Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

The gal you have listed as zhenya I think is this gal aly I could be wrong tho 

ED3435B4-2BDC-470B-A39D-048048D321F0.jpeg

Personally, I think it's Zhenya because i have been stalking her IG and some of her facial angles in her pics line up to the photo and that's how I came to the conclusion that it was her. But who knows? I could be wrong.

She doesn't post on her IG as much as others and the girl in the photo also had her knees bandaged up. Maybe she's going through an injury? There's also a picture of her doing the kicks but without holding on to the other girls. 

DSC_8929-scaled.jpg

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Personally, I think it's Zhenya because i have been stalking her IG and some of her facial angles in her pics line up to the photo and that's how I came to the conclusion that it was her. But who knows? She doesn't post on her IG as much as others and the girl in the photo also had her knees bandaged up. Maybe she's going through an injury? There's also a picture of her doing the kicks but without holding on to the other girls. 

Your probably right 

• Love 1
On 6/21/2022 at 11:37 PM, StellaCL said:

I am trying to understand why they would have this iron fist of secrecy if there is no show this season. It’s so tiring. Just let the fans know there is no MTT for this year and promote the DCC and TCC through social media avenues 😞

It's so wild because they could just film the show like normal and just post it on YouTube and it would probably get more viewership than it did on tv. More views = appearing on more homepages = WAY bigger audience. I just hope they don't leave us hanging. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Personally, I think it's Zhenya because i have been stalking her IG and some of her facial angles in her pics line up to the photo and that's how I came to the conclusion that it was her. But who knows? I could be wrong.

She doesn't post on her IG as much as others and the girl in the photo also had her knees bandaged up. Maybe she's going through an injury? There's also a picture of her doing the kicks but without holding on to the other girls. 

DSC_8929-scaled.jpg

am i the only one obsessed with their tan shade? they all look amazing lol.

• Like 2

Jada's kicks are impeccable! And she looked fantastic in a solo shot I saw, too--excellent form and lots of power in even a still shot. She just gets better each year.

If there's going to be no show, I hope to be able to rely on Tyra's videos and that she does more of them! She said she was doing it to document for herself this time in her life, so maybe she'll do extras knowing there is/may be no show this season.  I'm feeling really disappointed not to get to watch this training camp and which leaders get their time in the spotlights. The vets I expect to get GL and points have been some of my favorites since their rookie seasons. So bummed not to see them as up close this season, but I wish them all the best and that they get to perform their hearts out.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

Right?!?! Now I really wanna know what the “a lot more” was in Tara’s office call saga🤐🐸🤷🏻‍♂️

Apparently, Tara and Savannah took the squad calendar and wrote comments about the other girls. I'm guessing they weren't nice comments. Taylor found out and called them out on it. Savannah apologized but Tara didn't so she was on the outs with the girls. But I'm not 100% sure I'm believing that because after Tara was cut, they all went to Ihop with her at like 2am to support her. So something isn't adding up.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, dfwxo said:

VK looks good 😍 Good for her rising above a lot. And JADA🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯 Amazing I’m shook

I didn't expect to see Victoria so bent when kicking... and also with a flexed foot.  I would hate to have to kick next to Jada who has some of the best kicks that I've seen. 🧐

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Is it me, or does VK seem to collapse her upper body to her kicking leg?  She always looks hunched when kicking.

She is ...but  Maddie was bad about that as well.  Her kicks were not pretty and I was always amazed that she never got called out on them... at least Victoria's are passable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

This is a theory of mine but at a glance it looks like the girls that have their solo photos posted are maybe the girls that supposedly made it to training camp? I'd have to double check and make sure but so far the girls that I have seen are rumored training camp candidates. 

Alyssa
Zhenya
Eden
Kayla G
Kylie
Kayla H
VK

VK wearing the same solo outfit as years past I see lol.   Just a lighter blue color this time.  😴

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

VK wearing the same solo outfit as years past I see lol.   Just a lighter blue color this time.  😴

In past seasons Kelli accused some girls of hiding weight by wearing baggy outfits. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I didn't expect to see Victoria so bent when kicking... and also with a flexed foot.  I would hate to have to kick next to Jada who has some of the best kicks that I've seen. 🧐

I’m not talking about her kick. I’m talking about her body lol she physically looks good and pretty. Especially when people are always “wow she’s fat milkshakes” and now “scary thin.” Poor girl lmao. She looks good. And yeah Jada’s kicks😍😍 It’s NFL Cheerleading and specifically the brand of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders which she actually conveys very well(now) despite peoples personal opinions/projections. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

What abt seconds 

Word on the street is Chandi and Claire are sure things. I'm not posting "official" confirmation cause source is not one I regularly use.

No mention of the other two slots. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

Victoria does look exceedingly thin. To quote the infamous Chelsea, that weight is not maintainable. I hope she isn't starving herself to stay that thin. 

With the DCC likely being sparse eaters, has there ever been a cheerleader that got light headed, passed out, or became ill during a game itself, sidelines or centerfield?  How do they not?

7 hours ago, M1977G said:

Jada's kicks are impeccable! And she looked fantastic in a solo shot I saw, too--excellent form and lots of power in even a still shot. She just gets better each year.

If there's going to be no show, I hope to be able to rely on Tyra's videos and that she does more of them! She said she was doing it to document for herself this time in her life, so maybe she'll do extras knowing there is/may be no show this season.  I'm feeling really disappointed not to get to watch this training camp and which leaders get their time in the spotlights. The vets I expect to get GL and points have been some of my favorites since their rookie seasons. So bummed not to see them as up close this season, but I wish them all the best and that they get to perform their hearts out.

Don't give up yet. There's been no announcement but we wouldn't be seeing anything yet during any season. The program only shows from about October so still a chance that we might get some footage.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dfwxo said:

I’m not talking about her kick. I’m talking about her body lol she physically looks good and pretty. Especially when people are always “wow she’s fat milkshakes” and now “scary thin.” Poor girl lmao. She looks good. And yeah Jada’s kicks😍😍 It’s NFL Cheerleading and specifically the brand of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders which she actually conveys very well(now) despite peoples personal opinions/projections. 

I know you weren't referring to her kick... that was my reference.  Body wise ... she looks fine and I think the angles make her look thinner.  She looked fine in her solo shots as well. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LunaValerion said:

1st Group Leaders: 

Caroline, Ashlee, Jalyn, Kelcey

Just as I had hoped for. Although I was torn between Chandi and Kelcey for that last spot. I am satisfied. Now for 2nd group leaders, personally I would choose Claire, Chandi and McKenzie. Pretty sure that they'll put Kat as a 2nd GL though....and I sincerely hope that they don't give VK a 2nd GL spot. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Just as I had hoped for. Although I was torn between Chandi and Kelcey for that last spot. I am satisfied. Now for 2nd group leaders, personally I would choose Claire, Chandi and McKenzie. Pretty sure that they'll put Kat as a 2nd GL though....and I sincerely hope that they don't give VK a 2nd GL spot. 

Those 3 would be my picks, too, but I'd prefer Darian to be the 4th one.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

56 minutes ago, ClassicPegg said:

Those 3 would be my picks, too, but I'd prefer Darian to be the 4th one.

Considering they may lose all the current 4th and 5th years in the 2023 season, I hope whoever the pick for 2GLs are ones that will be willing to stick around for their 4th year. (Exception for Victoria, I don't think she should be a GL immediately after returning from a one year absence).

I see Claire staying because she has such a good chance at point, and probably Marissa as well. But I am not sure about any of the other 3rd years, will they go past year 3 or not?

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 6/17/2022 at 5:33 AM, EricaShadows said:

That makes sense, but they can still get cut though Kelli will NEVER cut Victoria for ANY reason.

Ah but she did! In her first year, though Kelli made it look like it was the hardest decision she'd ever had to make.

And for what it's worth: I have a very strong feeling that Victoria's departure  was actually Kelli saying "Either you take a break and sort yourself out or we WILL cut you."   No, I don't have proof but we all know how often Victoria crossed the line and embarrassed herself and others. There's a limit to everything for everyone. And Kelli loves Victoria, but her love for the DCC is way bigger. Also, being a DCC was Victoria's (and her mothers) biggest dream. It's all she ever wanted. So a break for personal reasons?? No, just plain No. And yes, of course she'll have another chance, and another, and another....

4 hours ago, Blue hues said:

With the DCC likely being sparse eaters, has there ever been a cheerleader that got light headed, passed out, or became ill during a game itself, sidelines or centerfield?  How do they not?

Yes, Bridget passed out during a training session, just after the jump split. Allegedly because she hadn't eaten. Kelli was pretty pissed about it and showed very little concern or compassion for Bridget.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, AEJ79 said:

Apparently, Tara and Savannah took the squad calendar and wrote comments about the other girls. I'm guessing they weren't nice comments. Taylor found out and called them out on it. Savannah apologized but Tara didn't so she was on the outs with the girls. But I'm not 100% sure I'm believing that because after Tara was cut, they all went to Ihop with her at like 2am to support her. So something isn't adding up.

Taylor(?)

I’m sorry…having a senior moment & I’m too lazy to look up a Taylor 🫠

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

Ah but she did! In her first year, though Kelli made it look like it was the hardest decision she'd ever had to make.

That's true, but it was after Kelli gave every excuse in the book as to why she should stay, nearly called Jinelle a liar (despite Victoria lying to Kelli's face) and a whole host of other things that any one of which would have gotten any other girl cut, but Kelli tried every possible thing to put Victoria on the team.  For Kelli, it WAS one of the hardest decisions she had to make (short of deciding when to retire and who to recommend up for her place).

2 hours ago, LilyD said:

And for what it's worth: I have a very strong feeling that Victoria's departure  was actually Kelli saying "Either you take a break and sort yourself out or we WILL cut you."   No, I don't have proof but we all know how often Victoria crossed the line and embarrassed herself and others. There's a limit to everything for everyone. And Kelli loves Victoria, but her love for the DCC is way bigger. Also, being a DCC was Victoria's (and her mothers) biggest dream. It's all she ever wanted. So a break for personal reasons?? No, just plain No. And yes, of course she'll have another chance, and another, and another....

See Victoria's first time through Training Camp as to why Kelli will give her every possible chance and opportunity but never make her face the consequences of her actions.  I wouldn't be surprised if Victoria did something Kelli found reprehensible enough to "force" her to take a break from the team, but not enough that it was illegal or would get her jail time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Group leaders 

1 Caroline/Chandi 

2 jalyn/Kat 

3 Ashlee/McKenzie 

4 kelcey/Claire 

I knew McKenzie would be a second because she was ROTY! I'm surprised Jalyn is ahead of Ashlee

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

I knew McKenzie would be a second because she was ROTY! I'm surprised Jalyn is ahead of Ashlee

Oh wait, the group numbers mean something? I always thought it had to do with specific group position on the field, not a ranking of the GLs. If that is the case, are the 2nd GLs also ranked, or just matched with best fit?

Shocked Cosmo Kramer GIF

• Love 1

I don't think the group number means anything . It may have in the past, but nowadays they divide the ladies amongst the groups pretty evenly in terms of ability, etc. I don't think, correct me if I'm wrong, that group 1 is more important than 2, etc.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

I don't think the group number means anything . It may have in the past, but nowadays they divide the ladies amongst the groups pretty evenly in terms of ability, etc. I don't think, correct me if I'm wrong, that group 1 is more important than 2, etc.

The groups would look very lopsided if they grouped them by ability (as in best=group 1). It makes more sense to evenly distribute according to ability, looks (got to have that "bouquet"), etc.

It would be possible to number the groups based on what they think of the individual group leaders, but after that it wouldn't look good to put all the best in group one, 2nd best in group 2, etc. You need an even distribution.

• Like 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

The groups would look very lopsided if they grouped them by ability (as in best=group 1). It makes more sense to evenly distribute according to ability, looks (got to have that "bouquet"), etc.

It would be possible to number the groups based on what they think of the individual group leaders, but after that it wouldn't look good to put all the best in group one, 2nd best in group 2, etc. You need an even distribution.

That’s not what I mean. Of course group 1 isn’t the best all around. The groups are evenly dispersed. I am just talking about first group leaders here.

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Yeah the group leaders are ranked - which is why Kelcey is #4 

Second leaders are just who fits best

But it's become one of those things that's more so ranked on seniority right? As opposed to best performer.

So, in S13, Lacey, the only 5th year, was GL1, while Kashara, who was going into her 2nd year as point, was GL2. But then there's also situations like Gina and Lexie both being 5th years, so Gina gets point and Lexie gets GL1.

Also, did I misunderstand or isn't there also a DCC tradition where GL3 goes to someone who's never served as a group leader before? So, if there were three returning group leaders and one new leader, the new leader would actually be GL3 not GL4. I can't remember the last time they've had three returning group leaders (not including second leaders who may have been promoted), so not sure if this can be verified... I thought I remembered Tess saying something about this in one of the podcasts.

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Group leaders 

1 Caroline/Chandi 

2 jalyn/Kat 

3 Ashlee/McKenzie 

4 kelcey/Claire 

It makes me really happy to see Kelcey and Claire paired together as group leaders. I'm pretty sure they were the Husker Scarlets' (UNL dance team) equivalent of boot buddies in their one year together at UNL. So, they go way back ❤

It also makes me kind of sad that we won't get to see Kat's reaction to getting 2nd leader. I know she would be so excited and the team would be so excited for her.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

Ok guys... here is my proof!

2016: Jennifer was G1 (the favorite) over girls with more seniority

2017: GL1 was Jenna (6th year). GL2 was Jinelle (5th year). GL3 was Lacey (4th year). GL4 was Kashara (3rd year).

2018: GL1 was Lacey (5th year). GL2 was Kashara (previously a GL). GL3 was Amy (4th year). GL4 was Maddie (3rd year).

2019: GL1 was Amy (5th year). GL2 was Maddie (previously a GL). GL3 was Heather (stronger dancer than Tess). GL4 was Tess.

2020: GL1 was Maddie (favored more than Heather). GL2 was Heather (previously a GL). GL3 and GL4 were Lexie and Gina (4th years).

2021: GL1 and GL2 were Lexie and Gina (5th years). GL3 was Rachel (favored more than Caroline). GL4 was Caroline (4th year).

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Ok guys... here is my proof!

2017: GL1 was Jenna (6th year). GL2 was Jinelle (5th year). GL3 was Lacey (4th year). GL4 was Kashara (3rd year).

2018: GL1 was Lacey (5th year). GL2 was Kashara (previously a GL). GL3 was Amy (4th year). GL4 was Maddie (3rd year).

2019: GL1 was Amy (5th year). GL2 was Maddie (previously a GL). GL3 was Heather (stronger dancer than Tess). GL4 was Tess.

2020: GL1 was Maddie (favored more than Heather). GL2 was Heather (previously a GL). GL3 and GL4 were Lexie and Gina (4th years).

2021: GL1 and GL2 were Lexie and Gina (5th years). GL3 was Rachel (favored more than Caroline). GL4 was Caroline (4th year).

Heather wasn’t on the team in 2020 that was Covid year group leader we’re Maddie Lexie Gina Tess 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Group leaders 

1 Caroline/Chandi 

2 jalyn/Kat 

3 Ashlee/McKenzie 

4 kelcey/Claire 

I'm 100% fine with these pairings/groups. It's interesting that all will be on SG (I doubt they'll drop any of them) so that's half of SG gone already!

• Love 1

I'm happy with who was chosen as the Group Leaders (just not the order) and Second leaders except Kat... I would have rather seen Darian or Armani.   I just think Kat is too spastic, personality wise, to be an effective second leader (maybe she will prove me wrong). Other than that, I think they are paired off well.  I would have changed the order and put Ashlee as Gr. 1, Caroline, Gr.2  and Jalyn, Gr. 3.  That being said, it's also, more than likely, Kat's final season plus tptb (aka Charlotte) love her so she was going to get some kind of leader position, whether she has the chops for it or not. I don't dislike her but she is definitely not one of my faves. 

• Love 5

I have felt like Group 1 was the group with the best leader & some but not all of the strong dancers.  They did the Plaza dances & small group TV dances when show group wasn’t needed.

As to did anyone become it, a rookie became ill  & left the field to vomit as the were practicing the morning of the first game. No eating or drinking of any hydrating fluids. Definitely a rookie mistake.  It is like starting out on a long trip without putting gas in the car.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

As to did anyone become it, a rookie became ill  & left the field to vomit as the were practicing the morning of the first game. No eating or drinking of any hydrating fluids. Definitely a rookie mistake.  It is like starting out on a long trip without putting gas in the car.

huh?

2 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I have felt like Group 1 was the group with the best leader & some but not all of the strong dancers.  They did the Plaza dances & small group TV dances when show group wasn’t needed.

I recall Ann Lux getting  sick on the field during reheasal in season 5. I remember Kelli telling Crystal to take her off the field.

• Love 1

First the first episode of the show on CMT I was seriously invested in the girls and kept up with everything.  This year I've tried to stay invested but feel as though there is nothing to be invested in.  I hope TPTB are pleased with all the petty secretiveness and the probability of losing long time fans.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11

I wonder if show group will still be a thing after the cancelation of the show.

I feel like for trivial group performances they just send girls who are available at the moment or send the reliable dancers. The last time I remember a "show group performance" was a little over a year ago where there was a big white curtain falling down. Everyone from the 2020 show group (plus McKenzie, minus Claire and Viktoria) were there if I remember correctly. After that I don't remember the 16 member show group to actually matter. I feel like when they need strong dancers they send the GL and 2GLs but when it can be anyone they just send the person available.

So I think that after the uso tours were over, SG just became a reality show content for MTT and without the show this year show group doesn't really matter.

Can I insider tell me the significance of show group please?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I always thought the Group 1 GL was considered the captain of the squad who is sometimes point and sometimes not. And if GL 1 wasn’t point, GL2 was. Jalyn would make an interesting point, if only because I don’t think there’s been a redhead point. #Emmawasrobbed 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Group leaders 

1 Caroline/Chandi 

2 jalyn/Kat 

3 Ashlee/McKenzie 

4 kelcey/Claire 

HOLY GUACAMOLE I 100% PREDICTED THIS!!!! (although in the wrong positions)

I had Caroline and Chandi in Group 1. I remember ultimately choosing Kelcey over Chandi for 1st GL cause Kelcey has more experience in show group than Chandi. 

I had Ashlee and Kat in Group 2. This one I am surprised about cause I thought that Ashlee would have been a shoo in for Group 2, since she was the 2nd GL for Group 2 last year. Maybe they didn't want her to do Group 2 again? Very weird. 

I had Jalyn and McKenzie in Group 3. And then Kelcey and Claire in Group 4. 

I had visuals and everything, but I ended up deleting it because I thought no one would care. I also did a predictions visual for showgroup.

Dang it I need to voice my predictions next time, no matter how random or stupid they sound at the time lol. 

• Like 2
  • Love 10