Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

Heh, no , farmgal4, although that probably didn't help. I believe he was in a serious car accident that required facial reconstruction, and might have rearranged some things in his brain.

It's a shame his mouth didn't stay wired shut permanently.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I hope the concert goers get their money back and the venue/organizers sue Kanye for damages. Of all the crap he pulls, this bothers me the most. If people didn't buy tickets to his shows, he would be a nobody. The least he can do is show up on time and give his fans their money's worth. Since Kim and her sisters seem to be into Metallica these days, Kanye should take a page out of their book - those guys play two-hour, high-energy sets, plus frequent encores, and they've been at it for over 30 years. The only time they stopped a show early was when their lead singer got severely burned by a mis-timed pyrotechnic and had to be rushed to the hospital.

Ticketmaster said they will give refunds:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/20/us/kanye-ends-sacramento-show-early/ "Fans offered refund after Kanye rants on politics, cuts show short" Updated 7:15 PM ET, Sun November 20, 2016

From the article:

Yesenia Miranda, from Sacramento, told CNN, "He's very ignorant. People in our city work hard for our money and for him just to do that was disrespectful. Not only did he perform two songs he was also an hour and a half late."

Baylee Poole, a student at California State University, was also disappointed. "Kanye talked about how feelings mattered in his speech but when he left the stage, he left us in the Sacramento crowd confused and frustrated," she told CNN.

Dellan dela Cruz, who said he paid $107 for his ticket, said he was happy to be getting a refund but said, "The damage has already been done when it comes to how some people feel about Kanye now after this performance."

How is Kayne going to have any fans left, if he keeps acting like this? How is Kim able to tolerate living with a raving nutjob like him? Or is she riding the crazy train too?

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

How is Kayne going to have any fans left, if he keeps acting like this? How is Kim able to tolerate living with a raving nutjob like him? Or is she riding the crazy train too?

The Kardashians only know publicity, as long as they're getting it, they don't care. Kim is probably happy that Kanye isn't drooling after Beyonce anymore, she was always second fiddle to Beyonce. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I have no clue what Kanye was like before that car accident but from what I understand he almost died, suffered a brain injury and broke his jaw. I would think the trauma from an accident like that would mess you up in the head.

I don't buy that excuse.His rants are too calculated. It's all attention seeking behavior, maybe Kim is too wrapped up  in her issues and he's feeling neglected. 

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, GaT said:

The Kardashians only know publicity, as long as they're getting it, they don't care. Kim is probably happy that Kanye isn't drooling after Beyonce anymore, she was always second fiddle to Beyonce. 

I don't know, Kim always prided herself on her work ethic and professionalism. She'd never pull these stunts, she's the one who called out Kylie on showing up late for shoots and her diva unprofessionalism. I think it's probably she can't speak to Kanye like she could Kylie.

I want to see Kanye's reaction to the Drake/Taylor/Apple commercial they played tonight during the AMAs. lol I also wonder if Drake's "

watch how you speak on my name" was to Kanye or Kudi or even both?

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Artsda said:

I don't know, Kim always prided herself on her work ethic and professionalism. She'd never pull these stunts, she's the one who called out Kylie on showing up late for shoots and her diva unprofessionalism. I think it's probably she can't speak to Kanye like she could Kylie.

I want to see Kanye's reaction to the Drake/Taylor/Apple commercial they played tonight during the AMAs. lol

True about Kim, but she jumped right into the Taylor Swift feud right quick. Maybe Kanye demanded she show her loyalty, he's been stewing over the JayZ and Beyoncé snubs for a while.

I can't believe though that she's on board with showing up 90 minutes late and stopping after 3 songs. Even Kris is a stickler for professionalism and must cring at shit like that.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

I think it's probably she can't speak to Kanye like she could Kylie.

Yeah, she's a hypocrite in that she lets Kanye get away with stuff she doesn't let anyone else get away with. She has zero tolerance for Rob, Kylie, even Kourtney ("you're not special, sorry"), but she always walks on eggshells around Kanye and everything he does is "genius".

• Love 8

I think the whole Kanye rant was planned & this is some kind of scheme for publicity, or a new video, or who knows what. Maybe it's even linked to Kim somehow. Anyway, this is a video of his rant

When he says "the show's over" (around the 10:50 mark so you don't have to watch the whole thing), the lights immediately go out. No pause, no hesitation, they just go out. Whoever was handling the lights knew he was going to end the show then, it was planned.

• Love 4

Kanye is now more known for his bizarre rants and meltdowns than for his music, so I don’t get why his fans are so shocked and outraged when he displays this very behavior on stage right in front of them. Here’s an idea, Kanye fans: Stop risking your ticket money on possibly disrupted concerts; just buy his music and be happy with that.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Yeah, she's a hypocrite in that she lets Kanye get away with stuff she doesn't let anyone else get away with. She has zero tolerance for Rob, Kylie, even Kourtney ("you're not special, sorry"), but she always walks on eggshells around Kanye and everything he does is "genius".

If you can't speak to your own husband and tell him the damn truth, what kind of marriage do you really  have? They are all just pathetic.

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

If you can't speak to your own husband and tell him the damn truth, what kind of marriage do you really  have? They are all just pathetic.

I doubt these two have very deep conversations about anything. Kim's not much of a thinker and Kanye's not much of a listener.

• Love 8

Kanye just canceled the rest of his Pablo tour, which was supposed to run through New Year's Eve and include numerous cities. What's up with that?

http://www.eonline.com/news/810923/kanye-west-cancels-remaining-saint-pablo-tour-dates

Kanye West Cancels Remaining Saint Pablo Tour Dates, Mon, Nov 21, 2016 10:00 AM

Kanye West abruptly canceled his world tour Monday.

"The remaining dates on the Saint Pablo Tour have been canceled," a rep for West told E! News in a statement. "Tickets will be fully refunded at point of purchase." ... West was next scheduled to perform at the Save Mart Center in Fresno, Calif., Tuesday, with more concerts scheduled in Atlanta, Boston, Brooklyn, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Louisville, Orlando, Philadelphia, Toronto, Washington D.C. and more major cities through New Year's Eve...

• Love 1

Wow and no reason given. Wonder how long Kim will really put up with him. 

I don't blame Ticketmaster or tour promoter if they pulled the plug. Its more work for them when he keeps ending shows 2 songs in and showing up late. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Wow and no reason given. Wonder how long Kim will really put up with him. 

I don't blame Ticketmaster or tour promoter if they pulled the plug. Its more work for them when he keeps ending shows 2 songs in and showing up late. 

And Kimmy left for NYC to attend some kind of tribute to her late father. I guess she's going to emerge from hiding and he's going to withdraw from the public eye ( at least I hope so). Maybe he'll head to Paris and lock himself in some garret and work feverishly on his Yeezy Season 5, or just go stark raving mad and cut off an ear or a finger.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, iwasish said:

I can't believe though that she's on board with showing up 90 minutes late and stopping after 3 songs. Even Kris is a stickler for professionalism and must cring at shit like that.

But isn't irreverence Kanye's schtick?  Crashing (televised) acceptance speeches, hijacking Hurricane Katrina telethon (although that $hit needed to be said), etc.... if he showed up somewhere, performed, behaved, thanked everyone, and left the building, we would have stopped talking about him years ago.

2 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Why does this clown still have fans anyway - the world would be a far better place if people didn't keep falling for narcissistic blowhards.

I think the people who are still his fans are people who can separate a person from their art & like one without liking the other. I'm not a rap fan at all, so it doesn't matter to me either way with Kanye, but if I don't like the person, I don't like their art. I don't watch Mel Gibson movies, I don't listen to Ariana Grande, anything with Jared Leto sends me screaming from the room, & I can't stand Kanye.

• Love 2

I think even die hard fans are going to get tired of crap like this. A 15 minute rant or other antic is fine, but showing up 90 minutes late and then shutting things down, at a make up concert to boot, is pushing it a bit far.

He has no one to blame but himself.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I think even die hard fans are going to get tired of crap like this. A 15 minute rant or other antic is fine, but showing up 90 minutes late and then shutting things down, at a make up concert to boot, is pushing it a bit far.

Hopefully, he suddenly finds that he has to cancel shows not because he went off, but because the venues can no longer sell his tickets.

Unfortunately, though, I wonder if this is just going to increase ticket sales for anything he does in the future, because his fans might actually want to see the crazy first-hand.

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Hopefully, he suddenly finds that he has to cancel shows not because he went off, but because the venues can no longer sell his tickets.

Unfortunately, though, I wonder if this is just going to increase ticket sales for anything he does in the future, because his fans might actually want to see the crazy first-hand.

I had heard that sales of tickets weren't great, so he may be trying to create interest or demand. Or he's gone off the deep end. Or both. 

• Love 1
  • 57 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I had heard that sales of tickets weren't great, so he may be trying to create interest or demand. Or he's gone off the deep end. Or both. 

According to USA Today, BoxScore and Music Times, Kanye sold out all 22 concerts he played this fall, earning 30 million dollars in the process. He even extended the tour until the end of the year, and this with some of the priciest tickets around. This guy has major problems but thus far, concert ticket sales are not among them.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, RoxieBear73 said:

I truly hope that Kanye is okay for his kids sake... I never liked his antics but this is very sad to hear.... Kanye, get well for your kids because they need you 

I hope so too, but I'm always skeptical of celebrities being hospitalized for "exhaustion". If he's exhausted, why not just chill out at home or take a vacation? Either "exhaustion" is code for a mental breakdown (in which case I sincerely feel bad for him), or he's using the hospitalization for publicity.

• Love 7

I thought it was pretty much a known fact that exhaustion in celebrity speak is code for a mental breakdown or drugs/alcohol issues. I think it's just always assumed that the celebrity's publicist doesn't want to say their client had a nervous breakdown, until they decide to reveal it themselves of course and so they use exhaustion. In this case, I think at this point most people realize there is something mentally going on with Kanye. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I hope so too, but I'm always skeptical of celebrities being hospitalized for "exhaustion". If he's exhausted, why not just chill out at home or take a vacation? Either "exhaustion" is code for a mental breakdown (in which case I sincerely feel bad for him), or he's using the hospitalization for publicity.

I believe that he had a meltdown... he tried to do so much and when he couldn't be perfect as he believed he was, it was hard to handle.. I wonder what Kimmy is doing or is she going to fly back home to be with her husband.

When he was blathering about JayZ having killers and asking him not to take him out, I figured he was on the edge. Surprised Kim didn't stick around or maybe she's tired of his drama. We'll see if she rushes home or if she gives him the Rob treatment and tells him to get his act together. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, RoxieBear73 said:

I believe that he had a meltdown... he tried to do so much and when he couldn't be perfect as he believed he was, it was hard to handle.. I wonder what Kimmy is doing or is she going to fly back home to be with her husband.

I just read the Buzzfeed article after I posted (the one I read before on the People website only mentions "exhaustion"), and it sounds like someone called the police due to a "disturbance", and the hospitalization wasn't voluntary? I just hope the kids weren't around when it happened.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I just read the Buzzfeed article after I posted (the one I read before that in People only mentions "exhaustion"), and it sounds like someone called the police due to a "disturbance", and the hospitalization wasn't voluntary? I just hope the kids weren't around when it happened.

I read that he had to be handcuffed and taken into custody (taken to the hospital  

Kourtney and Khloe are on the red carpet for the Angel Ball but no sign of Kim. I'm guessing she ended up going back to LA. He's been getting publicity for days, IMO when you have to be restrained and forced to get a psych evaluation that goes beyond publicity stunt (and very different than celebs who willingly admit themselves for exhaustion) . Its been pretty apparent for a while he has mental problems I think this is someone hitting rock bottom.

• Love 4

I always thought the reason they all ran there for Lamar was that they thought he would die. IIRC TMZ or one of the sites Kris feeds info to said they went to say their goodbyes. In this case Kim being there for her husband and the others seeing their dad honored seems reasonable to me.

• Love 1

Daily Mail is being very dramatic, saying Kayne had a psychotic breakdown:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3957928/Kanye-West-having-nervous-breakdown-Friends-say-stressed-exhausted-star-cancelled-Saint-Pablo-Tour-s-spiraling-control-Kim-leaves-home-East-coast-event.html

"Kanye West is 'handcuffed to a gurney and hospitalized for his own safety after suffering severe sleep deprivation': Friends say 'stressed and exhausted' star canceled Saint Pablo Tour because he's 'spiraling out of control"

...Friends told DailyMail.com the 'breakdown' was triggered by problems in his marriage to Kim Kardashian, paranoia over his rift with Jay Z and his seething jealousy of Beyoncé...

He was allegedly being checked for 'severe sleep deprivation' when it was decided he needed to be admitted. Law enforcement sources confirmed he was hospitalized for his own health and safety.

Sources close to Kanye say he tried to resist being transported to the L.A. hospital and had to be handcuffed to a gurney in transit...

A source close to the rapper told Page Six 'workaholic' Kanye 'often stays up and works for 48 hours at a time' and would call his team at all hours of the night...

So is this a "5150 hold"?

Kayne was nuts to begin with, but if he routinely goes up to 48 hours without sleep, that would make anybody psychotic. Somebody should have insisted he go on meds a long time ago, and some doctor should have counseled him on the importance of sleep. . Repetitive sleep deprivation can cause serious physical illnesses. I wouldn't be surprised if he has very high blood pressure.

The DM article says "Kim flew out of LA on Monday for the East Coast but was nowhere to be seen after the shock news broke."  Wonder if she's flying back to L.A. Also wonder if she's pissed off. This charity event in NY was supposed to be her return to public life. Now she will have to "come out" by giving statements to reporters on Kayne's condition.

Hope North and Saint are okay. Mommy left town and Daddy's in the hospital. Poor kids. I hope they have long-term nannies they love and trust.

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Love 9

On the show they were  commenting that Kanye was always falling asleep at the table or even at public appearances. There were shots of him asleep in various places. 

That bit about staying up 48  or more hours in a row, I've heard that's a symptom of manic behavior. 

These Kardashian girls really know how to pick a mate. 

• Love 4
Just now, iwasish said:

That's something I don't think Kim would tolerate.

Kim may not be aware of his habit(s), if he has any. Also, Kim let's herself be very controlled by Kanye (he decided what she wears for example) - I doubt she has the guts to "not tolerate" a habit and walk away.

• Love 1