Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06 Poker Faces

• Start Topic

Lala comes under fire during a girls' night; Brock must answer to Lisa Vanderpump after the darkness in his past is revealed; Raquel takes James to a boxing class to work on his anger; Randall hosts a poker night for the guys.

There is no fucking way the Toms' new restaurant/bar is going to happen.

I am beyond tired of hearing about Brock, especially from LaLa.

I thought James was a;ready attending AA meetings?

Was this poker game a sneaky way to help fund Sandy Schwartz? Hey, it's the gardener from Desperate Housewives!

ETA: Schemer and Brock will be on WWHL

Edited by Gharlane
  • Love 9

Brock seems like trash and every new piece of information that comes out (even from his own mouth) just makes that clearer. But he sure does love to be on TV and he sure does love to make a performance out of feeling sorry for himself.

Lala shouldn't be coming in dialed up to 10 every time if she expects to have a real conversation about this, but if my friend had a baby with a guy who had slapped his ex and hasn't seen his kids for 4 years for... reasons, I'd be concerned for her and I'd question her judgment.

• Love 16

Jesse Metcalfe seemed like a douche.

No wonder Randall is having financial issues he seems to suck at poker and is always playing it.

Katie was an extra sourpuss negative b tonight.

LaLa’s concern is such bs lol. She is such a miserable bitch. She is in no place to judge anyone.

Why does Brock have to explain anything to Lisa tho. Like I guess she’s an executive producer of the show but she’s not the boss of everyone. Altho they always have to portray it that way and suck up to her constantly. Altho she didn’t really bother me at the cocktail thing she was actually pretty chill.

Brock’s situation doesn’t sound great tho. I don’t think a guy should ever hit a woman but they are acting like he beat the shit out his ex.

Toms cocktail was stupid and there was barely any smoke coming out it. Schwartz cocktail looked delish.

LaLa keeps bringing the same shit up. I’m somehow team Scheana even tho hers and Brock’s situation does seem kind of red flag-y but who knows.. I actually was agreeing with Sandoval at the end. Which is surprising lol.

• Love 9

Lala is very hostile to Scheana, Brock & Sandoval this season.

I think the Toms should listen to LVP & Ken who have more experience in opening bars & restaurants.

Schwartz seems to be clueless about the financial implications of mortgaging his house for the bar.

• Love 10

James at the beginning of the ep:  "I guess Brock would have been younger when he had his kids?" 😂. There's a real brain trust in that apartment.  (I do like Raquel though, and hopes she moves on before the wedding. The boxing coach was cute - in case you're reading, Raquel 😃 )

Brock seems like a fit with Scheana - two shallow, silly people who want to be seen on a screen of any kind, and kind of stupid to boot.  Giving him the benefit of the doubt - I think he seems to feel like his kids are settled and doesn't want to disrupt their lives now, but doesn't know how to express that because everyone would be self-righteously claiming that they'd move mountains to see their kid, etc.  Maybe leaving them with their mom and step-dad is the right move for them.  If he smacked his wife once as a teenager and it's never happened again in over a decade, I can give him a break on that.  I knew a guy who married a crazy woman (he actually met her in a psych ward when he was visiting someone - she was a patient) and she would get violent and attack him.  Once she chased him into the yard when he was holding their newborn baby and he ended up smacking her off, and then got in trouble for it.  And then they divorced.  So one hit way back then - I'm not going to judge; who knows the situation.  What I do judge him for is leaving Australia to "make a better life for himself" which apparently means cadging onto a cheap reality show and "vlogging".  (How did he make the opening credits anyway?) He could have been a personal trainer in Australia.  I also LOL when everyone is all, "You're not just dating him - you had a baby with him!" as if Scheana wouldn't have done that with any guy who came along at the right time 😄

I too was on Sandoval's side in the final argument.  And if the one thing "Lala" "stands on" is that she's a "good mother fucker" - words fail me.  But I'll be crafting my response as I lay in bed trying to fall asleep tonight 🤔 😂🤣

Edited by princelina
  • Love 13

I just remembered how shifty Lisa was with trying to pretend like she was trying to help when she offered to buy Tom and Tom out. I know they only have like 5% but it’s prob 5% more then what she wants them to have and that was such a shady move. 

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, princelina said:

What I do judge him for is leaving Australia to "make a better life for himself" which apparently means cadging onto a cheap reality show and "vlogging".  (How did he make the opening credits anyway?) He could have been a personal trainer in Australia. 

I assume that "personal trainer" is code for "failed actor."

• LOL 6

WWHL: Scheana once dated Jesse Metcalfe, who played a gardener on “Desperate Housewives.” She also dated John Mayer.

Andy drank some of her breast milk.

She’s not experiencing any schadenfreude with regard to Randall asking the court for reduced child support payments.

(My opinion, not a WWHL moment:) Heh. Sandoval might not have attacked LaLa if LVP had not rejected his cocktail.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Schwartz seems to be clueless about the financial implications of mortgaging his house for the bar.

Schwartz is clueless about everything.  He and Jax were the most untalented people on the show.  No drive, no abilities, nothing.  They would just talk about having done something years and years ago, or their intention of doing something, so they don't instantly come across as effing morons and losers - eg. Schwartz always talking about having gone to college 'as pre-med', and Jax talking about how he was in the military (all of 5 months!) and how he was going to be a fireman.

4 hours ago, princelina said:

Once she chased him into the yard when he was holding their newborn baby and he ended up smacking her off, and then got in trouble for it.  And then they divorced.  So one hit way back then - I'm not going to judge; who knows the situation. 

That's more self-defense than attacking or abusing.  One, there was a very vulnerable baby right there in the middle of it, who could have been seriously harmed.  Men are taught to not hit women, as in, don't hit women just because she's annoying you, or because she disagreed with you.  You can't just randomly attack women - or men for that matter - just for giving you the shits.  She could hit you and you may still have to hold back.  Not fair, but it's more to do with physical strength, because men tend to be bigger and stronger than women. 

Having said that, if a woman keeps hitting you, you are allowed to hold her arms to stop her from doing that, especially if you're holding a baby!!!  If ANYONE keeps hitting you, you are allowed to defend yourself!  If your friend was holding their baby and his wife kept chasing him, she obviously didn't give a shit about the safety and the well-being of their baby!!

2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

WWHL: Scheana once dated Jesse Metcalfe, who played a gardener on “Desperate Housewives.” She also dated John Mayer.

I guess she wasn't enough of a sexual napalm for him.

Edited by SarahPrtr
  • Love 3

Brock trips my shady radar. In part, due to the gold tank top he's sporting in his interview clips. But seriously, what is his actual background?  I read that he had two gyms close during the pandemic. So have they reopened or is Scheana now his entire meal ticket?  

If Scheana were my friend, I would be concerned by the situation as well. If the talk between Lisa & Brock was staged to allow him to share details and gain sympathy, it backfired. Even more confused on when the violence occurred and whether he now pays child support. He gave me the impression (despite his tears) that he's washed his hands of the children. The way he talked about them having a new father, like he no longer has any financial obligation.  Watch out, Scheana.  That's likely how he'll leave you (see karma, e,g, Lala/Randall)

More importantly, why are Sandoval's control/anger issues not addressed? The way he snapped at Lisa, in her own home, was downright frightening. Just me or does Ariana seem to cower a bit like she knows an explosion is coming?  What's really not cool is how he seems to think he's the arbiter of the group and wants to regulate everyone's behavior. Obnoxious little pissant.

Edited by snarts
  • Love 12

On WWHL, Brock said he played professional rugby in Australia but came to the U.S. because he had a chance at the NFL. That didn't work out but apparently other doors opened here, and that's why he's here.  He also did say a couple of times that he respects the mother of his kids and feels like they are in a good situation with her and their step-dad, and he doesn't want to disrupt that. That being said, while he didn't outright say it, it basically sounds like he still hasn't finally paid off the back child support he owes - he said that the ex said that once he gets that cleared up, they can talk about how he will be a part of the kids' lives.

I can understand why this is all setting off red flags for Lala.  It all sounds a little shady. But I also wonder how much of her strong reaction to the situation has as much to do with her feeling insecure about her relationship with Randall (for good reason, obviously). It just feels like she is projecting a lot of her own stuff onto Sheana. 

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

FI Tom is the biggest poser/toolbag on television. If the new bar ever happens I hope it is an epic failure.

These two have no idea.   Cost of liquor license alone in California is almost $14,000 a year.  Never mind construction, permits, decor, supplies.  They went to a couple of design meetings for TomTom and swung a sledgehammer for the cameras.  These guys are probably looking at over a million just to get everything moving.  

haven’t watched the episode yet but I thought last week that Lisa and Ken would consider buying the Toms out.  It would be a good time since the value at present is probably lower than it would be a year from now.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

These two have no idea.   Cost of liquor license alone in California is almost $14,000 a year.  Never mind construction, permits, decor, supplies.  They went to a couple of design meetings for TomTom and swung a sledgehammer for the cameras.  These guys are probably looking at over a million just to get everything moving.  

haven’t watched the episode yet but I thought last week that Lisa and Ken would consider buying the Toms out.  It would be a good time since the value at present is probably lower than it would be a year from now.  

They've never done the ACTUAL WORK of opening and operating a bar, it was mostly done by Lisa and Ken and their contacts.  Are they trying to tell everyone that they have the faintest clue about the First Thing that needs to be done to organise everyyyythiiiiiing required to open a business???  It's like every other celebrity who 'owns' a company.  It's not actually them, who are doing the work, they're just the faces and have lent their names to it.  They're the models, not the businesswo/man.  Don't tell me that Jessica Alba knows the first thing about running a company, she's just the face.  People are buying Her and her image, never mind the products (which I've read are shit, anyway).  The positive reviews are from her fans who are her groupies, and the negative comments are from the parents who are actually concerned about what they're using on their kids - ie. the REAL reviews of the products.

Same thing with the Toms.  Knowing how to make drinks is absolutely NOT the same as running a business.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, princelina said:

James at the beginning of the ep:  "I guess Brock would have been younger when he had his kids?" 😂. There's a real brain trust in that apartment. 

Oh brother.  I thought the same thing.  Yeah, he must have been younger when he had those kids all those years ago.  I couldn't decide whether Raquel was actually processing that comment, i.e., trying to understand it or...if she was wondering, "is he for real?"

• LOL 8

James saying it would be hard for him if Raquel fucked up her nose should be a red flag. Girl, he is saying he will leave your ass if he stops finding you attractive. Don't you dare put on a little weight, have any sort of traumatic accident, or smudge your eyeliner one single time, or that dude is gone. Any guy saying that shit to me would be single real fast. Also pretty funny that Muppet James seems to think so highly of his own looks as if he's got plenty of choices beyond Raquel. 

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, rideashire said:

James saying it would be hard for him if Raquel fucked up her nose should be a red flag. Girl, he is saying he will leave your ass if he stops finding you attractive. Don't you dare put on a little weight, have any sort of traumatic accident, or smudge your eyeliner one single time, or that dude is gone. Any guy saying that shit to me would be single real fast. Also pretty funny that Muppet James seems to think so highly of his own looks as if he's got plenty of choices beyond Raquel. 

He's a walking red flag, and seems like the most abusive out of all of the shitty men who've ever been on VR.  All I can hope for is that this is all made up for the show, because Raquel is not a bad person, and she doesn't deserve all of this bullshit.

• Love 15

I believe James said in the proposal ep something about Raquel getting to be "the first Mrs. James Kennedy" - that was a bigger red flag to me than a fake Tiffany's ring!  The fact that he'll leave her when he no longer finds her attractive to me = when he finds someone more attractive who will have him!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, rideashire said:

Oh man. I TRULY at first was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but he ruined it. Because I definitely could understand someone especially on that show worrying that they'd get too much plastic surgery. Raquel is naturally so beautiful, but everyone on that show was too and only Katie still really looks like herself anymore.

But no, he had to destroy that benefit of the doubt by continuing on!

• Love 7
On 11/2/2021 at 11:15 PM, oakville said:

Lala is very hostile to Scheana, Brock & Sandoval this season.

I think the Toms should listen to LVP & Ken who have more experience in opening bars & restaurants.

Lala is a wannabe thug who acts like she’s mad at the world.  I honestly think that SHE thinks that acting like that makes her appear bad ass and sexy, when in reality it makes her such a Negative Nancy that you couldn’t pay me to hang out with her.  She’s just another Karen, and the world has way too many of those already.  Also, she needs to stop inflating her lips.  They’re looking like Lisa Rinna’s.

• Love 8
On 11/3/2021 at 1:59 PM, princelina said:

I believe James said in the proposal ep something about Raquel getting to be "the first Mrs. James Kennedy" - that was a bigger red flag to me than a fake Tiffany's ring!  The fact that he'll leave her when he no longer finds her attractive to me = when he finds someone more attractive who will have him!

I don’t find one thing attractive about James.  IMO he has no redeeming qualities at all, in the looks department or otherwise.  The best thing that could happen to Raquel would be getting dumped by him.  She’s making a HUGE mistake if she marries the loser.

On 11/3/2021 at 11:24 AM, gwen747 said:

Oh brother.  I thought the same thing.  Yeah, he must have been younger when he had those kids all those years ago.  I couldn't decide whether Raquel was actually processing that comment, i.e., trying to understand it or...if she was wondering, "is he for real?"

I’m pretty sure that Raquel isn’t the brightest bulb in the box.

• Love 7

Interesting that Schwartz said he didn't qualify for the refi on his home, and said that he guessed "Mactor" didn't sit well with the lender.  Uh, Schwartz?   I imagine the fact that you and Katie (who would  also be on the loan since you're married) can only list "reality show participants" as your source of income had a lot to do with it, too.  Neither of you has a real job and there's no guarantee that Bravo won't cancel this show next year.   Also, it has a lot to do with your credit score as well.  I imagine a year of no bar or show income had these two running up credit cards (just a guess) to pay for goodies.  They have to have huge mortgage payments on that house and any unemployment subsidy had to go to that.    

I was trying to figure out if Lisa was going to simply double Schwartz's investment in the buyout.  The way it initially sounded, she was offering to buy BOTH Toms out for their initial investment and then I got the impression she was going to buy Schwartz out for $100,000.  I got the impression initially that Katie was excited about it.   Wonder if she made the same offer to Sandoval?  I wonder if Ken and Lisa would rather be rid of these two.

On 11/3/2021 at 9:13 AM, SarahPrtr said:

They've never done the ACTUAL WORK of opening and operating a bar, it was mostly done by Lisa and Ken and their contacts.  Are they trying to tell everyone that they have the faintest clue about the First Thing that needs to be done to organise everyyyythiiiiiing required to open a business??? 

In fact, I got the impression that their "investor" is not all that enthusiastic about going into business with them.   I notice he asked for a business plan, and I'm waiting to see what happens when they finally have to start crunching the numbers.  Also, there's no guarantee that they will even GET a liquor license.   They should do what they can to get that hurdle out of the way first.  But they have to post the "Intention to Sell Alcohol" prominently on the front of the place, so that the public can weigh in on the potential license.  I usually see these posted even before construction begins.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

His goofy ass showed up at the bank wearing that stupid headband made it easy for them to decline.

Lmao, I can so visualize this!

They probably asked him what he wanted the money for, and he hemmed and hawed and couldn't explain it, just like when the producer asked him about the bar concept in his TH. I'm so glad it's not me married to him! He'd drive me bananas.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

By the way, isn't fab father Rand going to court trying to get his child support reduced and pleading poverty?  

I hope the ex-Mrs. Rand brings a videotape of this episode to the hearing and shows what Mr. Broke Ass is doing with his money - like losing at least $22,000 in poker in two different poker games.

Also, after watching MDL-LA and learning that the higher-up you go in Bel-Air, the cheaper the houses, is Rand's playpen with Lala up the hill from the gleaming mansions?

I know that Chinless Wonder D-List producer was one of something like 32 producers of "The Irishman", which is the closest thing to a hit this clown has seen in a LOOOOONG time, but the thing hasn't even grossed a million worldwide, according to BoxOfficeMojo.  How is he even a presence in Hollywood at this point?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Just change the name of this shit show to Vander Pump Fools.

If I want to see a series about couples having babies I can watch 21 Kids and Counting. 

Lisa's face is morphing into a replica of Michael Jackson.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
On 11/2/2021 at 10:29 PM, Steph J said:

Brock seems like trash and every new piece of information that comes out (even from his own mouth) just makes that clearer. But he sure does love to be on TV and he sure does love to make a performance out of feeling sorry for himself.

Lala shouldn't be coming in dialed up to 10 every time if she expects to have a real conversation about this, but if my friend had a baby with a guy who had slapped his ex and hasn't seen his kids for 4 years for... reasons, I'd be concerned for her and I'd question her judgment.

Only, Lala is not a *friend* to Scheaner.

• Love 6

I just binge-watched this season.  Lord!  I think Randsll is lucky to be away from Lala; she goes from zero to 100 in ten seconds.  And spare me with the hormonal situation.  She brought a nurse to LVP's home.  Spare me. Is she sleeping 4-5 hours a night?  Somehow I doubt it, probably more like 8.

I don't think Brock is a bad guy.  There were more than 4 year stretches when I didn't see my Dad (parents are divorced).  I seriously doubt he was broken-hearted.  I wasn't.  If Brock didn't have the $$$ to pay child support, he didn't have the $$$ to fly back to Australia.  Hopefully he is making it up now with his salary from this show.  I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I am really confused with all of the discussion regarding finances.  Everybody I know who had some fairly recent mortgages has refinanced their homes.  Schwartz and Katie aren't very responsible, are they.  I also don't understand how Ariana thinks she won't be liable if they go bankrupt.  Interesting they didn't feel professionally fulfilled enough to stay with Tom Tom.

Katie remains a complete downer.

• Love 8
On 11/5/2021 at 6:19 AM, Mr. Miner said:

His goofy ass showed up at the bank wearing that stupid headband made it easy for them to decline.

Maybe he was trying to look like Bret Michaels? Both Bret and Tom look ridiculous but Bret actually has money to back up his ridiculousness. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Knowing what we know now, without spoiling, about Scheana and Brock and Lala and Randall, it makes one of the significant story lines entirely irrelevant and obtuse.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Late watching this, obviously.

* There is a reason why Lisa has been so involved with TomTom. If she had left it to Schwartz and Sandy, it would have closed down long before now and she would have been out a lot of money. How ‘bout this for a name for the new place — Two Clowns. Lisa, let these guys finally find out what it’s like to be an adult. Because you’ve held their hands for so long, they think they know what they’re doing. They’re clueless, and maybe when they’re broke and homeless, they’ll wise up….Nah.

* Yes, James, it’s a pretty good bet that Brock was younger than he is now when his kids were born.

* James is not sober. Shocked! Shocked, I say! His reasons excuses are bullshit. Yep — Raquel’s going to be an enabler, like Brittany was for Jax and his anger issues. Raquel — GTFO NOW. Even you know this is a train wreck waiting to happen. WAIT — what the fuck? James BUMPED her nose? This is scary, especially how he’s pressuring her into keeping quiet. Classic abuser behavior.

* Randall playing poker with babysitting the boys. He still looks ridiculous hanging out with them. Watch Sandoval get taken to the cleaners. Wow..go Schwartz.

* Katie looked very pretty in the pedicure scene.

* Oh, get off the soapbox, Lala. I hope people drag you just as hard over Rand. Scheana’s business is none. of. yours. We all know that, deep down, you really don’t care. You just like stirring the shit. Lala bringing this up AGAIN at a dinner. Not. The. Place. 

* Sandoval has Lala’s number. Always has. I do like him for that. 

* Brock.  I dunno. His story did not reach Erika Girardi levels of unbelievability, though.

* I want all the cocktails, especially the watermelon margarita.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I hope people drag you just as hard over Rand.

Oh they are.......they ARE.

Laughing at hell how he's cheating on her .... you, know, after she was blowing him while he was still married for Land Rovers and plane rides.

Let's see how much time he spends with Ocean once you're out of the picture.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I'm watching the "extended footage" version and they've showed nothing new very interesting or memorable.🤷‍♂️

You and I are watching these episodes, because every now and then (rarely, these days) they show us a doozy of a conversation. This week they gave us a big bowl of nothing.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

* There is a reason why Lisa has been so involved with TomTom. If she had left it to Schwartz and Sandy, it would have closed down long before now and she would have been out a lot of money. How ‘bout this for a name for the new place — Two Clowns. Lisa, let these guys finally find out what it’s like to be an adult. Because you’ve held their hands for so long, they think they know what they’re doing. They’re clueless, and maybe when they’re broke and homeless, they’ll wise up….Nah.

Watching Tom and Tom with the man who reminded me of Ted Cruz (was he a potential investor or their construction supervisor?) stumble over the details they should have worked out long ago was most telling.

15 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

* James is not sober. Shocked! Shocked, I say! His reasons excuses are bullshit. Yep — Raquel’s going to be an enabler, like Brittany was for Jax and his anger issues. Raquel — GTFO NOW. Even you know this is a train wreck waiting to happen. WAIT — what the fuck? James BUMPED her nose? This is scary, especially how he’s pressuring her into keeping quiet. Classic abuser behavior.

BTW, why did Raquel recommend James go to AA meetings? Hasn't he been doing that for awhile already?

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

Watching Tom and Tom with the man who reminded me of Ted Cruz (was he a potential investor or their construction supervisor?) stumble over the details they should have worked out long ago was most telling.

BTW, why did Raquel recommend James go to AA meetings? Hasn't he been doing that for awhile already?

The way he’s acting, I don’t think he’s gone to hardly any meetings. I think after Lisa cut him loose and Raquel threatened to leave him, he told them he would go in hopes of getting back into their good graces. Another huge tell for me (and I said this at the time) was Raquel giving the gift to Max. In AA, you make amends directly to those you’ve hurt.

I’ve not watched last night’s episode yet, but his behavior so far is scary. The way he went on about the cheap-ass ring, gloating about smoking pot, and pressuring Raquel not to tell the doctor about him “bumping” her nose….that genuinely shocked me. This is not going to end well. 

From what I understand, a large part of recovery is getting away from bad influences. For James, almost everybody on that show fits that description, with maybe the exception of Max.

12 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Oh they are.......they ARE.

Laughing at hell how he's cheating on her .... you, know, after she was blowing him while he was still married for Land Rovers and plane rides.

Let's see how much time he spends with Ocean once you're out of the picture.  

I can see him being sued for child support.

• Love 2
On 11/10/2021 at 8:41 AM, Gharlane said:

He was going a couple years ago when she threatened to leave him, and that's when he stopped drinking (on tv at least).  From what I've seen on the show, he stopped going to AA, continues not to drink, but smokes pot and does other types of drugs.  Which is probably why he stopped going to AA meetings.

• Useful 3