Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 2/7/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Feb. 7 –  Dr. Ashish Jha; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Feb. 8 – Alyssa Farah guest co-hosts; Wendi McLendon-Covey (“The Goldbergs”)

Wednesday, Feb. 9 – Alyssa Farah guest co-hosts; Jennifer Lopez (“Marry Me”)

Thursday, Feb. 10 – Alyssa Farah guest co-hosts

Friday, Feb. 11 –  Super Bowl snacks with Chef Michael Symon

• Love 1
On 2/4/2022 at 3:44 PM, Haleth said:

Lol. I thought Dr Jha was going to present hot affordable items.

I hope Alyssa Farah’s return isn’t a sign she’s still being considered. 

ditto that. *shudder*

• Love 3

This revolving door of candidates is probably a red herring.  I don't recall Meghan appearing on The View until she was named as the new co-host.  I know she was with FOX at the time but they didn't even bother to do an on-air  chemistry test before she was hired and if I recall correctly, they dragged out the "search' for awhile.  Think Mike Richards on Jeopardy.  Yes, he appeared in the auditions but he had already selected himself long before the guest hosts were named.

They could have someone in mind who we wont see until they're introduced as the new co-host but they're bringing on these women in order to stir up interest.  I don't care for the uncertainty.  I like a settled group then on with the show!  

Of course with Whoopi pushing her wise old sage act one time too many, she could be gone for good and that throws everything up in the air (unless her ouster was planned all along.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but when Meghan was hired they weren't looking for a new cohost were they?  She was replacing Jed who had no idea she was being replaced.

Yes, but I believe they had guest co-hosts who appeared to be auditioning when in reality, behind the scenes they had hired Meghan.  Jed left September 18, 2017 and Meghan started on October 9.  You're right but I could have sworn they dragged it out and they made it seem like the guest co-hosts had a shot at the position.

Oh, and apologies to the forum for mentioning HER name, lol.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but when Meghan was hired they weren't looking for a new cohost were they?  She was replacing Jed who had no idea she was being replaced.

Yeah, there were no auditions. There wasn't even an open seat. Jedi had just signed a new contract, a month later, boom she was gone. A little over a week after, McCain was in that seat. She was never tested and I don't think they plan to make that mistake again.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Ellis Bell said:

This revolving door of candidates is probably a red herring.  I don't recall Meghan appearing on The View until she was named as the new co-host.  I know she was with FOX at the time but they didn't even bother to do an on-air  chemistry test before she was hired and if I recall correctly, they dragged out the "search' for awhile.  Think Mike Richards on Jeopardy.  Yes, he appeared in the auditions but he had already selected himself long before the guest hosts were named.

They could have someone in mind who we wont see until they're introduced as the new co-host but they're bringing on these women in order to stir up interest.  I don't care for the uncertainty.  I like a settled group then on with the show!  

Of course with Whoopi pushing her wise old sage act one time too many, she could be gone for good and that throws everything up in the air (unless her ouster was planned all along.)

Unfortunately it's not a sitch that happens here only.  Its everywhere.  Most companies across the country.  They see someone they like and want, and just have a few obligatory interviews and that's that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yeah, there were no auditions. There wasn't even an open seat. Jedi had just signed a new contract, a month later, boom she was gone. A little over a week after, McCain was in that seat. She was never tested and I don't think they plan to make that mistake again.

Wasn't that a little* behind-the-scenes activity created by John McCain and Whoopi ... to prove their power? Meghan thanked Whoopi several times for bringing her to the show.  And then...and then...   Do not cross Whoopi...or do anything she perceives as a "cross" or disrespect.

*Ha Ha HA

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, deirdra said:

4 people at the table instead of 5 usually makes for better discussions and there is more time for guests to speak.

That was the original set up.  Meredith, Barbara, Star and Debbie on the panel.  Joy would fill in for Barbara two or three days a week.  They should've stuck with that format.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Oh, good lord, Sunny, give it a rest. Diana was the one who was forced to be between Charles and Camilla. 

Charles was not man enough to stand up to his family and choose the woman he really wanted. 

• Love 7

While I'm sure Sunny feels Camilla done Diana wrong as the "mistress" (RME, because Charles was in it up to his, um, eyebrows too), I sincerely hope her over the top reaction was just for show.  Otherwise, I agree with y'all upthread; give it a rest already!!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, jalady said:

While I'm sure Sunny feels Camilla done Diana wrong as the "mistress" (RME, because Charles was in it up to his, um, eyebrows too), I sincerely hope her over the top reaction was just for show.  Otherwise, I agree with y'all upthread; give it a rest already!!

I haven't seen the show yet.  Is Sunny blaming Camilla more than Charles?

• Love 1

Fun show today. The royals talk was hilarious. As for the earlier topics, I agreed with Ana--I think she's the one that said it--that Mike Pence has little future in politics at this point, it being unlikely that even Trump would pick him as VP if he ran again, so there's little cost for him to make this statement. But I do think Joy and Sara are right that it's still valuable that he did.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I haven't seen the show yet.  Is Sunny blaming Camilla more than Charles?

Of course she is 🙄.  She didn’t mention him at all.  It’s like Camilla forced him into an affair against his will.  Clearly it wasn’t a good situation, to put it mildly, but there’s plenty of “accountability” (to use Sunny’s favorite word, lol) to go around.

• Love 2

I've been noticing how Sara is always the last one to talk on a topic, so today I focused on it.

For the Mike Pence,  Stacy Abrams mask, Camilla, and cake topics-Joy, Sunny, Ana talk then Sara says something at the end. They were all asking questions during the Covid topic, so I didn't include that.

Is Sunny now doing all the View Your Deals? I don't watch them much, but Sara would always do them when I did watch.

Sara appears to be a tennis match between Joy and Sunny/Ana. She seems so lost at times.

Edited by Rightside
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Charles was not man enough to stand up to his family and choose the woman he really wanted. 

She was married but the sentiment isn't wrong.

42 minutes ago, jalady said:

Of course she is 🙄.  She didn’t mention him at all.  It’s like Camilla forced him into an affair against his will.  Clearly it wasn’t a good situation, to put it mildly, but there’s plenty of “accountability” (to use Sunny’s favorite word, lol) to go around.

Sunny is so far up her own ass and self righteous that if Manny was screwing someone else she would blame the other woman for him dipping his wick somehow.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, jalady said:

This isn't the first time she has felt this way about a man cheating on his wife.  I guess to her men have no free will and are just overcome by temptresses.  And let's not forget Diana had her own affairs during the marriage.

3 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Sunny is so far up her own ass and self righteous that if Manny was screwing someone else she would blame the other woman for him dipping his wick somehow.

I think some women find it easier to blame the other woman than their husband. That if the husband is to blame then that means he wanted to cheat on the wife but if he was seduced then it he didn't really want to cheat.  It's bullshit of course.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

She would also forgive him without question, since she does not believe in divorce she has said this many times over the years. To each his own, I would never say that in public on national television even if I believed that. I love Sunny but this is where she and I diverge..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

She would also forgive him without question, since she does not believe in divorce she has said this many times over the years. To each his own, I would never say that in public even if I believed that. I love Sunny but this is where she and I diverge..

Ditto. I believe in divorce, especially if my husband cheated on me, but there's no way I'd admit to sticking it out no matter what on national television even if that's how I rolled. Let my husband think he cheats, we're over. 

15 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

This isn't the first time she has felt this way about a man cheating on his wife.  I guess to her men have no free will and are just overcome by temptresses.  And let's not forget Diana had her own affairs during the marriage.

I think some women find it easier to blame the other woman than their husband. That if the husband is to blame then that means he wanted to cheat on the wife but if he was seduced then it he didn't really want to cheat.  It's bullshit of course.

It's so silly. Women are not these evil temptresses men have no way of resisting. 

• Love 3

RE: Camilla

For some reason Sunny seems to blame Camilla more than Charles for their affair. If Charles really didn't want to cheat, or more particularly didn't want to cheat with Camilla, he had all the means to avoid it, which he didn't do. As far as choosing Diana as a wife, I think that the Royal Family had two love-related issues in the relatively recent history (Edward VIII and Margaret's affair with the divorced soldier) and wanted to avoid another potential scandal. Unfortunately, times were changing and having a discreet affair wasn't going to fly under the radar. Now, I suspect the Queen has had a long time to put everything in perspective and wants to try to avoid future issues by making her wishes known now. So good for her. Charles was a jerk to marry someone without sincere intention to be faithful and he's made many mistakes in his personal life, so it is not fair to put ALL the blame on Camilla. 

Edited by KittyQ
Corrected the King’s numeral
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Camilla got married to Mr. Parker Bowles because she couldn't marry Charles, who she'd already slept with at ~18. Non-virgins weren't allowed to marry the future king back then. But they never stopped seeing each other.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I'm not defending Charles and Camilla but as far as we know Charles only cheated with Camilla.  And ultimately married her.  He loved her and unfortunately didn't love Diana.  I blame the antiquated rules they had in place and Charles for not bucking tradition.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

8 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Camilla got married to Mr. Parker Bowles because she couldn't marry Charles, who she'd already slept with at ~18. Non-virgins weren't allowed to marry the future king back then. But they never stopped seeing each other.

That's right, Deirdra. The British Royal Family had Diana's virginity medically "confirmed," prior to her marriage to Charles (i.e. a doctor inspected her to ensure her hymen was intact). They dropped that practice, by the time William married Kate.

Edited by General Days
format
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

In all my reading about the situation years ago, Mr. Parker Bowles was quite a catch and Camilla was the one that got him to the altar.  He apparently wasn't anymore faithful during marriage than most well known Lotharios.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

I'm not defending Charles and Camilla but as far as we know Charles only cheated with Camilla.  And ultimately married her.  He loved her and unfortunately didn't love Diana.  I blame the antiquated rules they had in place and Charles for not bucking tradition.  

I agree.  And I think bucking the rules would have been an impossibility for him given that he was raised from toddler years to be the next monarch and all that that entails…the duty, service, etc.  Because times were changing (free love eras, etc) he had to look younger for a “pure” woman.  And there were stories that Diana also had her eye on Charles and not his younger, more peer leak, brothers.  She wanted to be Princess of wales.  They were just both ill equipped for this marriage where she had that teenage concept of love and he didn’t.  The whole thing was a mess.  I think they both tried though in the beginning but she was still immature and I don’t think he had any idea of how to cope with that. Not to mention he’s been denied marriage with the person he loved.  There was plenty of fault all around, including the outdated ideas of the royal family at the time.  It’s been many years since Camilla and Charles married and, from all reports, she has dedicated herself to public service (I think she does plenty of engagements and patronages) and making him happy.  The Queen, I’ve read, appreciates both of those things and has rewarded her for them. Camilla has earned her position.  Sunny is being ridiculous here.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Rightside said:

Is Sunny now doing all the View Your Deals? I don't watch them much, but Sara would always do them when I did watch.

yeah, she seems to be doing that most of the time and i find her a little too overboard on her enthusiasm, not too sincere, in my opinion

sara was better suited for it

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

So odd to me that anyone would want to have an affair with Prince Charles of all people.   Ewwww.

True, but early on he was quite the catch, if only for the royal connection. Certainly he was no virgin at marriage; he dallied with a few married women aside from Camilla before he married Diana.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sunny has no room to be judgy. 

Sunny will always MAKE room to be judgy.  It's her stock in trade.  I hope her children have been humiliated enough by her attitude(s), that they grow into BETTER people for it.

12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Women are not these evil temptresses men have no way of resisting. 

I think Sunny believes they ARE ... and that leads me to think SHE believes she is too!  That's why her husband can never leave...she's his temptress AND...she's evil!  Beware...be VERY ware.

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I think Sunny believes they ARE ... and that leads me to think SHE believes she is too!  That's why her husband can never leave...she's his temptress AND...she's evil!  Beware...be VERY ware.

I literally lol I don't know about all that. Sunny comes across as a bit of little miss perfect, not evil temptress to me. That said, I tend to agree that women who put down women a lot tend to have the very negative traits they say they detest in women. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

💯. Sunny would absolutely put all the blame on the other woman. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Haleth said:

I think if William and Harry don’t have a problem with Camilla (they seem to like her) then Sunny has no room to be judgy. 

I agree.  Sunny has this mindset that any woman who sleeps with a married man is the person at fault.  She didn't blame Charles who is the one who broke his vows to Diana.  And neglected to mention Diana also broke her vows to Charles.  Nobody knows what goes on in someone's marriage.  Sunny seems to have a happy marriage and good for her but her sitting in judgement of what other people do in their marriages is not a good look.  

5 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

💯. Sunny would absolutely put all the blame on the other woman. 

The cake being thrown in the garbage tells us a lot about how Sunny reacts to her husband and other women.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Veiled criticism- “more Covid deaths under Biden than trump but I don’t blame Biden.”  Then why word it that way?  That is exactly what she meant.  Ugh. I can’t stand Alyssa Farah. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12