Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I cannot believe that they are trotting out the old "Can my elderly wife provide me with babies?" plot. I can't even whip up any fury at this any more. Its just so LAME.

Well watching them interview surrogates could be interesting. No way is a Mama going to want to hand over her newborn to old lady Jenny

Opps…I meant Sumit’s mother. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I cannot believe that they are trotting out the old "Can my elderly wife provide me with babies?" plot. I can't even whip up any fury at this any more. Its just so LAME.

Coupled with "Can my close to past child-bearing age wife please not provide me with babies."

• Fire 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

There’s a documentary on TLC called Baby Doctors set in London.  He handles high risk pregnancies.  I can  see a crossover with this one.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

So will Sumit's family think Jenny kidnapped or brainwashed him if they move to the States? Rather than he chose to live his life with his chosen spouse?

Hmmm... the thought of Jenny as a cult leader with only one follower...

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

BileDouche’s mother and his family need to learn that boundaries are important and Shae needs to learn that nobody needs to know their business. Oh, and BileDouche needs to shut the fuck up.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Like 3
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Anyone have any anecdotes from the past week? Its one week till Halloween here and we're already past the breaking point. Salem's a city of 43,000, and we had over 100,000 visitors here last weekend. My houseguest got a job at a local shop through October to keep her in spending money while she searches for a job. They have a doorman so the shop doesn't get too crowded. Lines everywhere. Most of us locals get that people want to visit but LOTS of our guests seem to think that Salem is some kind of theme park or something. Like Colonial Williamsburg, or Legoland. Not a real place where people live. It can get a little frustrating. 

Her kitty will now sometimes interact with me but still avoids my poor husband like poison. He's determined to win him over though, and scatters treats around for him like bait. 

I'd love to go and see Salem. I saw a youtube video where they located a probable site of the hangings  not on the top of the hill, but in some woods sort of at the base of the hill near an old stone wall.  Somehow it was even creepier than if it was at the top of the hill

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Just because your sister was 43 DOES NOT MEAN Shaeeda can have kids at 43 also. God. Bilal sucks.

4 minutes ago, OneGuy said:

Coupled with "Can my close to past child-bearing age wife please not provide me with babies."

TLC is just mocking us at this point.

• Love 11

And Mama Bilal? Has a face like a fist. I wouldn't want to run into her in a dark alley. 

MAMA BILAL SHAEEDA HAS BEEN TRYING TO HAVE "THIS CONVERSATION" WITH YOUR OBTUSE, WOODEN HEADED DICKHEAD OF A SON FOR MONTHS. 

The whole bunch of them are insane. Shaeeda needs out of this asylum. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

In our places we got a whole lot of sales last weekend and this weekend. Raleigh got tons of visitors because of the State Fair. I got to meet and converse with a bunch of people at work and it was fun!

Thank you for having all of them. I’ve had it with everyone coming to the beach. We locals can finally get into a restaurant. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

I'd love to go and see Salem. I saw a youtube video where they located a probable site of the hangings  not on the top of the hill, but in some woods sort of at the base of the hill near an old stone wall.  Somehow it was even creepier than if it was at the top of the hill

Its a place called Proctor's Ledge, and there's a small commemorative site there now. Its off the beaten path but not hard to get to. It is a bit hidden. If you come to Salem let me know, I'd be delighted to show you around! 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Once again, Yara, you are rude--to converse in a foreign language in front of someone who doesn't understand it. This is not a trivial occasion but the first meal you've all had together, and he can tell you are talking about him. Let's try some Empathy 101, shall we? Suppose you and Jovi spent the evening talking mostly in English right in front of Mom without translating.  

(Not that he's any prize in some ways.) 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

Once again it's rude, Yara, to converse in a foreign language in front of someone who doesn't understand it. This is not a trivial occasion but the first meal you've all had together, and he can tell you are talking about him. 

I can’t feel too sorry for Jovi because he made absolutely no effort to learn any Ukrainian 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

We did day trips to Salem when we were at Hanscom AFB, but this  was before Hocus Pocus came out. I would love to get back, but not in October. I hate crowds.

Mr. Twopper was in a production of The Crucible a few years ago

Edited by Twopper
Spelling
  • Love 6