Type keyword(s) to search

2021-2022 Squad

CrazyInAlabama
  • Start Topic

Ava ignored what she was told, and paid the price for it.    I think Kelli saying  'come back next year' was just for the show, and they'll never consider her as a risk of ignoring K & J's rules, and I think Ava should move on.   How clueless to keep ignoring the rules about social media, after being warned, and sitting there in Kelli's meeting looking surprised you are being let go.   

• Love 14
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Ava ignored what she was told, and paid the price for it.    I think Kelli saying  'come back next year' was just for the show, and they'll never consider her as a risk of ignoring K & J's rules, and I think Ava should move on.   How clueless to keep ignoring the rules about social media, after being warned, and sitting there in Kelli's meeting looking surprised you are being let go.   

Do we know what she did specifically?  Curious

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Video of the Christmas show: https://instagram.com/stories/tyylerhunterr/2710855963178639901?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

(It’s a story, so it’ll be gone soon)

Looks like Armani is holding point on the floor. 

Is that Erin and Tori completing the triangle? I like Armani at point! I love that you get to see different girls shine every week at the Christmas show. It seems to be only the first/last show that every has to perform at if I remember rightly as formations seemed to change all the time in 2019!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

I heard Kelli say something like "we specifically told you not to post anything about your experience in training camp" or something along those lines.  I think I remember her saying she pushed the envelope on it.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Is that Erin and Tori completing the triangle? I like Armani at point! I love that you get to see different girls shine every week at the Christmas show. It seems to be only the first/last show that every has to perform at if I remember rightly as formations seemed to change all the time in 2019!

I think you’re right about the formations changing weekly. In that guy’s same story, Caroline was point at top when they’re in the Christmas uniform. And I remember when Bridget held point during the show a while back. The rotation is nice — I think it also gives us a glimpse into who K & J might consider for future points. 

• Love 11

yes because the 2021 audition and training camp thread is shut down I am going back at the comments. We sure had a wild time. Thanks to everyone and the insiders that made it all fun.

Some more picture throw backs.

5 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

2 hours ago, Kamal said:

yes because the 2021 audition and training camp thread is shut down I am going back at the comments. We sure had a wild time. Thanks to everyone and the insiders that made it all fun.

I didn't look much on TicTok but I did follow Ava's Instagram this summer while she was in training camp. She didn't post much of anything, but she did attend a Kip Moore concert where she commented about maybe someday being a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader in tune with his lyrics, and a friend asked her if she was cut, and she responded, "home on a break" then she later deleted both those comments. 

Fairly harmless and nearly any TC candidate could have gotten away with it, but K&J were searching like hawks for a reason to cut her and determine, yes, she is too immature for this team. 

I think Ava was taken aback, not by the cut, but by the reasons, you could see that in her exit interview. K&J stewed on her too long, and exaggerated some of this for the show. Kelli wasn't too welcoming about her returning next year, so I think Ava might not come back right away, or at all. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I had  two questions posted just before the thread closed. So I am reposting here.

{side note: I feel like I was in a store and the power failed and I had to leave all of my unpurchased items behind , just to start all over some place else }

image.png.71badfeee8013352af5e62df0f82a16d.png

image.png.f0433777c7872f678081cdc6b7dda244.png

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

image.thumb.png.d2d9c8249f148645ba3901fb3417d4af.png

Also from the closed thread.... @Uk-Eve

Kristen has also heavily hinted in all her wedding posts on her social media that she will be joining her soon-to-be husband after they get married. I think the wedding is in February. He recently moved to Louisana, so it is assumed she will be moving there as well and this would be her final season as a DCC.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

This visit Kelli said she was posting about being in training camp, which is a no-no, so another bad decision on Ava's part. 

I was so happy for the rookies and vets.   I liked how they announced the team this year.    Everyone looked so good at the performances.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Katmcc said:

I think we need a 2021-22 forum but…

on the DCC Facebook, someone said in the comments, Amanda was asked to leave for a relationship with a player. Not the vaccine. Any insights? 

That sounds like they mistook Amanda for Holly.

YAAAAAAAY WE FINALLY GOT THE CAMEO PHOTOS!!!!!! Here are my thoughts...

Happy GIF by Hey Duggee

Most Improved From Last Year's Cameo Photo goes to Kat. They have finally found a good photo for her.

Best Rookie Photo goes to Kaydianna. GURLLLLLL SHE IS STUNNING!!!!

Most Disappointing Rookie Photo goes to Tori. I was expecting a better photo for Tori since she has had killer field photos. I blame it on K and J for picking this photo.

Best Veteran Photo goes to Kat.

Most Disappointing Veteran Photo goes to Gina. I guess it's because she has changed so drastically since she got injured back in 2019 that it still shocks me every time I see a photo of her. And I am not talking about her figure, I am talking about her tan.

I like that they stuck with the white background instead of the clipped out transparent background that they did for last year's cameo photos. Also we better get a real squad photo next year, cause I am done with this photoshop mess. 

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Also we better get a real squad photo next year, cause I am done with this photoshop mess. 

Seriously - Erin and Taylor look like they have had their legs clipped off in the team photo. And they got Tori's height wrong, she is not shorter and more petite than Christina.

I think they could have made Ashlee'more prominent as a 4 year vet. 

The one thing I like about the team photo is KayDianna in the center spot, back row. Usually whoever is in this place looks awkward. This year they nailed it, she looks great.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I heard Kelli say something like "we specifically told you not to post anything about your experience in training camp" or something along those lines.  I think I remember her saying she pushed the envelope on it.   

But other TCC announced that they were in training camp on insta too? Megan announced it on insta May 28. How is it different for Ava?

• Love 1

Sorry if this has already been posted, but the squad reveal video is up on Instagram. I like how they featured each one of the group leaders at the end with what looked like their respective groups - it also got around the sticky issue of picking just one point like the 2019 reveal. 

Edited by Touch the Star
Fixed grammar issue
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Touch the Star said:

Sorry if this has already been posted, but the squad reveal video is up on Instagram. I like how they featured each one of the group leaders at the end with what looked like their respective groups - it also got around the sticky issue of picking just one point like the 2019 reveal. 

I wonder why they showed Christina, Elli, Chandi, and Kristen so briefly. I would understand that better if it were a group of 4 rookies, but Chandi?
That is surprising.

And they also barely showed Megan and Jessica, but it looks like that is maybe Jessica's body in the opening shots going by the bouncy long blonde curls, or that could be Tori, or whomever has a mole on their neck 😄

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Touch the Star said:

Madeline S looks absolutely STUNNING in this.  Many of the other girls looked better here as well.  Why couldn't the squad photo look as good as this video did?

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Madeline S looks absolutely STUNNING in this.  Many of the other girls looked better here as well.  Why couldn't the squad photo look as good as this video did?

Who wants to place bets on how long before KayDianna goes back to the straight extensions? I think Paige and Tessa proclaimed to love their new look and then went back as soon as possible.

I also see rookie Amber getting the ‘Lacy’ nose job ASAP.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, rosebud927 said:

But other TCC announced that they were in training camp on insta too? Megan announced it on insta May 28. How is it different for Ava?

Probably the timing. Many tcc announce they made it to finals (before the video auditions) and then that they were accepted into training camp on SM -- but then don't post anything training camp/DCC related during training camp/before the show finale (those who made it -- I assume those cut can post after their cut episode airs). An exception may be promotional posts about watching MTT during the season.

Ava's post seems to have been made during training camp -- saying she's home on break let's people know she's still in training camp. That was the no-no. Not a big deal really, but they try to keep a lid on things until the show airs/the first game (although if you read the spoiler sections, we pretty much find out things as they happen). She was already on thin ice because of the tik-tok video and probably being monitored because of it, so the comment was caught & gave them the excuse they needed to get rid of her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I thought it might be fun to make predictions about the rookie class. Tell me your:

Rockstar Rookie: Great dancer and ambassador, ROTY candidate

One and Done: Either retires or gets cut next season

Sleeper Hit: Flies under the radar at first but starts to really shine in year 2 or 3

Edited by ExtremeFajitas
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, StellaCL said:

wonder why they showed Christina, Elli, Chandi, and Kristen so briefly. I would understand that better if it were a group of 4 rookies, but Chandi?

As a strong #teamChandi girl I was really pissed about this. I barely got to see her. She's in the front triangle, she should've got more spotlight in the reveal.

Apart from that unfair nonsense the editing of the video was great. I think this is the best one they've ever made.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

I thought it might be fun to make predictions about the rookie class. Tell me your:

One and Done: Either retires or gets cuts next season

Sleeper Hit: Flies under the radar at first but starts to really shine in year 2 or 3

Rockstar Rookie: Kleine, Tyra, Kaydianna, Tori

One and Done: Rebecca

Sleeper Hit: Jensen, Madeline S, Ashlinn

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Rockstar Rookie: Tori

One and Done: None. "For the first time ever we took back our entire rookie class" just so we can hear K&J say that over and over again next season 😄

Sleeper Hit: Lea. She's strong. I expect to see her as show group, group leader, and a 4 year tenure as one of their strongest dancers.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

You heard it here first: Tori will be 2023 point

Also it stresses me out that Kelcey and Chandi will be group leaders without being second leaders first

Only 8 group leaders - this entire group would have to retire: Gina, Lexie, Caroline, Rachel, Amber, Ashlee, Erin, Jalyn.

My bet is they will lose 4 or 5 of those 8, so potentially the 4 first group leader spots will just stay with the same old. 

Chandi and Kelcey (hopefully they both return!) seem like shoo-ins for 2nd GL. Likely other contenders would be McKenzie, Claire, and Darian. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Only 8 group leaders - this entire group would have to retire: Gina, Lexie, Caroline, Rachel, Amber, Ashlee, Erin, Jalyn.

My bet is they will lose 4 or 5 of those 8, so potentially the 4 first group leader spots will just stay with the same old. 

Chandi and Kelcey (hopefully they both return!) seem like shoo-ins for 2nd GL. Likely other contenders would be McKenzie, Claire, and Darian. 

I really think only two of that group will come back. Caroline and someone else (Gina, Rachel, or Ashlee)

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Rockstar Rookie:  Tori, with Kleine a close second (I think Tori squeaks by as better Ambassador)

One And Done:  There's so many that shouldn't have made the team this year...let's see:  Lea, Christina, Amber

Sleeper Hit:  Megan

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, JapMo said:

Rockstar Rookie:  Tori, with Kleine a close second (I think Tori squeaks by as better Ambassador)

One And Done:  There's so many that shouldn't have made the team this year...let's see:  Lea, Christina, Amber

Sleeper Hit:  Megan

Megan actually stayed with Jackie Bob while in TC. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Rockstar Rookie: Kleine is a superstar and seems to be the best cheerleader for her teammates.

One and Done: I think they'll all try again but Amber and Jensen only just sneaked through for me so could fit in this category.

Sleeper Hit: Rebecca, Kelee and Lea all have SG potential to me and I cannot believe the unpopularity of Lea! I think she's refreshing!

• Love 13
31 minutes ago, JapMo said:

I wonder why they never showed them...they showed Natalie Wood and Kleine twice.

Maybe Jackie didn't want to be featured. Natalie is a producer for the show and it could be why she got to be on. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, MrsEVH said:

Maybe Jackie didn't want to be featured. Natalie works for cmt and it could be why she got to be on. 

Thanks for the explanation.  I would have loved to see Jackie Bob again.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

54 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Maybe Jackie didn't want to be featured. Natalie is a producer for the show and it could be why she got to be on. 

What is Jackie's "full time job" now? She and Cassie works Junior DCC now I know. I think Junior DCC is Cassie's "only" job now besides being a full time mum

1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Sleeper Hit: Rebecca, Kelee and Lea all have SG potential to me and I cannot believe the unpopularity of Lea! I think she's refreshing!

I don't think Lea is unpopular. These forums aren't a great representation of public opinion. 

Case in point, Victoria is well loved has tons of social media support, but if you were to guess only by this forum or reddit - she's highly unpopular. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

What is Jackie's "full time job" now? She and Cassie works Junior DCC now I know. I think Junior DCC is Cassie's "only" job now besides being a full time mum

Her LinkedIn says "Marketing and Sales Professional" but I don't know if it's current. Seems like a lot of retired DCCs are SAHMs with part time or on the side jobs. IMHO they probably don't have to work unlike most of us the real world do.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

10 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Her LinkedIn says "Marketing and Sales Professional" but I don't know if it's current. Seems like a lot of retired DCCs are SAHMs with part time or on the side jobs. IMHO they probably don't have to work unlike most of us the real world do.

I think she works for the Cowboys with fan appearances https://www.instagram.com/cowboystravel/
She was there at the 60th anniversary working.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/20/2021 at 3:39 PM, MegzClarkie said:

So from reading comments on the girls announcement post I think they are the boot buddies 

2A1A96B0-6896-4052-BA6C-B186D6EB91B4.jpeg

This is all correct!  Some of the TCCs who didn't make the team but had families were

• Ashley (with Ashlee's family)
  • Jordann (with Chandi's family)
  • Melanie (with Caroline's family)
  • Cailey (with Kat's family)

and I have these for some of the season 10/11 girls:

• Tess - Erin - Jessica - Rebecca
  • Maddie - Hannah / Alanna - Kat - Jada - Lea
  • Khalyn - Ashlee - Armani - Madeline S
  • Heather O - Bridget - (Kelcey) 
  • Amy L - Lily - (McKenzie)

Rachel A was also with Tori when she was a 2020 TCC

Edited by Kitty Sharter
56 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Lea is probably my least favorite DCC ever

My least favorite is either Cassie Trammell or Christina (the previous Christina, although I’m not a fan of the new one either), but if it were up to me, I would not have put Lea on the team.

Rookie Rockstar: Tori

One and Done: Christina, Jensen, Amber, Lea… I think Kleine could end up being a surprise one and done - I could see her getting married, checking DCC off her bucket list, and deciding to move on. 

Sleeper hit: Rebecca.

I think Madeline S. will be either one and done or a sleeper hit. She’s gorgeous, so with more power and precision, I think she could become a favorite. But I think if she doesn’t improve her power, they won’t give her a second season. If I were Madeline S. I would be taking every power pom class I possibly could.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

She was 100% a standout for me too. I really hope she continues to improve in power pom, as she definitely seems to have the skills technically in other areas of dance. 

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I get that Natalie W is popular and has a media following, tho more low key than MRS, but this all day. Let’s see some other hosts please. 

• Love 9