Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E04: Ready to Restart the Race LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Host Phil Keoghan gathers the teams in Switzerland to restart the Race nearly 20 months after it was suspended for the pandemic, making in the longest pit stop in the show’s history.

Original air date 1/19/22

This is your LIVE CHAT thread 

I would have liked to hear why the four teams couldn't return, but the only one I really cared about was Spencer and Anthony. And maybe Taylor and Isaiah.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
Just now, iMonrey said:

I would have liked to hear why the four teams couldn't return, but the only one I really cared about was Spencer and Anthony.

From what I've read in other articles...  Caro & Ray broke up (shocker!). team that adopted the football player (I am so blanking on their names) - wife was very pregnant.  Married guys - death in immediate family right about the time they were going to restart the race.  Spencer & Anthony - one of the two had an injury, no other info than that.

• Useful 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I am glad they brought back the first teams out. They were already emotionally connected to the race and it was early enough in the race that it feels fine. They are still 2 teams short but I am happy they didn’t bring back fan favorites from past races or something like that. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, chaifan said:

From what I've read in other articles...  team that adopted the football player (I am so blanking on their names) - wife was very pregnant. 

Seven months, right? That means she waited a year. I’m sure TAR kept in touch with all teams. I just find it funny nineteen minus seven equals twelve.

Please tell me they gotta carry cheese down the mountain . . .

• Love 1

There's a spot in the world where you can stand and see six countries?  See, this is the kind of thing I love about TAR.  Even when they have to modify the game, they find a way to show the most incredible places all around the world.

• Love 15

They should have had those buses leaving at 5-10 minute intervals, otherwise, this is mostly a first in/first out type of task.  If anyone panics on that route and freezes, they're going to hold up everyone behind them.  No opportunity to switch up the order.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

One guy isn't wearing a mask.

Masking wasn't required outdoors, and also not required in most indoor spaces since they were all vaccinated.  Different rules at that time.

• Love 2
Just now, iMonrey said:

This doesn't seem particularly challenging. Just following a path to a clue box. I mean, there is some physicality, but can anyone pass anyone else?

I was thinking it’d be something seen on Survivor . . . only more terrifying, and no Jeff Probst beating off on the side.

• LOL 4

Shut up Akbar! Sheri is doing the best she can.

I know!  What kind of a man asks once "are you sure?" and let's his wife go even though he knows how she's struggling with the height.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ali59 said:

I know!  What kind of a man asks once "are you sure?" and let's his wife go even though he knows how she's struggling with the height.

Plus her competitors are more encouraging and supportive than her husband.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I would truly struggle, and probably have a death grip on the safety line the entire time.

I have a fear of falling to my death but do ok with heights if I feel like there is safety feature. I did ok with zip lining but I had a panic attack getting to Half Dome without any safety gear. The harness and the safety dude feels like it would be good for me. And the views are amazing. 

Proud of Sheri for keeping with it because that was hard for her. Great persistence.  

• Love 9

The good part is that once you've done it once, you know you can do it again.  Still terrifying, especially in the fog -- easy to take a wrong step -- but you know what to expect.  Still, between the height and the steps, I'd be done by the time I got back.

• Love 2

This was another of those Roadblocks that seems designed more for the audience than the racers. I guess there's always the chance that someone will freeze up in fear - who can forget the water slide couple? And if you're really not in great shape you might lag behind. But I can't see anyone just not able to complete it, at all.

3 minutes ago, ali59 said:

In fairness, the safety people said Akbar couldn’t do it because of his size, so she had to do it or they would have had to take some type of penalty. She knew it wasn’t her jam and he knew it wasn’t her jam. He is simply too competitive and focused on the need to win to focus on other rewards from competing, like persevering and doing something that petrifies you. And yes, it is ugly and a crappy approach to life. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ProfCrash said:

I did ok with zip lining

Oddly, I was fine with zip lining, but on the course I zipped, there was a very short, fairly low suspension bridge that I had trouble with.  The zip line people laughed at me, and I don't blame them!  That stupid bridge was maybe three feet off the ground, and I wasn't sure I'd be able to cross it.  I did in the end, of course, but it took a LOT.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

This is literally dangerous to Sheri.  

I’m sure she was safe. It would really suck to wait nineteen months to resume production, only to lose someone a few hours in. Gotta really make sure things are safe here.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
Just now, Lantern7 said:

I’m sure she was safe. It would really suck to wait nineteen months to resume production, only to lose someone a few hours in.

I just meant heart attack or passing out — with that thin air and her breathing, I was so worried for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

This would probably be terrifying to me.  When we hiked the Grand Canyon rim, I would put a hand up beside my face on the drop off side.  Everyone walking the opposolitevdirection would laugh.

why would you volunteer to do this if you’re so terrified!!! Maybe hubby thought he was being supportive by letting her do it, but he totally should have told her he would do it.

I might get frustrated with all the bunching, especially if it just becomes a restart with all team equal each leg/after a flight

eta: I didn’t hear them say he was too big.  My bad…you go Sheri!!! 

Edited by Riplet68
  • Love 1