Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Shout out to the Claire for making triangle/diamond as a 3rd year!! 

I know in general sides of the triangle are considered better than the interior of the triangle and usually go to show group. But for the 3rd row, is it more prestigious to complete the diamond or to be one of the 2 girls on the side? 

Since we have double point and the girls rotate I don't think there is a difference in the diamond or the 3rd row side. Some times the point moves to the diamond sometimes she moves to the side. I feel like they just move to the easiest place.

(If there wasn't any rotations because of two points I think the diamond should be the tallest among the deserving elder vets IMO)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Do they try to keep GL from having members of their rookie class in their groups?  Also, where is VK in the big and group formations?  Is she the tallest in her group?  Must be striking!  And she probably stands out!

During Thunderstruck, VK is in the "innermost" triangle (pink)---Jada is the "point" and VK is next to her.  Re: Jalyn's group... when they are in two lines, VK is at the end of the front line.  Here's a picture of when they are in a triangle.

VK's places.jpg

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, ClassicPegg said:

During Thunderstruck, VK is in the "innermost" triangle (pink)---Jada is the "point" and VK is next to her.  Re: Jalyn's group... when they are in two lines, VK is at the end of the front line.  Here's a picture of when they are in a triangle.

VK's places.jpg

Also.... here:

Triangle.jpg

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, ClassicPegg said:

VK's places.jpg

Love that they put Lea near Victoria in the group. Lea is such a clean powerful dancer; VK will have to work hard to keep up with her

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 8/23/2022 at 2:06 AM, StellaCL said:

Point didn't become a huge deal until Kashara got named when Jenna was demoted. It didn't really become about seniority until the Amy/Maddie year, Amy being the only 5th year vet on the team. Nicole H., Crystal, Kashara, were all points that got it on their 3rd year over more senior vets

This! In my opinion TPTB started a tricky precedent when choosing point after Kashara's years, seemingly preferring seniority over actual suitability. As you said, 3rd years were chosen over more senior dancers for years because they brought that little extra. And a triangle formation does focus on the first 3 dancers, so they need that extra pop.  

I had another good look at the year when Amy and Maddie shared point. I will admit that was a difficult year with 26 rookies and 2nd years (making a 2nd year point is tricky with only 1 year of field experience). When you look at the 3rd years and higher you had: Maddie, Amy, Heather, Tess, Lexie, Gina, Christina, Alexis, Molly, Rachel A and Savannah. Most were definitely not point material. From this limited pool, I would probably have turned to Heather, Lexie and Gina. Amy and Maddie were great, just not for point position. They were too much of a blender and though pretty, they missed that little extra needed for that position in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Monique said:

So where is Jada positioned in group 3? She’s by far the tallest on the team with Taylor gone, unless we have some tall rookies 

I know Tori's mom said Tori is 5'9 (her sister, Holly is 6'1).  Zhenya looks to be about the same as Tori.  Not sure about the other rookies 😁

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

In the video of Thunderstruck for Meet the Team, who fell when backing up in formation? If looking from the back of the formation, she is outside on back right outside.

Apparently the fall happened at cowboys night someone on Reddit posted abt it they didn’t catch the face just knows she is blonde 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Monique said:

So where is Jada positioned in group 3? She’s by far the tallest on the team with Taylor gone, unless we have some tall rookies 

Here is group 3. You can't see rookie Kali who has to be at least 5'9" or taller. She is blocked by Kelcey in this photo. Not pictured is Rebecca, who is opposite Madeline's position but to the left of Jada.

group3b.jpg

2 hours ago, Monique said:

1 minute ago, StellaCL said:

Here is group 3. You can't see rookie Kali who has to be at least 5'9" or taller. She is blocked by Kelcey in this photo. Not pictured is Rebecca, who is opposite Madeline's position but to the left of Jada.

group3b.jpg

Another photo of Group 3. Only two rookies in this group: Kali and Zhenya, and I believe they are also the tallest rookies.

group3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

group3b.jpg

Another photo of Group 3. Only two rookies in this group: Kali and Zhenya, and I believe they are also the tallest rookies.

group3.jpg

Sorry I couldn't hear what you were saying because my eyes went straight to Kelcey and Claire. Obsessed of the two girls leading this team.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/17/2022 at 11:39 AM, PrincessLeia said:

Hi…. Haven’t posted here in ages. Just popped in because I saw Victoria’s post. I hope she’s healthy and happy. Wish her nothing but the best. I missed all of the speculation about why she took last year off. She looks very thin this year, so I have my guesses. 

I actually saw her last night and can confirm, very thin.  I went to the Dallas Cowboys open practice at the star and it was so much fun! After it ended I ran into Victoria Kalina and Tina Kalina at the DC merchandise store.  They were both so nice.  I also took pictures with Miss Charlotte Jones so that was amazing.

B015E580-9959-4E6C-AC7A-D710E358971D.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 15
35 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Sorry I couldn't hear what you were saying because my eyes went straight to Kelcey and Claire. Obsessed of the two girls leading this team.

Re bottom photo: Who is on the far right?  Compared to the rest, she seems to me to be dialing it in. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Monique said:

1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

I know Tori's mom said Tori is 5'9 (her sister, Holly is 6'1).  Zhenya looks to be about the same as Tori.  Not sure about the other rookies 😁

Jada is center on the kickline here, so tallest on the team after her are Kali, Victoria, and Tori. Not sure who is immediately to the side of Victoria that would mirror Jessica's spot.

Zhenya wasn't in the kickline but she would be somewhere around Jessica or Victoria's height.

height.thumb.jpg.3c205cf17438f7716c298f0d2199202f.jpg

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Jada is center on the kickline here, so tallest on the team after her are Kali, Victoria, and Tori. Not sure who is immediately to the side of Victoria that would mirror Jessica's spot.

Zhenya wasn't in the kickline but she would be somewhere around Jessica or Victoria's height.

Jada’s kicks are impeccable 🔥

• Fire 2
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

I'd hate to kick next to Jada... her kicks are perfect 😁

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Like 4
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, StellaCL said:

*sighs in girl crush*  Jada's kicks 😍 😍😍😍😍

• Love 7
6 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

In the video of Thunderstruck for Meet the Team, who fell when backing up in formation? If looking from the back of the formation, she is outside on back right outside.

Yea let’s hope she doesn’t fall out of turn like before! Tho I haven’t seen that video at all, someone direct me to it if it’s still floating around somewhere.

whats vk’s dancing like so far on the team, anyone know? I’m surprised Dayton didn’t audition this season based on her previous ‘I’ll audition if there’s no cameras’ I know it looks like she moved on etc from trying out for dcc

• Like 1
10 hours ago, LilyD said:

This! In my opinion TPTB started a tricky precedent when choosing point after Kashara's years, seemingly preferring seniority over actual suitability. As you said, 3rd years were chosen over more senior dancers for years because they brought that little extra. And a triangle formation does focus on the first 3 dancers, so they need that extra pop.  

I had another good look at the year when Amy and Maddie shared point. I will admit that was a difficult year with 26 rookies and 2nd years (making a 2nd year point is tricky with only 1 year of field experience). When you look at the 3rd years and higher you had: Maddie, Amy, Heather, Tess, Lexie, Gina, Christina, Alexis, Molly, Rachel A and Savannah. Most were definitely not point material. From this limited pool, I would probably have turned to Heather, Lexie and Gina. Amy and Maddie were great, just not for point position. They were too much of a blender and though pretty, they missed that little extra needed for that position in my opinion.

Justice for Lexie! She probably would have been my pick, or her and Heather alternating. Amy, Maddie and Gina in the mix for diamond along with Tess, maybe, because that’s a blonde bouquet. Were there not any WOC that year? Sheesh. 

I remember back when many of us were horrified that Kashara got point because she lacked the technical skill, but after the seniority first points to follow, Kashara in hindsight sparkles more 😂

I’m here for points that are dynamic in showmanship AND technical skills, but I’ll pick showmanship every time if I have to pick. I also like 3rd years and up, tho this current group of year 3 only has two years of field experience, right? Still…could Claire kill it more than Caroline? Probably. 

Caroline, like Amy, is a skilled and polished dancer. Very clean, likely a great teacher and group leader too. She’s just missing a piece of showmanship for me in the end. Kelsey has been point for other routines since her rookie year, so that didn’t surprise me much. I would have liked Ashlee and Kelsey to rotate, but Caroline isn’t a bad choice like I think some other points have been. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, StellaCL said:

All but one of this group have okay kicks.  They need to be better though.  The girl on the yard line (Jada?) has amazing kicks.  The three to her right (Tori, Kali and ???) are okay, but could be better and the one to her left (Victoria?) seems to be the sloppiest. 

I'm not sure about the names though so I could be totally wrong about who's who here.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

Justice for Lexie! She probably would have been my pick, or her and Heather alternating. Amy, Maddie and Gina in the mix for diamond along with Tess, maybe, because that’s a blonde bouquet. Were there not any WOC that year? Sheesh. 

I remember back when many of us were horrified that Kashara got point because she lacked the technical skill, but after the seniority first points to follow, Kashara in hindsight sparkles more 😂

I’m here for points that are dynamic in showmanship AND technical skills, but I’ll pick showmanship every time if I have to pick. I also like 3rd years and up, tho this current group of year 3 only has two years of field experience, right? Still…could Claire kill it more than Caroline? Probably. 

Caroline, like Amy, is a skilled and polished dancer. Very clean, likely a great teacher and group leader too. She’s just missing a piece of showmanship for me in the end. Kelsey has been point for other routines since her rookie year, so that didn’t surprise me much. I would have liked Ashlee and Kelsey to rotate, but Caroline isn’t a bad choice like I think some other points have been. 

I’m all about the sparkle!  I would have killed to see Bridget become point. 🙂💕

I do think Maddie had it, although it seems unpopular.  

Caroline is cute, but I am not seeing it yet,

I really think Ashlee could’ve killed it as point.  
I’m on board with Kelcey though. 

Love Claire, I really do, but still can not see her as point. 
She probably will anyway as she is gorgeous and insanely talented. 
But I prefer sass, and some flirtatiousness is the only way I can describe it. KaShara did it, Jenna, Holly.  Like I said, Maddie. I absolutely think Ashlee and Kat have that in spades. 
I just don’t see it in Claire.  Maybe because I know how religious she is and the bias colors how I see her? 

But Marissa is too, and I see more of that undefinable quality in her than Claire. I don’t think Marissa will be point though. Up front, yes. 
I will try and put aside my bias and give Claire the benefit of the doubt this season.  

Rachel W for example was gorgeous. She didn’t have it either.

There is a new DCC FB group which I am sure some of you already found.  At any rate, the creator has relationships with DCC and has convinced a great deal of former DCC to join. (Like 40 now?)   Because of that it’s not at all like this forum, you definitely need to avoid hurting feelings.  But it’s just fascinating the stuff the creator has posted and some of you might enjoy:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2566676890131622/?ref=share

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

All but one of this group have okay kicks.  They need to be better though.  The girl on the yard line (Jada?) has amazing kicks.  The three to her right (Tori, Kali and ???) are okay, but could be better and the one to her left (Victoria?) seems to be the sloppiest. 

I'm not sure about the names though so I could be totally wrong about who's who here.

The ??? is Jessica :)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, go4luca said:

Yes.  Alarmingly thin.  I honestly hope she is okay because this doesn't look healthy.

mizz_heather95_1661278983_2_FB.jpg

She is giving me some Gina vibes here!  Would love to know what she eats that can power her through all the dancing!  What would you say is her body fat percentage?  She is giving me some goals!  She must be healthy enough for her mom to support her staying that size!  

• Sad 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

What happened and how was she involved???

I know that she was one of his trainers/models for his Zoom workouts during the 2020/2021 season before he was arrested. I heard she could *possibly* be called on by police/lawyers/etc which is what lead me to believe she was taking a gap year but I can not confirm that is her reasoning. 

1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

But what.... is showing on the outside right now? Uh. 

Happy Excuse Me GIF

She was one of trainers/models that demonstrated in his Dallas studio for his online Zoom classes. I can not imagine how physical, emotionally, mentally, traumatizing being involved in this in any way (whether you were someone who used his services or worked for him)

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TVaddict2355 said:

I honestly thought it was because she was caught up in the John Benton Model Fitness lawsuits and scandals. 

Also Taylor Welch started her own workout business after leaving John Benton Model Fitness where she met VK.

A776985A-CFEA-48AF-89A5-B65BF2AB849A.jpeg

• Love 1

I think I might have said it on Reddit, not here, but VK was not set up for success as a young DCC IMO. Too much pressure from her family, the dance community, and allllll of it recorded for a reality show. And the highs and lows of the viewing audience from social media has to be insane. The haters, the lovers, the ones that obsess too much. It sounds so awful. 

I know some of the young ones do great, but that’s such a hard time of life anyway and so much pressure loaded on top. I hope the year off served her well. Agreed she looks very thin, but mostly I think she needs a hug, some good sleep and a way to do what she loves (dance) without the pressure cooker. 

• Like 1
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, Nunyabiznis said:

I actually saw her last night and can confirm, very thin.  I went to the Dallas Cowboys open practice at the star and it was so much fun! After it ended I ran into Victoria Kalina and Tina Kalina at the DC merchandise store.  They were both so nice.  I also took pictures with Miss Charlotte Jones so that was amazing.

B015E580-9959-4E6C-AC7A-D710E358971D.jpeg

Ooh.  Lucky you @Nunyabiznis.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

I’m all about the sparkle!  I would have killed to see Bridget become point. 🙂💕

I do think Maddie had it, although it seems unpopular.  

Caroline is cute, but I am not seeing it yet,

I really think Ashlee could’ve killed it as point.  
I’m on board with Kelcey though. 

But I prefer sass, and some flirtatiousness is the only way I can describe it. KaShara did it, Jenna, Holly.  Like I said, Maddie. I absolutely think Ashlee and Kat have that in spades. 
I just don’t see it in Claire.  Maybe because I know how religious she is and the bias colors how I see her? 

But Marissa is too, and I see more of that undefinable quality in her than Claire. I don’t think Marissa will be point though. Up front, yes. 
I will try and put aside my bias and give Claire the benefit of the doubt this season.  

Rachel W for example was gorgeous. She didn’t have it either.

There is a new DCC FB group which I am sure some of you already found.  At any rate, the creator has relationships with DCC and has convinced a great deal of former DCC to join. (Like 40 now?)   Because of that it’s not at all like this forum, you definitely need to avoid hurting feelings.  But it’s just fascinating the stuff the creator has posted and some of you might enjoy:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2566676890131622/?ref=share

Thanks for this link.  A fine group.  I didn't know Gigi Pittman has passed.  She was a stunner from the 90s squads.  Best eyes you've ever seen.  RIP, Gigi.

Edited by Weeklydcc
Omission
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

Also.... here:

Triangle.jpg

Great work CP, as always!

I was thinking about this as I was getting ready for bed tonight and I wonder if to some extent they “hid” VK to protect her from her every move being critiqued. And subsequently, to prevent some of the online bullying that has happened in the past.

That being said, whats the situation with a blonde falling backward at Cowboys Night, is there footage anywhere? I hope it wasn’t her 🫣

• Love 1
Just now, RedDelicious said:

Great work CP, as always!

I was thinking about this as I was getting ready for bed tonight and I wonder if to some extent they “hid” VK to protect her from her every move being critiqued. And subsequently, to prevent some of the online bullying that has happened in the past.

That being said, whats the situation with a blonde falling backward at Cowboys Night, is there footage anywhere? I hope it wasn’t her 🫣

The person on Reddit who said something abt a girl falling didn’t catch it on film but that the gal got back up like it never happened 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 8/18/2022 at 7:19 AM, Kamal said:
On 8/18/2022 at 6:20 AM, mizzhyer said:

I don't have knowledge on black women hair but aren't Darian, Tyras, KDs beautiful hair natural? Or is it not calledhair natural because they put hard work for it to be pretty?

It’s not natural if you have a wig or extensions. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

image.png.248be719ef2eab8045c9e46e1ee978af.png

I thought you could see the sass from Claire from this pic?

That's one beauty

• Love 13

VK’s body looks athletic to me- it is just a big change and that is what she has been working to do.   I would say she weighs about 135 pounds so low normal weight for height.  I am not alarmed by her weight nor would her doctor.   I think she looks 🤩.  Some others look a little thick in the legs like bulky athletic.  Would die to have VK’s legs.  
Agree on Jada another pair of awesome legs and those kicks🥰

• Sad 3
  • Love 5

ESPN's First Take was filmed at The Star today.  DCCs Caroline, Kelsey, Dani (I think), Darian, Chandra, Kelee, Victoria and KayDianna were there.  The entire organization was featured with former players, Jerry Jones, Rhythm & Blue and Rowdy the mascot.  The event was well attended as sports broadcaster Stephen A. Smith is a big (fake) nemesis of Cowboys Nation and they had a great time booing him.  I enjoyed watching it.

Tonight is the first annual Blue Carpet Kickoff event where the players will walk the blue carpet on their way to a season kickoff banquet.  It's supposed to be on Youtube or dallascowboys.com at I think 6:00 Eastern.  I think I'll watch to see if any DCCs are there.

• Useful 4
9 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

ESPN's First Take was filmed at The Star today.  DCCs Caroline, Kelsey, Dani (I think), Darian, Chandra, Kelee, Victoria and KayDianna were there.  The entire organization was featured with former players, Jerry Jones, Rhythm & Blue and Rowdy the mascot.  The event was well attended as sports broadcaster Stephen A. Smith is a big (fake) nemesis of Cowboys Nation and they had a great time booing him.  I enjoyed watching it.

Tonight is the first annual Blue Carpet Kickoff event where the players will walk the blue carpet on their way to a season kickoff banquet.  It's supposed to be on Youtube or dallascowboys.com at I think 6:00 Eastern.  I think I'll watch to see if any DCCs are there.

I saw that he flew to the star with Jerry in his helicopter lol 😂 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

mizz_heather95_1661278983_2_FB.jpg.ac88318034ef02f25e2734effbdabc21.jpg

I think because of a combo of the DCC PTB, her Mother, SM and what happened on her first season on MTT, all of it messed with her own sense of body image and damage was done. I honestly don't wish this on anyone and worry what the ultimate damage will be.

This photo is even more exacerbated when you see healthy Marissa's life size cameo next to Victoria's. Vic's cameo makes Marissa's look on the heavy side which Marissa is not.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

Please don't come at me but I'm tired of all the Viktoria body talk. Jada is way thinner than Vk but we never talk about her as if it's dangerous because we have seen Vk with some wait and never with Jada. (I'm just using Jada as an example)

Can we talk about other girls on the team other than her for once?

It's 2nd year vet Klyine's birthday!!

What do you like about her?

300964792_825841902105569_2862735165388520770_n.jpeg

image.thumb.png.26632bf3bfd0c44d2f85b8df5fc7ffcf.png

image.thumb.png.32f6e29db9487017b174f67782c3b022.png

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10