Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E88: After party: Whips, Claws, & Choreplay

• Start Topic

Host Keshia Knight Pulliam chats with Olajuwan, Lindsey, and special guest, comedian Kevin Fredericks, about the risqué expert activities, tense meetings with Dr. Viviana, and secret rooftop conversations.

Airs Wednesday, March 9, at 10:03PM EST.

5 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

That dress isn’t doing Lindsey any favors. Yikes. 

Agree 💯! I can’t put my finger on it, but many of her wardrobe choices don’t flatter. She is not a large girl, but often gives that impression at a glance. Maybe her clothes tend toward matronly? Or they are too large? Or she needs a bettter bra? I just don’t know…

• Love 7

Holy crap, Lindsey and Olajuwon are roof buddies (hanging out, dishing on the roof of their building). In other words, re-inforcing each other's shitty behavior.

So just when you think, poor Mark, HE SLID INTO ALYSSA'S DMs. And she's buzzing around the building on the regular. Stay away, cameras!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, Cancun said:

Maybe her clothes tend toward matronly? Or they are too large? Or she needs a bettter bra? 

Yes. All of the above. 🙂

1 minute ago, buttersister said:

So just when you think, poor Mark, HE SLID INTO ALYSSA'S DMs. And she's buzzing around the building on the regular. Stay away, cameras!

Whoa. Was that on the After Party? I missed that.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Who is the third guy on tonight - the one who isn't part of the couples? I can't even be bothered to watch - more Lindsey and some stranger...

He is Kevin Fredericks. They said his name. He is not just some random guy. He is a part of arguably the most popular MAFS podcast out there. The Bald and The Beautiful. He hosts it with his wife and his business partner with her husband. It's great. Funny as hell. Many people listen to him. He's not just some random guy. I've been a fan of his for years. He is a well respected comedian and one of the most hard working and kind people you will find. I was happy to see him here. 

They've already had Ryan and Clara on their podcast (that was the podcast they did right before their marriage blew up publicly). They have also had Dr. Viviana and Pastor Cal on there as well. It probably created a working relationship.

I don't know why it's such a big thing when people one doesn't know do these panel things. Just because you don't know them doesn't make them a nobody. Also, i don't think there is anything wrong with getting genuine fans on to talk this stuff out. 

Also, these people may be busy. They might not be able to show up for this all the time. 

All these couples are basically in a holding pattern so they wouldn't have much to add here anyway. I needed Olajuwon on here to talk about his bullshit. That was about it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

He is Kevin Fredericks. They said his name. He is not just some random guy. He is a part of arguably the most popular MAFS podcast out there. The Bald and The Beautiful. He hosts it with his wife and his business partner with her husband. It's great. Funny as hell. Many people listen to him. He's not just some random guy. I've been a fan of his for years. He is a well respected comedian and one of the most hard working and kind people you will find. I was happy to see him here. 

They've already had Ryan and Clara on their podcast (that was the podcast they did right before their marriage blew up publicly). They have also had Dr. Viviana and Pastor Cal on there as well. It probably created a working relationship.

I don't know why it's such a big thing when people one doesn't know do these panel things. Just because you don't know them doesn't make them a nobody. Also, i don't think there is anything wrong with getting genuine fans on to talk this stuff out. 

Also, these people may be busy. They might not be able to show up for this all the time. 

All these couples are basically in a holding pattern so they wouldn't have much to add here anyway. I needed Olajuwon on here to talk about his bullshit. That was about it.

Eh - I watch After Party to hear from the couples themselves. I’m not familiar with the podcast or the host and since I watch the show specifically to hear from the cast, i wasn’t interested in what a non cast person would have to say about it.

that said, I didn’t mean to imply he’s a “nobody.” Im sure he is a lovely person, valued by all who know him. But between him and even more Lindsey (who is, as we all know “A LOT”) I just couldn’t tonight.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I knew who he was and I still don't think he had a place on this show.  He took the attention away from the actual show participants.  If I want to hear what he has to say I can watch him on YouTube.  If Lindsey didn't start up with that bomb about roof conversations and Alyssa and Mark's DMs this episode would have been milquetoast by comparison even with his comments.  I think people like Olaj and Lindsey are making Keisha look better than she really is.

• Love 3
Just now, Elizzikra said:

Eh - I watch After Party to hear from the couples themselves. I’m not familiar with the podcast or the host and since I watch the show specifically to hear from the cast, i wasn’t interested in what a non cast person would have to say about it.

that said, I didn’t mean to imply he’s a “nobody.” Im sure he is a lovely person, valued by all who know him. But between him and even more Lindsey (who is, as we all know “A LOT”) I just couldn’t tonight.

This wasn't his best format. His wife would be killer on the afterparty. She gives tremendous insight. I don't really care who is on. Most of the cast are duds personality wise anyway. So, I missed no one. I also don't think there much tea to spill on this episode. I'm still mad Keisha never asked Noi any of the important questions last week. 

• Love 2

My thoughts on Alyssa and the private messages and showing up at the apartment building?  She continues to see this as an experience and the other cast  members  as, well, cast members. She doesn’t see them  as married couples.  So she has no bones about messaging Mark without Lindsay knowing because she sees him as a fellow experience buddy. It’s not like she’s looking to steal Mark away from Lindsay.  Now should she be communicating with Mark?  No, because they aren’t real friends and she  should think about what his new wife would think- but as I said, she doesn’t see the couples as actually being married. I don’t think the couples see themselves  as being married. Which is  why I don’t think Mark sees a problem replying to Alyssa either.  My guess is that none of the cast members will see themselves as married unless they say yes on decision day. 

There are females that don’t bother me at all communicating with my spouse, just as I have former  coworkers I keeep in contact with- . Appropriately.  There are other females that I would not appreciate them contacting my spouse. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, buttersister said:

She'll be on next week, if I heard correctly.😉

So you mean now they're going to be regulars on this?  I was OK with the so-called "experts" being on this show but this is getting to be too much now.  Is this show about them or about the participants?  If I want a 3rd party's opinion there are other places to see that.  Half the time Olaj and Lindsey were sitting there mute just looking at Kevin talk animatedly and get along famously with Keisha as if they weren't even there.  If they want a chat show with non-show guests, fine, but not on this show.

• Love 5

Lindsey should know better that venting to the producers is not the same as venting in private to a girlfriend. She dropped more hints tonight about how Mark's life is "falling apart". I really want to know the truth.

I'm glad Katina speaks up more off-camera but I would really love to see her tell off Olajuwon. It doesn't matter how many people call him out on his sexist attitudes, he still thinks Katina needs to be serving up meals every night and doing all the housework on top of her job.

Alyssa is a shady bitch if she's still trying to hang around with the married couples. She's too good (of a fucking person) to give her phone number to Chris, but I guess it's okay to give it to Mark.

• Love 9

I thought Kevin was hilarious! I’m looking forward to “meeting” his wife next week, and I’ll be seeking out their podcast. I almost fell out of my chair when Lindsey said Alyssa and Mark were talking, and Kevin just picked up the fake potted plant and inspected it closely.

Interesting that Lindsey and Olajuwon became close friends. Now that they mentioned it, I think they actually could make a good couple. Lindsey is definitely all about being that caregiver for her husband—just as long as she’s appreciated for it. We saw how O can be very appreciative and overboard with the loving praise—when he’s getting those “acts of service” from his wife. I think they actually could fulfill the dynamic that they’re both most wanting in a partner. Now, when they fight, it would be BAD. They would both escalate things and say things that any reasonable person would regret saying. Yet, they both seem to have an attitude that you just need to “let out” those feelings and need someone with a thick skin to take it. So, I think they probably would just forgive and forget…for at least about 5 years or so until so much animosity and hurt built up that they can’t take back everything they said.

ETA: Oh, and re Lindsey’s dress. Someone on set must have given it to her and it was like 4 sizes too big. It was entirely Ill-fitting in the chest area, which was noticeable the entire show. But when she was moving around to show how Mark posed for the pictures, you could see those big black plastic fabric clips on the back of the dress. Maybe they clipped it on her when she was standing and it looked okay, but it was a disaster by the time she sat down or wiggled the fabric from the clips.

Edited by JenE4
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Interesting that Lindsey and Olajuwon became close friends. Now that they mentioned it, I think they actually could make a good couple. Lindsey is definitely all about being that caregiver for her husband—just as long as she’s appreciated for it. We saw how O can be very appreciative and overboard with the loving praise—when he’s getting those “acts of service” from his wife. I think they actually could fulfill the dynamic that they’re both most wanting in a partner. Now, when they fight, it would be BAD. They would both escalate things and say things that any reasonable person would regret saying. Yet, they both seem to have an attitude that you just need to “let out” those feelings and need someone with a thick skin to take it. So, I think they probably would just forgive and forget…for at least about 5 years or so until so much animosity and hurt built up that they can’t take back everything they said.

ETA: Oh, and re Lindsey’s dress. Someone on set must have given it to her and it was like 4 sizes too big. It was entirely Ill-fitting in the chest area, which was noticeable the entire show. But when she was moving around to show how Mark posed for the pictures, you could see those big black plastic fabric clips on the back of the dress. Maybe they clipped it on her when she was standing and it looked okay, but it was a disaster by the time she sat down or wiggled the fabric from the clips.

I personally think Olaj and Lindsey would be a match made in hell.  She would never be able to handle his attitude toward women in general and women's work.  Nor would she want to let him control her and spend 24/7 flattering his huge ego and revolving her life around him like he wants from a woman.  If he launched into her the way he does with Katina there would be WWIII worse than we have seen with Mark.  Good friends can be horrible matches.  She doesn't have to live with him.

I think the dress is not the right shape for her but what's wrong on top looked to me like a poorly fitting bra that gave her "low hanging fruit".  She looked that way on the episode too.  At other times she's looked better.  It looks almost like a strapless bra that cuts into her chest and makes her boobs look low and awful.

Edited by Yeah No

Well, since O's wife can't stand Lindsey, it is interesting that they are sounding like they are friends.  I was a little surprised to hear Alyssa's name again. And the fact that she hangs out at the building? I love it that the producers won't give her any camera time for that. I would much rather catch up with Chris. Maybe he talks with them, too. Who knows? 

I didn't see the whole show last night, and don't think I missed much. I agree that this show is for the cast, and not just outside people with their opinions, unless they are affiliated with the show. If we want to see that, and many do, we know where to find these other people.

Lindsey is on too often, but we do always get scoop from her that we wouldn't otherwise know.

• Love 3

This business about Mark DMing Alyssa and then trying to justify it by saying he just wants everyone to like him is an example of what I've been saying about him for weeks now - That he doesn't care how Lindsey feels about it and if it furthers his end of making others like him, he will do it anyway even at her expense or at the expense of her feelings.  I personally think he has no business being in contact with Alyssa for any reason.  She's not on the show anymore plus is pretty much not anyone's friend at this point so what is his reason for being chummy with her?  So he can trash Lindsey behind her back?  At least Lindsey doesn't try to hide her dissatisfactions with Mark, even if she is way too open and inappropriate in expressing them.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

This business about Mark DMing Alyssa and then trying to justify it by saying he just wants everyone to like him is an example of what I've been saying about him for weeks now - That he doesn't care how Lindsey feels about it and if it furthers his end of making others like him, he will do it anyway even at her expense or at the expense of her feelings.  I personally think he has no business being in contact with Alyssa for any reason.  She's not on the show anymore plus is pretty much not anyone's friend at this point so what is his reason for being chummy with her?  So he can trash Lindsey behind her back?  At least Lindsey doesn't try to hide her dissatisfactions with Mark, even if she is way too open and inappropriate in expressing them.

I think Mark has already realized that this marriage won't work, so there's no point in trying to please her, which he can't anyway.  Not sure anyone can.

She boasts about the caliber (sounds like older and with money) of men she's been with before and tears him down every chance she can.

No wonder he isn't pleasing her in bed. Nothing will be good enough in her opinion.  That will have an impact on his ability to perform, no?  I'm not a man, so I don't know, but seems like just knowing how she is would affect that.

I wonder if Alyssa, apart from wanting to continue to hang out with these people, is just contractually obligated to be available to still get her $$$.  And if Mark or anybody else from the cast is hanging out on the roof to get away from their spouse, being able to talk about what's going on creates some level of friendship and, as long as he isn't married to her nasty ass, Alyssa will do as a sounding board. 

• Love 1

So you mean now they're going to be regulars on this

I didn't get that impression.

Weeks ago, I said I was waiting for the other shoe to drop with Mark--I knew I could count on Lindsey to reign shoes. Also, I wonder if Lindsey's outfit was a borrow because they wanted her for one more taping and she hadn't brought enough changes of clothes? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, buttersister said:

Also, I wonder if Lindsey's outfit was a borrow because they wanted her for one more taping and she hadn't brought enough changes of clothes? 

I am pretty sure the dress is the same one she wore the last time she was on, because I remember that it was a lot of dress. But, Sher did look really nice I that color. So, since she was on 2 weeks in a row, wearing the same dress that we wouldn't be able NOT to notice, it would seem that they do film these on a different schedule.

44 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I am pretty sure the dress is the same one she wore the last time she was on, because I remember that it was a lot of dress. But, Sher did look really nice I that color. So, since she was on 2 weeks in a row, wearing the same dress that we wouldn't be able NOT to notice, it would seem that they do film these on a different schedule.

I don;t think so - wasn't her last dress the strapless blue one?

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

So you mean now they're going to be regulars on this?  I was OK with the so-called "experts" being on this show but this is getting to be too much now.  Is this show about them or about the participants?  If I want a 3rd party's opinion there are other places to see that.  Half the time Olaj and Lindsey were sitting there mute just looking at Kevin talk animatedly and get along famously with Keisha as if they weren't even there.  If they want a chat show with non-show guests, fine, but not on this show.

It seems like the show is wanting to incorporate the social media community into the show.   They had a different popular podcaster on the pre-show prediction episodes with Kevin Fraiser.  In theory it's a good way to include the MAFS fandom into the show.    I also think that's why they hired Keisha.   She is a superfan and asks the questions the viewers want to hear.  

4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

While I agree that MTS was wrong for contacting Alyssa without telling Lindsey.   I don't think it is inappropriate for him to do so.   Lindsey is friends with Chris and he is not on the show anymore either.   Chris has said both Lindsey and MTS contact him to talk about the other.   Alyssa was horrible to her husband, but we haven't seen her say much of anything about Lindsey.    But we've seen several instances of LIndsey being rude towards Alyssa.   Alyssa did block Lindsey, but per Jasmina it was because of how Lindsey talked trash about her unprovoked.      

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, After7Only said:

It seems like the show is wanting to incorporate the social media community into the show.   They had a different popular podcaster on the pre-show prediction episodes with Kevin Fraiser.  In theory it's a good way to include the MAFS fandom into the show.    I also think that's why they hired Keisha.   She is a superfan and asks the questions the viewers want to hear.  

She does, but with someone else there monopolizing the time she doesn't get to ask that many anymore.  I felt for her when she commented on how she was really sorry that their time was already up.  A half hour for all that is not enough.  Not that I would want the show to last an hour either!

5 hours ago, After7Only said:

While I agree that MTS was wrong for contacting Alyssa without telling Lindsey.   I don't think it is inappropriate for him to do so.   Lindsey is friends with Chris and he is not on the show anymore either.   Chris has said both Lindsey and MTS contact him to talk about the other.   Alyssa was horrible to her husband, but we haven't seen her say much of anything about Lindsey.    But we've seen several instances of LIndsey being rude towards Alyssa.   Alyssa did block Lindsey, but per Jasmina it was because of how Lindsey talked trash about her unprovoked.      

I personally think it's inappropriate for any of them to have separate friendships with other spouses if the main goal of them is to bitch about their spouse.  It's very destructive and immature, and can only make things worse.  If they were really committed to making their marriages work they would have some respect for their partner and not do that even if they wanted to.  I don't think it's valid to say that because their relationships were already in the crapper they're justified in doing that.  It's stuff like that that MAKES their relationships fail.  It speaks to all of their responsibility in making them fail. 

I am actually siding with Lindsey on this - that Mark is talking to Alyssa because he has the need to have everyone like him. He knows that his wife doesn't like her and, most, if not all, of the rest of the cast don't like her, but she can't let go and he can't say no. They both seemed to be close to Chris and saw how Alyssa treated him. I think it is just the fact that Mark has serious boundary issues and wants everyone to like him, which is why he had those women calling him on his honeymoon and he didn't cut them off.

• Love 3
On 3/9/2022 at 10:15 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

That dress isn’t doing Lindsey any favors. Yikes. 

What? Aside from ill-fitting, you don’t think blending into the upholstery is a good look?

21 hours ago, cinsays said:

22 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I don;t think so - wasn't her last dress the strapless blue one?

The only thing I remember about Lindsay’s dress from the week before is that it had a slit all the way up to Munchkin Land and I was kind of relieved when the show was over because there was a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

The only thing I remember about Lindsay’s dress from the week before is that it had a slit all the way up to Munchkin Land and I was kind of relieved when the show was over because there was a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.

It had a different neckline too.  Between that and the slit she could only sit in one position without causing a wardrobe malfunction on either end.

I didn't want to see a random Pillsbury Doughboy. I want to see spouses explain their words/actions. Keshia doesn't ask what I really want to know & O can't explain himself to her or Viv. It's annoying.

On 3/11/2022 at 1:55 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

What? Aside from ill-fitting, you don’t think blending into the upholstery is a good look?

By the way it looks like Lindsey has yet another very similar dress in that same color that she will wear on decision day.  I saw her wearing it in a preview clip of decision day.  It's not any more flattering on her than the other two!

• Useful 1

By the way it looks like Lindsey has yet another very similar dress in that same color that she will wear on decision day.  I saw her wearing it in a preview clip of decision day.  It's not any more flattering on her than the other two!

I do think the blue is a good color for her...

• Love 3

I'm in the camp of cast members only on Afterparty.  If I want to listen to podcasts, I'll listen to podcasts.  This is about the participants' experience, not about the podcaster's opinions.

It's the reason I couldn't take Jamie Otis, as she inserted her own experience into every single participant's comment.  Keisha K-P is such a refreshing change; please keep it to just Keisha & just the participants.

Re:  The black clips on Lindsey's dress.  Could those have been mic clips?  Either way, yeah, she dresses matronly.  And girl needs better foundation undergarments.

Re:  Alyssa being contractually obligated to remain in the MAFS sphere?  Then where is Chris?  Would he not be under that same contractural obligations?

Methinks Alyssa is just a boundary-crossing narcissist who believes she "belongs" here, that this is "her" experience.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 5

Alright. Still hating on the guests.

I guess don't watch this week then. I can't wait to see Melissa on there. She is a genuine fan and does give good insight. I hope she can bring something out of the people Keisha might not. My only issue is that having guests on with the people in the couples makes its less likely that will go all the way in because they don't want to offend. If they come in and don't hold back, I'm cool.

I'm not jumping on Mark's back with the Alyssa thing. Lyndsey loves blowing issues up and hyping her side of the story. I'm not getting mad at him from just hearing her side. If he just gave a hi how you doing type thing? Whatever. Not a big deal. 

I also don't have a problem with the couples making friends with individual people on the side. It shouldn't mean anything with mature adults.

I actually wish they would stop doing gendered meet ups. I would like to see the different genders bounce off one another. It might help them in the long run. Different perspectives.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Yes, the color is good for her but the shape makes her look heavier and matronly.  I know that shape is in style these days but it's not for everyone.  That didn't stop the SATC reboot from putting it on Kristin Davis and Sarah Jessica Parker, also making them look matronly.

2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I also don't have a problem with the couples making friends with individual people on the side. It shouldn't mean anything with mature adults.

But we're not dealing with "mature adults" here, unfortunately.

I've had enough of Lindsey even though she reveals stuff we had no idea about. Choreplay was cool the 1st time she said it, but not the rest of that statement. I don't want to hear it. It's too much. She's too much! 

7 hours ago, Yeah No said:
10 hours ago, Racj82 said:

But we're not dealing with "mature adults" here, unfortunately.

Drink Reaction GIF by Laff

• LOL 2
On 3/13/2022 at 9:14 AM, Yeah No said:

By the way it looks like Lindsey has yet another very similar dress in that same color that she will wear on decision day.  I saw her wearing it in a preview clip of decision day.  It's not any more flattering on her than the other two!

On 3/13/2022 at 11:31 AM, Elizzikra said:

I have a theory that Lindsey selects this shade of blue because it exactly matches the chairs and it's an optical illusion as to where the dress ends and the chair begins.  She just blends into the background, or so she thinks.