Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

Discuss all things season 2 here. Designers and episodes listed below.

Originally aired from December 7, 2005 - March 8, 2006

Designers:

• Andrae Gonzalo
  • Chloe Dao
  • Daniel Franco
  • Daniel Vosovic
  • Diana Eng
  • Emmett McCarthy
  • Guadalupe Vidal
  • Heidi Standridge
  • John Wade
  • Kara Janx
  • Kirsten Ehrig
  • Marla Duran
  • Nick Verreos
  • Raymundo Baltazar
  • Santino Rice
  • Zulema Griffin

Episodes (TVDB):

1. Road to the Runway
  2. Clothes Off Your Back
  3. All Dolled Up
  4. Team Lingerie
  5. Social Scene
  6. Window Shopping
  7. On Thin Ice
  8. Inspiration
  9. Flower Power
  10. Makeover
  11. What's Your Line?
  12. Reunion
  13. Finale

Oh another one I loved!  Loved Andrae and his dramatics (and his gutter water dress!), Santino and his wonderful mix of awesome and jackass (and the whole Tim Gunn/Andrae/Red Lobster saga), Cool Uncle Nick (and his glee about winning the Barbie challenge!), the creepy return of Daniel F, adorable Daniel V....so much fun!

• Love 3

I can't decide if Season 2 or Season 3 is my favorite, but when I get into my PR marathon modes, I instinctively go to Season 2 (I own 1-4 on DVD) so I guess it's Season 2 for me.  I confess I liked Daniel Franco but he was bit fragile, as was Andrae who was totally robbed in the Inspiration challenge.  His gutter water dress is one of the top 5 garments ever produced.  It became obvious mid-season that Daniel V. was the golden boy and was set up to win the whole thing but his final collection was a bit meh.  But Chole's was so 80s (I had a living room chair in that green floral print).  And don't forget Uncle Nick doing Marla and her "wickety whack" strut. 

Every so often I break into a chorus of "Daniel Franco, where did you go?"

This was the first season I watched, and it's still my favorite.  I never cared that Santino was kind of a jackhole because he brought the funny and when he was good, he was really good.  I loved Andrae and his dirty water dress.   

Edited by magpye29
  • Love 2

The Season 2 reunion was definitely the best one because everyone was drunk, and Guadalupe started spewing nonsense about her crazy Nicky Hilton dress, and Santino looked alarmed and asked if everyone was drunk.  Amazing.

Kara's makeover on Santino was awesome.  I thought he looked like a serial killer at the beginning of the show, she made him look much more attractive.

• Love 3

Oh another one I loved!  Loved Andrae and his dramatics (and his gutter water dress!), Santino and his wonderful mix of awesome and jackass (and the whole Tim Gunn/Andrae/Red Lobster saga), Cool Uncle Nick (and his glee about winning the Barbie challenge!), the creepy return of Daniel F, adorable Daniel V....so much fun!

I agree with all of this. I loved season 2. And Santino was a wonderful mix. Even though he could be a jerk, there were times when the group was down, Daniel would ask Santino for a song or a story, and Santino would oblige. Andrae started out a mess, but he was able to get it together, and I agree he was robbed on that gutter water dress - definitely in my top 3 favorite designs on this show.

One thing I remember about this season was how "musical" it was. They even had a montage in the reunion show about the singing - loved the Daniel Franco song and Andrae's little song (lamenting over the half-dozenth time he had to thread the overlock machine for everybody.)* And that was another thing I remembered - how well everyone seemed to get along in this season and even helped each other.

This was also back when the show knew how to do a reunion show and put together some great montages. In addition to the above mentioned musical montage, another favorite of mine was the "Andrae going through the door" montage* - he always danced out the revolving door, floating out into the street. And of course there was the "Mother-fucking walkoff" (had to say the real thing) So great.

Project Runway: The Musical

Andrae's montage

• Love 1

Oh! Thank you for those videos!! I forget how much I loved S2... Santino got on my nerves, but he was hilarious. I miss those years of project runway!!!

"What happened to Andre?" His impression of Tim was hilarious... wasn't there also one about going to red lobster or something? So much fun! S2 was a great season and we got to see some really interesting clothes, even if some of those were terrible.

• Love 1

(lamenting over the half-dozenth time he had to thread the overlock machine for everybody.)

OMG I forgot about the serger!  Santino's "Don't Let Emmett on the Serger" song was brilliant as well.  

Screw a rewatch of Season 1, I really need a Season 2 marathon in my life....stat!  

ETA after watching "The Musical" link from above, I realized that there is a difference between an overlock machine and a serger.  In addition to the Emmett/Serger spiritual, there was also "Kara the Overlock Downer" 

I feel like there should be a greatest hits album from Season 2.  

Edited by Indy

I just finished binge re-watching Season 2.  That was such a good season!  I knew PR had gone downhill but it's really apparent how much more entertaining the show used to be.  I miss the designers having more time, I miss the models being real people, I miss the designers not being complete cartoons, and I miss Michael Kors.

I think the funniest part of the season that I had forgotten about was Santino doing a spoken-word version of Nine Inch Nails' "Closer" in Tim Gunn's voice.  "Designers, I want to f you like an animal."  Gold, just gold.  

After really disliking the first few episodes of this season, I went back and re-watched season 2.  It was my first season I ever saw and I've always had a soft spot for Chloe.  Re-watching it really just shows how bad the more recent seasons have become.  It was fun, creative, silly (like everyone mentioned-the songs!!) and even though the designers didn't all love each other, they weren't disgustingly mean to one another.  Plus the judging was usually spot-on.  

• Love 4

even though the designers didn't all love each other, they weren't disgustingly mean to one another.  

Exactly.  Sure, Santino could be an ass and Zulema could be bitchy at times (when Shatangy came out) but neither one of them was playing a role or being edited to be "the villain" or "the bitch."  You could tell that a good portion of the time, they generally enjoyed each other.  Their personalities wore on each other by the end, but really when you're in a 24/7 pressure situation with a bunch of competitive strangers, sometimes you're going to want to cut someone.  

And maybe things are like that in more recent seasons too, but that's just not what we're being shown.  We don't see the designers interacting much outside of the challenges anymore, aside from bits in the apartments.  You don't really see them going out to bars, getting drunk, and having walk-offs anymore.  It's all so manufactured.  

• Love 1

I remember when I watched this the first time I was appalled by Santino and thrilled by Chloe's win. On rewatch, I still like Chloe, and wish she'd  been able to capitalize more on winning, but I now think Santino is a complete whacked-out ball of delicious entertainment! The musical moments alone charm me, then the impressions and the... well, everything that goes into being Santino. Agree with you all about Nick's low-key charms and Andrae's amazing gutter-water dress that should have won that challenge.

Zuleima's "Cut and cry" will never lose its relevance.

• Love 2

I love this season.  I always liked Santino, he was a looney but fun looney.  Chloe seemed like a nice person, but I hated her final collection, it looked like curtains.

Come on people!  This is the season of this!

Zulema with her big glasses, Heidi's expression, Andrae's expression and of course Daniel V.  I laugh every time I see this.

Edited by raven
  • Love 3

I love this season.  I always liked Santino, he was a looney but fun looney.  Chloe seemed like a nice person, but I hated her final collection, it looked like curtains.

Come on people!  This is the season of this!

Zulema with her big glasses, Heidi's expression, Andrae's expression and of course Daniel V.  I laugh every time I see this.

YES!  Amazing!  Even better, when Nick and Tim are discussing Nick's new model and Tim calls her a marshmallow.  LOL

I don't remember him being quite that bad - until the reunion special when he tearfully whispered, "I love you, Heidi" at her.

Daniel Franco seemed very paternalistic toward women, but this was the only time he struck me as truly creepy. I also never could get over how much he looks like kd lang.

I remember Santino's home visit.  He took Tim to his married friend's house and while Santino was sitting on the floor talking, the friend's two toddler-type daughters were climbing all over him, they were so comfortable with him and he with them.  I thought  " Maybe he's not so bad, after all" because even though he was funny, I found it hard to like him after he lied in regard to Kara.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Santino's jumpsuit for Kara was ridiculous. It was so tight, you could see the outline of her butt crack when she she turned around.   I think the only reason he wasn't eliminated was because the guest judge thought Kara looked hot.