Type keyword(s) to search

Loren & Alexei: After the 90 Days

• Start Topic

When baby #2 was on the way and she went on and on about having “2 kids under 2”, I already had an inkling that she’s not ready for what that would require on the daily.

There’s no way in Hell she’s ready to take care of 3 kids.  Considering how she was voicing resentment for having to take care of 1 by herself (while pregnant) for a week, this is going to put some serious strain on the marriage.  

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

There’s no way in Hell she’s ready to take care of 3 kids.  Considering how she was voicing resentment for having to take care of 1 by herself (while pregnant) for a week, this is going to put some serious strain on the marriage.  

How they going to raise 3 kids in that tiny condo? It's always stuffed with toys, strollers, baby what ever and the kitchen counters are covered with stuff and don't they have just have 2 bedrooms. It's just me, I know. I can't stand clutter. I remember them saying Alexei was sleeping in the bathroom for a while because the baby was in the bed with Loren and Shai was in the 2nd bedroom. Wtf? I hope they find that home in NC or where ever it is they want to move to. 

I remember Alexei saying he wanted 4 kids so I guess she figured she might as well pop them out one right after the other so she can be done with pregnancy and work hard to get her skinny bikini body back that she's so obsessed with. She really loves herself and her looks. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

overall though I still do like them as a couple. I do find Loren to be kind of annoying at times, but I really like Alexei and they are good together. He is a riot and very bright. The way he can carry on and joke and make great comments in English- is very impressive to me.

They are the normal people of the franchise. I think they try to bring on some conflicts and drama to be relevant.

• Like 7

I used to really dislike both of them.  When they came on PT, I started to like them a little.  It’s my understanding that the saying that you couldn’t get pregnant while breastfeeding was a myth….wive’s tale, etc.  Loren believed that?  Hmmm…..

https://www.lancastergeneralhealth.org/health-hub-home/motherhood/the-first-year/did-you-know-you-can-get-pregnant-while-breastfeeding#:~:text=“You can't get pregnant,hasn't returned to normal.

• LOL 2
45 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It’s my understanding that the saying that you couldn’t get pregnant while breastfeeding was a myth….wive’s tale, etc.  Loren believed that?  Hmmm…..

Kalani also believed that (and my guess Emily did, too) The 90 Day franchise doesn't seem to attract the brightest bulbs. 
But I came here to say I was looking at Shae and thinking how I didn't find him  particularly cute then the next scene Loren is trying to get him into modeling. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
7 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Kalani also believed that (and my guess Emily did, too) The 90 Day franchise doesn't seem to attract the brightest bulbs. 
But I came here to say I was looking at Shae and thinking how I didn't find him  particularly cute then the next scene Loren is trying to get him into modeling. 

I thought that she used getting shots of Shae as an excuse in order to get herself in there for photos.  She did just have that sports bra in her bag, lol. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Quof said:

Loren's parents cannot be real.  Who talks to their adult offspring like that (besides Shauna Rae's mother)? 

I’m not sure if they are anything like that or if it’s producer driven.  

Also, did Loren really plan that birthday party in the middle of animal poop central or was that producer driven?  It’s difficult to believe she didn’t realize what a horrible idea that was.  I would have left, once I saw where it was.  Eating in the middle of pig pens?  Ugh….

They had so much difficulty managing two kids…..a third?  Man, they seemed overwhelmed already. I don’t think I’d brag that my child refused to listen to his parents.  

Do they really intend to move to Israel?  Their show might be more interesting if they did.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

OMG, couldn’t wait for Lauren to shut up.  Looks like she runs the show.  Seems she doesn’t appreciate her parents coming to her rescue to baby sit, like it’s an honor.  She expects it.  The modeling was ridiculous.  Enough said.  Lauren is too full of herself.  She’s not all that.  Hope this was the last of them with their own show.  BORING.  They have nothing of interest going on.

• Love 1
Just now, kristen111 said:

OMG, couldn’t wait for Lauren to shut up.  Looks like she runs the show.  Seems she doesn’t appreciate her parents coming to her rescue to baby sit, like it’s an honor.  She expects it.  The modeling was ridiculous.  Enough said.  Lauren is too full of herself.  She’s not all that.  Hope this was the last of them with their own show.  BORING.  They have nothing of interest going on.   Any woman with half a brain knows to use protection after having a baby.  Alexi has patience.  Lauren sure thinks she’s the cats meow.  Ears bleeding.  Her voice is in my brains.

6 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Mistake

On 1/26/2022 at 5:48 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

I am so ready to punch Loren in the face. Her constant whining and acting like she’s a victim because her husband went home for 8 fucking days?! Girl please. There’s a good chance Alex would have missed Shai’s first steps if he was at work, so why be so dramatic about it? Try having a husband in the military or not having a husband at all!! You’re an insult to women everywhere. Get this bitch off my television.

Love it, lol.  I think Lauren was a spoiled brat growing up and still is.  That modeling gig was stupid.  She just had to jump in too.  Are they kidding?

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

I had asked a while ago on some thread about Asuelo as he sure has been missing for so so long. I thought at least at the time it wasn't truly clear but I guess the more time goes on and the longer missing---- we can figure it's over. ( which brings us to- so where would he be?  how would he be supporting himself? For Kalani, her parents seemed to always be supplementing her TLC income.  ). And by the way, she was always a big girl as I find most Somwans are, but she has really gotten large and in charge. Her sister is much smaller.

I also don't find them too funny or enlightening.

And you can tell I am not up on things, but where is Thais? Is it just that the brother is pretty funny or is she out of the picture?

Robert is still one of the best. 

I'll add that although Kenny and Armando might be more normal, Kenny's banter on Pillowtalk is very forced and annoying, and dare I say very very immature. He's like a middle schooler with sex.

It will be interesting to see how Loren fares not speaking the language and not having her comfort zones around her. I still love Alexi. She should worship the ground he walks on because he is so good to her and for her.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

And you can tell I am not up on things, but where is Thais? Is it just that the brother is pretty funny or is she out of the picture?

Thais and Patrick had a baby girl just last month so she must have opted not to film while pregnant. 

Kalani and Asuelu's status should be over on their couples' page. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I had asked a while ago on some thread about Asuelo as he sure has been missing for so so long. I thought at least at the time it wasn't truly clear but I guess the more time goes on and the longer missing---- we can figure it's over. ( which brings us to- so where would he be?  how would he be supporting himself? For Kalani, her parents seemed to always be supplementing her TLC income.  ). And by the way, she was always a big girl as I find most Somwans are, but she has really gotten large and in charge. Her sister is much smaller.

I also don't find them too funny or enlightening.

Robert is still one of the best. 

I'll add that although Kenny and Armando might be more normal, Kenny's banter on Pillowtalk is very forced and annoying, and dare I say very very immature. He's like a middle schooler with sex.

It will be interesting to see how Loren fares not speaking the language and not having her comfort zones around her. I still love Alexi. She should worship the ground he walks on because he is so good to her and for her.

I just don’t get Pillow Talk.  They are saying things we already know.  They lie there covering themselves with a blanket and keep eating and drinking. WTF?  Getting paid for nothing of value.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 5/7/2022 at 12:57 AM, CallmeCray said:

When baby #2 was on the way and she went on and on about having “2 kids under 2”, I already had an inkling that she’s not ready for what that would require on the daily.

She will have a Nanny, cleaning woman and either a cook or take out.  She was very boring talking about nothing of interest.  Rather whining.

Just now, kristen111 said:

She will have a Nanny, cleaning woman and either a cook or take out.  She was very boring talking about nothing of interest.  Rather whining.   These girls on here don’t use protection, then they act surprised when they become pregnant.  Duh !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 12/20/2022 at 11:01 PM, magemaud said:

Yeah I think he is below average looking but she is obviously biased.  I mean she goes on about Alexi’s looks and he looks like a pterodactyl.

• LOL 6

I came here to say I think Shai is a cute enough kid, and I think Alex is very attractive. What's that expression--------beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I get that we each differing taste, and I can see where you might find Alex a bit strange looking. I wonder if it's his personality or humor that enhances it all for me. :)

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I think Alex is a total smokeshow.  🔥😍  I thought he was super hot the minute he showed up on my tv screen.  His personality and sense of humour definitely add to his charm.  He's the total package as far as this franchise goes.   

• Like 9
  • Love 4

So I think I've shared that I'm old .....I had to look up smokeshow. I understood your post but was curious to see

Sure enough----Nov 18, 2020 — Urban Dictionary defines a “smokeshow” as someone who is “so hot” that “you basically see smoke coming off of them.”

In case there's anyone else like me who is new to the expression.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4

I don't remember Loren's parents being so awful. I mean they sure are now. I wonder if some of it is to ensure that their kids get a paycheck?

After all, I'm thinking the trip had to have been funded by TLC and if they're not going to be interesting..... you know. But yes I agree they are like caricatures. AWFUL

• Like 5

My acupuncture sessions involved pretty large needles.  I had more pain than most people seem to have, but it was totally worth it!  Great results.  I got more pain relief than I have ever gotten from modern medicine.  I hope it helped Loren.  

I suppose Alexi might be attractive if you didn’t know much about him.  Lol. Just kidding.  I’ve never been crazy over the guy.  He’s more tolerable than he was before going on PT.  I think he and Loren should just stay on PT.  If they actually move to Israel, they may have a better show, but not from FL.  Moving to  Israel would be interesting, imo.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

Have we ever seen Alexei’s dad without the doo-rag?  

I know his family originally came from Ukraine, are they speaking Ukrainian or Hebrew? 

They are speaking both. Well I am not sure if its Ukrainian but they are speaking Hebrew and another Ukrainian or Russian sounding language.

I think mostly among themselves like when Alexi is talking to his mother alone, it's often not Hebrew. For the parents, I'm sure they're fine with Hebrew but more comfortable with the mother tongue. For Alexi I suspect Hebrew is his preferred. Then again, I think he is really gifted with languages. he may have an accent in English but he definitely has a way with it and  seems to really be pretty comfortable  (he uses slang and puns readily).

• Like 4
16 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I don't remember Loren's parents being so awful.

Her dad was always an ass. I think he grew to really dislike Alex as time went on. He had a real attitude when Alex went to Israel while Loren was pregnant. God forbid the guy wanted to see his own family. I get the impression he thinks Loren let's Alex get away with alot which is none of his business. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

That scene of L&A in Israel with his family. Loren, please ditch the belly button piercing. Three babies and still she thinks it looks sexy?  And that black band bathing suit top looked like her breasts were being bound or something. How can her her chest so small after almost three babies? I know that is just how she is built but why choose things that don’t seem flattering at all? And outdated like the belly piercing. Maybe it’s ok on a hot stripper. I guess. 
sorry I just don’t like anything about her. And I suspect in private A is not as fantastic as he seems. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1

It’d be interested in learning more about the languages.  I’ve watched several movies lately where Yiddish was spoken and wondered if any of them speak  it.  To me, the languages, lifestyle, and culture in Israel would be a great way to reach viewers.  The parents arguing and fighting about them moving is just boring.  Show Israel and if that’s not in the cards, I don’t see the show working.  

Loren’s dad might be overstepping, but he has a point about the children.  If Loren and Alexi live there, she should be aware of what happens to the kids if they separate or divorce .  How is custody handled and would she ever be able to bring the kids to the US, if the father forbade it and the courts there didn’t approve it.  

If they live in Israel, I would imagine Loren might not get as pampered as she normally is.  That might add to the stress in their marriage.  I still have no idea why he thought they made a good couple.  Did you watch their early beginning episodes of when they got married?   Omg…..not good.  I always get the impression that she’s unhappy with Alexi and that he can barely tolerate her.  He always seems to prefer his friends and former lifestyle.  And she is jealous of that.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I did love Alexi mother telling Loren's mother to "Let it go, Let it go!" when Loren's mother kept bitching and pointing out why it was a bad idea for them to move. 

I don't know why Loren thinks she's not going to have any support in Israel. Alexi's parents will be there to help her when ever she wants. Of course that's probably Loren's mother drilling that in to her head. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

Alexi’s parents seem like they would be eager to help with the kids, but Loren must know that they wouldn’t likely kowtow to her like her parents.  Loren talked about getting instacart and the other amenities offered in the US, but she  didn’t address how her parent’s major input is what she would really miss.  Plus, I think she knows Alexi would be spending much more time with his old friends.  He seems happier doing that.  Wasn’t it her mom who told her that she would never last in Israel?  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Quof said:

"Loren will forego her happiness to keep the peace"  

Is Loren's mother living in Bizarro World?  

IKR.

This episode, I liked Alexei even more. Loren was pretty ok this one as well, but Alexei was ON. And Loren's mother saying how will she get the kids to daycare when she doesn t know where it will be. Alexei was like please get a grip. We;ll know where they're going by the time they are going. 

Her mother was really looney tunes. Her father was over the top with custody etc but he was making sense.  Her mother was not at all presenting any kind of logical thought.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

Loren's parents have always been immediately available for childcare and support for Loren and the babies.  She would not be able to raise those three kids without that support, in my opinion.  If she does go to Israel, she won'y stay.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

While grandparents can be a great help with kids, it’s a trade off if they are also very controlling.  Overly controlling and manipulative grandparents may have good intentions, but they can also be annoying.

I believe that grandparents can offer the kids so much and their importance is invaluable, but with some people it can be complicated.  It’s too bad their grandparents are on different continents, but they knew that when they married.   Maybe, they move every 5 years, so each set of grandparents get to know the kids.  

Based on what we have seen, I can see why someone might need space from Loren’s parents.  They are too controlling and bossy.  However, Loren’s dad is right about getting legal advice on the custody issue.  Alexei must know the answer and that’s why he’s so defensive.  Ignorance, like he suggests, is rarely a good idea.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 1/10/2023 at 6:36 AM, Polliwollidoodle said:

Her mother was really looney tunes. Her father was over the top with custody etc but he was making sense. 

Her father was making sense from a selfish point of view.  For some reason he believes a mother "who carried the child" has more rights than the father.  Or... perhaps he thinks an American mother has more rights to "American" children.  Wasn't one of the benefits of moving to Israel that their children will have dual citizenship?

From the 'net:
"The Legal Capacity and Guardianship Law 1962 determines the relationship between parents and children. This provides that both parents have equal custodial rights. These rights include matters of education, health, welfare and place of residence."

Alexei has every right to be upset/disappointed with his in-laws.  The mother-in-law seems especially difficult to deal with.  Jealous, controlling, know-it-all.  That stuff will come back to haunt her.  Her daughter seems to have married a wonderful human who's happy being a husband and father.  So  Loren gripes a little (or a lot) about being left with the kids if Alexie goes fishing.  That type of complaint is typical for young parents.  Loren's parents need to butt out...and quickly.

I hope they do move to Israel for several years--and that the show is able to follow their adjustment and success.   They're the best result of these 90-Day Fiance` experiments.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Yeah, the talk about the mother having more rights, since she carried the child.  Oh dear.  A legal consult will clear that up for them.  The fact that Alexei and Loren shuddered, as if getting information is a sin was disappointing.  I guess they don’t realize that rarely is the person you divorce, the one you married.  Lol. Most divorces are not friendly.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Loren’s mother ugh.  It’s a double edged sword having her parents so enmeshed , Loren complaining about Alex. It gives the parents ammunition. Loren should STOP that immediately. Yes it’s wonderful to have help from grandparents and it’s wonderful for the children.  I think beneath Marlene’s anger is hurt : hurt the babies are leaving ; hurt that her daughter would leave her after all she’s done to help them 
but Marlene has to stfu ITS TIME TO CUT THE CORD .  3 kids under 2 1/2 would be crazy for any young couple. 
i don’t think Bryan is wrong about looking into custody. It’s reality .  But I’ll bet Marlene was a screaming helicopter mom.  It’s time to let go . Good on Alexi for standing up to them and also when they were rude to Loren . Rude of them to not say goodbye to Alexi parents Alex does know loren in a way they don’t . And yeah Loren will be back eventually.  Thank goodness for FaceTime- wherever your grands live , you can video call

Edited by DNR
W o r d s
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
On 1/10/2023 at 8:36 AM, Polliwollidoodle said:

Her father was over the top with custody etc but he was making sense.

I think that could have been a private conversation between Loren and her dad. It was rude and incredibly disrespectful to bring that up in front of Alex. I mean, how was the guy supposed to react to that? I'm glad he got up and walked out. Also, dad, you don't yell at your daughter to shut up in front of her in laws. Embarrassing and cruel. The man has no tact. 

Her mom is wacko. She has an uncontrollable tick that causes her head to bob back and forth and her eyes to blink and it drives me nuts. Maybe that's where Loren inherited her Tourette's from? 

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

I feel for them because I bet they are being pressured to have what should be private conversation in public... so it can be on camera. Her father and mother are allowed to be worried, especially about custody issues, but obviously it's inappropriate and just foolish to air this out in front of everyone. They are creating a situation where Alexi will never want anything to do with them which is very dumb. If they want a relationship with their grandchildren, maybe don't openly antagonize the kids' dad. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
14 hours ago, sandwoman said:

If they want a relationship with their grandchildren, maybe don't openly antagonize the kids' dad. 

Especially since he seems to be such a GREAT dad...GREAT guy.  Loren's father is a saint to put up with his wife for all those decades.  Loren's mother is so CONSISTENTLY rude that she's unable to recognize it in herself; it's just her normal behavior.  Poor behavior.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 1/16/2023 at 9:55 PM, DNR said:

Loren complaining about Alex.

It's such a mistake to complain to best friends and closest relatives (or anyone) about one's spouse.  You say something because you NEED to vent occasionally ...never realizing you're giving a false (bad) impression...that's usually permanent. Just an example:  I could be married to a saint, but my mother would believe he was an ogre because I needed "someone" to gripe to about the little...the littlest things.  I'd gripe and forget it; she'd remember FOREVER

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 6