Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

Me and Mr Moldova are downsizing and moving to a loft downtown on Thursday. I am more stressed than I thought. Lotsa memories in this house. 16 years worth, but I gotta get out of the burbs

That? Is AWESOME! Huge step and I'm sure its a wrench but you will have a lot of fun! 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

Me and Mr Moldova are downsizing and moving to a loft downtown on Thursday. I am more stressed than I thought. Lotsa memories in this house. 16 years worth, but I gotta get out of the burbs

Moving to anything, anywhere is stressful, but sounds exciting too!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh my god, that sounds too intense for me. I love memoirs about crazy childhoods, but wowza. I read "I'm Glad My Mom Died" by Jennette McCurdy and holy moly. I'm about to start "Alias Grace" by Margaret Atwood. I saw the show a few years ago. 

How do you get a contract for a crazy childhood and adulthood book? I could make a fortune! Do I have to become famous first. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I already posted this in the Love in Paradise thread on Monday, but a lot of you guys here may not have seen it.

My daughter’s school is celebrating a math teacher who goes above and beyond to educate his students with such energy, passion, and conviction, leading to a deeper appreciation for numbers. The teacher was born in 1983, and my daughter is curious. She wants to know from you guys: “Give me a virtual time machine. Tell me all your memories from 1983, from music to pop culture to TV shows to commercials to school life to toys to fashion, etc…”

Duran Duran and lot of neon 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Suzywriter said:

How do you get a contract for a crazy childhood and adulthood book? I could make a fortune! Do I have to become famous first. 

Actually, the book is about a family in the 70’s, I think, before schizophrenia was well understood. Read like a novel.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2

@Doublemint I had a colonoscopy a few years back (far enough back that my doctor is making noises about scheduling another). I'd heard so much about how horrible the prep is but it really wasn't that bad. And the procedure? I was out cold and never felt a thing. You'll do great. 

I didn’t think it was too bad either. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Bock BOCK! You shut up. No, YOU shut up! Brings back memories of the recess in  elementary school.

That’s appropriate for Ed because he’s emotionally stuck in middle school.

Ed has had HIS turn every damn week 

Time for the other guys to shove him in a locker. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

In Yara’s défense …not that I am a fan….I think this may be cultural. I know many Eastern European grandparents who drop everything to care for the grandkids. 

Yara has flat out said this on more than one occasion. It’s likely a HUGE factor in her wanting to live with/near her mother In the Czech Republic. I believe her mom even dangled it out there as a big reason for her to stay. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

How exciting!  I would love that!  Loft, downtown, ……..sounds awesome!  

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I already posted this in the Love in Paradise thread on Monday, but a lot of you guys here may not have seen it.

My daughter’s school is celebrating a math teacher who goes above and beyond to educate his students with such energy, passion, and conviction, leading to a deeper appreciation for numbers. The teacher was born in 1983, and my daughter is curious. She wants to know from you guys: “Give me a virtual time machine. Tell me all your memories from 1983, from music to pop culture to TV shows to commercials to school life to toys to fashion, etc…”

Could be running years together but Karate Kid, Care Bears, Pac Man, Rainbow Brite, Saturday cartoons, Donkey Kong, Matt Dillon

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I've read a lot of crazy childhood memoirs that weren't by famous people! Just start writing, maybe self publish. A friend of mine who's a well known musician on the local scene is writing his memoirs now. Its called "Brushes with Greatness" because he's worked/toured/played with a lot of famous people. (I get a shoutout too! So does my husband, who played with him for a while) He's self published and it sells well. I keep telling him he should shop it around to agents and see if he can get a co-writer to polish it up a bit. I bet it would sell. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Just now, Hotel Snarker said:

I don’t generally encourage violence but for Pred I am making an exception. Please someone. Anyone. Throw him. Someone go full Bundy on him. PLEASE.

Ted Bundy?

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

@Doublemint I had a colonoscopy a few years back (far enough back that my doctor is making noises about scheduling another). I'd heard so much about how horrible the prep is but it really wasn't that bad. And the procedure? I was out cold and never felt a thing. You'll do great. 

Thanks - This is my 7th or so one, so I know the drill.  Just want it over! 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

I had a colonoscopy about 5 or six years ago, but due to the narrowing of my intestine as a result of radiation for cervical cancer, the instrument couldn’t make a turn to get to were to needed to go. Thus, the next day I had to have a barium enema at the hospital. They put you on a table and move you around to get the barium into your gut/colon. It was like medieval torture. Never doing that again.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Hugs 2
  • Sad 2

I've read a lot of crazy childhood memoirs that weren't by famous people! Just start writing, maybe self publish. A friend of mine who's a well known musician on the local scene is writing his memoirs now. Its called "Brushes with Greatness" because he's worked/tourer/played with a lot of famous people. He's self published and it sells well. I keep telling him he should shop it around to agents and see if he can get a co-writer to polish it up a bit. I bet it would sell. 

Allll good ideas, and thanks for the vote of confidence. 

Why is this over at 8:52?

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1