Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Bored on Board Onboard

• Start Topic

::Crossing fingers for proper sound mixing this week::

It’s working!

Zari 2.0 is back! And off to have reunion sex with Con.

It could be worse y’all. You could be centuries away from Earth instead of weeks.

Ava I’m hardly Barry’s biggest fan but if Sara wants to invite him and Iris then she should. Don’t be an asshole about someone you’ve never shared a scene with. 

Con if you don’t want people to know you’ve become a junkie then pay attention to your behavior. And keep your clothes on during yoga.

Sara Black Siren is not your sister and never has been. If you want to invite her to the wedding…to be honest I don’t understand why but you’re free to do so but it can’t be because she’s your sister. SHE IS NOT!

One of these days the Arrowverse at large will stop acting like doppelgängers are all the same instead of unrelated individuals who happen to be physically identical.

The Legends playing D&D? Yep! Them playing a magical version courtesy of junkie Con? Yikes. They do look cool though.

Sara’s dress is great and I want her to wear it at the wedding. It’s got a veil and everything.

Kayla’s back!

Ha Ava’s first to die and can’t talk anymore.

HAHA Nate’s second to go down!

I like everyone else so I hope that’s it for character “deaths”.

Boo Sara was third. I wanted to see her on a mission without Ava.

Zari 2.0 having a character that makes her more dramatic is hilarious.

Dramatic thunder and lightning is being used perfectly.

My guess is Con is the Beast and it’s a big metaphor for his addiction.

Astra and Spooner are next.

I like Behrad being focused and taking charge.

When people ask Gideon a question can the whole ship hear when she answers? It seems like it’s both but it’s not consistent.

So Kayla’s printing Bishop a new body for saving her. Not surprised he’d return.

Zari said the big L so something bad is about to happen isn’t it?

Hey I was right! Addiction Metaphor is the Beast.

Zari stabbed the Beast and won the game! 

• Love 5

Are "Mafia," Among Us and games of that sort always so intense? I don't get out much to play games with others, so the sight of one character going full-on mental and endangering the other players seems likely to me.

I want to like the episode, but it felt "blah" for me. Or maybe there's a part of me that would've been more okay with someone finding one of Ray's old games instead of Gary breaking out his own. "Murder Mystery Dinner Theater" would have been really on-brand coming from Ray. Gary? Still an irritant.

1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

Ava I’m hardly Barry’s biggest fan but if Sara wants to invite him and Iris then she should. Don’t be an asshole about someone you’ve never shared a scene with. 

I think Ava has a point. The Legends mess with time too often. Barry is legendar- . . .um . . .well-noted as someone that can screw up time as well. I'd like to see the four categories, even if I know dare well the wedding will be small and intimate because that would be what the plot (and budget (demands). And yeah .  . bringing in Not!Laurel is weird. Also, does the failure of the Green Arrow/Canaries pilot mean that Not!Laurel and/or Dinah never got propelled into the future?

55 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Mick gets to continue the fine Arrowverse tradition of horrible wigs.

Not as outrageous as that Khan wig, though.

What a dark episode for Constantine. He definitely is an addict to dark magic. I dread what's gonna happen to him at the end of the season though. My heart is breaking for Zari Tarazi too. First time she's been in love and she's probably gonna lose John in a horrible manner. One peeve though Zari could always tell when there was something going on with Constantine why couldn't she now? At least she notice the wound on his neck that she gave "beast" Constantine. Gotta give Matt Ryan mad props he was excellent this episode! One thing I'm grateful to the Arrowverse for is giving me great actors for the DC characters: all have been good. Also kudos to Stephen Amell for fighting to get Matt/Constantine on board the Arrowverse. That was a great asset.

Ps. Liked the homage to the murder mystery movies of the past. Reminded me of one of my fave board game movies: Clue. 

I'm surprised none of the Legends suspected John except for Behrad he was right on the money, too bad that he backed off when Zari said she loves John  though. I loved that moment btw but wish Behrad would have kept on it. Maybe he'll notice it again later. 

I cracked up hilariously when Ava said that Barry & Iris weren't invited to the wedding because if BI showed up then a villain would probably ruin their wedding. For all the times The Flash and Flash fans 💢 on Oliver and Felicity for "ruining" the wedding, I felt vindicated 👌. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

Anyways...........

Kayla survived and she's working for Bishop oooh goody! Legends messes up in the same way that The Flash did in bringing in the main villain in the last 3 episodes. Though LOT is more salvageable because Bishop has been in the beginning of S6 unlike Godspeed but alas..... 

Mick's pregnancy is proving difficult. That wig though 😃

3 more episodes left curious to see how the season comes to an end. 

Edited by tvwatchergordis
  • Love 4

I kind of see Ava's logic and it even got a chuckle out of me, but I still felt a little bad that she didn't want Barry or Iris at the wedding because that would mean a villain would ruin it.  It was only one time!  To be fair, there will be a lot about the list I would want to see unpacked.  Knowing some of Ava's jealously issues, if Sara even thought about inviting Nyssa, that would be an invitation that would be lost in the mail...

So, sure enough, most of the Legends find themselves playing a board game to past some time (so disappointed it wasn't Gryphons and Gargoyles.  I want them to bring Riverdale into the Arrowverse, dammit!), but thanks to Magical Druggie Constantine, it turns into a "Mafia" like game, where the team is actually getting picked off one by one by a beast.  And said beast ends up being a part of Constantine himself that he is still trying to hold back, but is clearly failing at.  Yeah, taking Crowley's blood was clearly a bad call there, buddy.

Glad that Behrad at least sees that something is up and hopefully he won't let Zari's claim that she "loves" Constantine sway him from that.  Of course, it looks like Zari herself has now figured out something is up thanks to his scar, so hopefully she'll be taking a more prominent role in this soon.

Kayla is back!  And clearly going to be in league with Bishop.  Sigh.

Mick's wig is truly a sight to behold!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tvwatchergordis said:

I cracked up hilariously when Ava said that Barry & Iris weren't invited to the wedding because if BI showed up then a villain would probably ruin their wedding. For all the times The Flash and Flash fans 💢 on Oliver and Felicity for "ruining" the wedding, I felt vindicated 👌. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

Except Barry and Iris as characters didn't ruin anyone's wedding and that's not what they are saying here either. Ava thinks that they are a magnet for supervillains and that's why she doesn't want them at their wedding. It's a reminder that the WestAllen church ceremony got interrupted by Earth-X Nazis but the joke falls a bit flat when you consider that the supervillains only attacked because they were looking for Kara. Maybe it's her they shouldn't invite.

I love WestAllen and didn't find this offensive at all. This show has said worse things about Wally and his family and had Ava make the most tasteless joke about Oliver after he sacrificed himself in Crisis. This is perfectly in character for Ava. She acts a little bit like a control freak but I felt bad for Sara because it sounded like she wanted Barry there but her fiancée told her "no thanks he and his wife are bad luck".

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Starry said:

I love WestAllen and didn't find this offensive at all. This show has said worse things about Wally and his family and had Ava make the most tasteless joke about Oliver after he sacrificed himself in Crisis. This is perfectly in character for Ava. She acts a little bit like a control freak but I felt bad for Sara because it sounded like she wanted Barry there but her fiancée told her "no thanks he and his wife are bad luck".

We all know that this is irrelevant for the onscreen ceremony - it's almost certain that the people who should be highest on the invite list (Quentin, Ray, Nora, Charlie, Jax, etc.) won't show up.  Maybe they'll pay lip service to a grand get together after that fact.

• Love 1

How will they avoid the fact that Sara (even though she's a clone) still has living parents on Earth-Prime, Quentin Lance and Dinah Lance? Will they be invited to the wedding? And if not, why?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

there will be a lot about the list I would want to see unpacked. 

3 hours ago, Starry said:

This is perfectly in character for Ava.

Truth. On the one hand I'm appalled that she went ahead and put together a "No invitation under any circumstance" list herself instead of with Sara but it's also not at all surprising since this is the same woman who let her jealousy over Sara's past relationship with Oliver prevent her from offering condolences and support when he died. We did get the brief scene of what looked like Sara objecting to Ava inviting her fake parents while trying to sell her on inviting Black Siren so I think that's meant to show they were going over every possible invitation but still. There are plenty of things that the couple getting married can divvy up as one will have a stronger opinion than the other but invitations are one of the wedding staples that absolutely has to be put together by both. I hope Ava's bridezilla behavior gets called out and rectified before the ceremony.

I agree that there's no way this wedding is anything other than an intimate ceremony on the Waverider attended by only the other Legends so the invite list is ultimately moot but it still makes Ava look bad.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

How will they avoid the fact that Sara (even though she's a clone) still has living parents on Earth-Prime, Quentin Lance and Dinah Lance? Will they be invited to the wedding? And if not, why?

Given Ava's jealousy and behavior I would expect her to "forget" to send their invitations since it's a reminder that Sara had real parents while Ava's were fake and anything that reminds Ava she's a clone makes her feel bad. What's more likely to happen is that, when the inevitable shenanigans happen that prevent the wedding from being anything other than the Legends on the Waverider, Sara will probably say something about calling them after the fact and sending them pictures. That'll be the most we get and then nothing more.

• Love 1

The game was pretty funny. It was hilarious seeing everyone in their different roles, especially Sara's fake French accent and Zari's dramatic "fainting". Until people started to die for real. Then it felt like I was watching an episode of the NBC Constantine show, I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now.

Nice seeing Kayla back. I knew she would be resourceful enough to survive. Didn't think it would be Bishop who saved her though. I did wonder if she was a Kayla clone printed by Bishop, or if she was Bishop himself when she started behaving suspiciously. It's not great when it's so easy to clone anyone, I'm having trust issues wondering if someone is really that person or not. Now even Gideon can print a clone.

Why are Sara and Ava walking around the ship like they are attached at the hips and mirror images of each other? Kind of creepy to me. Are they melding into a single entity? They even have to die right after each other in the game, mirror images of each other.

Also, it kind of rubbed me the wrong way when Ava put Barry in Group D, and Sara didn't really say anything. Barry and Iris did invite Sara to their wedding, and it seems rude for Sara not to do so. And Sara/Barry are becoming friends since Oliver died. Did Ava put Black Siren in Group D too, while inviting her fake actor "parents"?

I hope Zari doesn't become another Sara where all her plots revolve around her love interest Nate/Constantine.

Edited by lurker22

I had the closed-captions on and it noted that Zari spoke Farsi to Bahred at one point during the game. I know the family is Muslim but was it ever noted they were Iranian/Persian? I had assumed when Zari was introduced that they were Arabic

Is this going to be the Summer of Side-quests? This seemed similar to the princess cartoon and the bowling alley. The legends are taken to a magical place, they must win a game, things look dim, and then they win and everything resets to the Minnow Waverider, where Gary is fabricating a coconut pie.

Why did Ava grin when she read her "Monster or Victim" card? That looked like a 'real' expression.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DanaK said:

I had the closed-captions on and it noted that Zari spoke Farsi to Bahred at one point during the game. I know the family is Muslim but was it ever noted they were Iranian/Persian? I had assumed when Zari was introduced that they were Arabic

I have a vague memory of being told that Zari's family is Persian when she was first introduced.

22 hours ago, lurker22 said:

The game was pretty funny. It was hilarious seeing everyone in their different roles, especially Sara's fake French accent and Zari's dramatic "fainting". Until people started to die for real. Then it felt like I was watching an episode of the NBC Constantine show, I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now.

Nice seeing Kayla back. I knew she would be resourceful enough to survive. Didn't think it would be Bishop who saved her though. I did wonder if she was a Kayla clone printed by Bishop, or if she was Bishop himself when she started behaving suspiciously. It's not great when it's so easy to clone anyone, I'm having trust issues wondering if someone is really that person or not. Now even Gideon can print a clone.

Why are Sara and Ava walking around the ship like they are attached at the hips and mirror images of each other? Kind of creepy to me. Are they melding into a single entity? They even have to die right after each other in the game, mirror images of each other.

Also, it kind of rubbed me the wrong way when Ava put Barry in Group D, and Sara didn't really say anything. Barry and Iris did invite Sara to their wedding, and it seems rude for Sara not to do so. And Sara/Barry are becoming friends since Oliver died. Did Ava put Black Siren in Group D too, while inviting her fake actor "parents"?

I hope Zari doesn't become another Sara where all her plots revolve around her love interest Nate/Constantine.

I wondered about Gideon printing the clone too. Maybe they'll handwave that Gideon can't really do that but Kayla put some side tech on the Waverider to do it just that one time. Especially since the tentacle print was more growing a new tentacle off the stub, not creating something whole cloth (er...flesh?).

19 hours ago, DanaK said:

I think there’s been references to it here and there.  Like in the episode where Behrad takes Nate to meet his family (where we first meet Zari 2.0), his mom is giving him a hard time about finding a “nice Persian girl to marry.”  

• Love 1

Things are really taking a dark turn for Constantine, and while its a tough story for him (and for Zari when she figures it out) I am glad that the show is taking an appropriately serious tone. Yeah its an addition to magic, but addiction is still a really serious thing, no matter what to, even fantasy things, and its good to see the show giving it the gravitas it deserves, even with legends hijinks in the periphery. One critique I have had of the last few seasons is that sometimes the show goes so hard for wacky that it loses the ability to get serious when serious things happen, so I am enjoying them going to a darker place while not losing their madcap tone in general. Matt Ryan is doing really great work and I am glad that they are really letting him go hard on taking John down this road, showing the real consequences for what he has gotten himself into.

The murder mystery itself, even with Constantine having a meltdown, was still a lot of fun, and they did manage to have a darker spookier atmosphere without losing that sense of fun, like Sara really hamming it up as the French widow, the constant dramatic thunderclaps, and Ava being super annoyed at being killed first so she was unable win the game, which is actually a good use of Ava's super intense personally that's fun and not obnoxious (see below) and we had a lot of good one liners as things just kept getting crazier. "Well I want to shoot things, but that's pretty normal." It also had a lot of great Zari and Behrad moments, and I am glad that at least Behrad has noticed that something is off about John, and that Zari has now figured out that something is up to. Zari is certainly a good person to have in your corner during a crisis, she will have a 12 step plan going in about twenty minutes, magic or not. 

I swear, I am really not trying to just fill my posts with Ava complaints, I really do not hate her as a character, but this show really has an unfortunate tendency to make her say really unlikable things in ways that they think is funny, but always comes off as needlessly mean spirited. I guess the joke about hoping Iris and Barry don't come to the wedding because bad guys might attack was kind of funny, but its not exactly fair to them, its not like they were asking for interdimensional Nazis to invade their wedding, and their actual wedding and vow renewal went by without incident. Sara and Barry really went through some stuff together in Crisis, you would think she would want him there, even with the threat of possible supervillainy, but Ava always gets what Ava wants. I think that was what bugged me more than the comment, that Ava has apparently taken over the guest list and has already decided who she wants at the wedding and who she doesn't want and never asked Sara what she thought, and then when Ava said she didn't want one of Sara's friends there Sara just went along with it, it feels so out of character for the Sara we have always known. Since when does she let people boss her around? If Sara wants to invite Barry and Iris, just let her do it Ava, why do you get to decide everything? She just seems to insensitive to what Sara might want, and Sara just goes with it for some reason. Although I don't even know we are bothering with this wedding stuff beyond shipper bait, we know that it will just be the Legends and maybe some reference to how no one else can make it because of some hijinks or they decide to do quiet ceremony on the Waverider for just them because they cant afford that many guest actors I MEAN because its about them and not a big ceremony. Also, oh my God BLACK SIREN IS NOT YOUR SISTER SARA! THEY HAVE LITERALLY NO CONNECTION! I almost forgot how much that bugged me. 

Well we certainly that what list Nyssa ended up on, we all know how Ava feels about Sara's ex's. 

Not surprising that Kayla survived, which I am happy about. Also not surprising that Bishop survived which I am much less happy about. He's a boring Big Bad and i was really hoping we could get a new one now, but apparently not. Also back again? The Arrowverses love of truly terrible wigs. Yikes Mick. Yikes. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5

I am a big fan of Clue the board game and Clue the Movie is one of my favourite movies, so I loved the board game part of this episode.  It was so much fun.  I loved how they each became their character.  

Didn’t really care for the Mick/Gary story.  I dislike Bishop and his man bun and his singsong singing so I can only hope he is killed off by season’s end.

I realize the answer is "because plot reasons" and/or "because Gary" but why oh why didn't Gary immediately tell Gideon to turn off the meat printer as soon as he realized the tentacle was printing something gigantic and up to no good?!

• Love 1

Great follow-up to The Final Frame and this back-to-back run is probably one of my favorites during the Legends run and that's saying something.  A bottle episode in only the way Legends can do a bottle episode.  I always enjoy a Clue homage and Constantine's storyline is strong here.  Great character work and again, it's appreciated to have all hands on deck.  

I would think Barry's tendency to alter the timeline would be good enough reason not to invite him to the wedding.

4 hours ago, benteen said:

I would think Barry's tendency to alter the timeline would be good enough reason not to invite him to the wedding

I’ve decided it’s because Sara hooked up with Alex at Barry and Iris’ wedding and Ava’s eternal jealousy wants to punish them. Barry and Sara had those lovely Crisis scenes together so we know they’re friends  which is why Ava putting them on the “Under No Circumstances” list was a dick move. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

I’ve decided it’s because Sara hooked up with Alex at Barry and Iris’ wedding and Ava’s eternal jealousy wants to punish them. Barry and Sara had those lovely Crisis scenes together so we know they’re friends  which is why Ava putting them on the “Under No Circumstances” list was a dick move. 

I can't see that. I know Ava has faults, but I'm thinking her thinking boils down to this: "Barry fucks up time. We fuck up time. Barry comes over, all of us grow humps. And the most powerful nation on Earth is Sweden. We can't chance it." I'm thinking that any plans that would fall through will be Bishop's fault, because nobody can have nice shit when he's around.