Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, magemaud said:

“She’s not like any woman I’ve ever dated…” 

He met her in a club down in North Soho, where they drink champagne and it tastes just like Coca Cola. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

Okay so I’ve been reading some of your comments and have gotten the feeling that I dodged a bullet with this one! Do you agree?

A woman who lost her husband to cancer but then 4 months later she gets some new guy who sounds like the Mockmood type and she’s doing this at the expense of her poor old kids? Someone please help those kids. 😩

A guy who hasn’t been dating that much because he is conscious about his weight who pursues this girl in Barbados. He says they haven’t video chatted at all. Alarm bells go off in my head. Instead of making the usual sound, they go, “WEE-YUMS! WEE-YUMS! WEE-YUMS!”

A guy who is deaf/hard of hearing in some sort of ASMR scene or something like that? That’s what I heard online. Lord, help us.

We got Jasmine getting all of these cosmetic surgeries and looking more like a blow up doll than ever before. She learned the Silva Process. 

Why is TLC exploiting these needy, desperate people?!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Okay so I’ve been reading some of your comments and have gotten the feeling that I dodged a bullet with this one! Do you agree?

A woman who lost her husband to cancer but then 4 months later she gets some new guy who sounds like the Mockmood type and she’s doing this at the expense of her poor old kids? Someone please help those kids. 😩

A guy who hasn’t been dating that much because he is conscious about his weight who pursues this girl in Barbados. He says they haven’t video chatted at all. Alarm bells go off in my head. Instead of making the usual sound, they go, “WEE-YUMS! WEE-YUMS! WEE-YUMS!”

A guy who is deaf/hard of hearing in some sort of ASMR scene or something like that? That’s what I heard online. Lord, help us.

We got Jasmine getting all of these cosmetic surgeries and looking more like a blow up doll than ever before. She learned the Silva Process. 

No, this was much better than the last few iterations. 

Some of what you seem to have read on the internet is not even close although TLC certainly seems to be exploitative in some cases, particularly the recent widow. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

And there's three more couples we've yet to meet! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

As always a day behind. I had trouble being interested with the deaf person on Love After Lock Up and it’s the same here. I like to multi-task amd it’s hard to keep up with the subtitles. Of course, it’s the same for the non-English speakers on this show. I just hate subtitles on my fluff shows. Let me play Candy Crush. 😂

Of course Sharp has to repeat himself by introducing the person in silence. 🙄

• Like 2
(edited)
On 6/5/2023 at 9:06 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Did you all see that virgin guy in his 40s yet? An older version of SteVen. Been there, done that.

Yes we met the virgin last night and his story had an unusual plot twist right off the bat. 
oops, I need to clarify. We did meet one virgin last week, 33 year old Tyray. But there’s another virgin, a 46 year old guy in Israel name Nicola. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
On 6/5/2023 at 10:29 AM, Hotel Snarker said:

No, it’s good, Hotel Snarker! Come back!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just in time, although my county is under a tornado warning incase I disappear.

what’s the time? It’s CATFISH time?

On 6/5/2023 at 10:29 AM, Hotel Snarker said:

Come back…….

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Reading and skimming so many online posts has basically revealed the plot of last week’s episode for me in a clear fashion and manner, which is really saying something given how awful the show has gotten.

And because of all this word of mouth about the depressing storylines and exploitation of vulnerable cast members by the Evil Gods at Sharp, I KNOW full and well that I will definitely not be watching this season. 

TLC, you will never see heaven. In fact with every second of this episode you descend to a deeper level. Your exploitation knows no limits. You all come to this show for trash and this is dark. Reading the live thread here, I was worrying earnestly about how you guys would find ways to make snarky comments at these characters without sounding tone deaf and offensive. I know I would have failed instantly.

The fact that the one widow lady, Amanda, was even green lighted to go on the show is terrifying. It just does not feel right to have a woman who is still grieving so intensely for her recently deceased husband to be on here.

We have Tyray whose dad was murdered and is taking care of his poor mother who is suffering from a stroke, and David who is overcoming multiple barriers communication and language wise, and then Riley, whose wife ghosted him and everyone leaves him without a word. Wasn’t he the guy who refuses to say “I love you” to people because he thinks it’s a sign of drama? Nevermind, I take that back. He might be another Bilal.

But, the most glaring cast member here, it’s clear that Amanda has serious trauma and should be getting therapy before moving on. But if her excuse is that she needs to find another father figure for her kids that’s BS. This dude has several red flags, is potentially cheating, and logistically it’s going to take at least 2-3 years and thousands of dollars to get him to come to the states. Girl, you are young and have plenty of time. Please invest in therapy and then find a nice guy in the U.S. who isn’t doing strip teases and flirting with women online.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, mmecorday said:

This weekend I napped and drank wine. Those were the only two things on my checklist. 

Sounds like a full weekend to me! I was GOING to take a nap but we ended up doing another food run to my mother and brother. (This week we made lasagna, Asian style pork meatballs with sriracha sauce, and vegetable fried rice, plus a mango cake to have with their coffee). 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Sounds like a full weekend to me! I was GOING to take a nap but we ended up doing another food run to my mother and brother. (This week we made lasagna, Asian style pork meatballs with sriracha sauce, and vegetable fried rice, plus a mango cake to have with their coffee). 

I take a nap every day! It’s a bad habit that I blame on my dog.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Like Gino has assets for a pre-nup. Isn't this the one who lived in a dingy apartment and ate frozen food for every meal?  And had to buy a 75 dollar ring?  Wow, ladies! $$$ GET THAT COIN $$$

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
Just now, Eldemarge said:

Like Gio has assets for a pre-nup. Isn't this the one who lived in a dingy apartment and ate frozen food for every meal?  And had to buy a 75 dollar ring?  Wow, ladies! $$$ GET THAT COIN $$$

He could just squirrel it all away and just be a cheap rat ass bastard.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
6 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan2 said:

Come back…….

Sorry, I have reached my breaking point. I refuse to support exploitation of people going through serious, often severe problems. I REALLY wanted to opt out of the last season of HEA for the purpose of not giving abusers attention, but then again I wanted to stay with you guys. Now, I’ve reached a breaking point where I can no longer enjoy myself while watching abusers, pedophiles, etc. as entertainment, while poor grieving people/families coping with trauma have to be forced to air out all their issues, at the expense of innocent young children, even with the snark in the background. 😔

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Sad 3

He wants to go and visit his dad so dad can ask him if he's sure he wants to do this and if Violet isn't just some furrin hoor who wants a green card and not Riley's true and unstinting luuuuuv.

Just now, greekmom said:

Am i going to hell for thinking I am ok if Violet just takes whatever she can get from Riley. Even his last dollar?

Come sit over here by me on the "Riley's a worm" couch!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
Just now, Hotel Snarker said:

Sorry, I have reached my breaking point. I refuse to support exploitation of people going through serious, often severe problems. I REALLY wanted to opt out of the last season of HEA for the purpose of not giving abusers attention, but then again I wanted to stay with you guys. Now, I’ve reached a breaking point where I can no longer enjoy myself while watching abusers, pedophiles, etc. as entertainment, while poor grieving people/families coping with trauma have to be forced to air out all their issues, at the expense of innocent young children, even with the snark in the background. 😔

We will miss your insights 

• Like 3
  • Love 3