Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Let the Games Begin

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I know I’d be bounced if skiing was a criteria to be part of that family! 😁

This can't be for real.  A family won't accept her because she isn't good at skiing?  Really??  This has to be a desperate attempt at a storyline.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

One of my pet peeves is when someone says First Annual. An event doesn’t become “annual” until the second year it takes place. It is the First Event and then the Second Annual Event. Effing basic Kyle.

Also Amanda is so New Jersey with her “come to the mOW-in”. 

😆

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

These people are so ridiculously serious about vacation flirting and fucking.  I mean, maybe I'm just a reformed Libertine or some kind of whore, but I have a lot of agita over these weirdo high-maintenance single folks' dating life.  Please tell me I was not like this at this age.  Maybe a larger bell-curve of people are than I remember.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I am absolutely positive that Austen lives for the drama Madison brings to his life.  Run, Ciara, run!  That girl is drop dead gorgeous and deserves so much better than that. For that matter, so does Craig.

Next week is the season finale?  I knew if was a short season but still surprised that they only managed to get 6 episodes out of what 17 days of filming?

• Love 11

What I find so frustrating is the people who don’t know how to ski or don’t ski well could have spent 5 of the 17 days in ski school. Austen yelling PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA is not a ski lesson. What a missed opportunity. 

More outdoor footage would have been so much more interesting than nightly theme parties, but then, this is Bravo.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Lassus said:

Yes.

And yet, no.

Luke doesn't annoy me.  I'm not sure if his outdoorsy-athletic-lumberjack persona is schtick or not, but he seems harmless, and I chuckled when he asked Craig if he wanted to go tap a tree and Craig was like, I'll pass.  I didn't really watch Summer House though, so he may have been different there.  On Winter House - if I'm having to choose which guys I'd want to hang out with -it'd 100% be Craig and Luke.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Ss55 said:

I didn't really watch Summer House though, so he may have been different there.  On Winter House - if I'm having to choose which guys I'd want to hang out with -it'd 100% be Craig and Luke.

This is fair.  On Summer House he really was a bit of an outdoorsy emotionally disaffected Minnesotan Austen, and here his vibe has been mostly different.  (Then again, he has preferred and lavished attention on unavailable Julia rather than available Gabby, so I still see it.)

• Love 2
11 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

What I find so frustrating is the people who don’t know how to ski or don’t ski well could have spent 5 of the 17 days in ski school.

Yes! I don't ski but husband did (when he was younger) and said he was a terrible skier and about to give up until someone suggested he take some private lessons and it made all the difference. Why wouldn't Kyle and his ski snob parents suggest that? 

It makes me sick to see how they all have trashed this house. It's disgusting. I don't think they let it get this bad in the Summer House. Even the bedrooms were gross. 

I always liked Luke but it feels like he doesn't really belong with this crowd. I think he is outgrowing all the hooking up and partying.  

Lyndsey, girl calm yourself. 

• Love 11
22 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I always liked Luke but it feels like he doesn't really belong with this crowd. I think he is outgrowing all the hooking up and partying.  

Good point. Last season when he was called a fuck boy, which he wasn't, by Kyle and Carl, who were, he was the one who left the house to avoid having the argument continue to escalate.

• Love 7

I think Luke has some self-awareness and has purposely changed his behavior based on the events from Summer House. If I remember correctly, he was just out of a long-term relationship (even bought an engagement ring) before filming.  He rebounded into dalliances with Hannah, Ciara, others and maybe kinda strung some of them along.  I don't think he enjoyed the resulting drama and being dragged for his behavior. I also think he might genuinely be more of a serial monogamist. I think his quick, direct no to Gabby reflects those learnings. That said, he was open to something happening with Jules, she shot him down just as quickly.

I keep waiting to see Craig make googoo eyes at Paige or vice versa. Not sensing a ton of chemistry there. 

• Love 4

Jason is very hot. Like to me he’s the hottest guy in the house. He is cute too with how he acts and his smile is 10/10 lol.

The foursome of Paige Austen Andrea and Ciara is annoying as fuck and unappealing to me. Less of them pls. Not a bit of chemistry to be found between any of those ppl.

I get wanting your partner to like skiing too but if she doesn’t whatever it’s not a big deal lol.

Luke continues to be pretty hot. Am I remembering wrong from Summer House or did Luke and Ciara used to hook up? I’m pretty sure that’s true.

Lol Andrea saying he’s old fashioned. Is it old fashioned to be a guy banging diff ladies around the world. Idk Maybe lol.

Why is Gabby so heartbroken? She just met Luke and barely knows him. Don’t embarrass yourself and move on.

Skiing is fun. I was better at skiing then snowboarding and loved skiing til I broke my collarbone doing it. Was still fun after that but that changed it a bit. Was kind of fun to watch them go skiing. More entertaining then their lame looking parties lol.

Why are these ppl talking relationships. They are barely hanging with these guys. Am I missing something. Ciara thinks she could fall in love with Austen? Like wtf lol. I feel like I’m crazy watching this shit sometimes.

Why do I not believe Kyle is working as much as he says lol.

Austen looked like an idiot in his Viking gear lol. His shit with Madison was not entertaining when I watched it on Southern Charm. I don’t need to see more it. He’s such a sad sack attention seeker with it too. Poor Craig having to constantly deal with his shit lol. Madison is a POS tho.

Luke and Jason in Viking gear um yes pls lol.

Ciara had to be in her bikini to throw a log? Seems a bit desperate lol.

I mean Austen is a diva bitch but Julia’s questions were stupid lol.

An I supposed to care about Austen and Ciara’s “relationship” lol. Idk if I ever cared less about something. It’s a fucking fling relax and enjoy lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Marley said:

Ciara had to be in her bikini to throw a log? Seems a bit desperate lol.

Ok I was wondering the same thing too.  I get being a little over heated and needing to shed some layers but to completely strip to your underwear to do what?  Throw a log?  Gurl bye.  I'm kinda glad this is a super short season because I'm already getting sick of most of these people 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I’m not sure if Bravo considered casting Danielle, Jules or Hannah for Winter House, however I will give each of them credit for avoiding this boring catastrophe of a show. The daily theme parties are just terrible television.

• Love 3
On 11/17/2021 at 6:45 AM, Dirtybubble said:

This can't be for real.  A family won't accept her because she isn't good at skiing?  Really??  This has to be a desperate attempt at a storyline.

Amanda has forgiven their shitty son for cheating on her 1000000 times, but she's not the skiier that the Cookes are, so she's not acceptable???  Okaaaayyyyyy......

On 11/19/2021 at 12:09 AM, Lassus said:

These people are so ridiculously serious about vacation flirting and fucking.  I mean, maybe I'm just a reformed Libertine or some kind of whore, but I have a lot of agita over these weirdo high-maintenance single folks' dating life.  Please tell me I was not like this at this age.  Maybe a larger bell-curve of people are than I remember.

I love seeing movies and tv shows in the snow, but this series is more boring than season 500 of Big Brother.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/20/2021 at 9:02 PM, Marley said:

Why are these ppl talking relationships. They are barely hanging with these guys. Am I missing something. Ciara thinks she could fall in love with Austen? Like wtf lol. I feel like I’m crazy watching this shit sometimes.

Marley - slow clap to your entire post.  But as far as this tidbit.......Ciara's fawning over Austen is making me stabby.  Go for it girl, I don't think anyone is going to feel bad for you when you don't make it down the aisle.  It is absolutely perplexing to see her say she's never felt this way about anyone before.  WHY????  You've never dated a tall guy, because what else is she basing this on?  Austen is a textbook loser from top to bottom.  He doesn't seem that smart, not particularly witty, is a cheater and he has no job.  He seems to trot Trop-Hop out for a party once a season on Southern Charm.  Are we supposed to applaud? 

Same with Paige.  Does she really think Andrea is a safe bet in the long-term monogamy game?  Can she articulate, other than his looks, why she's so gaga over him? 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

He seems to trot Trop-Hop out for a party once a season on Southern Charm.

That's a really good point. There was no Trop Hop on Winter House. Kyle must have secured exclusivity rights for Lover Boy (and apparently Fire Ball doesn't count). 

• Love 4