Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Ready, set, JOE!

• Start Topic

Expected elimination, at least Suzan was wearing a cool dress. So Kurt pulls her for a one-on-one and she proceeds to mope about not having a chance to get to know them each one-on-one. Gurl. (And now I need to listen to some Hall & Oates.)

Carolyn is arrogant, fake, baggage-laden, and just not all that in the face department. If Kurt chooses her, he gets what he deserves.

I honestly can't tell who Steven is preferring at this moment. And I can't figure out the mysterious allure of Calah. Her face is weirdly proportioned with the inflated lips and severe eyebrows. She doesn't seem to be particularly engaged in conversations with either guy. As a straight female, maybe there's something I'm missing?

I hope next week's episode brings the entertainment! 

• Love 5

I liked Suzan and wanted Carolyn to go. I like Kurt, and I agree with Steven that Carolyn isn't good for Kurt.

The whole gold coin thing is awkward - especially because it would have made more sense to use it on Steven given the Kurt/Carolyn thing - although at least she didn't crash someone else's date!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Dewey Decimate said:

I hope next week's episode brings the entertainment! 

I thought this week was supposed to be the parent meeting to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Carolyn is arrogant, fake, baggage-laden, and just not all that in the face department. If Kurt chooses her, he gets what he deserves.

She's not... an uggo. Of the women in this episode, I'd put Suzan as the least in looks. But I agree that Carolyn isn't that much higher on the scale of pretty than and I'd call Breana? and the black woman as the prettiest left. But thats my opinion obviously. I very much agree if Kurt chooses her, he gets what he deserves because she's really not hiding the red flags. I think she's basically ruined the premise of the show at this point - its pretty obvious Kurt is pretty well stuck on her. 

They're also pushing the "Stephen is a red neck hillbilly only really comfortable on an episode of Hee Haw" stuff a bit too hard for my taste. 

1 minute ago, secnarf said:

The whole gold coin thing is awkward - especially because it would have made more sense to use it on Steven given the Kurt/Carolyn thing - although at least she didn't crash someone else's date!

While I was disappointed that Caroline wasn't crossed by anyone and got to have her full date without interruption due to the gold coin. THAT would have been revealing to Kurt, I think. 

3 minutes ago, secnarf said:

I like Kurt, and I agree with Steven that Carolyn isn't good for Kurt.

I don't like Kurt, I sense a really condescending asshole under his polite exterior, but I agree that Carolyn isn't good for him. I'd go a step further and say she's either all about the money, or all about "winning" Fox's cut rate version of the Bachelor. 

• Love 6

I continue to really enjoy this show.  I liked that the other women were helping Whitney and her stealth date.  During this episode there was something off-putting about Kurt (maybe his running towards red-flag Carolyn ignoring those evident red flags...).  I just don't get what it is about Carolyn that he finds so alluring (shrug).  And I so agree with an above poster that they had sex in the limo (poor driver).  I do like the friendship between Kurt and Stephen and I do believe that Stephen is sincere in trying to warn Kurt about Carolyn, but one can only say so much.  

Although he is attracted to Breanna, I think Stephen is close to letting her go because it would be a lifetime of work to deal with her insecurities.  I would like to see more of Amber because they have kept her a bit in the background; her conversation with Stephen was sincere and deep so who knows?

• Love 5

I too thought it was sweet the women were so into helping Whitney with her stealth date, though part of me was hoping she’d crash Carolyn’s date, if only to see Carolyn’s reaction. Now that we don’t have Rachel crying in the curtains every episode, I need a little something to keep me entertained. 

Speaking of Carolyn, jeez is she good at dodging questions and giving non-answer answers. I wasn’t following Kurt when he said every time he’d bring up something serious, she’d counter with it’d be ok. To me, every time he brought up something serious, she’d blow it off and question if he wanted something real. 

General peeve : one of these women thinks the words when and whenever are interchangeable and at least once an episode, I hear the wrong word being used and it’s so grating on my ears. I’m not sure if she thinks it makes her sound smarter, but someone needs to tell her to stop. 

• Love 3

I am watching the show now, so it's not over yet, but why does Steven like Breana? She is so mopey and insecure. I would have thought that he would have picked her for the big date if he truly wanted to spend time with her. I am sick of Carolyn and her entitled attitude. It is VERY important for Kurt to decide if he wants a future that will be more complicated simply because she does have an ex- and a child. And she shuts him down every time he tries to bring it up. I hope he sees that it will be difficult to ever let Kurt drive a conversation and she is very good at that manipulation and he is pretty weak.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I just want to shake Kurt.  He has this very strong attachment to Carolyn.  We have all known a friend that was deeply attracted to someone that was bad news.  They will even admit it.  But they can't let go.  Steven tries to point it out to him.  Kurt mumbles that he understands.  But yet he keeps her around and takes her on dates.  He always seems so much happier with the other ladies.  Carolyn has him tied in knots.  I keep hoping that Kurt will wise up and drop her.  But it doesn't seem to be happening.  Meanwhile I have no idea who Steven's frontrunner is.    

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

I honestly can't tell who Steven is preferring at this moment. And I can't figure out the mysterious allure of Calah. Her face is weirdly proportioned with the inflated lips and severe eyebrows. She doesn't seem to be particularly engaged in conversations with either guy. As a straight female, maybe there's something I'm missing?

Tell me about it!  They go crazy for her because she plays hard to get !  It's so stupid!

Kurt looks at ANYBODY with a lip job, ANYBODY and tells them they're beautiful!  What is this world?!

7 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I am watching the show now, so it's not over yet, but why does Steven like Breana? She is so mopey and insecure. I would have thought that he would have picked her for the big date if he truly wanted to spend time with her. I am sick of Carolyn and her entitled attitude. It is VERY important for Kurt to decide if he wants a future that will be more complicated simply because she does have an ex- and a child. And she shuts him down every time he tries to bring it up. I hope he sees that it will be difficult to ever let Kurt drive a conversation and she is very good at that manipulation and he is pretty weak.

I think that Kurt and Carolyn are both awful but what is Carolyn supposed to say?  She has an ex, it's done, deal with it or don't.  How is she supposed to make him feel better about it?  Are all women supposed to be virgins by the time they're presented to Prince Kurt of the United States?  Who cares?  He just keeps bringing it up. - to what?  For what purpose?  For Carolyn to say what?

On the other hand, it's weird that Carolyn keeps dodging the question.  She could have said "I have no feelings for my ex and we are never ever ever getting back together".  She refuses to say that, so yeah, Kurt has a right to be worried.  So run away then!  Don't keep asking her the same question that she refuses to answer!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Dewey Decimate said:

And I can't figure out the mysterious allure of Calah..... She doesn't seem to be particularly engaged in conversations with either guy.

Maybe her family is worth more than both Joes combined and she's just going through the motions because she's not impressed with either guy, although why she'd bother hanging around this long is a mystery.

I don't know what I'd enjoy more....Carolyn being sent home early, or Carolyn's face after she "wins" Kurt and then finds out Steven is the rich one.  I guess I'll be entertained either way.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 2/11/2022 at 8:10 AM, Retired at last said:

Carolyn said something to Kurt to the effect that a relationship with her would be "scary".  WTH, and why would anyone go into that willingly? Has Carolyn ever said what kind of a relationship she has with her ex as far as co-parenting goes? Many people have very contentious relationships with their exes, Carolyn doesn't strike me as someone who would be easy to co-parent with, considering how controlling she has been with Kurt from the start. 

I was waiting to see Carolyn's reaction to finding out that Kurt had a date with Whitney right after their fairly tale date, complete with appeared to likely be a happy ending in the limo. Now Kurt had no choice but to go on the date with Whitney, but he did have a choice as to whether to make out with her right after leaving the woman he professes to be falling in love with. I know the others were trying to keep it from her, but I can't imagine it wasn't brought up at some point the next day? I only heard it referred to when Steven told Whitney at the elimination that he wished she had split the time between he and Kurt. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 1

yeah i feel like this episode missed soooo much opportunity for entertaining drama. like i was hoping kurt wouldn't choose carolyn for the date because it would be hilarious to see her reaction after assuming she would be chosen and rubbing it in everyone's face, then i was hoping whitney would crash carolyn's date because that would have been the highlight of this episode but also i agree she should have picked steven instead, then they showed zero footage related to carolyn finding out kurt made out with whitney right after carolyn's date. i wish we could see the tables turn and see kurt finally stand up to carolyn, she needs to be humbled

On 2/11/2022 at 6:50 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Tell me about it!  They go crazy for her because she plays hard to get !  It's so stupid!

Kurt looks at ANYBODY with a lip job, ANYBODY and tells them they're beautiful!  What is this world?!

I think that Kurt and Carolyn are both awful but what is Carolyn supposed to say?  She has an ex, it's done, deal with it or don't.  How is she supposed to make him feel better about it?  Are all women supposed to be virgins by the time they're presented to Prince Kurt of the United States?  Who cares?  He just keeps bringing it up. - to what?  For what purpose?  For Carolyn to say what?

On the other hand, it's weird that Carolyn keeps dodging the question.  She could have said "I have no feelings for my ex and we are never ever ever getting back together".  She refuses to say that, so yeah, Kurt has a right to be worried.  So run away then!  Don't keep asking her the same question that she refuses to answer!

When you are dealing with a co-parent, there can be logistical issues. For instance, if they share physical custody, can Carolyn move away from where she lives now? That’s a pretty big issue for people meeting on a tv show and not already located in the same place.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 2/11/2022 at 10:10 AM, Retired at last said:

I hope he sees that it will be difficult to ever let Kurt drive a conversation and she is very good at that manipulation and he is pretty weak.

Yes!  She is so manipulative and I hate how he just crumbles under it.  He expresses any kind of concern about her and she immediately dismisses it and tells him if he is feeling like that than she's not sure she wants to be with him.  Then he grovels and back tracks.  How twisted is that?  

• Love 4

I don't get the women who are still trying to pursue Kurt. His entire focus and attention is on Carolyn. Has been since the beginning. Maybe they're not attracted to Steven but it looks really pathetic when they are not giving Steven a chance and chasing after a guy who's never gonna be into them.

I think the Kurt being into Amanda was a lie too. I think producers said he had to pretend to be in it with some of the other girls since they had a show to film and since he liked her personality the best , he stuck with her as being the other "contender." Because now suddenly he hardly even cared that she said she was gonna go home and it's like she didn't even exist this episode. 

• Love 1

He said in the first episode he falls fast and hard and that has been so clear.   They hadn’t even exchanged words when he decided Carolyn was the one for him.   Now he is to blinded to realize or care that he really doesn’t know anything about her except the kid and that she is in total control of him. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

He said in the first episode he falls fast and hard and that has been so clear.   They hadn’t even exchanged words when he decided Carolyn was the one for him.   Now he is to blinded to realize or care that he really doesn’t know anything about her except the kid and that she is in total control of him. 

He'll pick her in the end but I don't think they'll last more than a couple of weeks outside of the show.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

He'll pick her in the end but I don't think they'll last more than a couple of weeks outside of the show.

I'd feel worse for him if he wasn't participating in an amusing yet really misogynistic competition where he's choosing and judging women based on how they please him. 

I'm still struck by how he and Steven dismissed the girl who dared express interest in another man as though she was some sort of cheating whore for noticing a cute guy while he also insists Carolyn is the one but that he must date the other girls "because she asked him to". No, honeybunch, if you're that certain Carolyn is the one, you don't HAVE to smooch the other ladies and all around act extremely into them. 

I know its a show and not real and that this is all a storyline, but I hate how some reality shows act like basic decency goes out the window because "its a competition".

• Love 1