Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

(edited)

The discussion of Carole Jackson’s “Color Me Beautiful” reminded me that Bill Gothard’s IBLP church refers to it in their handbook on appearance and modesty. IMG_4627.thumb.jpeg.70f9cd2c3f9ba7c5113f424a60e5fd1e.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, Angry Moldovan2 said:

Oh so now there’s a pimp involved. He so far gone down the river Nile 

I still feel sad for him, but it's getting close to "Williams" levels of frustration. 

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 3
17 hours ago, judylo said:

Come over to Match Me Abroad! It’s great!

it's definitely better than some of the shows TLC has tried to foist on us (MILF Manor, uggghhhhh, Stuck).

I liked the one about the prosthetic-maker but that only lasted a  few weeks.

• Like 3

Hola peeps! I'm here early because I've been cooking all weekend and I am EXHAUSTED so I couldn't wait to take a cool shower and nestle into my bed. We got a massive haul from the farm--peas, scallions, Napa Cabbage, kale, zucchini. Plus we had an eggplant and beets and some mushrooms lying around that we wanted to use up. And we used everything! Oh, and my brother gave me an organic chicken. Lots of cooking. 

Has everyone had a good week? 

• Like 6
  • Love 9

they are such a bad match...she wants to talk everything to death and he wants to ignore it all....after all he things that she is cute when she is MUTE...a telling statement

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

@Pepper Mostly, you get a gold star for punctuality!

Was thinking of you all week while my air conditioner was going 24/7. I thought I was in “The Midnight Sun” episode of the Twilight Zone, where the Earth gets knocked off its orbit and travels closer and closer to the sun. And, because of all the rain, I purchased a pair of rubbers. Walking the dog while wearing squishy sneakers sucks.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Hey Pepper Mostly!  And Sunday night snarks!

I am in a year-long genealogy class that is a preparation for certification.  I'm working on a research report and it's going well, and so far so good for the class itself.  

My daughter has been kind of quiet (she lives about half an hour from here), so I'm assuming all is OK for now.  It's wait and see.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
Just now, AR Traveler said:

Hey Pepper Mostly!  And Sunday night snarks!

I am in a year-long genealogy class that is a preparation for certification.  I'm working on a research report and it's going well, and so far so good for the class itself.  

My daughter has been kind of quiet (she lives about half an hour from here), so I'm assuming all is OK for now.  It's wait and see.

Is that thru Boston University? I’m thinking about it for next year

Just now, AR Traveler said:

Wow, that sounds amazing! Good for you! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Angry Moldovan2 said:

Is that thru Boston University? I’m thinking about it for next year

I have taken Boston and highly recommend it.  I'm in ProGen, which is kind of a follow-up to the Boston material.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

@Gobi, how's your wrist? Are you mending well? We need you back at full snarking strength!

Going well, thanks. About another month with the cast (removeable, not plaster).

• Like 5
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 1
Just now, Doublemint said:

Hello all!  Need some snark - had some yellow jackets in my living room, also my house is getting painted this week (if it EVER stops raining)!

Years ago a giant hornet got into my house--my son was a baby and I was freaking out. So of course I called my dad. He said "Jesus Christ Pepper, just spray it with anything! Windex, furniture polish, hair spray! It won't be able to fly and you can kill it!" To this day I just reach for the Pam if a nasty bug gets in. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Years ago a giant hornet got into my house--my son was a baby and I was freaking out. So of course I called my dad. He said "Jesus Christ Pepper, just spray it with anything! Windex, furniture polish, hair spray! It won't be able to fly and you can kill it!" To this day I just reach for the Pam if a nasty bug gets in. 

Windex makes me think of the patriarch in My Big Fat Greek Wedding who used Windex for all ailments.

• LOL 9