Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Revenge Plot

• Start Topic

Gabby works with Nick to try to get revenge and create some drama for the show. Reggie tries to get back in with his former coach. Monica visits a shaman. Paula gets some concerning news about her health.

Original air date: 11/01/2021

So many things to love - Julia’s growing relationship with Paula.  In real life I would probably be angry if she disclosed my diagnosis without my permission, but Mike’s speech was so lovely.  He was another one to love.

Anyone else wonder if Brittany really flipped heads?  She never showed the coin.

Very sad to see Gabby give up the car.  The shrimp gag was funny throughout.

• Love 7

Not quite as strong an episode as last week, but I enjoyed it. Revenge Gabby was a bit much, IMO, but she did what she needed to do, and in the end, she still didn't get what she wanted, which was to remove Brittany (heh) because that would be the end of the show. 

Looks like Brittany's mamma was just a one-episode visit?

Julia and Mike and Paula, enjoyed that entire story line.  Keep going show.  You've got my view. 

Edited by cardigirl
Correcting punctuation.
  • Love 5

Since Reggie is not medically cleared to play, how he is going to keep up the pretense that he's returning to the NFL? What did I miss?

This show has heart. I'm enjoying it more and more each week. But I could have done without Monica's mushrooms and the stupid shrimp thing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jillybean said:

Since Reggie is not medically cleared to play, how he is going to keep up the pretense that he's returning to the NFL? What did I miss?

This show has heart. I'm enjoying it more and more each week. But I could have done without Monica's mushrooms and the stupid shrimp thing.

But Monica's mushrooms gave us that great Swan Lake dance vision

I forget why Reggie is not currently medically cleared to play?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Crs97 said:

I thought the doctor strongly cautioned him against playing, but signed the clearance because technically Reggie had recovered.  Someone should feel free to correct me.

From what I recall, the doctor said he would strongly advised his own son to not play with such an injury, but technically Reggie was released to play.  Also, the  injury was due to a car wreck? I missed that when it was first mentioned I guess.

Edited by Rebky
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Paula’s storyline hit me very hard because I went for a mammogram and ultrasound yesterday afternoon - the first one since my surgery for breast cancer in January.  It drove home the point of how important it is to be diligent with your health.  

• Love 11

I HATE Paula's story line.  I thought this would be a light, fun, fluffy show, and it is that, plus breast cancer.  Now Justin has to leave to take care of his family because of his dad's injury.  Will they paralyze Reggie next after he tries to play and gets hurt?  Why not throw in some Alzheimer's and murder, too?

• Love 3

Like Nick, I enjoy revenge Gabby, especially if she brings a camera when she tries to murder Brittany. I still really like Nick/Gabby, they have great chemistry and I really enjoy their banter, even if Gabby is pissed at him and Nick is still trying to act like he doesn't care about her outside of making a good show.  She and Reggie are cute though, I hope that Reggie and Justin aren't gone for good.

I like the whole story with Mike, Paula, and Julia, even if its taken a sad turn. 

The dance battle in the water was cool, it was very Step Up

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

Paula’s storyline hit me very hard because I went for a mammogram and ultrasound yesterday afternoon - the first one since my surgery for breast cancer in January.  It drove home the point of how important it is to be diligent with your health.  

Sending good vibes your way, Koalagirl.  Paula’s story hits home for me.  Just about every female member of my family gets breast cancer; it’s more a matter of when, not if.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

Sending good vibes your way, Koalagirl.  Paula’s story hits home for me.  Just about every female member of my family gets breast cancer; it’s more a matter of when, not if.

Thank you so much. My mom and first cousin on my mom’s side had it. Which is why I’ve been diligent about annual check-ups. Because of that, mine was teeny tiny when my sharp eyed doctor caught it.  Hopefully it’s a one and done.  Good luck to you and your family too. I know we hate to have these serious storylines invade our escapism entertainment but if it saves just one life then it’s worth it.

• Love 6

I don't think Nick's pretending to not care about Gabby.  I think he likes Gabby and he's rooting or her but at his corps he's putting the how first.  He'd like to be able to grant Gaabby's request to kick Brittany off the show but when it is better for the show to keep Brittany on he does that.  

I think Reggie and Justin both will be back at the show.

And I think mom Gabby will have some issues when she finds out that Reggie picked football and diamonds over being able to physically be there for the future.  This plot would work better if we hadn't seen him killing it on the reality show and the hosting bit on the live show.  This guy has broadcasting potential so football isn't the only way he has to make it rain.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, izabella said:

I HATE Paula's story line.  I thought this would be a light, fun, fluffy show, and it is that, plus breast cancer.  Now Justin has to leave to take care of his family because of his dad's injury.  Will they paralyze Reggie next after he tries to play and gets hurt?  Why not throw in some Alzheimer's and murder, too?

This tbh. The Justin stuff is fine to me and even the Reggie stuff, but I really hope Paula's cancer returning is a fake out.

16 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I hope that Reggie and Justin aren't gone for good.

I'm pretty sure neither will be off the show even if they are currently off the show-within-the-show. In the promo,

Spoiler

There was a scene with Nick telling Reggie that they will still be filming him even though he's not part of Swan Lake anymore. I figure they may do the same for Justin.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 11/2/2021 at 12:41 PM, Rebky said:

From what I recall, the doctor said he would strongly advised his own son to not play with such an injury, but technically Reggie was released to play.  Also, the  injury was due to a car wreck? I missed that when it was first mentioned I guess.

The doctor said something about the vertebrae in or near his neck (I don’t recall exactly) so I was expecting him to say something like “One bad hit and you could end up paralyzed”.

I enjoyed Brittney getting cookies knocked out of her hand multiple times, but with what she’d said before about her mother wanting her to always be in a calorie deficit, would she really even touch a cookie?

Monica high was absolutely hilarious. Is “shaman” code for “drug dealer” in the show’s universe?

• Love 4
On 11/2/2021 at 7:55 PM, Koalagirl said:

Thank you so much. My mom and first cousin on my mom’s side had it. Which is why I’ve been diligent about annual check-ups. Because of that, mine was teeny tiny when my sharp eyed doctor caught it.  Hopefully it’s a one and done.  Good luck to you and your family too. I know we hate to have these serious storylines invade our escapism entertainment but if it saves just one life then it’s worth it.

Sending you all the positive vibes. I am high risk due to family history and have to have MRIs in addition to mammograms. It can be nerve-wracking but I appreciate my doctor being so vigilant. 

As far as show is concerned, it is a drama and I, too, appreciate them not shying away from this. It also has allowed the relationships between Paula and Mike and Paula and Julia to truly blossom and it’s these relationships that keep me watching as much as the dancing and the snark. 

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I am high risk due to family history and have to have MRIs in addition to mammograms. It can be nerve-wracking but I appreciate my doctor being so vigilant. 

I agree, Countrygirl.  Six month checkups, annual mammograms, annual MRI’s, two MRI biopsies, one surgical biopsy.  I appreciate that I won’t be surprised when it finally comes back positive.  We are getting ready to move, and I hope my next set of doctors will be as vigilant.

• Love 2