The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

I think KALLY’s last name is Bethea, based on her LinkedIn profile

Isn’t she right next to Michael Ervin?  On his left

VK is in the middle!

9 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

VK is in the middle!

Naturally - she will always try to pose next to the person who is the focus of the pic.  Of course, if it's a birthday photo, she is usually dead center with the birthday girl off to the side out of focus not looking at the camera

• Wink 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

We sometimes walk around the HS track which yes, has a football field with lines.  A few times the band was there practicing formations. I always think of Judy screaming- teaching the entrance just days before squad photo. Kelli is always worried about someone not getting it and calls them in. I never understood why something so important and so visible and so everything else was taught last, fast, and in a hurry.

Since there was no TV cameras this TCC season- does anybody know if they once again wait until the last minute to teach the newbies the entrance, to maybe ease some stress and drama? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Lynnbo said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChcYuNiA57u/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

This link shows some of the girls I was hoping would make this year’s team or at least tcc. (Though I don’t think this necessarily shows their best, I’ve seen them all in other clips and generally enjoy their dancing.) I don’t know if Natalie Hillman tried out though his year, but I have followed her for some time and vaguely remember her trying out before.  Melanie Montalvo is super cute, pretty sure she did try out, and of course there is my favorite Bre, and Ariana 

I noticed Bre more than Ariana, but they are both so good.

I will be so annoyed if Bre doesn't make it to TC next year (if she tries out again).
Ariana is not my favorite, so I have no opinion of her returning. 

Melanie needs to sharpen up to be DCC style, but it is hard to judge by one video. She could just be having fun, or trying to be more relaxed, or tired. Who knows. 

They pan off Natalie the most in this video. She seems good and can keep up next to Bre and Ariana, but she is more of a blender in this clip.

Edited by StellaCL

So I KNOW DCC has alumni that treat DCC like a sorority and I really hope that the newer alumni bring in a more positive culture to that group. This could totally be false and if it is I will edit this correcting myself.

It looks like the DCC alumni had luncheon in Downtown Dallas today to welcome in the new retiring vets. I was running errands today and I saw Miss 50 yard line Kelsey in all of her beauty. (Seriously, every DCC looks HD amazing all the time. Like not in a cakey coverup way, just glowing gem way! It honestly makes me think about buying all the sponsors stuff to fix me lol) I hope she got invited and just had other commitments but, based on the time and place I was, I doubt she went to this luncheon. I would hate to think she wasn’t invited but I also know from other’s past experiences that the spirit of DCC can be very 80s/90s sorority girls vibes.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, sATL said:

Is kitty still around helping K&J cut down the prospects, and coaching throughout camp?

She judged show group last season but that’s abt it 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1

QUICK BEFORE THEY RELEASE THE SQUAD PHOTO!!! Here is my UPDATED Squad Photo Predictions, with the rookie cameo photos. I didn't update the vets, cause it's almost 4am and I don't have time for that lol (plus formation lines)

1226760000_2022SquadUsing2017Format2.thumb.jpg.87771e680849fa62b1fd074bfca2de5a.jpg

Formation.thumb.png.11553f6d2cd9cc65030f20be1889a0af.png

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

I'll be glad to finally see all of the groups.  My guess is they will not put both legacies in the same group.  Other than that, no clue as to how they will divide up the ones we aren't sure of😜

4 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

QUICK BEFORE THEY RELEASE THE SQUAD PHOTO!!! Here is my UPDATED Squad Photo Predictions, with the rookie cameo photos. I didn't update the vets, cause it's almost 4am and I don't have time for that lol (plus formation lines)

1226760000_2022SquadUsing2017Format2.thumb.jpg.87771e680849fa62b1fd074bfca2de5a.jpg

Formation.thumb.png.11553f6d2cd9cc65030f20be1889a0af.png

That's probably as good of a guess as any 😁

• Love 5
On 8/19/2022 at 1:53 PM, Weeklydcc said:

I liked the original pic, but closer up her body is scary skinny.  The DCC are allowing a few more voluptuous women now - Claire and Kelee for example.  So maybe V should focus on healthy eating and exercise instead of overdoing it.

Not everyone is lucky enough to gain some extra weight that spreads evenly around the body. It often seems to gather and stick to a very specific area like belly or thighs.

It’s my guess that Victoria is one of those unlucky ones where extra weight immediately sticks to the stomach area. And all of the DCC uniforms highlight the stomach area. So, I’m guessing she’s trying to take no risk at all.

• Love 5

Groups so far (not including rookies):

Group 1: Caroline, Chandi

Group 2: Jalyn, Kat

Group 3: Kelcey, Claire, Dani (I think), Tori

Group 4: Ashlee, McKenzie, Marissa, Darian, Kleine, Christina

Armani is in group 1 or 2

4 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Group 4 is Ashlee McKenzie  Marissa Christina darian kliene kaydianna karley and Kayla 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

Group 2 includes Lea, Sophie and Kally. I saw Victoria is in Group 2 on fb but not confirmed. I think Megan and Armani are in group 2 as well

Dani is in group 1 as confirmed on her comment on Caroline’s post and I think Jensen is too 

I think Kelee is in group 3 as she was in a photo in with Kelcey, Claire and Tori from Oxnard. From insta comments Kali and Zhenya are in group 3 too 

Edited by MC123
7 minutes ago, MC123 said:

Group 2 includes Lea, Sophie and Kally. I saw Victoria is in Group 2 on fb but not confirmed. I think Megan and Armani are in group 2 as well

Dani is in group 1 as confirmed on her comment on Caroline’s post and I think Jensen is too 

I think Kelee is in group 3 as she was in a photo in with Kelcey, Claire and Tori from Oxnard 

Kali is in the same group as Tori 

tori made a comment on her page saying I’m so happy we are in the same group 

ashlinn called Caroline our beautiful leader so possibly group 1 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Maybe they wanted some of the taller women next to him, so he wouldn't tower over them so much? 

That’s what I would guess...VK typically would goes for the front row.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

From Rookie Kali's bio

WHAT IS YOUR DANCING BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE?

I started dancing at the age of 14 in a studio, studying Jazz, Contemporary, Tap, and Pointe. In high school I was selected as a member of the Midlothian HS Pantherettes Drill Team, for all 4 years. My Sophomore year, I was selected to serve as a Lieutenant, while my Junior and Senior years, I had the honor of  being the Captain. After high school, I attended Kilgore College where I was chosen as a member of the prestigious Kilgore College Rangerettes. Holding a line member position my freshman year, I was selected as Lieutenant for my Sophomore year. I was also chosen as a member of Industry Dance Company through the Dance Department at Kilgore College.

I'm not a dancer but isn't starting dance at the age of 14 and achieving all this pretty strong? I feel like everyone says "I've started dancing since I was a little girl" but she started later than others.

This is a very big leap of predictions but in three years I can see Kelee getting 1GL as a 5th year with Kali her 2nd leader as a 4th year. Looking at their Insta I think they were some kind of sisters at Kilgore College Rangerettes and both were Lieutenant their softmore year. (Kelcey and Claire also seems to have had some big sister little sister relationship at their college dance team and they are leading the same group so that inspired me this prediction.)

I know three years is far away and we know nothing about these girls plans but I live these college friendships continuing at DCC.

• Love 6
On 8/19/2022 at 7:23 PM, TVaddict2355 said:

So I KNOW DCC has alumni that treat DCC like a sorority and I really hope that the newer alumni bring in a more positive culture to that group. This could totally be false and if it is I will edit this correcting myself.

It looks like the DCC alumni had luncheon in Downtown Dallas today to welcome in the new retiring vets. I was running errands today and I saw Miss 50 yard line Kelsey in all of her beauty. (Seriously, every DCC looks HD amazing all the time. Like not in a cakey coverup way, just glowing gem way! It honestly makes me think about buying all the sponsors stuff to fix me lol) I hope she got invited and just had other commitments but, based on the time and place I was, I doubt she went to this luncheon. I would hate to think she wasn’t invited but I also know from other’s past experiences that the spirit of DCC can be very 80s/90s sorority girls vibes.

Kelsey went to Alexis bridal shower 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 8/19/2022 at 12:27 PM, Lynnbo said:

This link shows some of the girls I was hoping would make this year’s team or at least tcc. (Though I don’t think this necessarily shows their best, I’ve seen them all in other clips and generally enjoy their dancing.) I don’t know if Natalie Hillman tried out though his year, but I have followed her for some time and vaguely remember her trying out before.  Melanie Montalvo is super cute, pretty sure she did try out, and of course there is my favorite Bre, and Ariana 

I am a huge fan of Bre and Ariana! I still have not accepted that Bre didn’t get invited back to TCC this year. 

• Love 7
On 8/19/2022 at 2:27 PM, Lynnbo said:

If you check out the stories and most recent post, it looks like Melanie just made the Allen Americans Ice Angels!
https://www.instagram.com/allen_iceangels/

Based on social media, TCC and former Ice Angel Alyssa was assisting at auditions with some other alumni from the team. And DCC Lisa is now their assistant director!

Edited to add: Also saw former DCC Kelsey L (also an Ice Angel alum) on IG stories from auditions!

Edited by ...And5678
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 5

Anyone know what’s happened to Ashlee? The dcc current insta post with what looks like the all stars (and unless I am wrong the brunette closest to us is Lacey’s head/faceetc or it is khalyn). In the comments of that post someone commented that ‘you are all doing Ashlee wrong’ and someone else asked about it and the reply was ‘just been robbed you know what I mean’

18 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Anyone know what’s happened to Ashlee? The dcc current insta post with what looks like the all stars (and unless I am wrong the brunette closest to us is Lacey’s head/faceetc or it is khalyn). In the comments of that post someone commented that ‘you are all doing Ashlee wrong’ and someone else asked about it and the reply was ‘just been robbed you know what I mean’

Position in the triangle is what they see talking abt

56 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Oh my gosh. I can't believe people put those opinions on Instagram. That's just so immature when the girls may see it and get hurt. 

Putting your opinion negative opinions onInstagram is different from putting it here or some facebook group or reddit. People should understand that.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Position in the triangle is what they see talking abt

Hope I don’t get massacred here but really? People are this up in arms bc Ashley didn’t get point? Is she beautiful, yes, does she have power & pop, yes but so do many others. If Ashley were named point I’d be thrilled but she wasn’t. I don’t care for Caroline but whatev she’s point, if she is, with Kelsey, if she is. People are taking this a little too far. Why does Ashley deserve it anymore than anyone else? Not being a smart ads I’d like to know please… 

• Love 15

As most of you know by now my beautiful fiancé Zhenya Kolpakova made it into the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders! I’m so incredibly proud of her! What’s more amazing is what it took to get to this point and what she had to overcome – truly unbelievable.

We found out back in May, on Friday the 13th, that she made it through the first round of auditions for DCC at her sister’s graduation in College Station, and we were ecstatic! Unfortunately, a few hours later right before midnight Zhenya was in a horrific accident involving a fire that caused 2nd and 3rd degree burns on her face, neck, hands, and legs. It was the most traumatic experience of our lives and something we will never forget. We rushed her to the hospital and once there the doctors determined she needed a critical burn unit and transported her overnight to Dallas. We had no idea the extent of her injuries, if she would permanently be scarred on her face, or even be able to dance again. We were all devastated.

Trying out for DCC has been such an inspiration for her during this time. Zhenya was born in Ukraine and immigrated here when she was 13. Her family and friends are still there and when the war broke out the only thing that has brought her some happiness and distraction has been this goal. To seemingly lose it all hours after learning you were one of a handful of girls out of nearly a thousand to make it through to training camp was awful.

We stayed at Parkland hospital burn unit for around 10 days as she was treated by the great staff. I reached out to everyone DCC related in Zhenya’s contacts and everyone in the organization was so helpful and kind! They went out of their way to check in on her and make sure that she was doing well. However, she still had to be medically cleared to continue try outs. We stayed there with her, helping her clean her burns constantly, painfully move as skin regrew, and learn to walk again. Amazingly we made it through with still no idea if she would scar or if she could continue on with DCC. The next round of tryouts were only 21 days away, which was exactly 1 month after she was burned. No one knew if she could possibly heal in time, especially since her knees were the worst suffering 3rd degree burns. At home we regularly moved around and kept the skin healing while bending so it wouldn’t scar or become inelastic while also keeping her wrapped up. Incredibly, she progressed enough to slowly start dancing at home and eventually enough to learn the dances. It was truly a miracle.

She went to tryouts with leg wraps on, singed hair, and barely any eyebrows but she MADE IT through to finals! She had to perform a solo and group routines, including high kicks. From there she continued through the months long finals process to finally be selected as one of the DCCs!

She has been through so much this year, and I am so proud of her. I still can’t believe that these pictures of her burned are just from 3 months ago! The body is incredible, and you can overcome anything with the right mindset and never giving up. I love you Zhenya!

https://www.facebook.com/preston.wood.9/posts/pfbid02yi5gtBkDxpsL6KfTGQTnD8rDYjx47nCtFDikKrcyvw2ETD3NwPHQTTceCEJZ18wal

Has Pictures of Zhenya in burns so don't click the link if you don't like to see them.

Edited by Kamal
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Oh my gosh. I can't believe people put those opinions on Instagram. That's just so immature when the girls may see it and get hurt. 

Putting your opinion negative opinions onInstagram is different from putting it here or some facebook group or reddit. People should understand that.

Completely agree. Over the years I may have posted here about which DCC I liked or didn’t but I would never in a million years go to one of their personal pages and spew negativity at them. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Kamal said:

https://www.facebook.com/preston.wood.9/posts/pfbid02yi5gtBkDxpsL6KfTGQTnD8rDYjx47nCtFDikKrcyvw2ETD3NwPHQTTceCEJZ18wal

Has Pictures of Zhenya in burns so don't click the link if you don't like to see them.

This story is amazing! I teared up reading the whole post. I picked Zhenya as a favorite just by her instagram profile and dancing clips. Now she is definitely solidified as a favorite among  favorites. I hope she has the DCC journey she dreams of.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Survivor197 said:

I am a huge fan of Bre and Ariana! I still have not accepted that Bre didn’t get invited back to TCC this year. 

I was totally underwhelmed by Bre in training camp last year--but in the videos I've seen of her in prep classes since then, she's been impressive and eye-catching and fun in her performance. I wonder what happened in auditions?? That may remain one of those eternal DCC mysteries, like why LSU Caitlin (?) didn't make training camp. 

Who was the Lakers Girl who auditioned this year? Did she make the team? Not sure why I feel like she maybe got cut early? 

Excited for Kylie's comeback! I wasn't sure she'd make it, just based on the auditions photos. She looked cute but clunky in them as far as some of her body lines went, so I'm glad she polished it up. She seems like she would be a great team member.

I'm eager for more performance videos! I want to see my fave vets up front and how the new vets are doing. Checking out the new rookies comes third on that list--since, ya know, we know nothing about them and I have less investment in them than the vets I've watched on the show. I am so hoping that they do something real with all that footage they shot this summer! Gonna put faith in Kelli's perseverance that she won't let it go until she makes something happen. Give us a documentary about this summer and football season with the collected footage and gear up for a new Netflix or some such series starting next training camp! I'm just saying.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, allitator said:

Great! I just hadn’t seen the article posted so I thought others might want to read it, too. 

The article is based on a series of podcasts (8) called "America's Girls". If you haven't listened to them look them up on Spotify or Podbean. Well worth the listen.

• Love 6

For those who can't access the FB link, the scoop on Zhenya is that just a few hours after finding out she made it through the first round of additions, she was in an accident that caused 2nd and 3rd degree burns on her face, neck, hands and legs.  There are quite a few pics in his post of her in the hospital, doing rehab, etc.  Some are a graphic, as @Kamal said.  She was in the burn unit at Parkland for TEN DAYS.  

The DCC org stayed in touch with her the whole time, and she had to be medically cleared to go through the next round...which was only one month from the accident.  So she went through auditions with her legs wrapped (that had to be so painful!), singed hair, no eyebrows, etc.  

The other interesting bit in his post (which is truly lovely and worth the read if you can access FB) is that she came to the US from the Ukraine when she was 13, and as she still has friends and family there, trying out (and making) the DCC has been a huge bright spot for her.  

Anyway, amazing story about her recovery, and she sounds like a remarkable woman!  

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, Kamal said:

This 👏🏼
I’m wondering if that was why Tyra deactivated (or deleted) her IG account…she had posted a photo of her & her boyfriend & some person had to make a negative comment about her…total B.S….but what could I do…become another keyboard warrior 🤷🏻‍♂️ I do hope she comes back though.

• Sad 1
  • Love 4

I'm over hearing Ashlee was robbed.  Other girls deserve point just as much as she did and I have felt for the last 4-5 months Ashlee has been promoting herself nonstop on her instagram.  The title of Ms. Cheerleader that seems bought.  You cannot find where there was any nomination, pageant or whatever.  She posts videos with her and Armani dancing non stop but they aren't dances that translate into DCC.  She reposts any tweet or comment that mentions she should be point and lately she labeled herself "Showstopper" under her own instagram.  WE had to see again her little story on people begging her to say if they are trying out.  Which most of them are asked that.  Sorry she is losing me with her loving her own press.  Carolyn and Kelcey are better trained and are also dynamic dancers.  People wondered last year why Carolyn was so far back and now want to complain she's front and center.  I've been watching the old seasons and the bubble and last year's camp Carolyn is always the one they are using to teach the struggling dancers and have them learn from her.  She was the gold standard in the bubble dancer off.    Kelcey was considered clean, sexy, and one of the best in her rookie class.  Ashlee was struggling some in the bubble training camp on the field.  I was shocked to see it but it was there.

Yes I believe she can bring it but she is not the one I would necessarily trust to not make mistakes.  And I just saw a video on one of the Facebook pages it looked like they had tried Ashlee as point for some dance.  So they did look at her.  Sorry this may be an unpopular option but I may have thought different before Ashlee decided she was the best of the best.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I'm over hearing Ashlee was robbed.  Other girls deserve point just as much as she did and I have felt for the last 4-5 months Ashlee has been promoting herself nonstop on her instagram.  The title of Ms. Cheerleader that seems bought.  You cannot find where there was any nomination, pageant or whatever.  She posts videos with her and Armani dancing non stop but they aren't dances that translate into DCC.  She reposts any tweet or comment that mentions she should be point and lately she labeled herself "Showstopper" under her own instagram.  WE had to see again her little story on people begging her to say if they are trying out.  Which most of them are asked that.  Sorry she is losing me with her loving her own press.  Carolyn and Kelcey are better trained and are also dynamic dancers.  People wondered last year why Carolyn was so far back and now want to complain she's front and center.  I've been watching the old seasons and the bubble and last year's camp Carolyn is always the one they are using to teach the struggling dancers and have them learn from her.  She was the gold standard in the bubble dancer off.    Kelcey was considered clean, sexy, and one of the best in her rookie class.  Ashlee was struggling some in the bubble training camp on the field.  I was shocked to see it but it was there.

Yes I believe she can bring it but she is not the one I would necessarily trust to not make mistakes.  And I just saw a video on one of the Facebook pages it looked like they had tried Ashlee as point for some dance.  So they did look at her.  Sorry this may be an unpopular option but I may have thought different before Ashlee decided she was the best of the best.

You aren't wrong. I wanted Ashlee for point for awhile, but there were other contenders just as equally deserving. I really thought it would be Caroline/Ashlee, but Kelcey is also amazing and admirable and not less deserving. Ashlee's behavior on social media immediately after the last playoff games alluded to her retiring, then suddenly Gina retires, and Ashlee decides to stay. I still think Ashlee is phenomenal and fun to watch, but it seemed like she was on the fence about even coming back. Did the idea of point sway her the other way?

Point didn't become a huge deal until Kashara got named when Jenna was demoted. It didn't really become about seniority until the Amy/Maddie year, Amy being the only 5th year vet on the team. Nicole H., Crystal, Kashara, were all points that got it on their 3rd year over more senior vets.  

I personally like the most dynamic dancers at other key places in the triangle, they can add their own sass on the side without worrying about lines and leading the group. I think Marissa, Claire, etc. shine in spots like these. 

• Love 10

I’m my personal opinion Ashlee is one of the better dancers on the squad. She’s got enough pop like Gina. And I see having Caroline as point after Gina just like how they went from Kashara to Amy. Amy was great but was never point worth imo, she however was like able and a great teammate and maybe Caroline is too(I think she was ROTY). I know race shouldn’t have anything to do with positions in the triangle but I’m glad Ashlee is in front triangle because representation does matter.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 8/19/2022 at 5:01 PM, StellaCL said:

I noticed Bre more than Ariana, but they are both so good.

I will be so annoyed if Bre doesn't make it to TC next year (if she tries out again).
Ariana is not my favorite, so I have no opinion of her returning. 

Melanie needs to sharpen up to be DCC style, but it is hard to judge by one video. She could just be having fun, or trying to be more relaxed, or tired. Who knows. 

They pan off Natalie the most in this video. She seems good and can keep up next to Bre and Ariana, but she is more of a blender in this clip.

Melanie just made the Allen Ice Angels. Happy for her.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChkZqnlLvgA/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Love 4
4 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Point didn't become a huge deal until Kashara got named when Jenna was demoted. It didn't really become about seniority until the Amy/Maddie year, Amy being the only 5th year vet on the team. Nicole H., Crystal, Kashara, were all points that got it on their 3rd year over more senior vets.  

> Point didn't become a huge deal until..

That is about the show and the fans interest.

I'm no dancer but I bet point has ALWAYS been a big thing among the girls. If I was a dancer on the NFL being point would be a dream.

• Love 12