Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Star-Spangled Drama

• Start Topic

It’s the 4th of July and the housemates throw their annual bash. After a big disagreement, Amanda focuses on having fun while Kyle struggles to get in the mood to party. Danielle is excited to see Robert but can’t seem to get his mind away from work. Sparks begin to fly between Ciara and Carl, while Andrea finds some alone time with Paige and finally confronts her about Craig.

Original air date 2022.01.24

Alex is so annoying. He’s just so impressed with himself. We get it you love your muscles. Does he have any sort of personality?

Andrea continues to be kind of cute.

Amanda just call it off if you are so unhappy. The passive aggressive shit is just annoying. Kyle isn’t changing. Accept it or leave. Stop complaining. Amanda seemed to not want to maybe have certain convos on camera.

Why did Amanda and Kyle get married again? It’s like they were playing chicken and neither wanted to actually call it off.

Paige and Ciara meh.

Carl and Ciara meh.

Wtf that girl really didn’t need to kick Andrea like damn. Was he really that upset tho?

Danielle seemed like she was being a bit ridiculous with Robert.

I think Paige just really likes playing guys.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 6

The Danielle/Robert argument felt so staged & rehearsed, is she angling for camera time?

It's fun watching Paige play the guys. Nice for change to not see tears & drama. Unlike Kyle & Amanda, who seriously need to put down the alcohol and have a serious discussion, ideally in a counselors office. 

I was shocked that the woman kicked Andrea and that production didn't immediately intervene and throw her out. 

The new girl Mya seems cool. Interesting reveal on the ex-fiance.

Alex is wasted space, is he related to someone in casting?

• Love 9

I have to give Paige credit when she told the girls to leave, sorry but if someone wailed on a boyfriend or friend of mine like that, it probably would have been much worse then just being asked to leave. I get the girl was upset about being thrown in the pool, she should have handled it better then punching him and trying to stab his hands with her heels. 

• Love 7

My primary annoyance with this episode was that Robert prepared delicious food for the party and people only seemed to be eating the hot dogs 😳 And I love hot dogs. I can't believe the presence of lobsters and corn at a Hamptons bash didn't automatically conjure Ramona Singer to dance awkwardly and try to stuff it all into her purse.

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

These people are so spoiled. First of all, how long will it be before Amanda & Kyle finally end this charade & divorce. They clearly don’t even like each other. Is it must for Bravo money ? Paige was smart to keep dating more than one guy - good for her. But honestly, Andrea crying because that girl punched him - really? It is not acceptable to be pushing someone you barely know into the pool, phone, heels, make up & all. He deserved to get punched so stop being a crybaby. Why Danielle chose to pick a fight with her boyfriend the one weekend he can come up was stupid but probably just trying to makes herself relevant. Alex is pure peacock and it probably will surprise him how few people are interested in that kind of energy. Love Carl and I’m glad Ciera and he did not continue - she’s a little too unready for a serious relationship. He and Lindsay - I’m not sure…

• Love 1

I agree with all of the above but the girl Andrea pushed into the pool was the girl in the red bathing suit. She wasn’t wearing shoes or a coverup when he pushed her but the problem was that he didn’t see that she had her phone in her hand. The girl in the pink bathing suit with the pink shoes and pink purse was the one who physically assaulted him. She slapped him, tried to stomp on his hands and kicked him in the face with her plastic looking shoes. I would have had her arrested.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Marley said:

Alex is so annoying. He’s just so impressed with himself. We get it you love your muscles. Does he have any sort of personality?

They're inside of his muscles.  You have to talk to them directly... and find that he's still boring.

Why did Amanda and Kyle get married again? It’s like they were playing chicken and neither wanted to actually call it off.

It's like that episode of Arrested Development where Gob got married to a woman he had just met and when Michael was shocked about it, Gob says "She's one of those girls who just dares you to do things."

Michael: You married her??!!!

Gob: I needed a dare!!!

I think Paige just really likes playing guys.

Again, it's the insecurity.  She likes to know that she can.

4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

My primary annoyance with this episode was that Robert prepared delicious food for the party and people only seemed to be eating the hot dogs 😳 And I love hot dogs. I can't believe the presence of lobsters and corn at a Hamptons bash didn't automatically conjure Ramona Singer to dance awkwardly and try to stuff it all into her purse.

I wished so much that I could reach into the screen and grab all of the food he'd made!

4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Also I liked Andrea grimacing at the smell of jarred sauce (even though I myself use jarred sauce) 😄

Yesterday, I saw a video of an Italian grandma who was given a box of heat-and-eat pizza and told her graddaughter to Get Lost, and when presented with a pizza with pineapples, and she yelled "This is garbage! What bullshit!!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I don't think hot Italian model Andrea is so in to Paige. He's doing that for the show storyline only. I could never really warm up to Paige. I think she's selfish, shallow and spoiled. I hope she doesn't hurt Craig because I like him. 

Sober Carl is still a doofus. A super tall six foot five big eared doofus. I don't get why the girls were going on about how hot he is. 

Kyle and Amanda will divorce. They are the type of couple that will drag the miserable relationship on and on for years, though. I just wonder if they will have a kid before they finally split. The bottom line is if Kyle has a drinking problem to the point of his relationship suffering then isn't it time to seek some help? Has his best friend Carl talked to him about it? 

Tank top muscle guy. Ewwwww. Where the heck did they dig him up from? 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't think hot Italian model Andrea is so in to Paige. He's doing that for the show storyline only. I could never really warm up to Paige. I think she's selfish, shallow and spoiled. I hope she doesn't hurt Craig because I like him. 

Sober Carl is still a doofus. A super tall six foot five big eared doofus. I don't get why the girls were going on about how hot he is. 

Kyle and Amanda will divorce. They are the type of couple that will drag the miserable relationship on and on for years, though. I just wonder if they will have a kid before they finally split. The bottom line is if Kyle has a drinking problem to the point of his relationship suffering then isn't it time to seek some help? Has his best friend Carl talked to him about it? 

Tank top muscle guy. Ewwwww. Where the heck did they dig him up from? 

^^^ Everything you said ^^^^

Paige is a lot like Charlotte from SATC.  Wanting that eternally devoted and loving husband, but doing absolutely nothing to achieve that.

I see that everyday is upper body day for Alex.  Those men who have massive upper bodies and skinny, stick-thin legs.  Like everyone is saying, yeah dude, we know you have muscles, but unless you offer something else, you'll always be boring.  Like Emily Ratajkowski.

It was nice of Danielle to go after Kyle and talk to him.  Ramming that chair into Amanda and not feeling bad about it was really shitty.  It's not a small thing.

• Love 5

Amanda is annoying as fuck… yes Kyle is a child in a man’s body but if I had to live with that bitchfest I’d be the same way… all she does is complain and bitch and when she gets drunk is an asshole … she thinks everything revolves around her sorry ass.. I’d run Kyle … she’s gonna suck the life out of you 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, FrankieTankie said:

Amanda is annoying as fuck… yes Kyle is a child in a man’s body but if I had to live with that bitchfest I’d be the same way… all she does is complain and bitch and when she gets drunk is an asshole … she thinks everything revolves around her sorry ass.. I’d run Kyle … she’s gonna suck the life out of you 

Agreed. Kyle should chill on drinking  and is a man-child but Amanda is so passive aggressive and is always waiting to get mad at Kyle or start crying and complaining. When he ran the chair into her foot he didn’t mean to but she of course has to make a scene and crank out then storm off. He was trying to engage at the 4th of July party but she would just continue on her bitchy passive aggressive way refusing to talk to him. She just wanted to get wasted and have all eyes on her. She does not seem fun at all. She’s just one of those ppl who will just continue to complain but not actually break up with him.

I’m really glad Hannah isn’t on this season. Kind of wouldn’t mind seeing Luke.

• Love 3

Because of the opposite seasons we have in Australia, I actually get to watch Summer House during the Australian summer.  This episode I'm watching on a public holiday too, which is Australia Day (it's become controversial recently, but I won't talk politics), while they're celebrating July 4th.  A lot of Aussies will be spending today like the people in Summer House - pool parties, going to beaches, having BBQs, etc.

I have always wanted to have a seafood boil, but have never been able to find the proper spices to cook it with.  I wish I could find something like that here, which is ironic, since I live on a gigantic island surrounded by oceans (plural)!

I love bacon and pepperoni, but because I grew up with a lot of Jewish friends and my parents didn't really eat cured meat, I didn't have much of it until I was a lot older.  Whenever I hear 'Bacon', I'm like, yes please!!  So all of that breakfast food talk was making me drool.

When I heard Ciara say that she doesn't know if she's going to stay with nursing, it reminded me of so many stories I have read about the nurses in America and how difficult it is for them to do their job, especially if you work in a hospital.  I feel bad for them and I hope that Ciara does stick with it, but maybe in a different setting.  

Was Alex meant to be the new Jordan??

You're not supposed to date anyone for at least 12 months, Carl.  Ciara is not for you.

Oh, and btw, that bitch in the pink bikini was completely out of line.  Yes, it was childish of Andrea to push her friend into the pool, but you violently assaulted him (yes, she did) and made him bleed. I hate that shit.  It's not about 'not being man enough' or any of that bs.  You don't think that Andrea has enough physical strength to fight back a woman who's a lot smaller than him?  Of course he does, but she's lucky that he didn't.  Men are told not to hit back because they tend to be a lot stronger and bigger than women, but don't let that be a reason to hit men because some do and WILL hit you back.  

• Love 7

There seemed to be people being pushed in the pool off and on throughout this drunk fest.  As a pool party pusher and pushee your only guarantee for this not to happen is to be in the pool or stay away from the pool.

And one of my least favorite party guest was the one who loved to push people in the pool but lost their mind if they got pushed in.

Hated that guy/girl.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Marley said:

He was trying to engage at the 4th of July party but she would just continue on her bitchy passive aggressive way refusing to talk to him.

The leis annoyed me. In that moment she should have just left them on but she had to be all passive aggressive like you said and take them off. That was one where she definitely could have let it go but she didn't. Ugh.

• Love 3

I think I’ve actually come to hate Amanda. Just loath her to the point where I can’t stand to hear her voice. Does she even want Kyle to stop drinking? Because I don’t think she does. I certainly don’t think she’d want to sit at home and have sober nights with him. I think she just want the right to get mad, do any insane shit she wants when acting out, and then blame the whole thing on Kyle drinking or cheating or mullet or whatever. I’m not saying Kyle hasn’t fucked up plenty, but…he’s fucked up plenty and she’s still pushing for this wedding. Get out or don’t but shut up. I just can’t take it anymore with her. 

• Love 13

I admit I'm team Amanda on this one, I think Kyle is a horrible, shitty person who treats her like garbage.  I can see complaints of her whining, but she deserves to whine - he's a drunken POS.

I'm not really on team Andrea.  He pushed someone in the pool ha ha ho ho hee hee, well, no, that sucks.  However, it doesn't merit a kick in the face.  But that's what happens with open casting calls for party attendees, people.

Ciara looked, um, pretty great.  

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 1
On 1/26/2022 at 9:28 AM, bichonblitz said:

I would much rather see Luke than new muscle guy.

Meteor

However, new muscle guy is WAY more boring than I was hoping for.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 2
46 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Meteor

However, new muscle guy is WAY more boring than I was hoping for.

Why does he eat so much food?  2lbs of turkey??  Don't they make protein shakes?  And I mean good, nutritional shakes instead of just chemicals.  I know a few vegans who drink those types of shakes to get the nutrition without eating all that meat.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Why does he eat so much food?  2lbs of turkey??  Don't they make protein shakes?  And I mean good, nutritional shakes instead of just chemicals.  I know a few vegans who drink those types of shakes to get the nutrition without eating all that meat.

It's like the time period before Peloton when CrossFit was the rage and humblebragging was really taking off. 

If you ate 2 pounds of turkey for breakfast and didn't socialize it in some form, did you really eat 2 pounds of turkey for breakfast? 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1