Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E05: Auditions 5

• Start Topic

Do you all think that Saylor was wearing enough fake eyelashes?  Also that audition was just painful.  I FF through the sympathy stories so that might sound a little cold, I'm sorry.  I cannot believe that she was put through.  That was just straight up hard to listen to.

As soon as Schuyler Dixon started I had to FF through that too.  Okay she was "Fake" anyway.  What a waste of my time.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Very cute to see the Canadian kid from Kamloops and to hear his strong accent.  I obviously have an accent but I wonder how strong it is.  LOL.

31 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Damn, her dad met the woman he had an affair with and left the family for on his daughter's fan page? That is cold. Ouch. 

Who was that?  Was that Saylor?  That's insaneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  Going back to listen now.

What a horrible parent that guy is.  Saylor feels guilty and like it's 50% her fault.  It's his job to make her know that it isn't.  Meanwhile he doesn't even talk to her and he's too busy with the new woman.  What a dick.

Also who goes trolling on a kid's fanpage to fuck the father?  God these people LOL

Please don't make "Rolling on the raw" a thing.  LOL.  Sounds so gross. 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6

I liked that montage of all those weird auditions. Those girls screaming were...something :p.

17 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

What a horrible parent that guy is.  Saylor feels guilty and like it's 50% her fault.  It's his job to make her know that it isn't.  Meanwhile he doesn't even talk to her and he's too busy with the new woman.  What a dick.

Right? It was especially sad 'cause here she was talking about how supportive he was of her early on and how close they were, and then...that. Wonder if he has or ever will come to regret what he's done 

Just now, Annber03 said:

I liked that montage of all those weird auditions. Those girls screaming were...something :p.

LOL.

I heard "Your Body" by Christina Aguilera.

And I think the woman screaming with the black lipstick was doing "Believer" by Imagine Dragons.  Haha!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

And I think the woman screaming with the black lipstick was doing "Believer" by Imagine Dragons.  Haha!

That's the thing with some of these auditions, too - my mom will ask me what song they're doing and I can't always tell, because even if it is a song I know, they're singing it in such an unusual way that it's not until, like, the chorus or something where I'm like, "Ohhhh, okay, that's what that song is...." :p. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I really like the guy who did "Signed Sealed Delivered" by Stevie Wonder they gave a platinum ticket too.  Obvious opinion.  With the way he started and his cliched song choice I thought I was going to hate it but then he definitely won me over.  He was very "moving" he can move people figuratively and literally.  It was powerful!

I don't really get this ballet thing lol it's just so sad and slow.

More auditions next week?  What?  No No No No what about Hollywood Week ..... Okay Sunday is Auditions, Monday is HW?   Lord.......if they reduce HW to just one episode I will riot.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

That's the thing with some of these auditions, too - my mom will ask me what song they're doing and I can't always tell, because even if it is a song I know, they're singing it in such an unusual way that it's not until, like, the chorus or something where I'm like, "Ohhhh, okay, that's what that song is...." :p. 

YES! LOL that is my favorite part of the bad auditions. Sometimes it's not even until the second go-around of the chorus until I figure it out :p.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

More auditions next week?  What?  No No No No what about Hollywood Week ..... Okay Sunday is Auditions, Monday is HW?   Lord.......if they reduce HW to just one episode I will riot.

The schedule on Futon Critic (taken from ABC releases) says that Hollywood will be next Monday and the following Sunday and Monday.

The other audition episode seems really unnecessary, and it's not even possible to just record it on the west coast because they're showing it right after the Oscars, which will inevitably run long.  I suppose it will be easier to record the other show I would watch (which has an actual steady time slot) and keep flipping to ABC every five minutes until the show starts.  How annoying.

• Useful 2

Knocks Me Off My Feet is one of my favorite songs. I'm old, grew up on Motown, and have loved Stevie Wonder my whole life. I listen to that song several times a week and I'm a hardass about covers, especially songs by one of my idols. Tobias had me cheering. He was fabulous. I couldn't stand the rest of the episode because the judges were harder on him than some who were nothing special. Maybe it's because they see more potential, but I don't know. 

And every time Luke Bryant sings, I wonder how he makes a living at it. I don't like country music, but I appreciate good singers of any genre. Is he worse or has he always sounded terrible without a lot of technical help?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Why did we have to watch a 5 minute skit with Luke Bryant and his wife punking him? And the last 10 minutes with Katy Perry doing pirouettes and ballet jumps? 

Not to mention all of the "singers" who absolutely sucked, but got the pass to Hollywood. When did this show start circling the drain?

• Love 11
On 3/21/2022 at 6:33 PM, Annber03 said:

Right? It was especially sad 'cause here she was talking about how supportive he was of her early on and how close they were, and then...that. Wonder if he has or ever will come to regret what he's done 

When I was watching that contestant, I thought, "For sure her dad will make an appearance at some point down the road." Why else include all that story? I felt like we are being played.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Confession: I liked guy in buffalo plaid flannel shirt (Sir Something) that barely squeaked in 2:1 more than the platinum ticket guy. Oh well.......

I hate when two people audition together. You know they always prefer one over the other. I really wonder what would have happened if they had just auditioned separately? I feel like the guy deserved to go through too - they should have had her step aside and let him sing a solo. Boo.....

The girl with the pretty long blonde hair and crop top and dad accompaniment - I knew she would get through because of how she looked, but I didn't really like her voice. She sounded pretty generic to me, and there are other blonde pretty girls with way better voices that have already been put through. Still liking Kennedi best in this lane, and also the one from Sunday in the plaid dress.

I also would have sent fake lashes packing, sob story or no. Her voice cracked MULTIPLE TIMES. Just no.

Loved the vibe of ballet guy - so chill and laid back and he sounded good to me. I hope he does well, but I wonder if he has another gear, as Katy would say. He'll have to bring it to stand out in the next round.

Apologies for the lack of names - I can't be bothered to learn them at this stage......

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I also would have sent fake lashes packing, sob story or no. Her voice cracked MULTIPLE TIMES. Just no.

It's almost like they moved her to the Hollywood competition just to further embarrass her. I will be shocked if her voice gets better

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

The girl with the pretty long blonde hair and crop top and dad accompaniment - I knew she would get through because of how she looked, but I didn't really like her voice. She sounded pretty generic to me

Did anyone else think that she looked like Kate Middleton?   Dad was certainly living vicariously through her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I feel like the guy deserved to go through too - they should have had her step aside and let him sing a solo. Boo.....

I actually preferred the guy over the girl. I thought the girl was a bit too shouty and didn't have that pleasant of a voice. The guy was more subtle. 

I really liked the hyper 18 year old guy from Canada. He sounds so much like Tyler Childers, and actually the song he sang was Tyler's version of the song. I hope he can learn to calm down a bit in Hollywood. His accent was so unusual. It was like an Irish person who moved to northern Wisconsin.

• Love 3
On 3/21/2022 at 9:04 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Do you all think that Saylor was wearing enough fake eyelashes?  Also that audition was just painful.  I FF through the sympathy stories so that might sound a little cold, I'm sorry.  I cannot believe that she was put through.  That was just straight up hard to listen to.

As soon as Schuyler Dixon started I had to FF through that too.  Okay she was "Fake" anyway.  What a waste of my time.

What do you have against sky Dixon ?

On 3/23/2022 at 1:36 PM, Ilovepie said:

I don't think I even remember what she sounded like.  I was so mesmerized and distracted by her honkin' big mega-lashes, I didn't even pay attention to her singing.

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Did anyone watch the ep last night and can tell us whether there's anything new?

The Oscars ran VERY long.

I totally forgot about this episode what with the drama of the Oscars.

I taped 1 hour past the Oscar timeslot, and of course because the Oscars ran like 40 minutes long, I only got about 15 minutes of Idol.  That was 3 performances from people we've never seen before.  They were pretty good.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Did anyone watch the ep last night and can tell us whether there's anything new?

It was almost all new auditions, although they did show a bonus clip of one of the favorites (the perfect looking blonde girl who plays piano) playing an original song. I wasn't paying 100% attention to it and FF'd through a lot of it because many of the auditions were not very good. Some of them went through to Hollywood, although I don't think they'll make it very far. One of the people to audition was the daughter of the drummer from The Red Hot Chili Peppers, although she didn't mention her father, which I appreciated. I didn't like the sound of her voice.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chad-smith-daughter-impresses-idol-181100303.html

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1