Type keyword(s) to search

Homespun Marketing: Local Commercials

• Start Topic

"Motorcycle Mike, your personal injury lawyer." Mike's claim to fame is that he is a motorcycle rider and he survived a horrific car crash, except he wasn't on his motorcycle, he was in a car. I don't quite understand what being a motorcycle rider has to do with his car accident. He has a whole YouTube channel.

Someone has apparently advised a couple local businesses that it would be really cool if they run ads featuring regular people singing their theme song. Like, multiple people. No, it is not. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Atlanta's got "The Strong Arm" -

Not sure I want a lawyer whose nickname refers to a type of violent crime. "A nice little lawsuit you got there. It'd be a shame if something happened to it."

• LOL 4

There is a local commercial for a place that will buy your home, in any condition,  for cash. Two things: first the spokesperson is so red faced he looks like he is going to explode, as in physically explode.  Second,  when showing photos of homes, they show a fairly typical home,  one needing repairs,  and the White House.  Yep. I will be giving them a call asking what they will offer me for the white house.   After all,  it's the "people's house ". I should be able to sell it if I am strapped for cash.  

• LOL 8
51 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

There is a local commercial for a place that will buy your home, in any condition,  for cash. Two things: first the spokesperson is so red faced he looks like he is going to explode, as in physically explode.  Second,  when showing photos of homes, they show a fairly typical home,  one needing repairs,  and the White House.  Yep. I will be giving them a call asking what they will offer me for the white house.   After all,  it's the "people's house ". I should be able to sell it if I am strapped for cash.  

Is that the guy who looks like he would swindle his own grandmother out of her life savings? 

I just presume these are national ads that are made to look local by showing a local number, just like all those lawyers who pretend to be local.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

The one that airs in our market features a woman expounding on the kinds of houses the company buys, including haunted houses and there's an illustration of a haunted house that looks like a poster you could buy at a Ben Franklin store at Halloween time in the 1970s. But I guess if the current owners of the The Amityville Horror House are ever looking to sell, this service would come in handy. 

• Like 4
21 hours ago, mmecorday said:

The one that airs in our market features a woman expounding on the kinds of houses the company buys, including haunted houses and there's an illustration of a haunted house that looks like a poster you could buy at a Ben Franklin store at Halloween time in the 1970s. But I guess if the current owners of the The Amityville Horror House are ever looking to sell, this service would come in handy. 

I guess this is the place to go if you want to buy a house on an Indian burial ground.  Good to know.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Yay, it's the Wednesday after the first Monday in November, and I can go back to just worrying about replacing my roof, bathtub, or medical plan!

And finding an attorney to get you the big bucks after your accident.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I know this isn't local, but it always feels local so I'm posting here. Over the years I've watched the cheesy Bob's Discount furniture commercials with a wince and a laugh. Kudos to them for having brilliantly transitioned to the animated little Bob as the real Bob decided to step back.  It was pretty seamless.

• Like 1