Type keyword(s) to search

Scenes From A Marriage - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Watching the trailer, it feels like only whit-ish middle-class people have marriage problems. Is it just me or are these types of movies/TV-shows always with the "typical white American couple"?

Oscar Osaac is 42. The unkempt hair is definitely making him look older. 

I'm just glad Jessica Chastain is just 2 years younger than him.

This is a remake?

HBO subscribers are probably well educated, affluent.

I don’t know how diverse they are but HBO has certainly put on shows featuring people of color.  So has Showtime.

You see a huge social media following by people of color for shows like Insecure and The Chi.

in this case, the original movie is about Swedish people.  Can’t get whiter than that.

black people might watch this show and say “black people would never do that.”

• Love 1

Some early reviews have started appearing, kind of lukewarm on it.  Good acting but it pales compared to the original, seems to be the sentiment.

One thing of note, all 5 episodes were directed by Hagai Levi, the Israeli director who created the original show on which Showtime's The Affair is based.

• Useful 2

Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain Give Life to Scenes From a Marriage

Surely the chemistry between Chastain and Isaac is bolstered by the fact that they have played spouses before, in 2014’s under-seen and excellent A Most Violent Year. When the moment calls for it, there is real, palpable heat between them. To put it another way: If you thought the way Isaac kissed Chastain’s arm on the Venice Film Festival red carpet was hot, your genitalia may burst into actual flames when you watch episode four of Scenes From a Marriage.

0D169A6D-7FE5-47A0-BCAF-B06D217BB8A4.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/11/2021 at 11:52 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Surely the chemistry between Chastain and Isaac is bolstered by the fact that they have played spouses before, in 2014’s under-seen and excellent A Most Violent Year.

I think they’re also old college friends, so they’re obviously very comfortable with each other - they’ve known each other a long time. (A Most Violent Year is very good.)

The last scene with her crying in the doctor’s office was excellent. I was also glad to see Nicole Beharie (the polyamorous wife) because she should be in more things.

• Love 6

The original was so ground breaking.  My mom saw it in the theater and made her hesitate about marriage.  She also said it helped make Liv Ullmann more known in America.

It also inspired Knots Landing, Family, and other family dramas on TV in the 70s and early 80s.

I do think a remake is cool because marriage in the 21st century has different challenges (technology, higher cost of living, more muddled gender lines).  But my fear is that it would be bias and favor the wife over the husband...when in the original version..both were flawed and equally at fault for their marital issues.

• Love 1

That was intense! I could just feel the heaviness in the room and I thought the performances really captured the emotions in a nuanced way that made them  feel like an actual couple. 

The last scenes were brutal. I think each was waiting for the other to come out and say they wanted the baby but wanting to make the other one being supported by what they thought they wanted. Kind of a f-Ed up “Gift of the Magi” situation. I really thought she was going to vomit and that would reopen the decision.

I guess, as a married woman, it’s hard to imagine discussing whether to proceed with a pregnancy unless there were insurmountable issues like I would have before I had settled down. The open marriage discussion and the kiss between the two wives while the two husbands continued their discusión seemed like a lot to cover in the first episode. My friends and I must be pretty boring!

I enjoyed the grad student interviewing them and how they played off each other, deferred to the other, trying to balance the interview and her discomfort in being left alone with the student felt very authentic.

I’m really interested in how he came from being an Orthodox Jew all through college to being what seems like pretty secular in his views and but that may be a entirely different show.

I haven’t seen the original but I’m definitely intrigued, though I don’t want to spoil this show by seeing it just now in case the outcome is fairly similar.  I’ll have to check out The Most Violent Year now.  

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I guess, as a married woman, it’s hard to imagine discussing whether to proceed with a pregnancy unless there were insurmountable issues like I would have before I had settled down.

I really appreciated that storyline. I am not married but I know married women who have terminated pregnancies. I think I’ve read that the majority of women who choose to terminate are married, but I’m not 100% sure. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend had a married woman with two teenagers decide to terminate as well and I appreciated them for that as well - it adds nuance to the conversation.

32 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m really interested in how he came from being an Orthodox Jew all through college to being what seems like pretty secular in his views and but that may be a entirely different show.

I’d watch it. I’d also watch a show about Nicole Beharie & Corey Stoll’s open marriage - there was a line about how Corey Stoll suggested they open it to justify his cheating, but apparently now Nicole Beharie is more involved with her other partners than he is (he might not have any other partners?) which is a thing I’ve heard is common in heterosexual open marriages, that women get more attention than men.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I think they’re also old college friends, so they’re obviously very comfortable with each other - they’ve known each other a long time. (A Most Violent Year is very good.)

The last scene with her crying in the doctor’s office was excellent. I was also glad to see Nicole Beharie (the polyamorous wife) because she should be in more things.

Yupp, they were both trained at Juilliard.

When Jon and Mira were asked by the researcher to define themselves, neither of them said “husband” and “wife”. What a red flag huh!

The scene where Mira told Jon she’s pregnant, it fell flat for me. The scenes in the exam room were painful to watch. Mira crumbling in the end, that’s heart-wrenching.

Am here because of Jessica Chastain. I won’t be watching SFAM if Michelle Williams plays Mira.

• Love 2

This first episode was really good. During the couple's interview with the grad student, I kept trying to figure out: do they actually like each other? Do they hate each other? Why is Oscar Isaac mansplaining Mira's pronouns? Was she not speaking fast enough for him? Why is Mira being so cagey about simple questions? 

The pace was a little slow, but the excellent performances more than made up for it. Nicole Beharie's character could have been silly or melodramatic, but she played it perfectly. Nicole also went to Julliard, by the way. But Corey Stoll? He's a straight-up dog. I'm sorry Nicole "caught" feelings for her lover. She deserves to be with someone who loves and cherishes her. 

I wonder what happened in the 10 days between the couple deciding to keep the baby then deciding not to. I know it was a gut-wrenching decision either way. 

I'm excited to see more episodes.  Ever since seeing Jessica Chastain in the Netflix movie Ava, I've been making my way through her entire film catalog. She's one of my favorite actresses. 

• Love 5

I don’t understand why they’re friends with that couple.  Both are belligerently proud of the open marriage and talk up their affairs.  What do Jon and Mira say, “good for you” for leading a lifestyle which neither of them have opted to pursue?

or are they going to show that they’ve cheated or have been tempted to cheat?

She would be reluctant to have another child because it could derail her career.  He may be unwilling to assume a greater burden for raising their children.  He kept saying “wow” several times, maybe because he didn’t want to articulate his doubts?

But they both seem to have problems with their decision and it may be more due to doubts about the marriage than her work or his child raising role.

Seems like until they sat down for the interview, they hadn’t confronted some ambivalence they may have felt about their marriage.  Now their perceptions are being challenged by that chaotic couple and this pregnancy.

Are pregnancies the points at which couples decide whether to double down or fold if they have misgivings about the marriage?  Not for many people because people divorce after they have several children.  Even if they had doubts about staying with their spouses, many people still seem to go ahead with having more children.

But still not clear if this pregnancy is leading to a crisis in the marriage or if they decide to end the pregnancy because one or both of them have doubts.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, aghst said:

But still not clear if this pregnancy is leading to a crisis in the marriage or if they decide to end the pregnancy because one or both of them have doubts.

They sure cleared that up in the second episode!  Wow, that was intense and painful.   Jonathon was a lot calmer than I would have been in his shoes.  The depth of betrayal he must have felt as Mira went on about how she was in love and immediately leaving for Israel for months, and wanted a separation and divorce.  That was quite a bomb she dropped into his lap and their family life, and seemingly expected him to just accept it.   What a strange sense of entitlement Mira seems to feel, as though she is owed something because she was unhappy in her marriage.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, izabella said:

They sure cleared that up in the second episode!  Wow, that was intense and painful.   Jonathon was a lot calmer than I would have been in his shoes.  The depth of betrayal he must have felt as Mira went on about how she was in love and immediately leaving for Israel for months, and wanted a separation and divorce.  That was quite a bomb she dropped into his lap and their family life, and seemingly expected him to just accept it.   What a strange sense of entitlement Mira seems to feel, as though she is owed something because she was unhappy in her marriage.

Yeah, I agreed with Jonathan - that was cruel. The conversation would have been painful no matter what but to do it that way was awful. You can’t just announce that you’re leaving for three months the night before, no matter what the reason - they have a kid! That takes planning! And she IS leaving their kid; she’s not going to take her to Israel (and I don’t think Jonathan would allow it, nor should he) for these three months or otherwise.

The one time I felt sorry for Mira was when she said Jonathan was a good dad and she broke down and couldn’t finish - I think she was acknowledging that he was the better parent, which was probably painful. Motherhood is still seen as the pinnacle for women; to acknowledge that you’re not good at it and that your kid is more bonded to the other parent must hurt.

I think the morning after scene was the worst - the stress gave Jonathan an asthma attack, she left him to tell their daughter, and then he called his friends and realized everyone knew but him. He must feel like she made a fool of him. 

• Love 16

Mira is unbelievable and selfish!  She has been unfaithful for months but she sees herself as a victim just because she was unhappy with Jon for a long time. Not only she’s so eager to leave (their marriage) for Tel Aviv, she also thinks that Ava is better off with Jon. She dropped the bombshell in one night, expecting Jon to swallow everything in and left him to deal with his heartbreak and Ava simultaneously. Her last hurtful remarks to Jon, “I’m not attracted to you anymore, how do you fix that?”, that’s cruel!

Jon kept on convincing Mira to stay, to talk everything out, to slow talk with Ava etc etc make me wanna scream at him “she doesn’t love you anymore, let her go!!!”. It will be difficult for Jon to pick up the pieces with and in front of Ava.

Mira is lucky to have Poli as her escape route. Without Poli, will Mira have the courage to pack up and leave since she has no backup? And for how long this rendezvous with a 29yo will last?

At the moment, both characters of Jon and Mira aren’t really likeable. Am just worried about little Ava! She was right all along, mommy won’t be there for her when she wakes up.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

She has been unfaithful for months but she sees herself as a victim just because she was unhappy with Jon for a long time.

I don’t think she sees herself as a victim, more that she sees herself as entitled to the affair and to leave because she’s been unhappy. She had already convinced herself that she was right to do what she was doing and she was running through her list of talking points: the affair has been good for her, made her a better parent, Jonathan will be happier without her (which is probably true in the long run). Jonathan hasn’t done anything to her; she just wants to leave.

I tend to be someone who takes a more gray view of cheating - it’s not something we should aspire to do, but I can see how it happens in certain situations. Life is long, people are complicated. But Mira being like “OK, leaving the country for my new lover, bye!” is just so … trifling. If nothing else, she owes Ava more than that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

It makes sense that she would have an affair or be tempted to.  She agreed to have the abortion because she didn't want to be trapped in the marriage longer.  But why after 10 years?  Did that interview force her to examine if the marriage was "successful" or she wanted to be in the marriage longer?

Did the conversation with Kate, who said that her affairs made her happier and that she wanted to "model" her always seeking passion, by seeking other partners, for her daughter influence Mira's thinking?  The fact that she confided in the open marriage couple, or at least Kate, may suggest she was influenced or at least became open to the idea that she might be happier with another partner.

According to her telling, Poli pursued her, she didn't seek it out, but she didn't reject it either.

First she says she's in love with someone else and Jonathan has to prompt her to say that she wanted to continue with her affair.  He asked why is she telling him now and she doesn't say outright that she wants to leave him.  But then he asked more questions and what do you know, she wants to go off to Israel with her lover the very next day.

Do married people divorce when they no longer love their spouse or do they push for divorce after they've found another partner that they think they want to be with?

With the relatively high rate of divorce, it would seem there are a lot of loveless marriages, where for some period of time, one or both spouse know they're not happy as they used to be or want to be, yet they remain in the marriage -- for money reasons, children, etc.

But being unhappy or not feeling passion for the spouse is not enough of a trigger for people to end marriages, it's only when they think they've found passion or the potential for happiness with another partner that seems to precipitate separations and eventually divorce.

So according to Mira, she endured a period of feeling suffocated, wanting to flee.  They enacted that when he was trying to hug her and she wriggled out of the hug to run out the door.

For all we know, she might have been unfaithful with others before Poli.

To dramatize all this, they had to show this long conversation, or Jon trying to get answers and Mira being evasive but letting more and more spill out.  Still, it seemed odd that they'd sleep in the same bedroom that night, with him trying to get more answers and convincing her not to go on her trip while she was rejecting his asks, saying she was leaving no matter what.

They have a scene of them brushing their teeth together, just as in the first episode, though obviously much different.  Mira barely brushes her teeth, spits, leaves so she doesn't have to be next to him, both of them images in the mirror.

Jonathan finally turns off the lights, turns away from her to sleep on his side and then she cuddles him.  Mercy cuddle?  They wake up holding hands and then immediately she runs into the bathroom to shower.  Jon doesn't pursue the marks on her back, which he noticed the previous night.

Mira hurriedly stuffs clothes into a big suitcase, including the hangers.  In her mad rush, she can't close the suitcase so he packs for her.  She's in a rush to leave the house, literally runs out the door without speaking to Ava.

They're probably not going to have Mira be the villain throughout the series, probably going to cast her in a more positive light later on.  Or at least not have her appear to be abandoning her daughter and denying that her leaving will damage her daughter be the only impression of the character.

Otherwise, what are the remaining 3 episodes going to show?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, aghst said:

Do married people divorce when they no longer love their spouse or do they push for divorce after they've found another partner that they think they want to be with?

I’d guess it’s more likely the latter unless there’s some other pressing reason like abuse, addiction, etc.  There are so many reasons (finances, kids, fear of being alone, sheer inertia) that prevent people from making huge life changes like divorce.

Edited by TomGirl
  • Love 3

The reason I'm watching this show is for the superb acting of Jessica Chastain and Oscar Isaac. After this episode the director said that that bedroom scene where Jessica reveals her affair was about twenty minutes long, and it was all done in one take. That's really amazing to me.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Mira is lucky to have Poli as her escape route. Without Poli, will Mira have the courage to pack up and leave since she has no backup? And for how long this rendezvous with a 29yo will last?

She told Jonathan that he hadn't done anything wrong, and that this was about her and what she's feeling and who she is.  I think this 29 year old makes her feel the way she wants to feel about herself, and brings out a part of herself that she likes and wants to be all the time.  Part of that is being single and without a child....like she will effectively be in Israel with Poli. 

He's about ten years younger than her?  And she's been married for 10 years.  Maybe that means something.  Maybe that's the age when she last felt free and free of wife and mother responsibilities, and Poli brings that lightness of being out in her.

I think she will eventually realize she is using Poli as an escape route and a life raft.  I sense it will be quick.  Her 3 months with Poli will be fun and fantastic at first, but then she'll start to realize that he was a means to an end..  If that's where he lives, she's not likely to move there.  That's his life, not one she dreamed of for herself.

Edited by izabella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, izabella said:

I think she will eventually realize she is using Poli as an escape route and a life raft.  I sense it will be quick.  Her 3 months with Poli will be fun and fantastic at first, but then she'll start to realize that he was a means to an end..  If that's where he lives, she's not likely to move there.  That's his life, not one she dreamed of for herself.

According to Mira, Poli will be relocating to the States at some point. She isn’t sure to which city yet, probably he’ll be based in their New York office, all is TBD. This trip to Tel Aviv is for Poli to finalize everything in the transition/acquisition.

• Useful 1

This writer believes the way the series breaks the fourth wall at the start of each episode (at least the first two), kind of robs it of the dramatic power it might have had.

The writer and director Hagai Levi (In Treatment) explained in an interview that the idea to draw attention to behind-the-scenes activity was spontaneous. “It was kind of an instinct I had when we started rehearsal,” he said. “I wanted to say, Hey, this is not about this very specific couple … It’s much more general, much more abstract than this. And that was, for me, a way to say that—I don’t know if it makes sense.”

It doesn’t. For one, the on-set sequences date the show as a pandemic-era production. Two, in trying to universalize his central couple’s experience, Levi seems to misunderstand what makes relationship dramas resonate. Given how many of these stories amount to a series of painful fights, viewers have to be persuaded to stick around. The couple must sell their particular circumstances and define their once-passionate history to give the story stakes.

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2021/09/hbo-scenes-from-a-marriage-tv-review/620132/

• Love 7

I disagree with the article.  I think the device reminds us that we are watching a dramatization of what happens between two people, it's just one of the many stories that could be told.  I like it.

I was wondering if that whole scene was made without a cut, bravo for the two of them.

• Love 1

I think that breaking the fourth wall at the beginning of each episode takes my attention away. I don't want to see the house props and the crew before an actor starts performing. I guess the director took the title of Scenes from a Marriage literally and must think it is a clever artsy device. I think it was a mistake. I think I'll fast forward through it on the next episodes while closing my eyes!

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 7

I’m unclear on the timeline of the affair. Is it possible her pregnancy was the result of her affair and the baby wasn’t Jon’s? That would definitely add another layer of anguish to her decision-making about it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SHD said:

I’m unclear on the timeline of the affair. Is it possible her pregnancy was the result of her affair and the baby wasn’t Jon’s? That would definitely add another layer of anguish to her decision-making about it.

She said she knew if she had another baby she wouldn’t leave, so I assume the baby was Jonathan’s. If she thought the baby was Poli’s, it would give her another reason to leave. 

• Love 2

Why was there so much crap on their countertops? Is it because he’s looking at naked ladies online all day? 

But also, ouch, this was tough to watch. I felt exhausted afterwards as if I had been arguing myself.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Paws said:

Why was there so much crap on their countertops?

That bugged me too. And he washed out the wine glasses but left the open cookies/crackers/whatever she was eating out all night. I thought, "Oh, man...you guys are going to get ants!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Do stay at home husbands/dads keep as clean a home as stay at home wives?

He's able to work from home so he's not strictly a stay at home spouse.

Maybe they need to hire housekeeping services but seems like it's not something that bothers Mira.  There are maybe many other things which bother her before she deals with messiness.

• Love 2

It's weird to say I'm enjoying this...maybe appreciate is the better verb. All of the acting is on point IMO.

Not only do I like the fourth-wall view at the beginning, I like the closing credits that show shots of the neighborhood, like...we never know what's really going on behind any of the closed doors of the houses we pass on our way to wherever we're going...

I see HBO also has the original Bergman film. I'm really tempted to watch it. Will it spoil my appreciation/enjoyment of this remake?

• Love 12

I don't like the break-the-fourth wall intro. It's nothing new or  novel and to me, and it's just kind of annoying in a people-did-that-in-drama-school-80-years-ago way. I don't start paying attention until the acting starts. Then I'm riveted - surprisingly, because at the beginning of the series I thought it might be tedious.

• Love 4

So did she know that Poli had called Jon and left that message? I'm enjoying this more than l thought l would. Maybe "appreciating" is a better word than "enjoying." I really like Isaac Oscar and that's what made me start watching. I loved "Show Me a Hero" and really loved him in that heartbreaking  story.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Arcey said:

So did she know that Poli had called Jon and left that message? I'm enjoying this more than l thought l would. Maybe "appreciating" is a better word than "enjoying." I really like Isaac Oscar and that's what made me start watching. I loved "Show Me a Hero" and really loved him in that heartbreaking  story.

Show Me a Hero will always be Isaac's definitive performance for me; I bought the book it was based on the day after that miniseries ended and still can't get the story out of my head, he brought it so much to life. That said, I think Jessica Chastain is killing it here. She can do more with a glance than most other actors can do with a whole page of dialogue.

I saw the movie version of Scenes in college (film minor, so you kinda had to see all the Bergman you could 😉) but this version is making me forget that fast.

• Love 4

I'm 3 episodes in and I'm still ambivalent. I don't know if I care or don't care about these people or if I'm bored or interested. Mira is coming off like a total POS. Not sure if that's intentional or not. And as much as I try to like Jon i can totally understand why Mira left him. I find him frustrating in that college professor but let's talk about your feelings way. I confess I just retired from academia and have met 100 Jons. But he pales in comparison to Mira who is the female version of a giant tool. 

• Love 4

I find I must nitpick re: Ava. She was supposed to be four years old in the first scene, then eight months was supposed to have elapsed between that and scene two, so maybe she was five by then.

Then a year apparently went by between scene two and scene three, so she's what? six by now? and still acting like a four-year-old. I'll chalk it up to regressive behavior due to her f-ed up home situation, because otherwise, the practicalities of using an actress who would of course remain the same age through the filming schedule takes me out of the story way more than the intro-breaking-the-fourth-wall scenes do 😖

• Love 1

Are they playing games or are they just bad at communicating what they really want?

Mira comes over with the flashy new hairdo color, which Jonathan notices.  She walks up to the door at a good pace, all upright, as if she's eager to.

All hugs and kisses, lot of stroking the shoulders and arms.

It's a year later, she's living with Poli and they're sharing custody of Ava, though they're not divorced.

Jonathan has remodeled a bit and he's moved his bed downstairs, next to Ava's room.  Mira is surprised by the changes to the house, though if they've been sharing custody and she's been coming over to pick her up, wouldn't she have noticed the changes, at least in the living room?

Mira proposed this meeting and she tells Jon that she's got a big promotion but she'd have to move to London.  Jonathan stops smiling, says no way Ava is going to London with her so Mira says what if Jon and Ava both came, got an apartment near where she'd be living?

I don't remember the sequence but Jon reads some narrative he's written as part of seeing a therapist.  He essentially says that he shut her out, couldn't make her happy.  Mira says she feels lonely living with Poli.  Then they start making out and then Jon says no, they can't have sex.  But then they both move to the bedroom where they will apparently spend the night in the same bed not having sex.

But this reverie is interrupted by repeated calls from Laura, a woman Jon has been seeing and to whom he promised he'd call after Mira visited.  Jon makes a point of telling Laura that Mira is still there, in his bed and then puts on a little show for Mira of breaking up with Laura over the phone right in front of her.

Then Jon plays a voice mail of Poli telling telling Jon that he's over it, that is he wouldn't mind if Mira went back to Jonathan.  Before he could call her on her bullshit, Ava comes out and he has to coax her back to sleep.

Thing is, he wanted them to stay together, even after learning she was cheating on him.  He again repeats that they should have worked on it, try to save their relationship/marriage because they were special to each other.

But when she makes overtures, he shut them down, at least for this episode.  

Spoiler

In the previews, looks like she's begging him to take her back, though he protests that he has no feelings for her any more.

So he may want to punish her, blame her for leaving him, not trying to save their marriage as he begged her to do, before she ran out in the morning.

Yet a part of him probably wants his marriage back more than anything.

Mira:

“We can get it done in a day.”

“Aren’t you dying to get out of this place?”

“It’ll be a great opportunity for Ava.”

“Soon, there won’t be any trace of me here.”

“There’s no place in the world that would make me feel secure.”

“If Poli wasn’t coming would that change anything for you?”

This woman. The nerve.

A reminder for Laura‼️ Jonathan will never stop loving Mira. She knows that.

• Love 3

That was a gorgeous coat Mira was wearing.

19 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

“There’s no place in the world that would make me feel secure.”

When Jon said “sorry to hear that,” it mirrored what I was thinking. I liked that he called her on her shit about her loneliness being empowering, because I wasn’t buying it either.

That part with Poli’s voicemail had to be humiliating for her (it must hurt to hear the man you blew up your life for basically say “nah, no thanks”) but the way she so cruelly announced that she was leaving Jon made me glad for Jon that he had something to hold over her. (I did feel bad for Laura though.) 

On 9/27/2021 at 1:13 AM, TomGirl said:

I knew from the first moment when Mira walked through the door that she and Poli had broken up.

The hair, the outfit, the boots … that was a “show him what he’s missing” look.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

When Jon said “sorry to hear that,” it mirrored what I was thinking. I liked that he called her on her shit about her loneliness being empowering, because I wasn’t buying it either.

That part with Poli’s voicemail had to be humiliating for her (it must hurt to hear the man you blew up your life for basically say “nah, no thanks”) but the way she so cruelly announced that she was leaving Jon made me glad for Jon that he had something to hold over her. (I did feel bad for Laura though.) 

Mira is all about me, me, me. When Jon was talking about him etc, she yawned and steered their conversation because everything has to be about her.

I wish we could see more of her reactions and defensiveness re Poli’s voicemail. Ava oh Ava, bad timing!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

But it also revealed that Mira is a selfish person who only cares about her ego, which I guess we already knew, and was willing to rip Jonathan's heart out again just because she was dumped.  🙄. She is a real piece of work.

I like the show though.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3