Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

(edited)

Maybe their media department is putting together an announcement video or maybe they are just waiting until the end of training camp for the team announcement. So they will package it all together and do like a YouTube mini-series type thing. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 1

I'm not heartbroken, sad or even angry. Just a feeling a mixture of resignation and bewilderment. There is no TV show. There are no "insiders." Does secrecy really mean this much to Kelli? Just give us a little photo. Doesn't have to be all bells and whistles. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Maybe their media department is putting together an announcement video or maybe they are just waiting until the end of training camp for the team announcement.

I really hope their media department is finally rid of that creepy perv Shannon Gross (appropriate name ) who was always giving them social media tips . “ if I don’t know you in real life , you are not my fb friend “ BS , this guy would be in random womens DM’s , fraternizing with a few DCC of past , and all around known in the DFW area as being an arrogant perv . He has no place working with women at all ! A lot of women out there know first hand  

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 2

I'm so bored waiting or something to be announced that these are my theories on who made it to TC (not including last year TCC or Victoria). This is purely on looking at a number of DCC instas and who they have recently followed. 

Myah Pollard
AshleA
Ariana McClure
Alyssa Barkin
Zhenya Kolpakova
Eden Ryder
Sophy Lulaufer
Karley Swindel
Marissa Phillips
Kayla Garcia
Taylor Alteiri
Dasie Larson
Janie Ginn
Kally (Ashley W's friend)

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, LunaValerion said:

I'm not heartbroken, sad or even angry. Just a feeling a mixture of resignation and bewilderment. There is no TV show. There are no "insiders." Does secrecy really mean this much to Kelli? Just give us a little photo. Doesn't have to be all bells and whistles. 🤷‍♂️

I need DCCmemes back to poke fun at all this silence and show cancelation. They haven't posted since December. Why have they also left us? 😞

https://www.instagram.com/dccxmemes/

• Love 5
1 hour ago, cgloss said:

This surprises me not at all.

I mean the real question re vk was will she get point (sarcasm) not whether she’d make it back. Obvs she made it back. And before anyone tells me how much she’s improved I don’t care bc her mom is besties with Kelli enough said…

• Like 6
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I mean the real question re vk was will she get point (sarcasm) not whether she’d make it back. Obvs she made it back. And before anyone tells me how much she’s improved I don’t care bc her mom is besties with Kelli enough said…

IMO she is too tall for point.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

If you look at who Dina Donley, Kelli's assistant is recently following its pretty interesting... a few of the speculated girls are NOT following her (like Natalie Hillman) but there is a whole list of girls that she followed one after the other who followed her back that I think are probably the TCC:

• Skylar Smith
  • Marissa Phillips
  • Kayla Hayes
  • Karley Swindel
  • Kali Rochford
  • Eden Ryder
  • Ashlea
  • Ariana McLure
  • Alyssa Barkin
  • Zhenya Kolpakova
  • Taylor Altieri
  • Sophy Lulaufer
  • Kayla Garcia
  • Kally Bethea

Plus any number of the previous TCC who already follow her, my money is on Kylie, Bre, and Mel in TCC at least, although I'm pretty sure Amanda and Kya auditioned (maybe Jordann and Presley?)

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

If you look at who Dina Donley, Kelli's assistant is recently following its pretty interesting... a few of the speculated girls are NOT following her (like Natalie Hillman) but there is a whole list of girls that she followed one after the other who followed her back that I think are probably the TCC:

• Skylar Smith
  • Marissa Phillips
  • Kayla Hayes
  • Karley Swindel
  • Kali Rochford
  • Eden Ryder
  • Ashlea
  • Ariana McLure
  • Alyssa Barkin
  • Zhenya Kolpakova
  • Taylor Altieri
  • Sophy Lulaufer
  • Kayla Garcia
  • Kally Bethea

Plus any number of the previous TCC who already follow her, my money is on Kylie, Bre, and Mel in TCC at least, although I'm pretty sure Amanda and Kya auditioned (maybe Jordann and Presley?)

As long as Alyssa's in TC and makes the team, I am a happy camper :)

(edited)
22 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

As long as Alyssa's in TC and makes the team, I am a happy camper :)

Then you should be happy, if she was the curly haired blonde in the front row at finals.

Edited by Christineelgene
additional info
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kitkatkitty said:

• Skylar Smith
  • Marissa Phillips
  • Kayla Hayes
  • Karley Swindel
  • Kali Rochford
  • Eden Ryder
  • Ashlea
  • Ariana McLure
  • Alyssa Barkin
  • Zhenya Kolpakova
  • Taylor Altieri
  • Sophy Lulaufer
  • Kayla Garcia
  • Kally Bethea

Presley is a definite no, she was elsewhere during finals. Amanda and Mel have both been weirdly quiet. 

20 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

So did Jordann Huppert, from last year’s TC, try out again this year? I see her IG is private. How about Ashley Williams? 🤔🤞🏼

Ashley w didn’t 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, viccib said:

sadly, VK made it into tc but Lisa didn't according to a dcc fan group

Not too surprised.  Even if Lisa was PHENOMENAL, no way would Kelli let another girl steal VK’s comeback, A++ story, and accolades!  I can only imagine the gushing and special treatment VK will get now since there will be no cameras documenting Kelli’s blatant favoritism.  Would love to be a fly on the wall whenever VK is around!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I believe it is Lisa dancing on her IG account recently.  There are two videos.  If that is her, she really looks different. All I can say is that it wasn’t good. She doesn’t look like she is at her best physically or performance-wise.  

• Sad 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

I believe it is Lisa dancing on her IG account recently.  There are two videos.  If that is her, she really looks different. All I can say is that it wasn’t good. She doesn’t look like she is at her best physically or performance-wise.  

Sorry but Lisa wasn't very good to begin with

• Love 7

I see Lisa as a risk if they took her. Her dancing seems stiff since her injury.  It’s sad but her injury was huge. She has taken off nights teaching because of it. 

if the new TCC are great, I could see a few vets being cut at camp.  We all know it’s happen and 4 vets leaving camp last year helped that not happen 

if there isn’t going to be a show, why the secrecy.?

• Love 9
On 6/14/2022 at 10:02 PM, viccib said:

The only person I really want to know about is Bre. 
I would’ve included Mel, but I am thinking she didn’t get to TC. 
Over the secrecy myself. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

The only person I really want to know about is Bre. 
I would’ve included Mel, but I am thinking she didn’t get to TC. 
Over the secrecy myself. 

To my knowledge, neither Mel nor Bre made it to TC.

• Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

I see Lisa as a risk if they took her. Her dancing seems stiff since her injury.  It’s sad but her injury was huge. She has taken off nights teaching because of it. 

I was gonna say…on her IG, she said she had “cervical spine disc replacement” surgery & with all that head tossing & hair flipping, wouldn’t that be a concern? Had the show continued, it would’ve been interesting to see how she performed next to the other women during auditions when they show them on the field & the Jumbotron. 

Edited by bernie2018
  • Like 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bernie2018 said:

I was gonna say…on her IG, she said she had “cervical spine disc replacement” surgery & with all that head tossing & hair flipping, wouldn’t that be a concern? Had the show continued, it would’ve been interesting to see how she performed next to the other women during auditions when they show them on the field & the Jumbotron. 

I had that same surgery. Granted, Lisa is in much better shape than me, but I don't know how the head toss/hair flip would be doable from my own perspective. My surgery was a few years back, but even today, I still have issues with my neck. Although I'm not a fan of hers, I do wish her well. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, bjo1969 said:

I had that same surgery. Granted, Lisa is in much better shape than me, but I don't know how the head toss/hair flip would be doable from my own perspective. My surgery was a few years back, but even today, I still have issues with my neck. Although I'm not a fan of hers, I do wish her well. 

My mom had the same surgery and she still has issues years later 

• Sad 7
2 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

And the jump split...yeah that's gonna be a no.   She was probably invited back to the last round as a courtesy/curiosity to see how she's doing, because I do think leadership liked her.  She's super smart, speaks fluent Spanish, etc.  She wasn't one of my favorite dancers, but I do think she has a lot of power and projection too.  It's always a bummer when people have to stop being a DCC before they're really ready, but particularly when it's injury related.

I also think if the show was still airing they'd definitely milk the sad good bye for her own health and safety for the cameras.  And truly, if we're cutting people like Hannah because they lost their pop and sparkle during the pandemic, or Tara who lost her pop and sparkle in a regular season, you're not going to bring back a DCC who isn't a crowd or locker room favorite who isn't completely on her game either.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Well, I am really angry and depressed about the secrecy.

What the **** do they want?!?
It serves no purpose. None.

Audition time was so great in the past. It made being a DCC fan something special.

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Well, I am really angry and depressed about the secrecy.

What the **** do they want?!?
It serves no purpose. None.

Audition time was so great in the past. It made being a DCC fan something special.

100% agree.  From what fellow DCC fans have shared with me, it's making many of us who have loved this show for years, just not care anymore.

• Like 1
  • Love 10

Ok from a PT perspective on any neck surgery. I deal with this type of rehab pt every single day. Yes Lisa is in super amazing shape and young, but we teach patients not to bend or twist spine, not to bend over more than you would to brush your teeth, nothing that causes rapid movement or even micro vibrations for at least a year. For her own health, it is a really bad idea to dance or do any strenuous activity at dcc level if she doesn't want to reinjure her neck again. Being paralized or in chronic pain is not work another year on a a part time dance team. Cut your loss and move on, Sis. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, Txmomof2 said:

Lisa jusr posted to her Instagram, but basically she isn't totally healed and up to 100%. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce4TUeEO-Gv/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I'm very sad for her, especially after reading this post, but truly...the rest of her life is more important than putting that stress on a healing body.  The jump splits and the neck snaps just won't be worth it in the long run. My totally uneducated opinion, though!  Now that I'm in my 40's, I am definitely feeling the pain of some of my more youthful choices.  The body remembers the damage done in the end, unfortunately.

Edited by kalibean
  • Like 1
  • Love 10