Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Stop Dragon My Heart Around

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Economos wins this episode wracking up the White Supremacist body count.

Good episode pretty action packed all the way through.

I don't know why the police were so slow to raid the Peacemaker team, or the Peacemaker team so slow to realize that they might be raided.

Eagly you have to learn to duck and weave.

• Love 4

I don't know who wrote that line, but Leota says "sequester" the clinic's vehicle when she should say "comandeer."  Unless I'm the one who doesn't know what sequester means.

Thank god Eagly's okay!  And, yeah, wild raccoons ain't nothing to mess with.

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, cdnalor said:

Thank god Eagly's okay!  And, yeah, wild raccoons ain't nothing to mess with.

I loved how they did that.  Just showed the raccoon dragging the helmet and then Peacemaker with the cuts on his face because yeah, raccoons are hardcore.

• Love 5

Auggie really is garbage, its rough that Chris had to kill his own dad, but he's better off with him dead and gone. He punched Eagly, the bastard! Pratty rich of him to blame little Chris for his brothers death considering he was the asshole getting his young sons to fight for cash, what a shitbag. 

That was an awesome episode, so many great scenes and lines. Economos mowing down racists with a machine gun, the rather touching moment between Harcourt and butterfly Murn its their butterfly form, Leota realizing that she might be alright at this job after seeing Eagly hug Chris, the people at the vets office being totally down to go and fight the butterflies including the nurse holding a giant ass gun, so much good stuff. 

Interesting that what Leota and Waller did to Chris is a bit similar to what he did to his team in Suicide Squad, working on secret orders against people who trusted him during a secret mission. 

"Pretty nice people, all things considered."

"Except the guy in blue."

"That guys a fucking mess." 

• Love 10

Never would have predicted that one of the most compelling, touching relationships on television this year would be John Cena and a CGI eagle.  Chris' reaction to Eagly's injury was heartbreaking and is just another way to humanize a character I never thought they could (despite really enjoying him in The Suicide Squad film.)  Hopefully this near escape means that Eagly will be fine for the rest of the season.  And show.  Seriously, James Gunn, I know nothing is off the table for you, but you better not do anything too horrible or worse to best damn eagle on the planet!

Good episode to wrap up the White Dragon arc and have Chris finally break away from his evil dad for good.  Not surprised that Chris' brothers death was thanks to Auggie apparently making his sons participate in some kind of trash-park fight club, and Chris accidentally hit Keith too hard.  But, of course, Auggie would put it all on Chris and he naturally would believe it at a young age.  Thankfully, Chris put a bullet in Auggie head and hopefully ended the cycle of abuse going forward.  Credit to the show for never trying to make Auggie be anything more than a bastard and Robert Patrick going all in at making him a scumbag.  But I still think they earned having Chris still get upset about it, because there would still be conflicted feelings over killing his father: even if he was awful in every way.

Everyone knows the truth about Leota now, but at least she is realizing that she might actually be good at this.  Not surprised she and Hardcourt had it out at first, but I'm glad they've moving forward.  Also not surprised Chris is still bitter and lashing out, but I wouldn't be surprise if some kind of peace (sorry) is made come finale time.

Figured at least one of the heroes was going to die here.  RIP, Murn.  You might have done some awful things (both the human version and the butterfly one), but you went out like a champ.

Economics mowing down a bunch of racists is definitely a mood!

I don't think anything else can perfectly sum up Vigilante more then him almost getting ready to shoot up a veterinarian and two nurses (no, you don't need to single out one being male, Adrian!) in case they recognize them, but once he understands that's a no go, he makes sure they are restrained as comfortably as possible.  He certainly has a code and a way of doing things.  Might be a messed up one, but it makes sense for him!

The week long wait for the finale is going to be tough!

• Love 11

I liked that the vet and the nurses were inspired to fight. And thought they were nice people except for Vigilante who is a mess. 

Abedayos is inspired to stay on the job because she saw an eagle hugging Chris. Nuzzling him too. I also think after seeing Adrian feeding Eagly and not getting his fingers bitten off means they are really friends. Eagly trusts him despite being a sociopath. 

But he is a smart sociopath, he knew about the weaknesses in the White Dragon's suit. I'm glad Chris killed his a-hole nazi father. And Economos took out all the other nazis. 

My dog really did not like the sounds the cow was making. Lol

John Cena has really grown as an actor when I first saw him I think on Psych he was pretty terrible. On this show he's great and has shown quite lot of range. I like that he's not afraid to look stupid and ugly cry. I can't see the Rock ever doing that. 

• Love 9

Fun episode and really good use of music, as always.

The cow plot seems a bit far fetched to me. You are telling me aliens who traveled across the galaxy and can teleport things can't synthezise food for themselves? It's only arranging elements in a certain configuration, compared to teleportation, how hard can it be?

9 hours ago, Kirbyrun said:

1. So, Chris is bi! Or at least bi-curious.

Probably bi. He slept with quite a few men, from the sound of it.

I already wondered in the second episode how heterosexual or not that threesome with vigilante was. Now I'm wondering even more. Would be kinda fun if those two would get it on alone at some point. They are a weird but weirdly good match.

In general, it would be nice if they showed that side of him more next season. We've already seen him with women this season. Only paying lip service to a character being gay or bi always feels a lot like having your cake and eating it, too.

5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Good episode to wrap up the White Dragon arc and have Chris finally break away from his evil dad for good.  Not surprised that Chris' brothers death was thanks to Auggie apparently making his sons participate in some kind of trash-park fight club, and Chris accidentally hit Keith too hard.  But, of course, Auggie would put it all on Chris and he naturally would believe it at a young age. 

Yeah, I figured it was his father making them fight when we saw the shorter flashback last week. He showed up way too fast after the brother went down. That he made them fight for money and not for some weird training exercise somehow makes it worse. I mean there is no way he needed that money right? He seems to be a brilliant scientist who has a Tardis in his house full of super tech.

Then putting that all on your son, when you made him do it? Woof, what a piece of shit.

Having to kill his own father must have been horrible, no matter what a bastard he was, but Chris had to do it himself to finally be free of him. Somebody else killing him wouldn't have been enough.

Edited by Zonk
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, Zonk said:

You are telling me aliens who traveled across the galaxy and can teleport things can't synthezise food for themselves? It's only arranging elements in a certain configuration, compared to teleportation, how hard can it be?

Just spitballing here, but if they aren't carbon based lifeforms like earth creatures are maybe they need sustenance that isn't carbon based aka cannot be grown here?  Of course that would mean that the cow could eat earth food or doesnt need to be fed as often a la camels with water.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Mr. R0b0t said:

Just spitballing here, but if they aren't carbon based lifeforms like earth creatures are maybe they need sustenance that isn't carbon based aka cannot be grown here? 

Sure but the elements (from the periodic table, not air, water, fire and earth) are the same in the whole universe. If you can fly through half the galaxy and teleport things, you can puzzle elements into something you can eat. That's childsplay in comparison.

3 hours ago, Mr. R0b0t said:

Of course that would mean that the cow could eat earth food or doesnt need to be fed as often a la camels with water.

You can't get something from nothing. That cow has to eat to produce the stuff the butterflies eat.

• Love 1

Probably bi. He slept with quite a few men, from the sound of it.

In the first or second episode when he was chatting up Harcourt Chris said he hadn't been with anyone in a very long time and clarified it with  "with a woman". He didn't spend those four years in Belle Reve celibate. For his father to also bring up Chris having sex with men it means this wasn't Peacemaker just getting off with men because he didn't have female options while locked up; he likes both.

Edited by AngieBee1
9 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

What I loved most may well have been the absolute not-giving-a-fuckness of disguising a 65 year old man as a man 30 years younger... simply by plopping a mullet wig into his head.

I guess this show didn't have the budget for de-aging CGI -- you gotta be Scorsese to merit that. 😉

I really liked how they handled Chris and Leota. I kept waiting for them to address what she did to him and I thought his response to her deep betrayal was real as compared to a more typical TV response of "I understand why you did it. I forgive you."

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

I loved Auggie ranting about sleeping with impure woman as one of Chris' faults. Because that tatted-up skinhead he was banging casually in the previous episode sure didn't look like June Cleaver to me.

For Auggie "impure" means "not White."

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

The music in this show is so, so bad. Every time a song comes on it’s like we are in Wayne and Garth’s basement. It completely takes me out of whatever mild connection I have with these  characters.

At least we have an actual plot with some urgency.

• Love 1

Has it be revealed who designed the "Cow"? Or who decided to give in a pointed tooth, making it look like a cartoon baby animal?

On 2/19/2022 at 5:05 PM, Ottis said:

The music in this show is so, so bad. Every time a song comes on it’s like we are in Wayne and Garth’s basement.

I'm good with it. Of course, I would expect some viewers to go  to a hospital for whiplash from this episode. One minute: Chris flashing back to punching and killing his brother in front of his father and his whiter-than-white trashier-than-trash friends. Next minute: "DO YOU REALLY DO YOU REALLY WANNA TASTE IT?!?"

• LOL 1