Type keyword(s) to search

Super Bowl LVI - Live Chat Thread

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

Rams? Bengals? Just glad Tom Brady isn’t there again?  Let’s chat about it it!

This thread will open one hour before kick off (2pm Pacific/5 pm Eastern) and will remain open through the trophy presentation ceremony.  

Super Bowl Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Love 2

This article looks like it's got a nice summary of noteworthy commercials for us. I'm not going to spoil myself by watching them ahead of time, but instead dropping it in here as a way to go back and watch any I really enjoyed a second time. (Or to get my facts straight when I want to talk about one I really didn't like.)

Ditto.  Doesn't matter my rooting interests.  All I want is a good, clean, competitive game.  No Superbowl 48 & 51 nonsense

I'm not going to be here for Super Bowl chat this year.  At most, I'd show up for a message or two, but for me, it'll be a great result with the winner and a tough one for the loser.  Both teams include a player that's due and/or deserves the title.  Either way, nothing's guaranteed, but both are built to return in future years, and that's a good thing!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Every time I hear the Star Spangled banner at the Super Bowl I think of Whitney Houston. 10 year anniversary of her death.

I will always be fond of Whitney’s version for many many reasons, but thought Mickey Guyton did super well and she didn’t shy away from the high note on “free” like so many do.

• Love 4

When I was cleaning, I stumbled into the NFL preview issue of Sports Illustrated. They had the Rams winn8ng the Super Bowl . . . and the Bengals going 3-14.

Whoops!

Why is Matt all alone at the toss?

Edited by Lantern7
2 minutes ago, Magog said:

Get this damn game started already!!

Right?  I thought kickoff was at 6:18!

1 minute ago, Fostersmom said:

The Rock looks like he's dressed as a bruise 

My hubby’s contribution was a plum.  I was distracted by how much work Dwayne does on the arms while apparently neglecting everything else from the torso down.

I love the Super Bowl.  Only game where I listen while finishing up chores that need doing but run into the living room to watch the singing and commercials.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Something about Hollywood and football? Okay, then . . .

Large goats vs. big kitties. Super Bowl!

Rams are male intact sheep. (Male goats are bucks or billys.)

26 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Yep.

I like to imagine Troy Polamalu popping up wherever Patrick Mahomes is on the regular.

Is he "never not working"?

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Right?  I thought kickoff was at 6:18!

My hubby’s contribution was a plum.  I was distracted by how much work Dwayne does on the arms while apparently neglecting everything else from the torso down.

I love the Super Bowl.  Only game where I listen while finishing up chores that need doing but run into the living room to watch the singing and commercials.

I thought he was wearing a muscle shirt (at first).

2 minutes ago, mojoween said:
4 minutes ago, Popples said:

WTF was that E-Trade baby commercial?

Nostalgia.

There is nothing nostalgic about the E-Trade Baby.

How revolting. OBJ just caught a TD in the Super Bowl.

Edited by Magog