Type keyword(s) to search

What Did We Eat Today?

• Start Topic

I got 30 pounds of flour delivered today from Walmart. I was down to zero on biscuit flour.

It's going to be fried chicken,  baby peas, rice and gravy, wilted lettuce, and biscuits.

• Love 3

It's crab cake Friday. We're having a cool drizzly day, so this is perfect. Served with steak fries and cucumber salad.

Yesterday I cooked for the first time in awhile - a Weight Watchers chicken stir fry with Asian flavors and asparagus and scallions.

I've been busy with a volunteer position I have with my social club, and decided this week why am I making frozen meals or take out, so Tuesday and Wednesday we went out to eat. Why didn't I think of this sooner?

Tonight will be cream of asparagus soup. I have been saving the stalk bottoms. I will make a stock with them (and onions, celery etc) to use in my recipe. There’s also leftover spaghetti (made from fresh tomatoes), but not enough to serve more than one person. I’ll make a spaghetti frittata to go along with the soup. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I was watching 30 Minute Meals and Rachel Ray made Korean Fried Chicken I had all the ingredients but decided to do a 10 minute meal and get takeout from the Korean restaurant a half block from my house so KFC with chili garlic sauce, kimchi, bimimbap, and tteokbokki.

What did you guys eat today?

Breakfast: didn't have

Lunch: Chili's chicken tacos ("Three tacos in flour tortillas with pico, avocado, mixed cheese, jalapeño aioli, cilantro, queso fresco. Served with Mexican rice & black beans."). Also two unsweetened iced teas with lemon, but I took most of the second one into my Hydro Flask to go and drank it throughout the afternoon.

Snack: Two Justin's dark chocolate peanut butter cups

Dinner: A sandwich with Arnold Health Nut bread, Tofurky slices, everything hummus, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, and nutritional yeast; some boiled green and yellow zucchini on the side; and a salad of red cabbage, tomato, carrot, more everything hummus, hot sauce, nutritional yeast, black pepper, dill, thyme, and red pepper flakes.

• Love 1

For lunch I'm having leftover Cincinnati Chili that I made last night.   Tonight it's going to be Marcella Hazan's Roast Chicken with Lemons, plus roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli.

• Love 5

Starting in the middle of the day I decided to do a month of clean(er) eating and not eating out unless it's for a social event. I've been having breakouts for the last few weeks and I want to see if eating clean will help with it.

Breakfast: Garden of Life vegan peanut butter chocolate protein bar

Lunch: (at a local restaurant): huevos rancheros -- two fried eggs, black beans topped with a bit of cheddar cheese, vegan chorizo, corn tortillas, home fries, and pico de gallo; also two unsweetened iced teas with lemon

Dinner: a mix of whole wheat and red lentil rotini with olive oil, boiled green and yellow zucchini, tomato, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and red pepper flakes

Breakfast: didn't have

Lunch (was out and this was the healthiest option): The Good Bean hummus flavored roasted chickpeas, 7-Eleven brand trail mix (plain and chocolate covered edamame, almonds, pumpkin seeds, raisins), Garden of Life vegan peanut butter chocolate protein bar, Dunkin Donuts unsweetened iced tea

Dinner: sandwich (Tofurky slices, everything hummus, Dijon mustard, on Arnold Health Nut bread), red cabbage with hot sauce and nutritional yeast (I wish I could have had an entire salad but it's time to go grocery shopping again)

Dinner 2: more Arnold Health Nut bread with coconut butter

Yesterday Watermark Tours of Annapolis had an appreciation day for the volunteers at the Visitor Center. They treated us to lunch on the Catherine Marie, a large party yacht, while we cruised up and down the Severn River. It was a gorgeous sunny day with temps around 70. Open bar with beer and wine. Lunch was catered by a local bbq chain, Mission BBQ. I'd heard it was good, but never tried it. We had cole slaw, baked beans with brisket, mac' and cheese, pulled chicken, pulled pork, and brisket, all served with sauces on the side. I don't care for brisket, but my husband said it was the best he'd ever had. Kicking myself I didn't try it, but the chicken and pork were delicious. The mac' and cheese was particularly good. I'll definitely be stopping there to eat or get takeout in the near future.

We stopped at Panera Bread on the way home and picked up strawberry poppy seed salads with chicken for dinner.

Double Tree cookies served for dessert at lunch are waiting to be eaten.

• Love 2

BLATs for dinner - bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato sandwiches on whole wheat toast. Our local farm stand opened last week. They grow hot house tomatoes that are huge and perfectly ripe. We had a slice on our hamburgers last night.

A friend gave us some awesome manchegho and jambon iberico added some quince paste, almonds and bread to round out a platter and a few tapas of tortilla Espanola with leftover romesco sauce, garlic mushrooms, and a salad of shaved vegetables and some sangaria because we have a ton of citrus.

• Love 1

I cobbled together some form of meatloaf from the ground beef I had leftover from hamburgers the other night. It's cooking along with a prepared scalloped potato casserole. I'll probably nuke some frozen veggies to go with. Comfort food.

Back on the healthy wagon after restocking the fridge this weekend.

Meal 1: two scrambled eggs with black pepper and paprika; steamed spinach and a tomato with black pepper, paprika and nutritional yeast; two slices of whole-grain bread each with 1/4 of an avocado spread onto them; Ezekiel 4:9 original and almond cereal with unsweetened soymilk and a few raisins; fish oil and vitamin D3 supplements

Meal 2: two slices of sprouted whole-grain bread with coconut butter; unsweetened chocolate chips with dates (one of my favorite healthy snacks); a mug of decaf English breakfast tea and a mug of ginger peach herbal tea, each with unsweetened soymilk

Meal 3: salad of spinach, red cabbage, tomato, carrot, spinach and artichoke hummus, mesquite BBQ dry roasted fava beans, and hot sauce, with low-sodium Triscuits on the side (the regular ones just taste like eating pure salt to me)

Also did some meal prep today for the next couple of days -- steamed acorn squash, plus extra firm tofu sauteed in olive oil with carrot greens, spinach, red cabbage, turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, paprika, black pepper, dill, thyme, and nutritional yeast. I will probably make brown rice farina to go with this tomorrow.

Edited by BuyMoreAndSave
  • Love 1

Pimento cheese sandwich for lunch with a red cabbage slaw.

Supper is swordfish Veracruz with red rice, ranch beans (beans are simmering now), grilled zucchini. My version of escamocha for dessert...no yucky papaya. 

First meal of the day was an impromptu 1 am snack of leftover pie dough slathered with a combination and cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, finely chopped ham, and sirachi rolled into a log cut into coins and baked!

Dinner is Milk Street’s white pizza of fontina cream and portobello mushrooms and a salad with a creamy dill dressing.

• Love 2

Having people over for pimento cheese deviled eggs,  lamb done in the sous vide with Chimichurri, potato gratin, roasted asparagus, garlic butter dinner rolls and a lemon cake for dessert.

Yesterday was our 23rd wedding anniversary. We ate here: Carrols Creek Café. We've eaten there many times and it never disappoints. They started a frequent diner program which we joined. They comped us a bottle of champagne for our anniversary. I had crab cakes which came with garlic mashed potatoes and veggies. My husband had seared scallops with roasted asparagus and risotto. Despite sharing, I came home with a crab cake. I'm still thinking about how good it was..

• Love 4

I planned to cook Easter dinner but my husband wanted to go to the shore today, so we went out for Thai food instead after we got back. I had crispy tofu with steamed vegetables and garlic and scallion soy sauce, brown rice on the side, and a pot of oolong tea. I liked it but the sauce was too salty so I scraped a lot of the sauce off...I think most restaurant and processed food is way too salty. Now having a midnight snack of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, ricotta cheese, and unsweetened cashew milk. I love berries so much.

Edited by BuyMoreAndSave

Yesterday I had a nice big 8 pound spiral cut ham for Easter, along with potatoes gratin and  broccoli.   Today,  I  divided the ham into multiple packages for the freezer, some with large  slices for sandwiches, some with chunks for casseroles, and one ham bone for soup.   I love getting ham on sale and being able to save the leftovers for future meals.   

• Love 4

Meal 1: two slices of sprouted whole grain bread with ricotta cheese and raw honey; roasted chestnuts; a tomato, steamed spinach, and steamed baby bella mushrooms, with hot sauce and nutritional yeast; a bowl of strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries; a mug of unsweetened cashew milk

then had some Dunkin Donuts unsweetened iced tea

Meal 2: lentils and carrots topped with seasoned oven roasted zucchini (turmeric, paprika, black pepper, onion and garlic powder, olive oil); vegan mashed russet potatoes with the skin on (made as an experiment using cashew milk and coconut butter, plus salt and pepper...turned out pretty well but not as good as using Earth Balance and soymilk); two more slices of sprouted whole grain bread with Kerrygold butter

now having some spearmint and chamomile tea plus two squares of Endangered Species milk chocolate

I've really been craving dairy a lot lately for some reason, just going with it for now in case there's some nutritional reason for it.

Edited by BuyMoreAndSave
  • Love 1

Breakfast 🍳 was scrambled eggs with onions and peppers made in a microwave egg cooker. 

Lunch was a big salad 🥗 

dinner was a sweet potato, frozen chicken Kiev and sweet corn.  There was way to much butter in this dinner but it was delicious 😋 

Due to a miscommunication we ended up with two dozen more eggs than were needed for Easter dinner so tonight will be a broccoli frittata, challah and an arugula salad with lemon and olive oil. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

Today was my monthly Fun Lunch potluck with a May Day/Garden Party theme. Lots of fresh foods. I brought deviled eggs - so many finger sandwiches, fruit salad, tuna salad stuffed shells, and more desserts (including someone who made meringues with strawberries and blueberries) and wines. It was indeed a Fun Lunch. Dinner needed to be simple - we settled on bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado on wheat toast. Followed by dessert brought from my luncheon - mini cupcakes and chocolates. It was a good day.

Edited by chessiegal
  • Love 3

BBQ pulled chicken from the freezer on toasted challah with coleslaw and I took the leftover mashed potatoes added bacon, cheddar, scallions and siracha than breaded it panko and pan fried the cakes for a side. Carbtastic but delicious.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

Nothing complicated today.

Meal 1 (local Greek restaurant) -- falafel platter -- falafel balls, rice, pita, yogurt sauce (this place has the best homemade yogurt sauce), and a Greek salad with feta. This place gives a ton of food so I took about a third of it home and I even brought my own reusable container for the leftovers to be zero waste which I was happy about.

Meal 2 -- The Greek restaurant leftovers, about half a pound of strawberries, a few squares of Endangered Species dark chocolate, and two cups of loose-leaf decaf green tea.

Meal 3 -- Two slices of sprouted whole grain bread, and a salad with spinach, radish greens, radishes, tomato, red bell pepper, four Gardein vegan "chicken" fingers, and Dijon mustard.