Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

I wonder if Jeymi got karate chopped in the face during the night.

6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Kris is nuttier than an Almond Joy. Jeymi needs to run fast and far before she's murdered in her sleep.

She can say she did it while sleepwalking.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I missed you all! Houseguest wanted to go see Colm Toibin lecture at Boston College, since she eventually hopes to go there for a Masters in Irish Literature. So I went with her. I've never read any of his books but he was quite entertaining and interesting. Not as much fun as the Pounders, but hey.

Dis not a good sichuashun. Go to Room 5.

Edited by charmed1
  • Like 1
  • LOL 10
Just now, Frozendiva said:

For me, it was always the same dress the brides pick. The same too many relatives voting for a dress that they like. Some of the manufactured stories.

And Randy tut tutting about how the bride's budget can't POSSIBLY cover the cost of the dress she says she wants! "She wants beading, she wants lace, she wants a mermaid, she wants a ball gown, well there's no WAY she can get that with her measly $5000 budget!" 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

For me, it was always the same dress the brides pick. The same too many relatives voting for a dress that they like. Some of the manufactured stories.

I'm unable to tolerate weddings. Like Kris and mint, I'm allergic to fanfare. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

And Randy tut tutting about how the bride's budget can't POSSIBLY cover the cost of the dress she says she wants! "She wants beading, she wants lace, she wants a mermaid, she wants a ball gown, well there's no WAY she can get that with her measly $5000 budget!" 

It just makes me sad to think that they are wasting so much money on a wedding dress and half of them will get divorced anyway.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

No one added the tailoring costs either. Veil, belt, shoes, etc.  Everything is extra.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She can at Goodwill after the Kleinfield bride gets cold feet.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
Just now, Frozendiva said:

No one added the tailoring costs either. Veil, belt, shoes, etc.  Everything is extra.

Right? First they persuade the bride to raise the budget, then they stick a veil on her, or one of those stupid belts they love so much. Those poor women will end up spending thousands over budget before Kleinfeld is through with them.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

It just makes me sad to think that they are wasting so much money on a wedding dress and half of them will get divorced anyway.

Think of it as an expensive vacation. There, that's better!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Mine had chiffon and beading and it was on sale for 600 bucks. Still expensive but deals can be found everywhere.

• Applause 4

Dear 90-Day gods: Please do not let Isabel and Gabe turn out to be terrible people. Right now I'm really liking them and believe they may have a chance.

-they've met in person before

-they're both bilingual

-they seem to genuinely like each other

Don't let me down now!

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Mine had chiffon and beading and it was on sale for 600 bucks. Still expensive but deals can be found everywhere.

I got married in a white cotton peasant dress I found for $75 in Filene's Basement. I found shoes for $20 there too. Borrowed a hat from a friend and wore crocheted white gloves I found for something like $5. Of course, I had a shoestring hippie wedding at my parents house. 

• Like 6
  • Hugs 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I wore the black skirt and patterned top that I'd worn to new years eve the night before we loosely tied the knot. I kind of knew where it was going, in advance. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, kacesq said:

How long will Kris’ house money last?

I think she's blown through it already, the way she keeps talking about that extra $100 a month in the rent.

Also, Mahmoud and Bini have the same speech pattern. Lots of "uhs," and, "likes" in one sentence.

• Like 4
Just now, Suzywriter said:

I wore the black skirt and patterned top that I'd worn to new years eve the night before we loosely tied the knot. I kind of knew where it was going, in advance. 

I got a skirt, blouse, bolero vest ensemble at Loehmann’s, bought the hat at a store across from Jordan Marsh in Boston and we had the wedding at the Hillel House where we went to college.

• Like 3
  • Love 3