Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

Tiffany, pointedly: "Don't take my loyalty for granted."
Deref: "Okay."
Tiffany, still pointedly: "You never have to question my vote."

They hugged it out and left. Deref eventually made his way to Azah to start complaining about Tiff but Britini came in mid-sentence so he swerved and advised her to go talk to Kyland.

I saw a shot of the memory wall cake. For those interested, the only faces eaten were Brent, Whitney, Sarah Beth, and Azah. The evicted HGs are in black and white on the cake. Those are... odd choices.

8 hours ago, blixie said:

heh now I always have hope, at least when it's not a bro down. ::fondly remembers when June put Ally Irwin on the block and she went to work campaigning:: truly amazing and hilarious. Jun v. Ally is the only BB face off I have no idea who I'd have voted for, and because I haven't watched every season is that the last time it was woman player v. woman player F2?

How can you forget The Friendship? Maggie vs Yvette. 

and wasn’t Jordan up against Gnatalie?  

Edited by Pixiebomb
18 minutes ago, Pixiebomb said:

How can you forget The Friendship? Maggie vs Yvette. 

and wasn’t Jordan up against Gnatalie?  

Rachel besting Porsche was the last all-women final 2, back in BB13.

EDITED TO ADD: Stupid crosspost. ;)

Edited by Brian Cronin
10 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Rachel besting Porsche was the last all-women final 2, back in BB13.

EDITED TO ADD: Stupid crosspost. ;)

Oh Rachel. *sigh*. She brought the crazy. I miss her. As annoying as she was.

• LOL 1

I suggest you listen to Brent Wolgamatt on the NSFW podcast talking about the Cookout and the cause at the first 10 mins of the podcast or so. I agree with him. To summarise he says that he is all in for the cause and representation matters and all that but what happens now with the CO makes the players not play for themselves, not doing the best moves for themselves and that this is boring and not good TV.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, himela said:

I suggest you listen to Brent Wolgamatt on the NSFW podcast talking about the Cookout

Over on RHAP several of the guest hosts have very mixed feelings. But they all seem to agree that ultimately this is a one-time-only thing, so they're generally okay with it. 

If the CO falls apart near the end, though, and a non-CO person wins... Well, we'll see. Lots to keep us talking either way I guess, which is fine by me. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Melina22 said:

Over on RHAP several of the guest hosts have very mixed feelings. But they all seem to agree that ultimately this is a one-time-only thing, so they're generally okay with it. 

I think they are scared to say anything different to be honest. Rob is very strict with political correctness.

2 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Lots to keep us talking either way I guess, which is fine by me

I don't disagree but these are not discussions I thought I'd have regarding this stupid game. I thought I'd be talking about strategy, fun stories with houseguests and crazy twists, not that serious stuff. Anyway...

Good morning! The cameras this morning are showing the same two bedrooms as yesterday. Camera 1 shows full view of the Cross bedroom. Minor mystery: two of the beds are empty and neatly made. I cannot tell who is in the other two beds. Camera 2 shows an individual sleeper but this view is so dark you can barely make anything out.

Camera 3 shows Kyland alone in the HOH bed. Camera 4 shows the same thing, but more of the room. This time he has an article of clothing folded neatly on the floor, either shorts or a shirt.

11 hours ago, blixie said:

Heh. I'm still confused about everything to do with High Rollers so I'm confused about how that week works, there is still a Veto so is the Veto holder off the table for Roulette Replacement Nom? If it's non CO HoH might be better to nom two non CO's so at least one of them is off the table and then your down to mostly CO's for the wheel, right? RIGHT?! This is when the math gets weird for me, and by weird I mean too hard. I guess you want the scenario that makes the most amount of CO's on the wheel the least amount of CO's who can vote.

The High Rollers is after noms but before veto. So there won't be a veto holder yet when the roulette thing happens. Unless they do the actual roulette thing after veto. Who knows lol.

54 minutes ago, himela said:

To summarise he says that he is all in for the cause and representation matters and all that but what happens now with the CO makes the players not play for themselves, not doing the best moves for themselves and that this is boring and not good TV.

OK but that's literally every season since like 16 so I'm not sure why now it bothers some people that it didn't seem to really bother before lol.

As for Azah voting out Brit: initially, Azah was definitely going to vote for Deref/give Brit a sympathy vote. I believe she still planned on doing that as of yesterday evening, because she got kinda huffy with Hannah about how her and Tiffany have to vote out Brit because she was afraid Deref could end up going.

I think by tonight the vote will probably end up being 7-1 for Brit to go with Azah giving her a sympathy vote tbh.

I'm gonna go ahead and prayer circle for Derex or Claire to win HOH and if one does then I will be giving the other all my BB Bucks votes.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

OK but that's literally every season since like 16 so I'm not sure why now it bothers some people that it didn't seem to really bother before lol.

The difference is that in past seasons when people were just playing a game that helped one person or an alliance the reason was that they didn't have the strategic or social mind to do anything different. Now the people not in the CO are really good players who are doing good moves to save themselves and to play a good game and the only thing that stops them is the cause.

The awesome thing about this season is that the big alliance is actually playing really well and a lot of the other players are as well. Usually, the big alliance is full of shitty players that just benefit from being in the big alliance and a lot of idiots who just don't really try. This season, everyone is playing. And they're pretty much all likeable too! And none of them are racist assholes! It makes the fact that it'll likely be a steamroll (just like all the other seasons lol) a little easier to take.

I find it interesting that the alums don't seem to be talking about this season much. Some of them are normally all over every season even though most seasons since at least BB16 have been boring and a steamroll, but this season they've been pretty quiet. 

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I find it interesting that the alums don't seem to be talking about this season much. Some of them are normally all over every season even though most seasons since at least BB16 have been boring and a steamroll, but this season they've been pretty quiet. 

My guess is they don’t want to be caught up in race wars. No matter what they say or what side they come down on, a bunch of people are going to get offended and start yelling at them in ALL CAPS. I can’t blame them for not wanting to deal with that, although it sucks if it means excellent gameplay is being ignored.

Hooray for last day of Ky HoH, hopefully forever because I don’t know if I could take a third round. Early this morning, I fell asleep as he was starting a gentle interrogation of I forget who, and woke up three hours later as he was finishing up with Hannah and Derex. I don’t think it was them in there the whole time, but possible.

Takeaways were Ky and Hannah had Derex convinced that getting rid of Britini is absolutely crucial for his game. And after, Hannah built on what Ky had started the night before, by nudging Derex closer to bringing X into their alliance. At this point, I started feeling like Clarice listening to the lambs being led to slaughter, so I turned off the TV and went back to sleep.

Poor Derex, doesn’t even know enough to start screaming yet.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

My guess is they don’t want to be caught up in race wars. No matter what they say or what side they come down on, a bunch of people are going to get offended and start yelling at them in ALL CAPS. I can’t blame them for not wanting to deal with that, although it sucks if it means excellent gameplay is being ignored.

But they didn’t seem to have a problem with that when every season devolved into white people aligning and evicting POC.

• Love 9

Thanks for posting the clips. They're wonderful. 

I love watching Ky and Tiffany, but I would never have the energy to deal with them IRL. They're both exhausting in different ways. But overall, this is a bunch that would be really fun to hang out with. 

• Love 3

People are up now. I suppose they need to get.ready for the live show tonight. Derek X is in the shower. Camera 2 shows big view of the bathroom. Tiffany's at the sink. Someone - I think Alyssa  - is snoozing on a chair. Tiffany is actually at the mirror opposite the mirror above the sinks. I can see her back reflected. 

Camera 3 shows us the excitement of the HOH room, as a BB chat person said, "Kyland is  chairman of the bored room." Xavier is in there with Kyland, discussing what to do with Derek X. Camera 4 shows a close-up of Xavier, in a white hoodie and top of head gleaming, and the back of Kyland's head. The view changed to Kyland sitting on his bed.

Claire's the one snoozing in the bathroom, head resting on a yellow pillow. She and Tiffani are talking about their votes tonight. Derek X is in there too. 

33 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Britini drags herself through the bathroom. The others stop whispering. Britini says she feels OK. Tiffani is sleepy.

Riveting! Thank you for your service. I hope you have some Red Bull 😁

• LOL 2

I could care less what Brent has to say. He co hosted his show with Alex Kidwell who sexually harassed numerous females at a fan event.

The one good thing about cookout is that I'll be fine with almost any of them winning except Deref. Usually I hate everyone in the majority alliance. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 10

Claire and Derex were clocking CO again this morning. They went through different possible combos of noms to get out their intended target, X. They don’t realize that X will stay no matter who he is against.

If they show the HOH on tonight’s ep I’m gonna have to fast forward through it. I can’t take the stress lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I love that video of DF and Tiff. Remember when he called her and her town some Weak Ass stuff? I DO. Burn him to mofo ground Tiff. 'Oh Oh Oh now I know. Now I know.' You better. 

OMG Claire/DereX you got put it in fifth gear NOW, gonna need to activate Alyssa/SB. C'MON.

Edited by blixie
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Seriously Claire/DX clock it and one of you get HOH and get rid of Kyland. 

The triple eviction is happening again. After seeing it play out last year I would much rather just have two double evictions since Dani being on the block all week would have been entertaining. Now it's gonna ruin this season too. 

• Love 1

I find myself rooting for the dominant alliance for the first time.....ever.  I think they're likable, and I want to see them succeed.  Yeah, it makes for some boring weeks, but I'm still enjoying the hell out of this season.  And am already VERY anxious about tonight's HOH.  Which is a GREAT feeling, and one I've missed the past few horrible seasons. 

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

The one good thing about cookout is that I'll be fine with almost any of them winning except Deref. Usually I hate everyone in the majority alliance. 

I'm the same except I could tolerate a Deref win. He doesn't deserve it, in the sense he hasn't really fought hard, schemed, or won anything, but I've seen him be generally good-natured and decent to others, and very kind to Britini. So although he'd never be my choice, I could live with a Deref win. 

Other than that, I'd be happy with anyone who wins except maybe Alyssa who I don't enjoy watching for some reason, but even then I don't hate her. In some seasons she would have been my #2 choice. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Melina22 said:

I'm the same except I could tolerate a Deref win. He doesn't deserve it, in the sense he hasn't really fought hard, schemed, or won anything, but I've seen him be generally good-natured and decent to others, and very kind to Britini. So although he'd never be my choice, I could live with a Deref win. 

Other than that, I'd be happy with anyone who wins except maybe Alyssa who I don't enjoy watching for some reason, but even then I don't hate her. In some seasons she would have been my #2 choice. 

It depends who Deref is against in the final 2. If it's SaraBeth I'll be fine with it. If it's against Tiffany or X I'll be pissed. 

Alyssa is just there I don't even dislike her lol. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This season, everyone is playing.

Really? What have Azah and Deref done? They are in the final 6 just for standing there and being pretty. What has X done? Even Brit, what has she done? Crying for being on the block? Alyssa? Who spent her whole game with girly girl?

1 minute ago, himela said:

Really? What have Azah and Deref done? They are in the final 6 just for standing there and being pretty. What has X done? Even Brit, what has she done? Crying for being on the block? Alyssa? Who spent her whole game with girly girl?

If you're asking the bolded then I feel like you're not actually following the feeds? Because Xavier has been gaming his ass off for both his alliance and his personal game for weeks now and it's been talked about on almost every platform. It hasn't always gone his way but he has put in solid work. You can argue Azah and Deref being lower on the gamebot scale, though they both have shown moments of smart gameplay, but Xavier? He's pretty much playing a Derrick Levasseur game. That's the opposite of not playing.

• Love 20

Kyland is packing his stuff and moving out of HOH. It's the messiness it's been since he moved in there. Tiffani is in there, too. He's kissing up to her a little bit now that his reign is ending. Tiffani's asking him why he should expect her to keep him? (Or else she's talking about Derek F.) 

36 minutes ago, himela said:

Azah and Derek F quickly joined a dominant alliance that has been controlling the game throughout the season. How is that NOT playing?

And X? How in the world are you seriously asking what X has done? X? The dude has been working his ass off all season long like few HGs have ever done and you're asking what X has done? Are you following the show at all? 

• Love 11

She was talking about Derek F. It just got too hard listening to Kyland. I wouldn't be surprised if he did get a job in HR.

Xavier, Sarah Beth and Alyssa were chatting in the wave room, but now they've moved to the living room. Derek F is already seated in a nominee chair. I can't tell who's next to him. A young woman with her hair wrapped in a towel. She looks the most like Alyssa, but then that couldn't have been Alyssa in the wave room. Camera moves to the.Cross.bedroom where Derek X, Hannah and someone else are chatting, either Azah or Britini. Now the action switches to the bathroom where Tiffani and Alyssa? are chatting. Now we're in the kitchen, then living room and back to the Cross room. Camera 2 is moving around today! Kyland brought his stuff down to the Cross bedroom where Derek X and Hannah are. Kyland said nobody came up to talk to him. Now Britini and Claire are talking about votes in the storage room. Britini goes into the Joker room and says Hannah is the swing vote. Derek F comes into the room. He rehearses his last chance speech to Britini and Azah. He's worried it's longer than 30 seconds.

Derek says Frenchie should have been Frenchie Vanilla (for the POV jelly.)

1 minute ago, Brian Cronin said:

Triple evictions are the most Grodner thing ever. It's gimmicky, it's hacky, it's unfair, it's like every bad attribute of hers rolled into one.

On the surface, they sound fun and game-changing. But in reality, it was awkward, the twist was ruined because someone put up the graphic too soon, it really wasn't that enjoyable to watch, and it was just as predictable as a double. A triple could be great for an old school season with people brave enough to swerve and take shots but the current game where the boot list is made the first week and they don't really deviate from it? It doesn't really fit. It saves me an extra month of VPN subscription, though, so I'll take it.

• Love 3

Azah and Derek F quickly joined a dominant alliance that has been controlling the game throughout the season. How is that NOT playing?

They also thwarted the only real potential vote flip of the season by refusing to let Tiff have a one on one pow wow with Britni. 

I've never seen a triple eviction but the general consensus from the RHAP recappers/Taran is that they suck and especially suck when they happen just when the dominant alliances have to start turning on one another, like a FF through what should be finally the good part. I think it sounds like two double evictions and single twist is better than 2 dumb twists and a triple eviction. The point was made yet again that the production is geared toward the TV only audience v. the feed audience, which always ticked me off because the feeds people are paying EXTRA, even if their number are smaller. ::shakes fist:: 

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, himela said:

Azah and Deref joined the majority alliance. 

X is playing one of the best game I've seen in awhile and is basically the person holding together the majority alliance.

Alyssa has been re establishing relationships in the house after Christian her showmance left. 

Britt-Has tried to make deals, but is way too emotional of a player. 

1 minute ago, blixie said:

They also thwarted the only real potential vote flip of the season by refusing to let Tiff have a one on one pow wow with Britni. 

I've never seen a triple eviction but the general consensus from the RHAP recappers/Taran is that they suck and especially suck when they happen just when the dominant alliances have to start turning on one another, like a FF through what should be finally the good part. I think it sounds like two double evictions and single twist is better than 2 dumb twists and a triple eviction. The point was made yet again that the production is geared toward the TV only audience v. the feed audience, which always ticked me off because the feeds people are paying EXTRA, even if their number are smaller. ::shakes fist:: 

It does suck. It robbed us of the opportunity to get a week of Dani realizing she was betrayed by her alliance last season. I would have loved a week of Dani tanking Nicole and Cody's game last season.

• Love 7

I've gotten caught up with life stuff, and haven't been following much, but I love this thread. I also realize I have an increasingly short attention span, and this show just demands a lot during the season, and I can only catch bits of feeds late at night.

Yet, I really like the cast, so I wish I could follow more.

But thank you all for the recaps, go Cookout (though I like Derex a lot), I still like Tiffany, X, Claire, and sounds like Brit is going home? Cool. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Feed watchers still get the superior season over the broadcast-only viewers so we still win in the end.

The feeds are the only reason I have ANY interest in this series. Otherwise, it's just another crooked "reality" show. 

• Love 10

Aw, they switched from the bathroom to the living room where Xavier and Britini are playing a word game. Maybe production wants to surprise us with Kyland's new hairdo! Alyssa is there, too, sleeping in a corner of the sofa.

Edited by Lamb18
1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

Maybe production wants to surprise us with Kyland's new hairdo!

Maybe they sent in a team to physically remove the scissors and trimmers from Tiffany's hands. She should be banned from giving house hair cuts. She should have gotten a penalty nom for what she did to Derex's head. Run, Kyland, run!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Back to the bathroom. The haircut is progressing. Tiffani says you can make a little wig for X (out of Kyland's hair). Kyland says he wants to be half as cute as Baby. Derek X says I'm right here. 

• LOL 1

Derek X told how his tooth was chipped by a champagne bottle. Alyssa's was chipped by a beer bottle.

Now they are laughing about Brent in the spinning/tutu POV competition.

Someone yelled out "Justice for Derek's hair!"

• LOL 5
25 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Feed watchers still get the superior season over the broadcast-only viewers so we still win in the end.

Some seasons I don't feel like I'm missing much by not getting the feeds but this season I feel like I'm missing a lot, especially the humour . I've even been watching YouTube clips to fill in the gaps a bit, just because I find this group entertaining. 

I know I wouldn't have the patience for Ky and his one-on-ones though. People who talk endlessly, droning on and on, make me want to scream and stab myself. 

• Love 1

Kyland's hair does have a bit of a point at the back if you see it from the side. Tiffani's two hair victims conversing in the kitchen. I can't figure out what Kyland is talking about.

Tiffani and Claire are watching a spider on a piece of paper on the living room floor. Tiffani says the spider can't understand why it's living in a white world.

• LOL 2