Type keyword(s) to search

Loren & Alexei: After the 90 Days

• Start Topic

On 1/4/2023 at 8:34 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

It’d be interested in learning more about the languages.  I’ve watched several movies lately where Yiddish was spoken and wondered if any of them speak  it.

Not sure who "any of them" is/are...but Alex said that Loren will be taking Hebrew lessons.  Yiddish is discouraged, and Hebrew is the preferred language in Israel.

• Like 4

Hebrew is the OFFICIAL language of Israel.

Yiddish is not generally spoken other than in the super orthodox communities ( Hello Shtissel) or usually older immigrants from Europe. There's a lot of history with Yiddish, but I believe it is viewed as the language of the holocaust. 

Other than possibly in a Yeshiva, schooling is not done in Yiddish ( other than if someone is taking a language course) in Israel.  It;s Hebrew, English and Arabic.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

So Loren complains to the parents that Alex takes some time to go fishing and leaves her with the kids alone. WTF? Is the guy never allowed to leave the house without them? She should take a few hours to go to lunch or shopping with her girlfriends once in a while and have Alex watch the kids. It's no big deal, is it? It's not like the guy is taking weekends to go to Vegas or strip clubs or something. 

Her mistake is complaining about it to her parents. These are things parents never forget even if you do. Also, if you don't think your husband is taking enough of a role in being a father to the kids why do you continue to HAVE KIDS? 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Her mistake is complaining about it to her parents. These are things parents never forget even if you do.

Parents (mostly mothers) repeat these things to their "best friends," and that husband's reputation is NEVER golden again.  Most of us need to gripe occasionally, but we need make sure we COMPLIMENT more often when we have a good spouse (or children, or bosses, or friends--everything).

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Since they were together, even before they had kids, Loren always seemed disappointed by Alexei and he always seemed like Loren was on his last nerve.  I’ve never thought they were compatible.  I just don’t get it.  

And, Loren’s mom just seems bitter and confused. She thinks she is part of that marriage.  Lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2

I feel for Alexei’s family.  You just know they worried something like that would happen if he married Loren.  And those in-laws …….oh my.  If they had refused to drop by to say goodbye to me….I would have been relieved.  Lol. There’s no reason to be around people like that.  Mainly negative people.  I’ve seen a lot of them on the show, but I can’t recall if they were always so negative.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

Apparently, it's her first shower, because #1 was cancelled due to Covid and #2 was cancelled when baby came so early.  And since the kids are so close together, she's still using things like highchairs and strollers, so theoretically needs new ones.  But surely that's Loren and Alexei's job as parents to buy those things, not beg for them.  And throwing your own shower "Come shower me with gifts for my baby" is the ultimate in tacky.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
20 hours ago, Quof said:

But surely that's Loren and Alexei's job as parents to buy those things, not beg for them.  And throwing your own shower "Come shower me with gifts for my baby" is the ultimate in tacky.  

Showers are often for friends to see each other again...and gifts are secondary.  In this case, the gifts were THE BEST: I went to a wonderful shower for a "girl" I've known since she was born. Her family is wealthy; she married wealth.  It was a darling shower and a specific gift was mentioned in the invitation.  SHOES!  This mom is known for her great shoe collection and she was having a girl.  Just seeing all the fabulous/quirky/original shoes available for babies and toddlers was worth my trip to another city.Every mom deserves a shower. Loren deserves one because of the circumstances that caused her to miss having that type of event--third baby or not. Perhaps she needs a little party.  It might even be TLC's idea ... more to film.  I hope we get to see some of it.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
On 1/22/2023 at 8:03 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

And those in-laws …….oh my.

This sentence needs to be read every day!  Too bad THEY can't see it.  Let's hope it's a good lesson for Loren...how NOT to live and treat others.

I wonder if Loren's mother blames "editing" for how SHE is portraying herself on television.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

Those “parents” are horrid.  We saw how relentlessly rude they were to both Loren & Alexi in Israel. They did not let up, and now the mother expects an apology from THEM?  That’s real bullying. 
Both parent’s anger was so vicious, I cannot imagine how much L&A had to overlook the rudeness just to make it through the vacay.  Live and learn….never invite them on any vacations. I’m sure Loren has gotten used to getting help from them, and it’s got to be hard to not have it when she’s so pregnant. Nice time to cut her loose. 😞

So now both the mom (lowercase) and sister, who should be throwing the shower, RSVP’d “No”….no class at all.  Hope this propels Loren to move far away….any where really since they said anywhere that’s not their location in Florida, they will “not approve”.  Also, why are they so firm in believing their approval is needed?

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1

Loren's parents being so incredibly awful to Loren and Alexei is bringing about exactly the result they wanted to avoid. Why on earth would Loren and Alexei want to stay near them now? Or ever visit them?

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4

Ice Day, so I just caught up with this season. So you take a 10 day trip to Israel, and fight half the time? Should have been a rule, no discussion of any possible move until back in Florida.

I don't follow any of this group on social media, but would be shocked if Loren ever chose to leave Florida to move thousands of miles away. Just don't think she's got it in her. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BAForever said:

I don't follow any of this group on social media, but would be shocked if Loren ever chose to leave Florida to move thousands of miles away. Just don't think she's got it in her. 

Spoiler

They're still in Florida, so I suspect all this drama is production driven. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
20 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

It's pretty clear after watching this last episode that Loren and Alexi have no control over Shai. What a brat. Time to start disciplining. 

Oh, but he's SO CUTE! Model material! I thought it was great when he refused to cooperate at Loren's dream photo shoot after she bragged that his smile could "light up the room." I think he's "okay" looking, but certainly not anything special and I think children who model need to be pretty chill and cooperative. Photographers don’t need to handle a brat (or a Momager) when there are plenty of other aspiring child models out there ready to take their place.

Edited by magemaud
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

I must be in the minority but I actually like that spoiled Lauren isn’t getting her way. I remember back to when the show first started and she would treat her parents horribly. They still helped her anytime she needed it including with her kids. She needs to understand that her parents reaction is out of hurt and not anger even though that’s how it’s being expressed. I’m a grandparent and would be devastated if my husband and I were helping out and spending pretty consistent time with my grands and our daughter move them halfway across the world into a country that’s constantly at war. Hell even Lauren doesn’t want them to have dual citizenship because she doesn’t want them to be required to serve the required military time. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 1/31/2023 at 6:21 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Let’s hope it’s just the Terrible Twos and he hasn’t inherited his disposition from his maternal grandparents.

They're not having a "normal" baby/toddlerhood with cameras following them several months a year.  AND One More Mom who thinks her babies are THE MOST BEAUTIFUl...so let's force them into another difficult childhood occupation. Modeling.  We've seen those success stories.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
13 hours ago, IgnoranceisBLISS said:

into a country that’s constantly at war.

I think this is a tad bit of an overstatement.

10 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

They're not having a "normal" baby/toddlerhood with cameras following them several months a year.  AND One More Mom who thinks her babies are THE MOST BEAUTIFUl...so let's force them into another difficult childhood occupation. Modeling.  We've seen those success stories.

I don’t think Shai is even average looking so she has the mommy blinders on.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Boo Frickin' Hoo, Loren's mother and sister RSVP'd NO to her totally unnecessary baby shower! I realize Loren's excuse to have it was that Shai came early and Covid interfered with Asher's shower plans, but she certainly has accumulated all the paraphernalia she needs for another baby! She has totally bought into this entitled new mindset (most likely promoted by the Kardashians,) where it is required to have a Baby Shower, "Sprinkle" for subsequent babies, Baby Moon, Push Present, etc. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
15 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Sorry but there is no way her children are the most beautiful. My daughters already hold that title!

• LOL 3
18 hours ago, IgnoranceisBLISS said:

I must be in the minority but I actually like that spoiled Lauren isn’t getting her way.

Not in the minority at all. There are plenty of people on this forum who think she's an entitled brat and are glad when things don't go her way. 

• Like 3
On 2/2/2023 at 8:55 PM, IgnoranceisBLISS said:

I’m a grandparent and would be devastated if my husband and I were helping out and spending pretty consistent time with my grands and our daughter move them halfway across the world into a country that’s constantly at war.

that’s constantly at war.   I won't include "war" in my discussion, but does the other set of grandparents deserve nothing?  No equal love/no equal time?  They're not demanding anything, probably just hoping.  Alexei would like to live in his home country for awhile and wants his wife and children to have the experience.  Not once has the word "permanent" been mentioned.  It's difficult to watch the sadness of Loren's parents manifest itself in such anger. BIG TIME!  AND, it's embarrassing.

Her mother says things that can't be taken back--let alone saying them on television!  This seems like a reasonable time (though difficult logistics... three "babies" !!) to try living in another country. Kids' school and friendships won't be disrupted. The kids will adjust in no time; Loren's parents don't need to add to her uneasy transition.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
On 2/3/2023 at 3:50 PM, magemaud said:

There are plenty of people on this forum who think she's an entitled brat and are glad when things don't go her way. 

I'm old enough to be Loren's great-grandmother ... and after seeing how her mother behaves and treats her, I see who the real "entitled one" is. Never cross Marlene.  Never.  She'll cut you off in a minute.

Would all the naysayers be okay with a "party" to celebrate Loren's motherhood...with no gifts?  The resentment seems to be for the things she HAS...and apparently doesn't NEED more.

She DOES need the celebration.  She has let us know why it's important to her.  If she's a spoiled brat, it's how she was raised.  She married an intelligent, logical man.  I think he'll eventually bring her into real-world thinking.  Perhaps living in Israel will do wonders for her perceived sense of entitlement.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

I can’t believe that I’m defending them at all but I do think part of the issue  is that Loren and her parents are the sort of brash, loud New Yorkers that people in other parts of the country may think are just angry and obnoxious but don’t see the underlying love.  Think of say a Nancy Walker or Joan Rivers or Rhea Perlman.  I couldn’t live with someone like that but I get how they can coexist.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/3/2023 at 4:11 PM, Back Atcha said:

I'm old enough to be Loren's great-grandmother ... and after seeing how her mother behaves and treats her, I see who the real "entitled one" is. Never cross Marlene.  Never.  She'll cut you off in a minute.

Would all the naysayers be okay with a "party" to celebrate Loren's motherhood...with no gifts?  The resentment seems to be for the things she HAS...and apparently doesn't NEED more.

She DOES need the celebration.  She has let us know why it's important to her.  If she's a spoiled brat, it's how she was raised.  She married an intelligent, logical man.  I think he'll eventually bring her into real-world thinking.  Perhaps living in Israel will do wonders for her perceived sense of entitlement.

I totally agree if nothing else Loren became spoiled, entitled and dependent on her parents because of them, not the other way around.  Her parents both acted poorly on the trip and their continued behaviour is totally driving a wedge in their family.  If Lauren is happy and excited about having a baby shower, good for her and it’s understandable when she has never had one.  It would be especially great if they knew she was having her first girl baby but not sure that has been revealed.  I’m not a big Loren fan but I think her mother is a lot more annoying imho.  I hope they do spend some time living in Israel and maybe Loren can gain some independence and a different perspective in the process.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 1/31/2023 at 12:06 AM, magemaud said:

Since the stress with her parents, Loren is tic-cing so badly it’s hard to watch. 

I’ve noticed that too, yet it seemed like she was in remission during her first pregnancy, but I honestly didn’t notice with her second, I don’t doubt stress could affect her tourettes.

• Like 3

I didn’t really get the point of the haircut attempt.  So, was Lauren saying that Shai really did need a haircut, because he was uncomfortable with it getting so long, but that she still didn’t want it cut because she’s emotionally attached to it?  And, since she’s trying to play the role of a complacent wife, she acquiesced?  So, I guess the parents just left the decision to Shai.  Was it supposed to be funny?  I didn’t think it was.  They didn’t do much to help him settle down or get comfortable with it.  Just showed Shai the best way to get your way is have a meltdown.  Loren seemed to revel in it.  🙄 I guess I’m too pragmatic.  If he needs the cut, go get it done.  

So, when Loren met with her dad she said that the rift with them was a mutual thing. They both caused it.  So, when they returned from the trip, Loren didn’t communicate with them.  And, they didn’t reach out either?  For how long?  Alexei seemed relieved. I get it.  

I still wonder if the drama was staged.  I mean, what kind of parents stress out a high risk pregnant lady with two babies at home?  Sounds crazy to me.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 7

Interesting how Loren is on the out's with her mother and sister but because she's a "Daddy's girl" it's ok that he was  yelling at her and embarrassing her  telling her to shut up in front of all of her inlaws and saying hurtful things in front of Alex to make sure Loren seeks an attorney to inquire about what happens to the children if they are in Israel and Loren and Alex break up. That's all ok......because she's a "Daddy's girl". 

2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Loren was such a cutie.  Her mother is definitely not.  I can see Loren's face gradually changing into Marlene's.   So interesting...and sad.

The mother and sister are unfortunate looking. Dad must have been a looker in his young days (certainly not now) and this is who Loren looks like. Hence the favoritism. 

• LOL 1
14 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If he needs the cut, go get it done.  

If the kid doesn’t want a shot are they just going to skip it?

10 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Loren was such a cutie.  Her mother is definitely not.  I can see Loren's face gradually changing into Marlene's.   So interesting...and sad.

Marlene reminds me of a St. Bernard.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
21 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

If the kid doesn’t want a shot are they just going to skip it?

Many toddlers freak at haircuts, dentist appointments, doctor appointments, etc. You prepare them ahead of time, read a book about the future experience, watch a video, practice at home. 

My kids freaked at many early experiences. But toddlers don't get to make adult decisions. Loren and Alexi caved at the haircut.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, BAForever said:

My kids freaked at many early experiences. But toddlers don't get to make adult decisions. Loren and Alexi caved at the haircut.

I even played "shots" with my kids...a tiny pinch with my fingernails--then they could pinch me.  They never had a problem at the doctor.  Their dad took each of them "when it was time," to watch HIM get a haircut.  The next time he went, he asked if they wanted to and both did (luckily).  It was an old-fashioned barber shop, local guys shooting the breeze...real social weekend mornings.  It's the unknown that's scary.

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 1/24/2023 at 12:00 PM, sandwoman said:

Baby shower for third baby is a little weird to me. But whatever...  It's for the show.

IKR!!!  It seems a LITTLE over the top to me.  Heck, my old boss had a baby shower for kid #4!!!!  I didn't participate.  I thought, "You KNOW how these kids get here, don't you??"

Other thing is, what in the WORLD would you NEED if you have 3 OTHER CHILDREN???  Just stop it.  It's gross and an obvious present grab.

• Like 3
On 2/8/2023 at 9:33 AM, Back Atcha said:

I think Loren is pretty, her mother isn't - they share some things but Loren is just a lot better looking, has a more expressive face and smile that just doesn't appear on her mother.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

People are going to give Loren gifts for the new baby, especially if it's a girl. She chose not to find out the sex of the baby so having a shower for the third child of unknown gender just seems like overkill to me. I know that having a bris for a boy is another gift giving occasion, is there something comparable in the Jewish religion for a girl? 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I know that having a bris for a boy is another gift giving occasion, is there something comparable in the Jewish religion for a girl? 

Yes there is, they don't get mutilated like the boys.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Really can't stand Loren's horrid mother. Each could have contacted the other before the need for a babysitter, but not attending the shower was so mean. Expecting an apology when YOU were the one being rude and hateful makes her look like a true narcissist. How embarrassing and nasty their behavior was. Marlene seems like a true control freak to be so insisting that her grown daughter needs to kowtow to her regarding where she lives. I understand being upset, but she seems more upset by the idea that she wasn't consulted. The threat to smack her was so egregious.

I know this is far after the fact, but I didn't have a chance to post earlier and I just needed to vent, lol.

Edited by renatae
  • Like 5

I am sort of surprised that Loren is having a baby shower, we, (Jews) don't have tbaby showers, we don't want to put a kenahora, (Yiddish for a curse/bad luck of sorts), on the baby. Typically nothing for the new baby is brought in to the home until the baby is born.  This is most likely a gift grab for Loren.

On 2/10/2023 at 1:59 PM, magemaud said:

People are going to give Loren gifts for the new baby, especially if it's a girl. She chose not to find out the sex of the baby so having a shower for the third child of unknown gender just seems like overkill to me. I know that having a bris for a boy is another gift giving occasion, is there something comparable in the Jewish religion for a girl? 

For girls we have Namings, it is a blessing by the rabbi and it is when the Hebrew name of the baby is announced publicly, gifts are usually given. 

On 2/10/2023 at 10:51 AM, goofygirl said:

Other thing is, what in the WORLD would you NEED if you have 3 OTHER CHILDREN??? 

And there is that.  I have been invited to a sprinkle for a second child but I guess when it is a girl and the other babies are boys maybe some girly things as gifts is what to give the baby.

• Like 6
On 1/17/2023 at 2:05 PM, bichonblitz said:

<snip> 

Her mom is wacko. She has an uncontrollable tick that causes her head to bob back and forth and her eyes to blink and it drives me nuts. Maybe that's where Loren inherited her Tourette's from? 

The way she holds her mouth when she talks and eats, I was convinced she had no teeth. Then I saw that she did. I just really dislike her attitude and for Alexi's sake I hope Loren doesn't end up looking and acting like her mother. There is nothing likable about her at all. I want her off my screen. She makes me absolutely stabby.

Edited by Rebky
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
On 1/31/2023 at 11:48 AM, BAForever said:

She's got it in her. Before meeting Alexi she was living in NYC, had a good job and a cute apartment while her parents were in Florida. However, she did not have kids so no need for built in babysitters Marlene & co. Now she needs help but if they did move to Israel Alexi's parents would be more than happy to help. Alexi's family seem like wonderful people. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1