Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I hope they are not trying to have a baby. This does not fit with going to medical school etc. right now. Which is it writers? What direction do you want this show to go in? I'm looking forward more to the development of Douglas and the bus driver. I hope the writers take their time with these two and actually show a nice relationship growing into something real and meaningful for Douglas.

• Love 10

Yeah this baby stuff came out of nowhere. Why should she have to put medical school on hold just because everybody else wants to pressure her into having a kid? They are moving too fast. Plus, wasn't the previous episode about Abishola having nightmares due to all the stress she was under to be a perfect wife and obey her mother? What the hell, writers? 😡

Just finish the medical school stuff, and spend more time with Dele if you want kid stuff. It's already too crowded with Abishola's mother here anyway.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Cress said:

Just finish the medical school stuff, and spend more time with Dele if you want kid stuff. It's already too crowded with Abishola's mother here anyway.

Speaking of which, is Dele still sleeping in the living room?  Or are they pretending there's now a room for him?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Bob's mom and Abishoila's mom being fast friends was something I didn't anticipate, but I admit I find it amusing. It kind of improves both of them.

I think a baby is a terrible idea but I did like that Bob and Abishola seemed to actually be getting along and not arguing this week. They felt like a couple.

Kemi and... I can't remember the name of the other friend... easily deciding to be "co-god-parents" was also something I didn't anticipate. Not that it's their decision at all, of course. But I think I'm preferring the lack of fighting at this point. Real life has enough entrenched conflicts as it is. Give me some people who can get along in my escapist media.

• Love 9

I actually like that they left it open.  I think Abishola is in a huge open and transitional area of her life.  Something that before having the security she has now with Bob wasn't open to her.  That's why she seems to be reaching for everything--med school, a baby, whatever else.  Her horizons expanded exponentially and she sees possibilities that weren't there before.

I love how Bob is absolutely her rock in all this.  He loves her.  And she loves him.  It is as simple as that--yet incredibly complicated.

• Love 12

LoL, the "How dare you tell your mother that your house is yours" was kinda genius 🤣. The layers of meaning in that...

The scene where Christina, Douglas, Goodwin and Kofo freaked out about their future because of the upcoming child was also very good I loved how dramatic everyone was about it 😄.

• Love 6

Good grief, how old are Christina and Douglas?!?  I don't think Abishola is old, but I certainly thought she was older than them.  But maybe it's just the way she carries herself and the fact that she's so serious most of the time.  I think she's at least in her mid-thirties so that makes the twins pushing 40 and still acting like children?  Yikes!

• Love 3
(edited)
26 minutes ago, jalady said:

Good grief, how old are Christina and Douglas?!?  I don't think Abishola is old, but I certainly thought she was older than them.  But maybe it's just the way she carries herself and the fact that she's so serious most of the time.  I think she's at least in her mid-thirties so that makes the twins pushing 40 and still acting like children?  Yikes!

Yes, but by the time a theoretical child is old enough to run the company, they probably won't even care.

And assuming all four Wheelers hold equal shares of the company, Bob and his progeny won't own a controlling interest, (even if Dottie leaves Bob her share.) At most, he would then control 50%, and so couldn't unilaterally make all the decisions. Therefore, I doubt that Bob could even designate Goodwin as his successor unless he has support from 2 other family members or their heirs.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

And assuming all four Wheelers hold equal shares of the company,

I would assume that Dottie holds all of the shares, which is why she can make Douglas jump through so many hoops and Christina is willing to walk away to look for other business opportunities. That also made it weird that Christina was so worried about the future of company after she left.

• Love 4
(edited)

I kinda feel the writers are market researching next year’s arc. They’re introducing or expanding characters, they have a gay character, medical school, baby. They’ll see how the plots are receive and go from there. They’re all over the place this season.

Edited by Kiddvideo
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I would assume that Dottie holds all of the shares, which is why she can make Douglas jump through so many hoops and Christina is willing to walk away to look for other business opportunities. That also made it weird that Christina was so worried about the future of company after she left.

I don't think she does, because when Bob was thinking of taking his mother-in-law's bad advice and expanding the business, the other three quickly voted him down.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Useful 1

re: Goodwin thinking he is going to take over.  

Bob didn't say that he is giving him the place. Just that Goodwin will run the place when he retires.  He most likely means a CEO type role where Goodwin runs the company but the people who own it is still the Wheelers.   Plus if there was a Bob Jr. he or she might not want to take over the family business but do something else.  The only reason Bob took over the place was because his father died and his mother needed assistance and I guess the twins were too young (?)  Therefore, Goodwin would still be able to run the joint on behalf of the Wheelers.

As a CEO - the pay wouldn't be too shabby and he would have alot of autonomy as long as MaxDot was making money.

Also a baby is a bad idea. Once you introduce a baby, you show goes down hill.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, greekmom said:

re: Goodwin thinking he is going to take over.  

Bob didn't say that he is giving him the place. Just that Goodwin will run the place when he retires.  He most likely means a CEO type role where Goodwin runs the company but the people who own it is still the Wheelers.   Plus if there was a Bob Jr. he or she might not want to take over the family business but do something else.  The only reason Bob took over the place was because his father died and his mother needed assistance and I guess the twins were too young (?)  Therefore, Goodwin would still be able to run the joint on behalf of the Wheelers.

As a CEO - the pay wouldn't be too shabby and he would have alot of autonomy as long as MaxDot was making money.

I agree with all that.  But just because the other Wheelers agree that Bob was the best person to run the business now, doesn't necessarily mean that they would agree that Goodwin should have that role when Bob retires. If nothing changes, they probably would agree, but I don't see how Bob can promise more than that he will recommend that Goodwin succeed him.  Two other Wheelers (or their heirs) would probably have to concur.

• Love 1
(edited)

A Bob/Abishola baby would be quite cute. A teddy bear with talons. At least Tunde would be happy!

Bob and Abishola joking in their room about their moms was really cute, especially when Abishola laughed at Bob's impression of his mom.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 3/1/2022 at 5:40 AM, Harvey said:

The scene where Christina, Douglas, Goodwin and Kofo freaked out about their future because of the upcoming child was also very good I loved how dramatic everyone was about it 😄.

Yes, the episode was funny. Gloria and Kemi were cute too. I just hope the baby stays hypothetical for now.

BTW, is Dele back in American school for now? Seems like his visit has been going a long time, and he'd be missing classes from whatever school he goes to in Africa. Surely his dad would have something to say about that?

Oh, I had a thought, since Abishola mentioned that she still takes care of Bob's mom in addition to her hospital job-- What if Gloria takes over taking care of Bob's mom, to earn extra money? That would relieve some pressure off Abishola and maybe Gloria can interact with Abishola's mom too.

Edited by Cress
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Cress said:

BTW, is Dele back in American school for now? Seems like his visit has been going a long time, and he'd be missing classes from whatever school he goes to in Africa. Surely his dad would have something to say about that?

If I recall correctly it was mentioned in one episode that he studies online.

• Useful 1
On 3/1/2022 at 8:41 AM, jalady said:

Just coming here to say that. I was shocked when Douglas said to his sister that Abishola is younger than her! She doesn’t look it. 

On 3/1/2022 at 6:40 AM, Harvey said:

LoL, the "How dare you tell your mother that your house is yours" was kinda genius 🤣. The layers of meaning in that...

Um. Won’t they be retired by the time the baby starts running the business good ? Good Lord they are not that young! 

On 3/1/2022 at 8:41 AM, jalady said:

Perhaps putting aside for a few moments that actors frequently play 10 years over or under their real life ages, and just for the sake of curiosity:
Matt Jones (Douglas Wheeler) is 40
Maribeth Monroe (Christina Wheeler) is 43
Folake Olowofoyeku (Abishola) is 38

• Useful 1

Douglas and Christina act like children. They can't function like adults at all. Abishola is an adult and acts like one. She's responsible, serious, takes care of herself and her child, etc. I think perceptions of the characters are reflective of their maturity more than their technical ages.

• Love 3