Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E32: HOH #13, Nominations #13

leocadia
  • Start Topic

**Corrected the HOH/Noms # to 13, as I originally neglected to count the DE.

I should probably stop watching this because this final four is making me irrationally angry, lol.  Everything is just falling into place for X, as it has all season.  He has made some smart choices for sure, but it also seems like the universe bends to make it an easy road to the end for him. 

Ky is still lying (to himself?) to us about wanting to take the best competitors to the end -- if that were true, there is no way DerF would still be there.  I really wish Hannah had said that to him in her plea to stay.   I don't think it would have changed her fate, but at least he'd have to be honest about it for once. 

I'd feel bad for DerF for not winning anything but he barely even tries.  When he was crowing about "finally" getting Tiff out, he made it sound like he was the force behind it when he was nothing but a vote. 

And then there's Azah.  I like Azah as a person and think she's a lovely human being, but this game is not for her.  Of course, the only "happy ending" for me would be if she somehow lucks her way into the final two and manages to win but we all know that is not happening, and really she's done nothing to "earn" it.  

I will ride it out to the end (the only season I ever rage quit was BBOTT, and it ended up being my favorite) but my blood pressure is getting a workout.

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 9

Was wondering when someone would open this thread. Either not many paid attention to Julie's announcement about a Friday episode or they are bored with X's steam roll to the finish line.

Anway what show is Ky watching that big threats go out in Double Evictions? It's always the target and then the person who survived the first eviction.

I believe the only way to (and have for a long time) for the Double Evictions to be any good is to NOT ALLOW the houseguests to "strategize". The HOH should be immediatly seperated from the rest and be forced to make his or her own decisions without being influenced. Why this is not done has always escaped me.

Man if I thought Kyland was dumb before this just cements it. X's finally has revealed he intends to take Big D to the end as The Goat while Ky continues oblivously on some valiant quest to sit next to a strong competitor. He's following The Bros to the End without realize X has forsaken  him.

If Big D had won HOH would he really have put Azah on the block even though its all the veto? Please let some miracle happen and Azah wins and takes her self off the block  and Ky goes home elminating any chance for the aforementioned pair of Alpha Males in the final two chairs. I mean how many times have we seen that before.

Huh? Big D deserves a seat at the final two? For what? Holding down the couch all summer?

Speaking of summer did we ever see houseguests lounging around in swimwear by the pool this year. That is an element that seems lacking in modern BIG BROTHER.

Good thing they didn't have the blacklight when Ollie and April were in the house.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 5

This part of every season makes me sad. People who have spent weeks sticking together are forced to turn on each other. People who were loved as underdogs are vilified when they take control. It's inevitable but I never enjoy it. This is like chess only played with real people. 

• Love 1

I had X pegged as the winner early on. He’s played a cool, unemotional game, always focusing on the next move and how to get there. Is he deserving of a win? Absolutely. Will watching him steamroll through to the end be boring? Most definitely. But that’s the BB conundrum. The people who play the most consistent strategic games are the most dull to watch.

I would prefer a winner who combines strategy with a little drama: Someone who plays well, falters, but has the ability to claw their way back. But the current game does not seem to favor that kind of player. And I don’t even know how to fix it, because if you introduce too many elements of chance, that can negate good gameplay, which is also unfair in its own way.  Which is why you have Survivor debates about immunity idols and redemption islands.

Anyway, it looks like X will win and I can’t be too mad about it. I WILL be mad if it’s Deref.

The comp looked like fun. I like that kind of detail-oriented puzzle game, and I would have been good at it. But Good God, did we have to see every detail of every contestant’s turn? Was there nothing else more interesting they could have shown? Oh, sorry. At this point in the season, probably not.

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

The comp looked like fun. I like that kind of detail-oriented puzzle game, and I would have been good at it. But Good God, did we have to see every detail of every contestant’s turn? Was there nothing else more interesting they could have shown? Oh, sorry. At this point in the season, probably not.

The comp did look fun but the explanation especially Big D’s went on forever and really wasn’t entertaining.

Edited by Uwbadgmad
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Uwbadgmad said:

The comp did look fun but the explanation especially Big D’s went on forever and really wasn’t entertaining.

I swear; out of all the HGs left, why the fuck are they inflicting DerF on us as the TH narrator for a comp?  What Production chucklenut thought the guy with dyslexia was the perfect choice to be reading instructions off a card to the viewers?  Idiots.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

The people who play the most consistent strategic games are the most dull to watch.

I agree with this and basically everything else in your post. 

4 hours ago, Nashville said:

What Production chucklenut thought the guy with dyslexia was the perfect choice to be reading instructions off a card to the viewers?  Idiots.

My husband's comment... "Well, at least he can read." Sorry, was that offensive? It's just that so many of us have speculated on him being dyslexic, I was really interested to see if he struggled with reading the instructions. I thought he did fine but I'm not an expert. 

Maybe to add drama to double evictions, the person who was on the block and not evicted should at minimum, get an advantage in the coming-right-up HOH comp, if not full safety. Also don't let them strategize, and we might get some drama out of that. Otherwise they should just drop it and have a slightly smaller cast, or adjust the schedule accordingly. It might be funny if everyone was expecting and planning for a double at any point in the second half of a season and there wasn't any. Also I feel the schedule should go from Memorial Day to absolutely no later than Labor Day. But no one listens to me.

I need Azah to win veto, and Derf to go out. Please universe, I've been a good girl!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Azah's only plan this entire season was to befriend Britni and Derek F. and stay in the Cookout?

Who's your final 3?  Who's your final 2?  WHY DO YOU NOT CARE?

Big D, Kyland, X I assume all have several final 2s.  None that involve Azah.  None of them even consider her to be a factor.  Does she even care who factors her in?  CLEARLY NOT.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

It sounded like Azah was saying she did want Hannah to be the one voted out.  Is that correct?

I think Azah may recognize that she's been a non-entity and she has in her head to use "I always kept my word!" as her complete resume', if she's called upon to present one.  That might be the straw she was clutching for dear life when any idiot could see Ky and X needed to be sitting in the goodbye chairs.

I was rooting for Ky to win this HOH.  Besides the shadenfreude-y satisfaction of seeing Azah's misplaced loyalty dashed in her face, there has to be a time when Ky admits he isn't stupid enough to drag "Lucky X" along instead of Big Goat.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Melina22 said:

My husband's comment... "Well, at least [DerF] can read." Sorry, was that offensive? It's just that so many of us have speculated on him being dyslexic, I was really interested to see if he struggled with reading the instructions. I thought he did fine but I'm not an expert. 

The end product was ok, but I wonder how many takes it took to get there.  In any case, I’ve known carpet runners with more energy in their presentation.

3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yes!  And now I'm eating crow!  That really was [Azah’s] plan all along!

…maybe.  Azah’s THs could have been filmed any time between the actual occurrence of events and the broadcast - plenty of time to construct a plausible narrative.  😉

3974DD78-D0C6-4BBB-81B6-4E28E00F3AAB.png.325bd01e57990346ccaaa205316941d1.png

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, mojoween said:

Azah wondered if her one (1) HoH win made the boys think she was a threat.  Oh honey.  No.

She could have been a threat if she hadn't have borked her one HoH and instead put up X and Ky at the same time. As previously stated: "You had ONE job!!"

• Love 2

Xavier's bright idea is to think about cutting Kyland before the FHOH, so he can rely on Derek winning a competition lest he risk losing Part 3 (all about who said what) to Azah, who everyone said everything to? 

Just repeating- relying on Derek.  To win a competition. HEEEEEEEEEE.

*I'll laugh my ass off if X is the final juror. That'll make the season for me.  

• Love 6

If X, DereF, and Azah are the Final 3, and X wins part 1, I can promise you that Part 2 between DereF and Azah will take a LOOOONNNNGGGG  time to complete.  (Unless it's an endurance challenge, in which case it'll be over before Julie can turn to the audience and say, "When we come back, we'll - oh, they're done!  Derek, what happened?")

• LOL 4
16 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

If X, DereF, and Azah are the Final 3, and X wins part 1, I can promise you that Part 2 between DereF and Azah will take a LOOOONNNNGGGG  time to complete.  (Unless it's an endurance challenge, in which case it'll be over before Julie can turn to the audience and say, "When we come back, we'll - oh, they're done!  Derek, what happened?")

Part 1 is endurance. Part 2 is memory with a physical element. Part 3 is basically a crapshoot guessing game.

• Love 1
On 9/20/2021 at 9:46 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Part 1 is endurance. Part 2 is memory with a physical element. Part 3 is basically a crapshoot guessing game.

In other words, keeping Kyland and DF to F3 gives X a guarantee at Final 2 since we know Ky's planning to take him and neither would lose part 1 or 2 to DF.  

On 9/20/2021 at 8:46 AM, peachmangosteen said:

And here's a BIG part of why BB US tends to be so boring, it's all so repetetive and scheduled slot in new players and watch it churn through a fully programed and pre-set schedule. Blah.

• Love 2