Type keyword(s) to search

Ghostly Media Talk

DanaK
  • Start Topic

On 9/26/2023 at 8:46 PM, kathyk2 said:

Utkarsh will be a contestant on Celebrity Jeopardy tomorrow at 8:00. Celebrity Jeopardy airs on ABC which might be different from the station that airs regular Jeopardy.

No spoilers but if you haven't watched Celebrity Jeopardy you should,

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Neptune said:

Thanks but is the US Ghosts in that long LONG line of shows listed?  If so could you just give the date?  Thanks in advance.

PS:  I see CBS is showing the old Season 1 of the UK Ghosts starting November 16th but I only saw it by accident on that long LONG list.  Is that season going to be shown BEFORE the first episode of Season 3 (US) starts?  Was the UK version 6 episodes per season?  I forget.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Skooma said:

Thanks but is the US Ghosts in that long LONG line of shows listed?  If so could you just give the date?  Thanks in advance.

PS:  I see CBS is showing the old Season 1 of the UK Ghosts starting November 16th but I only saw it by accident on that long LONG list.  Is that season going to be shown BEFORE the first episode of Season 3 (US) starts?  Was the UK version 6 episodes per season?  I forget.

There is no date, it won't be back until after the strike is settled.

• Useful 1
25 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

There is no date, it won't be back until after the strike is settled.

Oh yeah.  I forgot there were two strikes and that the actors are still on strike.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Is it possible to have a separate Ghosts (UK) added to the front "Comedy" section with the old threads in it marked "spoilers" maybe and new ones per each episode marked "new" or "CBS broadcast" before Thursday, November 16th? 

That way new viewers via the CBS broadcast of Season 1 won't be spoiled and will be encouraged to post.

PS:  I don't know how to send this suggestion on to the powers that be.  If somebody else does, can they do it.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, Skooma said:

Is it possible to have a separate Ghosts (UK) added to the front "Comedy" section with the old threads in it marked "spoilers" maybe and new ones per each episode marked "new" or "CBS broadcast" before Thursday, November 16th? 

That way new viewers via the CBS broadcast of Season 1 won't be spoiled and will be encouraged to post.

PS:  I don't know how to send this suggestion on to the powers that be.  If somebody else does, can they do it.  Thanks in advance.

That probably wouldn't be possible, (Just guessing since I have no authority here) but you or somebody else could add a new thread to the US Ghost forum about the UK version, something like "Ghosts UK/CBS: how does it differ from US version" which would essentially do what you want, if you add a "No Spoilers Tag" and give some rules, so that they can only talk about the UK episodes that have aired in the US on CBS.

• Useful 2
8 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

That probably wouldn't be possible, (Just guessing since I have no authority here) but you or somebody else could add a new thread to the US Ghost forum about the UK version, something like "Ghosts UK/CBS: how does it differ from US version" which would essentially do what you want, if you add a "No Spoilers Tag" and give some rules, so that they can only talk about the UK episodes that have aired in the US on CBS.

Thanks for the suggestion but I was asking some mod to set-up a separate sub-forum for Ghosts (UK).  They could put the old Ghosts (UK) threads already here in them with SPOILER tags on them and the rest could be new episode ones for the CBS broadcast. 

I can't do that (sub-forums) and I'm not into making up threads either.  Too complicated for me.  Or rather I'm just lazy, hah.  Just didn't know how to reach mods here so put all this in this thread as what I felt was a logical suggestion if any mod wandered into this thread.  🤷‍♂️

If no mod shows before the premiere maybe somebody more ambitious can follow through on your suggestion.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Skooma said:

Thanks for the suggestion but I was asking some mod to set-up a separate sub-forum for Ghosts (UK).  They could put the old Ghosts (UK) threads already here in them with SPOILER tags on them and the rest could be new episode ones for the CBS broadcast. 

I can't do that (sub-forums) and I'm not into making up threads either.  Too complicated for me.  Or rather I'm just lazy, hah.  Just didn't know how to reach mods here so put all this in this thread as what I felt was a logical suggestion if any mod wandered into this thread.  🤷‍♂️

If no mod shows before the premiere maybe somebody more ambitious can follow through on your suggestion.

I suspect @AnimeMania is correct, based on how I've seen things handled in the past, but a couple things you could try:

- flag your own post here so a mod will be sure to see it & can give you a definite answer, or

- submit a request to promote Ghosts (the UK version) to a full forum, here: https://forums.primetimer.com/forum/4393-new-show-forum-requests/  - then new threads can be created for each episode (as it airs in US or whenever, doesn't really matter).

If you don't get your wish, Anime's suggestion sounds like a good one.  You or somebody can create a new thread in the US show, and you can still read through comments on the UK show, just watch the post dates and don't read ahead of what you've watched.

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, Skooma said:

I was asking some mod to set-up a separate sub-forum for Ghosts (UK)

You need to PM or at least tag them.  At the top left of a show's forum, you can see who the moderators for that forum are (for this one, it's Whimsy and festivus).  Click on either one of their names to PM them.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

Thanks for suggestions again but I'll leave it to others who want something done as well to do all that.  As I say I'm lazy and not going to go all through this again.  Maybe one of you can contact a mod and point them here?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

I was just going to post about Ghosts UK in its own thread here 🤷‍♀️

Which needs to be in the sub-forum under Comedy with it's own colored square so people can actually find it.  That's my whole point.  9 out of 10 people or more aren't going to use forum search engines to find a show to comment on it. 

If the new "streaming only" Frazier has it's own square then Ghosts (UK ... via CBS) needs it's own square.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

I was just going to post about Ghosts UK in its own thread here 🤷‍♀️

I think the concern was that it’s a single thread, and it’s hard to have a conversation about early episodes you’re just now seeing, without having to wade through a lot of discussion on episodes you haven’t seen yet. 

But there have been some good workarounds suggested at this point. 

Edited by SoMuchTV
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
49 minutes ago, Skooma said:

Which needs to be in the sub-forum under Comedy with it's own colored square so people can actually find it.  That's my whole point.  9 out of 10 people or more aren't going to use forum search engines to find a show to comment on it. 

If the new "streaming only" Frazier has it's own square then Ghosts (UK ... via CBS) needs it's own square.

Very weird (ghostly?!??). I posted a reply to this and now it’s gone. But basically, if you “follow” the show, it will show up in “its own square” on your home page (“my shows“)  No searching needed. 

Also you can go to the Show Index link (near the bottom of the page) and navigate to any show in alphabetical order, regardless of whether it’s a thread or forum, whether you follow it or not. 

Sometimes it’s not obvious what options are available, especially if you’re a new user or you’ve only been doing things a certain way. 

• Useful 1
54 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

if you “follow” the show, it will show up in “its own square” on your home page (“my shows“)  No searching needed. 

Now (last year or 2) that the search feature works correctly, I can imagine there are people who just search a show title every time they have something to say instead of using the Follow feature, but that seems like extra work to me, since I'm so post-y.🤷🏻‍♀️

54 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Also you can go to the Show Index link (near the bottom of the page) and navigate to any show in alphabetical order, regardless of whether it’s a thread or forum, whether you follow it or not. 

This doesn't work (I don't think?) for shows that are in "Other Comedies" (or "Other Dramas"). But maybe that doesn't matter. 

Right now, watching the UK version is on my back burner, so I'll wait and see how this all shakes out.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

This doesn't work (I don't think?) for shows that are in "Other Comedies" (or "Other Dramas"). But maybe that doesn't matter. 

It definitely works for me. I have tons of single-thread shows on my home page. What it doesn’t work for is non-show stuff, like commercials, hobbies, “everything else“ stuff. Maybe that’s what you’re seeing? 

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Very weird (ghostly?!??). I posted a reply to this and now it’s gone. But basically, if you “follow” the show, it will show up in “its own square” on your home page (“my shows“)  No searching needed. 

Sometimes it’s not obvious what options are available, especially if you’re a new user or you’ve only been doing things a certain way. 

Yeah I don't use that feature.  If there is a square for a show under the main heading of genres I click on it.  Otherwise, can't be bothered.  A forum featuring TV shows should be set up so all the TV shows currently on (or will be next week) can be easily found after all.  Otherwise the forum becomes self-defeating.

• Useful 1

One last thought one single thread forums-most of the PBS dramas have previously aired in the UK and posters seem to co-exist well with posts from the UK there before the US posts. Doctor Who episodes threads also as well as single thread streaming shows like The Bear (fingers crossed for a full forum there soon!). We just adjust to what we have.

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 11/9/2023 at 7:14 AM, chitowngirl said:

One last thought one single thread forums-most of the PBS dramas have previously aired in the UK and posters seem to co-exist well with posts from the UK there before the US posts. Doctor Who episodes threads also as well as single thread streaming shows like The Bear (fingers crossed for a full forum there soon!). We just adjust to what we have.

If they did a single thread (NEW) and had a mod marker before the second episode broadcast day to help warn laggers a week or so behind where to leave off reading that would work really well.

But, sigh, looks like they haven't bumped GHOSTS (UK via CBS) up and show starts in 3 hours as I post and most people won't even go fishing (googling internally) in the "Others" area for a show or even know that area exists.  It is a total mess there in the leftovers area anyway finding stuff. 

This is a TV forum so currently broadcast shows should have a square under their genre I believe.  You come here to relax, not play hide and seek and do searches etc. 

I mean they have some weird shows in the general genre area anyway and GHOSTS (UK) isn't some odd-ball little show on some streaming service or cable channel.  It is a show now being broadcasts on a major (original 3) network in prime time.

• Useful 1
51 minutes ago, Skooma said:

If they did a single thread (NEW) and had a mod marker before the second episode broadcast day to help warn laggers a week or so behind where to leave off reading that would work really well.

But, sigh, looks like they haven't bumped GHOSTS (UK via CBS) up and show starts in 3 hours as I post and most people won't even go fishing (googling internally) in the "Others" area for a show or even know that area exists.  It is a total mess there in the leftovers area anyway finding stuff. 

This is a TV forum so currently broadcast shows should have a square under their genre I believe.  You come here to relax, not play hide and seek and do searches etc. 

I mean they have some weird shows in the general genre area anyway and GHOSTS (UK) isn't some odd-ball little show on some streaming service or cable channel.  It is a show now being broadcasts on a major (original 3) network in prime time.

I respect that everyone can use this site as they prefer, but can I just put out there that to me, it just seems a lot easier to “follow” shows you’re interested in, then access them from your custom home page. (As opposed to trying to remember what you’re interested in, and searching it out every time you visit the site.)

Edited by SoMuchTV
Trying to clarify and be helpful, not snarky, really!
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I respect that everyone can use this site as they prefer, but can I just put out there that to me, it just seems a lot easier to “follow” shows you’re interested in, then access them from your custom home page. (As opposed to trying to remember what you’re interested in, and searching it out every time you visit the site.)

I just want to go to the general menu and pick and choose what.  I don't' want a special page of "favorites" I have to make because, again, I'm here to browse.  Not google in forum, not set up pages.  Just relax.  Other TV forums do that.  🤷‍♂️

So yeah it would work fine for those really into a TV forum to do this and I'm glad it works for you.  But logically it makes no sense to me that a now "network" show isn't listed easily.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 11/16/2023 at 10:11 PM, Skooma said:

I just want to go to the general menu and pick and choose what.  I don't' want a special page of "favorites" I have to make because, again, I'm here to browse.  Not google in forum, not set up pages.  Just relax.  Other TV forums do that.  🤷‍♂️

So yeah it would work fine for those really into a TV forum to do this and I'm glad it works for you.  But logically it makes no sense to me that a now "network" show isn't listed easily.

I'm just really glad that the search box is working.
For quite a while it didn't.

25 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Sheila Carrasco is expecting her first child.

She should be due any time now; she was five months pregnant back when it was announced (July) and she's hugely pregnant in her most-recent social media pictures.  (Her announcement was sweet, sharing she'd had fertility issues and inviting other women going through the same struggle to reach out to her if they wanted an empathetic ear.)

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, kathyk2 said:

I wonder how Ghosts will explain Flower's absence? She probably won't be on this season since she'll have a newborn. 

If Sheila Carrasco has her baby in December, 12 weeks out would be some time in March for her to start working again.

• Useful 1

She works in an industry where, unlike most mothers of newborns, she can bring her baby to set with her (and there is a lot of downtime throughout the shooting day).  Flower is already not in every episode, and not in every scene of the episodes she is in, so Sheila could do just a few episodes of this short return season and - so long as production is willing to work with her (much easier to do on a set-bound show rather than one with lots of location shots) - they can front load the shooting schedule with all the scenes she is in, so she'd only work a few days each of those episodes) and it wouldn't be a distracting absence.  Or they could have Flower wander off, transfixed by something on the grounds somewhere, and shoot all her scenes solo and at once, then just pepper those in throughout the episodes.

The only potential issue is that the show shoots in Montreal, so if she is based in L.A. she may want to stay there for an uninterrupted maternity leave before resuming work.  The strikes gave everyone plenty of time to figure out the logistics; if she does want this "season" off, they could decide - as another poster previously suggested - to write Flower as having been the one sucked off, then at the end of the season have another cliffhanger, and we find out that was a mistake and she's brought back (they make their own rules for this universe they've created, so that's easy enough to do).

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

Yeah, based on what Sheila wants to do re: work schedule, if they have all the eps written they could just film all her scene's in a short time frame then she's off to care for her little one, then edit them in later, or have her be the one sucked off only to come back. 

The second is my preference, if one of the main characters is being sucked off, since I don't want to loose any of them permanently. Though I'm still rooting for Prom Girl. No offence to the actress and hopefully she can get another gig, but I just don't like the character. Or suck off the headless one since he's hardly ever around anyway and it feels like he's only in the US version because the UK version had a headless ghost. 

No matter what, though, I'm just happy they are getting back to work. I miss Ghosts. And I'm furious that the one thing I wanted for Christmas, Season 2 DVDs doesn't exist. I have the Season 1 DVDs and now I'll have to get Season 2 as Downloads? Boooo I'm old, I like DVDs. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
28 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

No matter what, though, I'm just happy they are getting back to work. I miss Ghosts. And I'm furious that the one thing I wanted for Christmas, Season 2 DVDs doesn't exist. I have the Season 1 DVDs and now I'll have to get Season 2 as Downloads? Boooo I'm old, I like DVDs. 

Hopefully we'll get news that it's coming out soon enough, 'cause, yeah, I want the DVD, too. Maybe they had to hold off on putting them out while the strike was going or something? 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, kathyk2 said:

I wonder how Ghosts will explain Flower's absence? She probably won't be on this season since she'll have a newborn. 

That would be one of the easier things to explain: Flower spent the winter staring at a tree or something.  I would hope they can work with her schedule somehow and have her put in some kind of appearance, even if she's just laying on a couch in the back of the room.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 11/29/2023 at 5:56 PM, Bastet said:

Flower is already not in every episode,

Flower was in every Season 2 episode. All of the main ghosts were. Danielle Pinnock made it sound like they were cutting the season short partly because Shelia is having a baby, which doesn't make a lot of sense if she's already had the baby. Maybe somebody got the dates wrong and she isn't due for a few months. That way they can just shoot around her pregnancy like they do on a lot of shows, like only showing her from the waist up or having her stand behind the sofa, etc.

I think CBS decided the number of episodes. Thanks for the information about Shelia's baby I've been trying to find details. There's a commercial for the new season with Sam talking about the ghosts being her family.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kathyk2 said:

I think CBS decided the number of episodes. Thanks for the information about Shelia's baby I've been trying to find details. There's a commercial for the new season with Sam talking about the ghosts being her family.

According to Instagram Shelia's baby is named Mirentxu aka Miri.

• Like 2