Type keyword(s) to search

Super Bowl LVI - Live Chat Thread

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

Just now, Bastet said:

"How big does that missed extra point look right now?"

That's what I said then.  Why didn't you, the folks paid big bucks to analyze the game?

I couldn't agree more.  Any time there's a missed PAT early on you just know it will be an issue in the 4th quarter.  

• Love 1

The Rams are finally starting to get some nice moment again towards the very end of this game. They were stagnant for a while there and Matt seemed a bit shaky and it looked like he overthrew the ball multiple times. They are in a good position now to score a TD here and pull ahead. I am interested in seeing how the Bengals responds if they do that. They still may have a little time on the clock to do something.

Matt continues to overthrow people. but maybe he will still throw a TD on this drive. The Bengals unfortunately are getting some costly penalties now after having a mostly clean game. If they don't get these penalties maybe they can get the ball back in enough time to win. (Whether the Rams score or not). Though time is winding down.

That's unfortunate for the Bengals.  But I do think they have a very bright future. Joe Burrow is an excellent young QB. He did a lot with this team in only his second year, and coming back from a major injury at that.

He was mostly pretty calm throughout everything and the team did a great job of playing together, including with several new members on defense. It would be nice to see them return back to the Super Bowl in the future.

Also, congrats to the Rams.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 3

Well . . . not the best game, far from the worst Super Bowl. Rams are second team to win the big game representing Los Angeles. Bengals fall to 0-3, and I don’t want to know how the city will spend their day off tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Bastet said:

And Stafford gets cosmically rewarded for all those years with the Lions.

Gridiron Heights had a lot of fun poking Matt in those days. I think this was their peak.

Sorry for the references if they were too many. I just like that stuff.

Edited by Lantern7
2 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Donald can retire with that ring now.

And Stafford gets cosmically rewarded for all those years with the Lions.

I wish ODB Jr. had been able to play the whole game, but that was great.

Shows the determination of the Rams to get the win without him.  

I wonder if it was the regular season if the officials would have sent Kupp off to get checked after that head shot on the TD that wasn't due to the offsetting penalties.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, mojoween said:

My number four most hated team in the NFL, the LA motherfucking Rams.  God fucking dammit I hate them.

Actually, they can scootch back up into the third slot, displacing the Bucs.  FUCK.

My list of most hated teams goes:

1. Bengals

2. Cowboys 

3. Raiders.

However, I sympathize with your pain. It’ll be a new season soon.

1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

Well . . . not the best game, far from the worst Super Bowl. Rams are second team to win the big game representing Los Angeles. Bengals fall to 0-3, and I don’t want to know how the city will spend their day off tomorrow.

I don't live in Cincinnati (and haven't since I was six), but I'd imagine the city will be OK.  Given how miraculous it was that the Bengals even made it to the SB, I think that's the (very) positive takeaway.

• Love 2