Type keyword(s) to search

All Rise - General Discussion

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Also, why would this guy's followers risk storming the court house for him?

A bunch of people stole at his command.  I didn't see his charisma but there are weird cults out there ready to be awful for no reason but especially at someone encouraging them to be awful.

• Like 1

I’m so sick of Amy. Marry Mark or not but quit hemming and hawing, as my grandmother used to say. 

That sex scene was racy! The new Robin still has no charisma. Speaking of racy, Emily’s camisole and thigh-high slit seemed a bit too revealing for court.

7 hours ago, buckboard said:

Couldn't read what Ness's phone said about why she passed the bar?  What happened?

She just passed it. I assume she re-took it and passed the second time (which would mean months have gone by because the CA bar is offered twice a year).

7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

A bunch of people stole at his command.  I didn't see his charisma but there are weird cults out there ready to be awful for no reason but especially at someone encouraging them to be awful.

See: Alex Jones.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

The chick who plays Sarah is the weakest actress on the show. She rolls her eyes all the time as an acting choice. She’s horrendous. That being said, it was ridiculous that they didn’t have her scream louder or call 911 instead of just cradling that guy (I forget his name).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Stressful episode and Ness and Teddy better make it (Luke, too, but he seems like he will). Not quite ripped from the headlines, but put me in mind of events still in the news. 

Ness was no danger to the scumbucket who stabbed her, so I can only guess his motivation, but I'm sticking with my idea.  I quite enjoyed seeing the ringleaders face consequences. The actor who played Brandon Page nailed the smug arrogance of someone who thought he was untouchable. I was unclear on if Mark had a choice in letting the FBI have the case or not, but it was the right move, however it happened. 

• Love 3

Couldn't read what Ness's phone said about why she passed the bar.

Empress1 replied: She just passed it. I assume she re-took it and passed the second time (which would mean months have gone by because the CA bar is offered twice a year).

I suppose it's possible if we assume many months have gone by until we get to the trial.  If Ness took the exam in February, the results weren't out until May.  She could then have taken the July bar exam, with the results coming out in November.  And, of course, we need to keep in mind that this show is now more concerned with who's sleeping with whom than with the practice of law.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
19 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I can see people stealing based on some idiot on social media, because it is easier to think you can get away with that. Storming a building filled with armed guards seems much riskier, like it would take more convincing. But what do I know, look at the real world......

8 hours ago, snarkysnarkerson said:

The chick who plays Sarah is the weakest actress on the show. She rolls her eyes all the time as an acting choice. She’s horrendous. That being said, it was ridiculous that they didn’t have her scream louder or call 911 instead of just cradling that guy (I forget his name).

It was also a bit ridiculous they were running through the court house. They were acting like they had to get the evidence to the court room right away, but they could see there was a riot. Obviously the case was going to get put on hold.

• Applause 2
4 hours ago, Darian said:

Ness was no danger to the scumbucket who stabbed her, so I can only guess his motivation, but I'm sticking with my idea. 

Especially since she works for the firm that was representing his Dear Leader (although he probably had no way of knowing that!) Did she do something to mess with the elevator, make it stop on every floor? I know you can do that with buttons inside the elevator but I don't think I've ever seen anything like that on the outside, in the hallway.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, The Wild Sow said:
4 hours ago, Darian said:

Ness was no danger to the scumbucket who stabbed her, so I can only guess his motivation, but I'm sticking with my idea. 

Especially since she works for the firm that was representing his Dear Leader (although he probably had no way of knowing that!) Did she do something to mess with the elevator, make it stop on every floor? I know you can do that with buttons inside the elevator but I don't think I've ever seen anything like that on the outside, in the hallway.

I mean, he attacked Ness, Luke, and Teddy when he didn't need to and ignored Amy.  Everyone he attacked (including the witness, who was presumably the target, and Emily who was protecting her) was a person of color.  I think we can assume that he attacked Ness just because she was a Black woman and there was no one else in the stairway to stop him.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I thought for sure that Robin was a goner when they opened the episode with that very explicit love scene.  I think that would have been better than what they chose to do.

They have two characters I don't want to see dead in danger. Robin is a horrific actor but that doesn't mean I want her to go to her ex.  Or have an affair with him.  I find it ridiculous that they were having a discussion about their past love life while the building was being taken over.  The only excuse they can have for Lola almost fainting twice is if she's pregnant or has a deadly disease.

And we still don't know what is holding Amy up from divorcing her husband?  I don't care and hope it prevents her from ever getting a divorce.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
On 8/9/2022 at 11:38 PM, KaveDweller said:

Although I don't get the point of having Ness fail the bar just to have her keep her job and pass it a few episodes later?

This season has rarely had a point period. 

I think they should call it All R!se, as a sort of off brand knockoff of the real All Rise from Seasons 1-2. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Jessi85 said:

I mean, he attacked Ness, Luke, and Teddy when he didn't need to and ignored Amy.  Everyone he attacked (including the witness, who was presumably the target, and Emily who was protecting her) was a person of color.  I think we can assume that he attacked Ness just because she was a Black woman and there was no one else in the stairway to stop him.

I can't believe I missed that! You're right-he actually wished Amy a "nice day"! He wasn't just Evil Bastard; he was Racist Evil Bastard!

Edited by TVForever
  • Love 1
On 8/9/2022 at 11:38 PM, KaveDweller said:

How stupid is Emily? The guard tells her don't open the door for anyone and the first time someone knocks she opens the door?

Oh, Emily, I tried to warn you, but people don't always hear me through the TV.

I tried to stop Lola and whatever his name is from kissing, but that didn't work either.

I wouldn't mind Amy fading out of the picture.

Does anyone know when the second half of the season starts?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 8/10/2022 at 10:15 PM, Irlandesa said:

I thought for sure that Robin was a goner when they opened the episode with that very explicit love scene.  I think that would have been better than what they chose to do.

They have two characters I don't want to see dead in danger. Robin is a horrific actor but that doesn't mean I want her to go to her ex.  Or have an affair with him.  I find it ridiculous that they were having a discussion about their past love life while the building was being taken over.  The only excuse they can have for Lola almost fainting twice is if she's pregnant or has a deadly disease.

And we still don't know what is holding Amy up from divorcing her husband?  I don't care and hope it prevents her from ever getting a divorce.

That love scene was indeed hot. My favorite part of the episode. And while I don’t like the new Robin, I don’t want to see a previously happy black couple break up for the sake of drama. 

I thought Mark learned that Amy was divorced but hadn’t told Mark yet. I don’t really care, quite honestly. 

And when did Luke turn into an a**hole?

The only characters I like on this show are Lola and Mark. I shipped them the first season, but then I accepted them as platonic besties. But now that I hate all of the other characters, and Lola/Mark are the only characters with any chemistry, bring on the smashing. I’m team Lark. Team Mola? I know it won’t happen, but that’s the only potential pairing I enjoy fantasizing about. 

I've just finished catching up on this show. This season is very different to the previous two; I definitely preferred the earlier seasons.

I can't say I care about the fates of Ness or Teddy, I find them both irritating, especially Ness.

I liked Amy, but am baffled by this marriage drama.

Lola and her ex is also pretty strange. Lola is a powerful woman and Andre comes across as someone that is likely to stifle her.

Mark is probably my favourite character.

• Love 3
On 10/6/2022 at 9:46 AM, Quark said:

I've just finished catching up on this show. This season is very different to the previous two; I definitely preferred the earlier seasons.

I can't say I care about the fates of Ness or Teddy, I find them both irritating, especially Ness.

I liked Amy, but am baffled by this marriage drama.

Lola and her ex is also pretty strange. Lola is a powerful woman and Andre comes across as someone that is likely to stifle her.

Mark is probably my favourite character.

Lola and Mark's friendship is the best thing about the show, IMO. They're almost like siblings.

• Love 1

Found S3 first 10 eps on Hulu finally.

Really irritated by the relationship drama. Amy has no excuse for not explaining to Mark what her reasons are for delaying the divorce, keeping him from meeting her ex (who seems like a decent person), and putting off marrying Mark. Why does TV think lying and secrets are enjoyable to watch? I truly do not get it. If she has a real reason, tell him what it is. Otherwise, she just comes off as a completely shitty person.

Likewise, Lola's husband/ex drama is irritating and makes her look stupid. I think Dre seems slimy and the new Robin is also obnoxious. He's a terrible actor, but also his acting out instead of problem-solving about childcare makes him unworthy of her. Be an adult.

Emily opening that door was pure idiocy.

I do like a lot of the legal cases. Why can't they stick with that stuff, which is interesting and somewhat nuanced. They are showing the flaws in the legal system, the complexity of balancing victim and defendant rights, the ways it takes a toll not only on them but also on the attorneys... that's really worth watching and makes a person think. It has high stakes, it's emotional, why do they think they need to drum up romantic dramas that make every single one of these people look stupid and unlikable in their private lives, when they are so likable at work?

I don't have a clue why Sherri is not allowed to see her parents. What is that about? It seems super-likely to be super-illegal, so why isn't she confiding in Lola about what the situation is, and seeking help?

Wow at the ending to the latest episode. Poor Lola was getting creeped on with postcards by the serial killer in her latest trial. At least he’s going to jail for a very long time

• Love 2

Wait, so Lola does love the other guy who came back into her life? That complicates things with Robin. I wonder if she really wants to be with Robin. Is this a case of preferring to be with the old boyfriend or she wants both men?

Is anyone else still watching?

I don't know why the show thinks the drama with Andre is interesting. It makes Lola less likeable. Why can't they just have her be a happily married, smart, successful judge?

Mark's father really sucks. Why would he tell Mark the mafia people want him to throw a case, just to then tell him not to do it? Also, Mark is screwed now, because if he doesn't throw the case, but does lose, they will think he did throw it. Not sure how they will wrap that up, there can't be too many episodes left.

What was with Emily and Sarah acting surprised not having kids may be a deal breaker for Luke. Disagreements about kids is a pretty common deal breaker in relationships. But I guess it worked out in this case.

• Like 5
On 10/25/2023 at 7:53 PM, KaveDweller said:

Is anyone else still watching?

I don't know why the show thinks the drama with Andre is interesting. It makes Lola less likeable. Why can't they just have her be a happily married, smart, successful judge?

Mark's father really sucks. Why would he tell Mark the mafia people want him to throw a case, just to then tell him not to do it? Also, Mark is screwed now, because if he doesn't throw the case, but does lose, they will think he did throw it. Not sure how they will wrap that up, there can't be too many episodes left.

What was with Emily and Sarah acting surprised not having kids may be a deal breaker for Luke. Disagreements about kids is a pretty common deal breaker in relationships. But I guess it worked out in this case.

Mark really stepped in it and I don’t know how they are going to resolve things with so few episodes left. The series finale is Nov 18

• Like 3
1 minute ago, DanaK said:

Mark really stepped in it and I don’t know how they are going to resolve things with so few episodes left. The series finale is Nov 18

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps Mark reached out to Robin to set up a sting scenario to get the mob boss.

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps Mark reached out to Robin to set up a sting scenario to get the mob boss.

That occurred to me after this latest episode. I couldn't believe Mark would actually throw a trial. So they better be going with the sting route.

• Useful 1

That was the series finale, right?

I guess it ended on a good note for everyone.  It wasn't a great show, but it was enjoyable to watch. One of the most innovative episodes was the one after the pandemic hit.  While other shows just stopped production and shut down, that episode of All Rise actually addressed the issue to show people remotely connecting and dealing with the new situation the world was in. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1