and can do the same for Jamie. She’s so clueless if she really thinks Jamie’s the reason she doesn’t have friends.

I feel the same way, but I have to admit - I'll take her over Lucy Chen on The Rookie any day of the week.  Chen's constant need for attention, validation, acceptance and head pats makes me insane

Ridiculous scenarios.

The bio dad, who bio mom said never got word that she placed the 4 year old for adoption….not likely. Most states require that bio parents receive LEGAL notice of intent to terminate parental rights, prior to an adoption.  

What in the hell does it matter why the lady officer punched another officer in the face?  Her personal issues are irrelevant.  Justifying her violence was just disgusting. Ugh…..bad advice from Eddie and Grandpa.  Wish Jamie would lose Eddie.  Not an asset, imo.  

• Love 3
On 4/15/2022 at 12:58 AM, Irate Panda said:

Also, does Sean have a job or go to school? I tune him out at dinner a lot, but did he mention anything this episode that mentioned it?

Sean is in college. He is going to school locally which is why he is there for Sunday dinner, but he no longer lives at home. We've seen his dorm room once or twice. 

• Useful 1
19 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

Sean is in college. He is going to school locally which is why he is there for Sunday dinner, but he no longer lives at home. We've seen his dorm room once or twice. 

I hope he doesn't go to Hudson University...otherwise he'll end up DEAD! ;-) We also know he has a fake ID "for emergencies."

• LOL 1

I didn’t quite get the point of denying the Marine the way it was done once the council said they’d make an exception for age.    Send him through the same  vetting process younger candidates go through: psychological exams etc.   Frank doesn’t approve or deny younger  ex Marines. No point in handling this any differently once the age didn’t matter.