Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: The Avenging Angel

mxc90
  • Start Topic

The Task Force races to locate a blacklister who uses any means necessary to return what has been unjustly stolen. Ressler asks Park for a favor. Cooper tries to piece together an event for which he has no memory.

For the viewer's justice, The Avenging Angel needed to pay a visit to the show's writers. Then to me for watching all these years. Also, she could have paid a visit to owners of the NY Mets and NY Giants on behalf of their fans. But thanks Red, you just had to kill her!
Why would anyone call a business or product "Genocyte"? To close to genocide.
Seeing Adam McHenry read the cue cards was a behind the scenes look at the way the actors on this show film their scenes.
Doug Koster the man that Cooper's wife was cheating on him with was killed. I wonder if Cuckold Cooper consoled his wife on her lost and brought her flowers.
Poor Cooper. He can be missing for hours/days, tell "Cheating Charlene" a story and she would never ever think he's getting payback with another woman.
Who else would know to connect Cooper to Doug to try to frame him for murder? I think Charlene bragged to the neighborhood and her friends she was cheating.
If Ressler is not in the FBI, should he be in the building? Then he's apologizing to Cooper for being late! Why? He dosen't work there!
Oh Cooper! Who is this "We" that needs Ressler reinstated? Speak for yourself buddy.
Ressler had to strip on two occasions as creepy looking doctors stared at his "Little Donald". Is going through this humility worth it for this low paying job? There's nothing wrong with fixing cars in Detroit. Go back home!
How convenient that Avenging Angel is a perfect match for William Green. I get the feeling Mr. Green will not be around by Thanksgiving.
Who knew passing confidential envelopes to Cooper can make Aram so nervous that he has to keep telling Cooper he's here to help him. 
So now does Ressler need to fake having cancer to the officials in order to stay in the FBI? This is some "Three's Company" level of absurdity going on!
I was hoping the test result was Ressler is pregnant.

Park will need to get in touch with Red's witch to cure her. She got rid of whatever was ailing Red from the previous season.
The show must be getting crazy when I have to hope and pray for Red to not makeout with the 90 year old singer of a death metal band.
Where has been Weecha all this time when we were begging for someone to take down Liz?

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Well that was kind of fun, especially the part where Ressler got something stuck up his pee hole. It would be humiliating to be pissed on but it never occurred to me that he would be pissed into. Between that and the sepsis last season, it would seem one of the writers does not like Donald. All we need to tie a bow on this is for another test result to come in saying that he got chlamydia from Liz.

Red's heist was the highlight. "Oh, that painting there? Must be worth at least $500k!" That was golden.

I'm going to speculate that all of this bad news trickling in for the team is related to a larger plot to be revealed later in the season. The ultimate Blacklister is going to be some disgraced veterinarian who has found a way to communicate with animals and who has been tracking the task force via the discarded pets they leave in their wake. That's why Vesco didn't ask about his cat last week. He's in on it and he doesn't want to blow their cover.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

What the heck was that?!? Killer Cooper, Peeing Ressler, Cancer Park, Executioner Red...

I was thinking they were setting up Park and Aram, but now it's obviously Park and Ressler.

Was that Elderly Courtney Love a real person or just a character?

4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

How convenient that Avenging Angel is a perfect match for William Green.

Yeah, I would have answered AB- when Red asked what blood type I was.

33 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

It would be humiliating to be pissed on but it never occurred to me that he would be pissed into.

Have a tube jammed  up your penis and into your bladder to fake a test result?  Wouldn't quitting drugs be a lot easier?

4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Why would anyone call a business or product "Genocyte"? To close to genocide.

I had to rewind and watch with CC because that's exactly what I thought he said.

A 90 year old death metal singer.  Only in Blacklistworld.

• Love 4

Yes, the urine test made no sense at all.  You can screen for possible cancer but you can't tell if the urine has elevated estrogen levels?  I can sort of see how Ressler could explain away the screening results by saying he got a second or third opinion.  As for Park, who knows and I hope that TPTB aren't planning on trying to put her and Ressler "together" although we are supposed to be seeing her husband so who knows?

Don't get the Cooper thing at all except that TPTB seem to prefer keeping the task force members in a state of possible criminal malfeasance.  Someone is obviously trying to set him up.  You have the cop who got his license plates so obviously this has got to come and bite him in the butt later.  And yes, Aram and his wanting to help and concern every time Cooper came in was beyond annoying.  We get it, you want to help, now go back to doing what it is your actual job entails.

So is Red going to pay the guy for the painting or is he just going to let the guy twist in the wind when dad finds out the son gave the painting to Red?

• Love 3

If Ressler is so much of an addict than he can't quit long enough to get a clear urine test, maybe he should go back to his auto-repair shop and forget about getting rehired as an FBI agent. While he said HE NEEDS THIS JOB! he seems to have supported himself the last two years. Although maybe once he gets a regular FBI paycheck he can buy some razors/shaving kit.

• Love 6

Silly little thing, but whenever an actor who was notable on my mom's favorite soap opera shows up in anything, like Scott Bryce tonight (the billionaire who Red saves from the Avenging Angel), it just makes me think about the fact that that since she passed away a couple of years ago, there's no one else who cares about these factoids anymore but they still occur to me. "Oh hey! It's Scott Bryce! Huh...no one else cares anymore." 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

This episode was pretty dull.

Don't care about Ressler's drug issues.  Don't care about Park's health issues.  Don't care about Cooper's wife's infidelity issues.

Maybe I missed it, but was Lizzie even mentioned this episode ? If not, at least that's progress.

Still no sign of the dogs, Robert Vesco's cat or Sierra the cat.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Don't care about Ressler's drug issues.  Don't care about Park's health issues.  Don't care about Cooper's wife's infidelity issues.

Maybe I missed it, but was Lizzie even mentioned this episode ? If not, at least that's progress.

But, Vesco was mentioned by Agent Zuma.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Same here, Remove those and this episode would have been five minutes long, including commercials. 

• LOL 1
10 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Silly little thing, but whenever an actor who was notable on my mom's favorite soap opera shows up in anything, like Scott Bryce tonight (the billionaire who Red saves from the Avenging Angel), it just makes me think about the fact that that since she passed away a couple of years ago, there's no one else who cares about these factoids anymore but they still occur to me. "Oh hey! It's Scott Bryce! Huh...no one else cares anymore." 

I noticed him! I remember him as Craig Montgomery on As the World Turns. Fun fact: the actress playing Red’s witch friend was also on ATWT. Oh, the things my brain remembers. 

I didn’t even recognize Annabella Sciorra as the Avenging Angel at first. But then I saw her name in the credits. 

It’s weird but I like Park a lot more now that she wears her hair down. 

• Love 1
On 11/12/2021 at 4:32 PM, PBnJay said:

If Ressler is so much of an addict than he can't quit long enough to get a clear urine test, maybe he should go back to his auto-repair shop and forget about getting rehired as an FBI agent.

I think Ressler said he did quit, but it hadn't been long enough for the drugs to clear out of his system. But either way, I'm sure the drug drama will continue.

• Love 2
On 11/13/2021 at 6:00 AM, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, I used to play "Hey, it's that guy/girl" with my dad when we watched tv too.

• Love 1
On 11/13/2021 at 9:24 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Finally, no mention of Lizzie...this show is surviving without her, just as I thought it would. They should have ditched her a couple of seasons before she quit.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Finally, no mention of Lizzie...this show is surviving without her, just as I thought it would. They should have ditched her a couple of seasons before she quit.

Lizzie going on the run and Red continuing to work on the Blacklist to keep her protected really would have worked well, and then she could just return for the series finale to wrap shit up. Instead, it'll be Agnes.

• Love 1
On 11/13/2021 at 3:57 PM, desertflower said:

I noticed him! I remember him as Craig Montgomery on As the World Turns. Fun fact: the actress playing Red’s witch friend was also on ATWT.

I watched ATWT every day yet never recognized those two since they no longer are 25 years old. So thanks for the tip!

On 11/13/2021 at 4:57 PM, desertflower said:

Fun fact: the actress playing Red’s witch friend was also on ATWT. Oh, the things my brain remembers

And he had his arm around her when he was sitting beside her while talking to Heddie. Are they a couple?

Red's hair is also growing back. Despite the in-show explanation for his baldness in the season's first episode, perhaps Spader needed to shave for a movie