Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: You'll Know My Name is the Lord.."

• Start Topic

I am so sick of Josh referring to His ship.  He's no captain and every time he spouts off about the ways of the fishermen or life on the boat or the places the crab are good I want to throw up.  He is a dick.

• Love 3

Another season in the books.   

Can we please not have Elliott next year?   Josh may be annoying to some people, but there are people who like him and those who are indifferent.   I haven't heard of anyone wanting to see Elliott and his douchebag antics.    He just instituted a no booze policy ON the boat.   Oh brilliant.   We are out at sea in dangerous waters doing a dangerous job while exhausted let's drink too so our reflexes are even further impaired.   And I really don't want to hear him talk about seeing his kids.   That protective order that kept him from his kids was there for a reason.

Sure Keith found a lot of opies fishing near the Russian border, but how much more did it cost him in fuel to get there and back?  It is telling that he has stated he is not doing that again.   

Boy these ships are old.   But still don't they update equipment, overhaul them ocassionaly?   Like the Northwestern's block?   It hasn't been replaced in 30 years of hard work?   And the water pipes on the Maverick?   

Speaking of Jr.   Too funny on the bait when he comes in sitting in a wheelchair.  He did have a relief captain, who wasn't finding the crab.   When you got bills to pay, you make tough choices.  

• Love 1

I am so sick of Josh referring to His ship.  He's no captain and every time he spouts off about the ways of the fishermen or life on the boat or the places the crab are good I want to throw up.  He is a dick.

Once the cameras should have stopped rolling, he was flying on out of there.  No interest in overseeing his investment, making sure the ship was cleaned and closed up correctly, or anything.   He's riding his "this is for Dad" shtick for the camera time and the money.  How old is he going to be before he finally grows up?  The captain and crew did a good job of saving the Cornelia Marie, very smart work.  Thinking about it, it was probably better that Josh was gone at that point.

On other subjects:

- Saga:  Elliott is sleazy at best.  Those poor kids have a life of erratic parenting behind them and in front of them.   Why does Elliott have Val's name on tape on his wheel house console above the kids' photos?   Does he think he's getting back with her?  What about his girlfriend on the boat, who apparently has had enough of cooking for the crew?   I hope they drop him from the show, but know they won't.

- Cape Caution:  Wild Bill is a bit of a head case.  I'm glad he likes his son when the pressure is off.  I hope he tells his son at some point.

- Northwestern:  How do I love thee, let me count the ways.  Skilled, professional people doing their jobs well and generally treating each other with respect.

- Time Bandit:  It was wonderful that one of the Hillstrands (Andy, wasn't it?) came over to help the captain of the Cornelia Marie.  They're a goofy bunch, but get the job done and take care of each other.  Bravo.

- Seabrooke:  I can see why Junior might think he's cursed at this point.  That was some bad luck at a time that he was trying to catch up after being laid up after surgery.  I'm glad his back seems to be doing ok, he wasn't complaining about the pain.  It was nice to see everyone dealing with a problem from start to finish, finding the issue all the way to getting the crabs to port early and fixing the pipe.  It was a good slice of life segment and reminded me that these guys know what they're doing, too.

- Wizard:  As Merylinkid mentioned above, I'd like to see a cost-benefit breakdown of Keith's decision to fish out by Russia.  Did the numbers per pot justify the traveling distance?  Reduced time at sea fishing offset travel time?  I didn't really get a good feeling for any of that.

Edited by terrymct

It wasn't Andy who helped the CM, it was Scotty.  

Once the cameras should have stopped rolling, he was flying on out of there.  No interest in overseeing his investment, making sure the ship was cleaned and closed up correctly, or anything.   He's riding his "this is for Dad" shtick for the camera time and the money.  How old is he going to be before he finally grows up?  The captain and crew did a good job of saving the Cornelia Marie, very smart work.  Thinking about it, it was probably better that Josh was gone at that point.

I agree with this.  Josh probably thought they'd stopped filming since the season was over, and they would have if the CM hadn't gotten into trouble.

And I really don't want to hear him talk about seeing his kids.   That protective order that kept him from his kids was there for a reason.

Sadly, I know of a few women who's gotten protective orders, not because they were in danger, but because they didn't want to deal with the guy anymore.  And I can't stand Elliot, but Val has to remember that she laid down with him and had two children, and if she keeps them from their father, they might hate her for it years later.  IMO she should let the kids see what a jerk he is and then they will come to their own conclusions.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
the captain and crew did a good job of saving the Cornelia Marie, very smart work.  Thinking about it, it was probably better that Josh was gone at that point.

Though it would have been funny when he was asked who his two best guys were, if Josh was standing right there and he named two other guys.  Of course Josh would spin it that it was imperative as an owner/captain that he be in the wheelhouse making the critical decisions.

Sadly, I know of a few women who's gotten protective orders, not because they were in danger, but because they didn't want to deal with the guy anymore.  And I can't stand Elliot, but Val has to remember that she laid down with him and had two children, and if she keeps them from their father, they might hate her for it years later.

He just did a stint in rehab, and for more than booze.  What was it he said to his father on camera?  He'd only done meth once that month?  I suspect that's what the protective order was about - would you send children to a meth head for a weekend or a week, father or not?  I also wouldn't be surprised if his visits are supervised until he has some on-land sobriety under his belt.  

It will be interesting if Jake Anderson ends up on the Seabrooke and Scottie goes to the Cornelia.  The family tension sounded bad enough before Andy's comments on The Bait, so he might as well look elsewhere.  Assuming he has veto power, there's no future there for Scottie.  I used to despise him, but he really does seem to have matured (and even years ago his decision to actually make sure he was in his child's life showed more maturity than a lot of these guys have shown in that department).   

How old is Keith's son?  Years ago both his kids were small, so I'm not sure if the kid was a small 9 year old and now he's 15, or he was 5 and now he's 12.  I know Mandy was a gimmick to a lot of people, but I didn't mind it.  I really would mind a 12 year old of either gender, unless they're just getting cod or something.  It's not even so much about safety -- most of these guys whose fathers fished went out in their younger teens.  But they didn't have cameras on them.  However much she did or didn't do, Mandy was an adult and Sig had a reasonable understanding of her character and expectation that she'd hold herself together. 

Even the toughest adolescent boy can have a meltdown, and I really would hate for the boy to burst into tears or whine or something that ends up following him the rest of his life.  Just say no, Keith!

• Love 2
He just did a stint in rehab, and for more than booze.  What was it he said to his father on camera?  He'd only done meth once that month?  I suspect that's what the protective order was about - would you send children to a meth head for a weekend or a week, father or not?  I also wouldn't be surprised if his visits are supervised until he has some on-land sobriety under his belt.

That's true; I had forgotten about the meth.  Still, I wonder if he was using when he and Val were together, and if they were...well as I said, she lay down with him and had two children; either he was able to fool her (which I doubt) or she didn't care, or she thought she could change him.

• Love 1

I'm going with she thought he would change once the kids came along.

Also, at the time of the protective order there was a lot in the media (not sure what made it into evidence) that Elliott had threatned to take the kids out of the country.   So who was threatening to keep the kids from the other parent here?   Also when he visited it was clear he was using seeing the kids as an excuse to harass her into getting back together.   He walked in the door and hugged then kids, then spent the rest of the time trying to get her to talk to him.   He was there to see the kids.  A lot of guys will do that as a way around the protective order.   Oh hi, I just emailed you to find out how the kids are, when are we getting back together (then name calling and harassment)

If custody ever does come up again, all Val has to do is show all the tape of his bad decisionmaking right down to admitting how much he did drugs but didn't think he had a problem and shouldhn't have to go to rehab.

• Love 3

Why does Elliott have Val's name on tape on his wheel house console above the kids' photos?

I actually paused the show to look at that. It said "I love you :) Val" on it. Can you imagine being Jess, sitting there in the captain's chair and being asked by that asswipe to wrap her legs around him and having to stare at that little piece of tape while doing so? That guy is all kinds of messed up. And I didn't feel one bit sorry for her when she was whining about her college degree going to waste while cooking and cleaning on a boat. You chose to go to sea with that piece of shit, suck it up.

That was a very tense segment on moving the CM in 100 MPH winds. Seeing those lines snap like that was horrifying. I don't know what the one crew member was being a baby about; if the CM had come loose, it would have grounded on the rocks of a jetty but they were in port, not out at sea. The boat would have been damaged but the crew would have been in an area that they could have been easily rescued. Casey was correct in trying to move the boat to a safer area and he had the skills, crew (plus Scotty) and tugboat to do it. Pee-pee Baby Crew Member should be glad Casey had a come-to-Jeezus talk with him rather than firing his ass on the spot for insubordination.

So now we know that Junior DID have a relief captain that didn't work out. He said something about how he "went into the hole", whatever that means. Glad he is going to find someone new (I smell a storyline for next season....).

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Love 1

I just think Jess is there for the TV exposure; she's a cute girl and I can't imagine her actually wanting to be with an ass like Elliot for any other reason than he's on TV.

If custody ever does come up again, all Val has to do is show all the tape of his bad decisionmaking right down to admitting how much he did drugs but didn't think he had a problem and shouldhn't have to go to rehab.

I don't agree with this because MOST addicts don't think they have a problem and don't have to go to rehab.  Plus, as I said, I give the side eye to anybody who has children with someone actively using.  If she really thought he'd change when the children came...well I hope she thinks differently now.  An addict will only change when they change, period.

She might accept now that he doesn't want to change and that is why she is keeping the kids from being around a drug addict.   I do know that the courts will cut a break to someone who admits they have a problem and are trying to do better.   They will not cut a break to someone who won't even admit they have a problem and is still blaming eveyrone else for all their life's problems.

When Scotty first joined the DB, I couldn't stand him. But, he has redeemed himself with his lack of nonsense since his debut season. And his work with the CM (and it looked like Axel was with him too) shows just why he is a valuable person to have on your boat. He seems to be very much like his dad in that department. We've seen Johnathan helping out others many times. And I understand his work/life balance struggle too. It's hard to repeat history and have your kids hate you for missing time with them, he grew up like that and is trying to find balance with his family.  With Andy, it has to be all or nothing. And it seems that Andy misunderstood (or plain just didn't want to hear) Scotty's proposal to make them money while the DB was being repaired. It really does appear as though Andy hates Scotty. Apparently, though, it's ok for Andy to bail out mid season to attend to HIS personal life.  (I don't count Johnathan bailing out because when we first met the DB, it was implied Johnathan hadn't gone out on opies for years because of his back). Would love to see Scotty on another boat, I think he'd thrive.

Good job there, Joshie, abandonding "your boat" and "your legacy" and not finishing the job. I said the same thing as Neurochick about the cameras and Josh assuming they were done filming. He has humbled a bit, but he is still an asshat, as evidenced by him eyerolling when Casey told them to put cod in the pots and telling the crew to ignore him. Didn't they also say on the Bait that Casey bought into the CM? That scene at the dock with the tug and the snapping lines? This is why the show is so great. You can't manufacture the real things like this that just happen. I think the deckhand just overreacted and panicked. Once Casey went and calmly talked to him, he was on board.

I hate Elliot. So glad that we didn't have to see Jess and her poor spelling and disregard for a crewmember's allergy again. So nice to see that with a college degree she can't spell "crabber" correctly.  She got her 15 minutes, I'm sure she'll move along now. As for Captain Douchenozzle, If I were Val, I'd have a RO on him too. He's an unstable and (at the time, presumably) untreated addict who made threats to take their children. I can see him as being downright terrifying when he is angry.

Freddy seems to have become a calming presence for Keith. (I am sure that goes along with seeing his outbursts on TV LOL) The Wizard actually is nice to watch now. I know there were rumors that Freddy would jump back to the CM for Josh, but I'm glad that hasn't happened. His little crab dance with Keith going along in the wheelhouse made me smile.

Jr's prank on the guys on the Bait made me giggle. When they showed his hand on the engine, it really seemed to be to reinforce Sunshine Moonbeam's injury on the DB. Wonder if Jake will help Jr out next year? And I  have to say, the Seabrooke has the nicest galley.. so clean and sparkly!

Wild Bill. I love to watch him, but hate how he treats Zack. Sometimes, though, Zack deserves it. It was nice to see Zack getting encouragement and props from the crew, especially Nick.

I wish they had provided an update on the eye injury guy evac'd by the CG

• Love 1

I'm still watching the episode, but that cornering of the Cordelia Marie was probably the coolest thing I've ever seen on the show. You can't manufacture drama and tension like that.

• Love 3

Wonder if Jake will help Jr out next year?

Thank you for reminding me.

How the frick does Josh announcing this on frickin' TV help Jake????????  It only puts extra pressure on him!  

This spoke even more volumes as to Josh's motivations and designs relative to DC.  I don't blame him in the least for wanting to cash in, nor for trying to make a celebrity name for himself.  However, I despise him for roping in the other veteran captains in his schemes.  I am not exactly thrilled with those guys for pretty much staying mute on The Bait when they were shown Josh countermanded and mocked Casey's cod orders.  There was some gutteral moans, but nobody went after that punk move.

I am sad the show is over for a year.  Methinks we have seen the last of Andy, and the TB, too.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
I am not exactly thrilled with those guys for pretty much staying mute on The Bait when they were shown Josh countermanded and mocked Casey's cod orders.  There was some gutteral moans, but nobody went after that punk move.

True, but grown ups don't jump up and down and start screaming; and I don't believe in this "calling someone out on their behavior" all the time.  What good does it really do?  It might make a person feel good for a second, but unless someone wants to hear what you have to say, it does nothing.  Staying neutral is the best thing to do in most cases.

I feel that people like Josh and Jake Harris and Elliot should not be on TV.  Some people can't handle fame, it makes them go crazy, it goes to their heads, they think they can do anything they want to do because they're a "celebrity."  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

He just did a stint in rehab, and for more than booze.  What was it he said to his father on camera?  He'd only done meth once that month?  I suspect that's what the protective order was about - would you send children to a meth head for a weekend or a week, father or not?  I also wouldn't be surprised if his visits are supervised until he has some on-land sobriety under his belt. 

Elliott looked at the camera while he was on the phone with his attorney and said "Val accepted my offer."

It was an odd phrase to use.   What does an addict have to offer a woman who feels confident enough to seek full custody?  Money maybe?  

It was a terrible season for this show.    Maybe next season Discovery can work in an appearance by the megalodon shark to spice things up.

I agree it was a weak season, but the Cornelia Marie having to move in the hurricane scenes really brought me back to why I originally loved the show so much.  Pure astonishment at the danger they face and ingenuity they have to show to work with the elements. Lots of dramatic, organic tension.  I hope Casey sticks around, though it will be interesting to watch him deal with both Harris brothers.  

I don't know what the one crew member was being a baby about; if the CM had come loose, it would have grounded on the rocks of a jetty but they were in port, not out at sea. The boat would have been damaged but the crew would have been in an area that they could have been easily rescued.

I don't think it would easy to rescue them.  Any boat that tried would be beached, and climbing down from the land side could be fatal in 100 mph winds.  Helicopter out of the question.  Remember that scene years ago of the boat that beached on the rocky shore and the coast guard hovered helplessly overhead due to winds (if they got closer they'd hit the cliffs so they couldn't help) and the crew created a kind of ladder of crab pots to make a run from the boat to the shore, then climb the cliff to where the coast guard could get them?

Just transitioning from the boat to the shore it was already crashed on was a deadly chance to take -- being crushed was a genuine possibility.  I think that CM crew member was thinking of that scenario.  The game changer was the tugboat.  With that additional mechanical assistance, it became much more do-able.  I actually feared more for the guys working the lines from the dock than the boat!

If the crew member's hesitation prompted Casey to ask for additional help, that's great.  If he was planning on that anyway and the crew member just hadn't grasped it, oops.  

• Love 1

I was just remembering what it looked like from the radar map as well as when they lit it up with the lights. It looked like the dock was parallel to a rock wall/jetty that was more straight up and down, rather than just a pile of rocks. Casey said they would have been blown from the dock straight across to the rocks, so hopefully a boat would have been able to maneuver between the boat and dock (and been held there by the wind) during a rescue operation. It just seemed like the crew member's complaint didn't outweigh the danger they were already in; they were blowing lines left and right and just sitting there watching it happen wasn't going to stop it. Since they were in port, there are tug boats and other rescue boats available. Maybe in the heat of the moment, no one was thinking the options all the way through clearly, crew member included.

But you are right about the guys on the dock, they were the ones moving around in 100 MPH winds. I'm surprised no one was blown off the dock. Maybe hanging onto those ginormous lines was a life-saver for them!

Here is how I feel about this season.

For me, it was a lackluster season, but I don't think that's the show's fault.  It's me.  I've been watching this show for ten years and it's just gotten old for me.  Maybe I'd feel different if I started watching last year.

I think Discovery has been manipulating drama and scenes for years now.  I remember a long time ago when, before the season started, the TB guys went food shopping, and they were acting silly and goofing around; I'm sure that was for the cameras, or Discovery asked them to "act up."  It was funny, but I sensed it was producer manipulated.  Also I think that "Burn Barrel" scene was somewhat producer manipulated.

The other thing that's happened is the captains have become stars.  Not their fault, Discovery push them IMO.  I remember the opening credits of a few seasons ago where they showed who was on which boat (ex: Jonathan - Time Bandit, Keith - Wizard, etc).  Now they don't have to, because we all know who is on what boat.

I think Phil's death really put a dent in the show and Discovery has done themselves no favors by trying to build up the Harris brothers, who, I sense are more interested in being on TV than fishing.  Discovery tried to find more boats with Elliot and Junior; Elliot turned out to be a jerk and we know what happened with Junior.  The thing is, both of them show that this is reality TV, you just don't know how someone's going to be or what's going to happen to them.  Discovery probably thought Junior and Elliot would be the future of the show.

However, saying all of this, to me, this is the most real of all reality shows.  You can't fudge waves and you can't predict who's going to get sick, or become an addict, or die.  It wasn't a great season but I'll probably be watching next year.

• Love 1

I agree it was a weak season, but the Cornelia Marie having to move in the hurricane scenes really brought me back to why I originally loved the show so much.  Pure astonishment at the danger they face and ingenuity they have to show to work with the elements. Lots of dramatic, organic tension.  I hope Casey sticks around, though it will be interesting to watch him deal with both Harris brothers.  

For me, Casey was the most interesting person to watch this season. I can't stand Jr, Elliot, Elliot's true love du jour, and no longer have much tolerance for Josh. And Mandy was spread out over way too many episodes. I hope to see more of Casey. He's the most intriguing of all of the aforementioned.

What kind of person owns a ship the size of the Cornelia Marie and when there's a hurricane, they're totally unreachable???   I'm from New England, where there are thousands of small craft owners -- and I'm talking little pleasure motorboats -- who show more concern for their vessels in a storm than Josh Harris showed for the CM in the mouth of a hurricane.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 3

Sorry to see this season is over.  The last 30 minutes of this episode made up for the lack of much of anything else that they showed.  I agree the Mandy story was way too long.  I think she did a great job even with the fact she was cuddled somewhat since her dad is the captain.  It looked she worked pretty hard when she was on deck.

It was telling to me that when Elliot came out on The Deck they did not ask him or talk about his major storylines.  Nothing about rescuing those guys off the sinking boat, hiring and firing the one guy he rescued, His dumbass girlfriend and her stint on his boat, his drinking and meth use and then rehab.  Nothing.  He was on for about 2 seconds and then off.  I think Discover has listened to viewers and hopefully he will not be back next year.

Glad to see Jr humbled by his back problems.  I liked him at first but he got on my last nerve.  But I have to give him props for not being a whiny baby about his pain and back pain is a bitch.  He may brag but he is ok in my book just for that.

The tension on the TB must be bad.  It was very telling that Scotty and Andy were interview separately.  I wonder if TB will be back next season.

I miss Phil.  A lot!

• Love 1
Glad to see Jr humbled by his back problems.  I liked him at first but he got on my last nerve.  But I have to give him props for not being a whiny baby about his pain and back pain is a bitch.  He may brag but he is ok in my book just for that.

I have to disagree; I wouldn't wish back pain on anybody; and there are easier ways to be humbled than that, I'm not glad that Junior has back problems.

Why was the CM tied up there in the first place? Damn.  

Quote of the day comes from Eliot: "Good things come to those who deserve them."  Wow.  Does he really think that he's that deserving of a person? Or what? No idea--the whole thing just makes me sad. 

Edited by gryphon
  • Love 2

I have to disagree; I wouldn't wish back pain on anybody; and there are easier ways to be humbled than that, I'm not glad that Junior has back problems.

I stated I was glad to see Jr humbled not that he had back problems.  It just so happens it was the back problems that humbled him.  Just to be clear.

• Love 1

I too wondered why they parked the way they did with the hurricane coming.  It may be that the other berth wasn't available when they came in, or the storm changed course.  

Or just got a lot worse, a lost faster than forecast.  Maybe the winds were forecast to be 60-80 mph, and the tie lines would have been fine in that, but pushed up to 100 mph, not so much? 

Even in these sophisticated forecast days, I know every once in a while I leave for work expecting a "flurry or two" and come home at the end of the day with 8 inches on the ground.

• Love 1

I stated I was glad to see Jr humbled not that he had back problems.  It just so happens it was the back problems that humbled him.  Just to be clear.

That's what I meant; the back problems humbled him, not good at all.  Humility is all well and good, but back problems aren't.

I don't think Josh 'abandoned' his boat.  IIRC Casey stated that Josh was leaving to take care of business which would be totally normal since he is the owner.  They were out at sea for how long and as far as I know, no one takes care of the running of the business side of the boat while he's out there.  There  are bills to be paid, etc. and I don't think the CM has a huge cash flow so when the money came in for opies, he had things that probably had to be taken care of.  Yeah, he may have been able to do some things electronically but not all bills are sent this way and knowing that a hurricaine was coming, chances are there would be a loss of power and internet.  Add to this, we've seen these boats go through many, many hurricaines without problem. 

As some have stated, the interesting question is why was the boat docked at that spot in the first place.  Casey made it clear he was the captain.  That was his responsibility unless they were unable to dock in the sheltered area.  Did he think the winds weren't going to get as high as they did?  Who knows.  And when he called Josh, did he only call him once?  I think the reason he didn't know Josh's number might be because he was using the satellite phone.  I can't believe that Casey wouldn't have Josh's number on his cell.  Also, how long after Josh left, did the hurricaine hit?  I would think someone's message box would get pretty full when you're running a business and out to sea without cellphone access.  Maybe Josh didn't even get a chance to go through his messages yet.  I'm not saying that this is what absolutely happened but I do think there can be reasonable explanations.

As for Scotty helping the CM out, I guess because I'm from an area where that is nothing out of the ordinary when other boats have a problem, I didn't see it as some great thing.  That's what sailors do and it looked like other people were helping as well.  I will give him credit for telling Casey to talk to the crew member.  Yeah, Scotty has grown up over the years but I understand Andy's point of view.  Scotty shouldn't have asked for the quota to captain another boat.  He brought that up before the TB had even been looked at and determination of the damage and time to fix was even known.  I also think that Andy was right when he said that Scotty had it easier than the other crew and had been coddled.  If he really wants to be a captain, he has to prove he's got the devotion to the boat and that he can be counted on.

The "Behind the Lens" special was more interesting than the entire season. Even the CM drama was more dramatic from the perspective of the camera crew, and anyone who doesn't think Elliott has anger management issues should watch the special as well. I'm not surprised that he was kept away from his kids. Just hope the 'offer' she accepted was supervised visitation and not money.

• Love 2

I don't think Josh 'abandoned' his boat.  IIRC Casey stated that Josh was leaving to take care of business which would be totally normal since he is the owner.  

I disagree.  Josh hauled a$% because the cameras were turned off.   Any owner who works out on the boat would make arrangements for bills to be paid etc while he was gone.   Any decent owner would take an interest in his boat, the massive investment that enables him to make a living.

The "Behind the Lens" special was more interesting than the entire season. Even the CM drama was more dramatic from the perspective of the camera crew, and anyone who doesn't think Elliott has anger management issues should watch the special as well. I'm not surprised that he was kept away from his kids. Just hope the 'offer' she accepted was supervised visitation and not money.

It really was.   I have to say that whenever I see Sig and he looks rested with clean hair that I think something is wrong with him.  lol   

The extra footage of the CM was great and it's the sort of thing that made me a diehard Deadliest Catch fan from the start.  I love the ups and downs of the actual work, not so much concentration on people like Eliot or Jake (who I was rooting for to make a come back, but he hasn't changed much).   I want to see them fixing equipment out at sea or hear the captains discuss the merits of various secret crabbing spots then take a risk.   I've had enough of Eliot on the phone to which ever woman it is at the time or to his lawyer.   I'm watching Deadliest Catch, not Intervention.

• Love 5

Boy the "danger" and "10 year retrospective" episodes sure showed how everybody has aged.  Even Phil looked young!  

Made me miss the Maverick captain and crew.  

They also cleared up the Time Bandit guys being around to help the Cornelia- sounds like when the alarm went out to production to send more help, they came along.  Some more good scenes of Scottie.

The captains really creamed the Disco guys at bowling.  Do they bowl a lot in Dutch out of boredom, or just residual skill from throwing the hook? 

• Love 2

I don't think Josh abandoned his boat. Casey said he was leaving to take care of the business while Casey stayed behind with the crew to look after the boat. Josh not being reachable on his cell was a little odd but not if he still flying or asleep.

I don't think Josh abandoned his boat. Casey said he was leaving to take care of the business while Casey stayed behind with the crew to look after the boat. Josh not being reachable on his cell was a little odd but not if he still flying or asleep.

More likely, the word business should be in quotation marks.   Either way, he learned a hard lesson.   If he's actually interested in a long term career in fishing, he learned that there are potentially major risks even after the boat is back at the dock.   If he's in it for the television exposure, he learned that he looks terrible when he hauls a$% and leaves the work to other people.

• Love 2

As low an opinion as I  have about Josh H., this is one that really isn't on him.

He left the boat to a person more competent than he.

If this storm were truly seen as a particular hazard to certain berths in the harbor, where in heck was the harbor master????  Why weren't boats made to take certain positions which would have kept them more safe and reduced the likelihood of damage to the harbor itself?  What happens to a harbor if there are boats sunk within?  

That he failed to clear out his messaging system?  Par for the irresponsible Josh course.  However, from a practical point of view, his services were not at all necessary.

• Love 2

It was a terrible season for this show.    Maybe next season Discovery can work in an appearance by the megalodon shark to spice things up.

I ditched out on cable about half way through the season and couldn't bear the thought of having to watch Elliot's drivel or Keith's tantrums just to get some bites of the TB and CM. If they could arrange an appearance by the Megaladon I'd be watching every moment of every episode in anticipation.