Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E09: Collective Memory

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Like with most shows, I wasn’t real clear on the timing of things, but I found it odd that no one seemed to know that the woman was a “Bernie Maddoff-type” and swindled lots of people. Seems like that would have come right up when they pulled her ID.

Edited by DavidWeis1
  • Love 1

Nice epi and it was nice to see Stepfanie Kramer and Director Vance.  Though it didn't seem to hard to figure out that the lawyer was behind it.

Torres being creeped out by the hologram seemed in line with his character but almost everyone else was okay with it.  And of course since we have to deal with character's personal issues, Knight seemed especially affected by it.

3 hours ago, DavidWeis1 said:

I wasn’t real clear on the timing of things, but I found it odd that no one seemed to know that the woman was a “Bernie Maddoff-type” and swindled lots of people. Seems like that would have come right up when they pulled her ID.

It seemed that there were NDAs involved and that she paid off the people involved which might be why it was kept so quiet.

• Useful 1

First time ever I sided with Torres, I thought the hologram creepy AF. Gargoyles on the other hand are cool. And although I would never want to see a hologram of a human I loved and who passed away, I would love to have a holo cat - no kitty litter, no allergy problems. No snuggles either but I'd take it. I wonder if we get to see Mr Belvedere again. And the whole rat-hamster exchange was great. I love the relationship between Kasie and Vance even if  we rarely get to see it.

Good episode, again. I particularly like how they write the Torres-Knight relationship, no sails in sight - better keep it that way.

• Love 5

Another strong episode - unique premise, I liked how they interviewed the hologram to get clues, and I liked Kasie’s role in helping them with the hologram, good insight into her character, and I liked her scene with Vance helping set up the hologram. Good case with a good investigation, and I didn’t see the ending coming, especially the motive. 

I feel like the show has gotten a rebirth this season, and I’m really enjoying it - I don’t miss Gibbs at all, I don’t think I realized the show could be better without him because he was the show for so long but I feel like the team works really well now, Parker and Knight have been great additions, and everything just seems more like a team effort now, like I’ve said before Gibbs became so detached from his team and so wrapped up in tragedy and angst that it dragged the show down. The characters are more enjoyable now and they really gel well together as a team. 

• Love 10

I enjoyed the episode, but surprisingly I find that I'm missing the multi-episode arcs...wonder if they'll get around to one this season...or maybe next?  Do we even know if there will be a next season?  And how have the ratings been, Gibbs-less?  We in the forum seem to be liking the show, but what about the rest of the country?

• Love 1
20 hours ago, transitfan said:

That was her?  I didn't recognize her.  Granted, it's been over 30 years since Hunter went off the air.

As soon as I heard the hologram's voice, I knew exactly who it was!

On 12/7/2021 at 12:50 AM, Leeds said:

I swear I've seen this episode before, complete with gay valet, responsive hologram, estranged daughter, and hologram-developing lab person.

Am I going completely insane?

I had a lot of de ja vu, also. Mine was more fixated on Knight's story line. Haven't we previously seen the estranged mother story line that gets resolved by the end of A Very Special Episode? With Jack or Quinn, maybe?

• Love 1

I don't know, stretch to be an NCIS case.  She was outside the fence, not watching the Navy but civilian kids.   seems like VA pd would want to take charge, especially a Madoff-type murder

On 12/7/2021 at 10:00 PM, transitfan said:

That was her?  I didn't recognize her.  Granted, it's been over 30 years since Hunter went off the air.

But if you check IMDb, she’s done a few things since. 

On 12/7/2021 at 8:08 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I feel like the show has gotten a rebirth this season, and I’m really enjoying it - I don’t miss Gibbs at all, I don’t think I realized the show could be better without him because he was the show for so long but I feel like the team works really well now, Parker and Knight have been great additions, and everything just seems more like a team effort now, like I’ve said before Gibbs became so detached from his team and so wrapped up in tragedy and angst that it dragged the show down. The characters are more enjoyable now and they really gel well together as a team.

So, as I heartily agree with this, I’m wondering now, is Cole really the closer? The show has become enjoyable and seemingly “fresh” again. The stories don’t seem rehashed or overdone. It’s been an awfully long time, do you think all the cast and crew would want to continue? I could watch another season of this (think of it-NCIS, the show that refused to die!). 

• Love 3
On 12/9/2021 at 9:12 PM, Daff said:

So, as I heartily agree with this, I’m wondering now, is Cole really the closer? The show has become enjoyable and seemingly “fresh” again. The stories don’t seem rehashed or overdone. It’s been an awfully long time, do you think all the cast and crew would want to continue? I could watch another season of this (think of it-NCIS, the show that refused to die!). 

The thing is though, for so many of the cast it hasn't actually been an awfully long time. 

McGee, Palmer, Vance are the only ones who have been there that long.  Torres joined in 2016, Kasie in 2018.  Knight and Parker are only just in the door. 

I know that I'm only back watching it because they brought in Gary Cole, and I've love to see it continue for a few more seasons. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2