Type keyword(s) to search

The Human Beings Known as the Arnold-Klein Family

• Start Topic

it's 98 degrees in Houston today.  It's only June.  August is the hottest month there.  98 today. Adding in the heat index, it's 103.   This is why little kids aren't playing outside all day in the summertime in Houston.   You can't rely on "average temp" tables to really understand just how hot it is there in the summer. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/9/2016 at 5:57 PM, auntl said:

I am a baby boomer. Our parents didn't know that there were child predators out there. Today's parents live with that fact every day.

Just this week, I watched a man try to take a little girl out of a store on the news. How can any responsible parent just let their kid's run free. It's very sad. There are just too many crazies out there.

I agree that there are a lot of crazies out there, I don't think there are any more or less than there used to be.  I just think that with 24 hour news on several stations, online news sites, etc...,  we're just hearing about it more.  I feel fortunate that I grew up in a time when people knew their neighbors, and looked out for each other's kids.  I think that's one of the reasons that although we weren't as supervised, we might have been just as safe as today's kids.  I always knew as a kid that I could go to any house on the street and seek help if I needed it.  What a great era to grow up in.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, Honey said:

I agree that there are a lot of crazies out there, I don't think there are any more or less than there used to be.  I just think that with 24 hour news on several stations, online news sites, etc...,  we're just hearing about it more.  I feel fortunate that I grew up in a time when people knew their neighbors, and looked out for each other's kids.  I think that's one of the reasons that although we weren't as supervised, we might have been just as safe as today's kids.  I always knew as a kid that I could go to any house on the street and seek help if I needed it.  What a great era to grow up in.

Actually statistically child predator and abduction rates are lower now than they were in the sixties and seventies. Your child literally has a higher chance of being struck by lightning than being abducted. Its just Nancy Grace and her ilk make seem like there are predators lurking on every corner.

• Love 6

Noticed this in a picture Jen posted on Instagram. A new color house??? As long as it took her to pick that ugly green color she has changed it to a more subtle blue. They have changed their furniture inside the home at least 3x since moving in so I'm not surprised.

image.jpeg

Someone posted that the filming has stopped due to Will and his behavioral issues. I haven't seen this and  I posted an excerpt from an article featuring the 7Little Johnstons and how there is some sort of legal dispute between TLC and Discovery Channel over the rights of several shows seen on both networks. I do believe they have filmed a new season that should have aired months ago.

• Love 2

The latest pics on twitter of the kids are not very flattering.  Will's teeth will need work as most little people do and I am sure his thumb sucking didn't help.  Zoey has a unibrow and looks like a little boy, cute pixie or not, her face is not that feminine to carry it off...someone commented she looks just like the day they picked her up in India from the orphanage!  So much for hundred dollar haircuts which I am sure that guy in Houston charges!

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

The latest pics on twitter of the kids are not very flattering.  Will's teeth will need work as most little people do and I am sure his thumb sucking didn't help.  Zoey has a unibrow and looks like a little boy, cute pixie or not, her face is not that feminine to carry it off...someone commented she looks just like the day they picked her up in India from the orphanage!  So much for hundred dollar haircuts which I am sure that guy in Houston charges!

I totally agree, I hate to criticize children because they aren't choosing their hairstyle or their clothing, but Zoey and Will look horrific, IMO.  It seems they have cut Zoeys hair shorter and shorter and it's not even feminine.  I believe Will has more hair than Zoey at this point. The pictures that Jen posts are so random and I would think as perfect as she wants everything to be they would be professional shots. 

• Love 2

The pictures that Jen posts are so random and I would think as perfect as she wants everything to be they would be professional shots. 

I think this is an example of how sometimes Jen really can't win. If she post perfectly posed professional shots of the kids, she would be cited for insisting on perfection and not letting kids be kids. When she posts normal, not posed, action shots of the kids being random kids, then we're bitching that she's not indulging her OCD and posing the kids with a professional photographer.

To me? Frankly Will was always an odd looking kid and the older he gets the more his features don't jell for me. Zoey looks fine. Is it a hair cut I'd choose for a kid? Maybe, because a pixie cut - which is a feminine style - is easy to take care of and they might be taking the position that Zoey can have a fussy difficult to take of hairstyle when she's old enough to take care of it herself.

• Love 12
39 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Imagine the outcry if Zoey had her brows plucked and Will had braces before puberty. 

They are young kids.

There was an outcry a few years ago when a certain teen mom reality star waxed her 3-year-old daughter’s unibrow. I wondered why she had done it. Now I realize that she was probably influenced by stupid Twitter comments. I’m sure Jen would not stoop to such ridiculous and unnecessary actions with her own young daughter and that she and Bill are raising their kids to base their self-esteem on more than the superficial.

• Love 11

My theory is I wouldn't discuss a child's eyebrows until about high school.  I had a friend who began getting her daughters' brows waxed in elementary school and it seemed ridiculous and likely to give the kids issues.  I think the older Will gets the more I'm inclined to the view that he may have lasting problems from his early life.  This seems to be a case of you can't please the people, so please yourself for Bill and Jen. 

• Love 5

I agree that both Will and Zoey could look better!  Zoey needs to look more feminine.  I think Jen should take a stand against Bill, who seems to like the pixie on Zoey.  She is a little girl and should look like one!  This is just my opinion, but this family seems dysfunctional to me!

• Love 1

My sister and I both had pixie haircuts growing up (in the 50's).  A lot of kids did and no one seemed to think we didn't look feminine enough.  I had no trouble determining Zoe is a girl.  If zoe wants longer hair when she is older and can care for it herself than she should go for it but for now I think the pixie is adorable and appropriate for a young girl of her age.

• Love 9

I had a pixie cut too, so did my sister in the 60's. When we were old enough to take good care of our hair, we both let ours grow. Fastfoward and we both have short (not pixie) styles. Whatever works at the time!

• Love 14

I hate to add to hairgate but IMO weather really affects hair choices.  I live in a cold climate and long hair really makes you warmer.  I am going to be 62 and my hair is long for that reason.  When I lived in Texas it was kept short.

And my daughter had short hair in Texas, long hair in Colorado.  I really didn't think about it until now.

• Love 4
On 11/30/2016 at 4:35 PM, Jellybeans said:

Hairgate is back?  Well they live in hot, humid Houston and it sucks to have long hair there.  I wouldn't be sweating the small stuff.

Yup.  Also, in the Indian culture the little girls hair is very often cut just like Zoey's.  I think both kids are adorable.

Or, Zoey may want hair like Mommy's.

• Love 11
On 2/20/2017 at 5:50 PM, PepperMonkey said:

I like Zoey with short hair.

Also, they're coming back????

I miss seeing them on my teevee, even with all their flaws. I'll be glad to see them if they do make it back. :)

They're coming back--September 19th @ 9PM on TLC. It's mentioned in a different thread.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

They're coming back--September 19th @ 9PM on TLC. It's mentioned in a different thread.

I saw that.  I'm excited.  They are a bright spot on a Tuesday night.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 5
On 7/10/2017 at 7:24 PM, SongbirdHollow said:

That's exciting news for them, but what are they going to do with that beautiful, custom-built home in Texas?

So far the house is not listed as sold, for sale, or for rent on Zillow. Perhaps they will privately advertise it for sale within the LP community.

(edited)
On 7/10/2017 at 5:46 PM, car54 said:

Jen just tweeted that she has accepted a position in Florida and they'll be moving to St Petersburg.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/the-little-couple-star-jen-arnold-joins-john-hopkins-all-childrens/2329917

Are Jen's parents also based there? Didn't they move to Florida last year? I bet they're happy to be closer to them once again. The bond between the grandparents and the kids was so touching.

Also, wasn't their house custom made for them? I wonder if they'll make changes to it before they try to sell. Looked like a great house.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 1

Poignant thoughts while watching these oldies but goodie episodes...

How healthy Jen was before she got so sick and Bill before his back required more surgery

Looking at footage of Houston then and waterlogged Houston today with the tragedy unfolding before our eyes on cable news....

Wonder if their house/neighborhood got deluged with Harvey rain and flooded

So much suffering...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Poignant thoughts while watching these oldies but goodie episodes...

How healthy Jen was before she got so sick and Bill before his back required more surgery

Looking at footage of Houston then and waterlogged Houston today with the tragedy unfolding before our eyes on cable news....

Wonder if their house/neighborhood got deluged with Harvey rain and flooded

So much suffering...

I thought the same thing while I was watching.

• Love 1

Jen posted this pic to Instagram yesterday. It's of the street where they lived in Houston. It appears, judging by 1 of the comments Jen made, they're gonna go back & make sure everything's OK (though I'm not sure why, unless they left some stuff behind in the house) once it's safe to do so.

As far as I know they never put the house on the market, so they still own it. I wonder if they are keeping it because of having the pet store in Houston and staying there when working on that business.

Thanks for sharing the pic, I follow her on twitter but not Insta.

3 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

As far as I know they never put the house on the market, so they still own it. I wonder if they are keeping it because of having the pet store in Houston and staying there when working on that business.

Thanks for sharing the pic, I follow her on twitter but not Insta.

Having read what you said, that makes sense they would/they might keep the Houston house since they still have Rocky & Maggie's there. Hopefully they'll explain sometime in the eps which involve the move to Florida.

Especially since Zoey's very clearly talking to Jen in 1 of the preview videos about how someone else will be living in their house now & using some of the things (I think like light bulbs) that the family doesn't need/want to take to Florida with them. It's in this preview, starting around the 1 minute, 50 second mark (or a second or 2 after), running through the end of the preview, where Will talks excitedly about wanting to have a pool party for 99 people & where we hear him say "I can't wait!" in the last scene of the video as the family drives away from the house (& he sure gets onboard with moving quickly; at the beginning of the video Will wants to know why they have to move to Florida because he doesn't wanna make new friends there, like Jen tells him he will).

You're welcome for the pic. It was actually posted as a link to Jen's Instagram in a Tweet on her Twitter (so you probably would've seen it that way too since you follow her Twitter). I just used the link in her Twitter & copied the direct URL to the Instagram pic once I got to the Instagram page.

• Love 1