Type keyword(s) to search

Cast and Crew: OK, Seriously, No Kim Cattrall?

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm definitely sad about no Kim Cattrall.  I wonder if SJP put aside her ego and reached out to Kim gracefully, would Kim be willing to listen?  Who knows...... Sad.  At least Chris Noth is returning, I'm happy about that.  I like Smith and Harry but I couldn't care less about Steve or Aidan.  Although, that's not fair, I guess it would be interesting to see Aidan but I wonder how they will incorporate him.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm definitely sad about no Kim Cattrall.  I wonder if SJP put aside her ego and reached out to Kim gracefully, would Kim be willing to listen?  Who knows...... Sad.  At least Chris Noth is returning, I'm happy about that.  I like Smith and Harry but I couldn't care less about Steve or Aidan.  Although, that's not fair, I guess it would be interesting to see Aidan but I wonder how they will incorporate him.

My fear is they will try to bring back former cast members just for the sake of bringing back former cast members. That it won't be organic to the stories.  Like Aidan being in Dubai the same time as Carrie in the second movie.  

I would love to see Robert again. We can probably rule out seeing any of Samantha's exes.  Sanford and Anthony will probably make an appearance.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think outside of the issues with SJP, Kim is just done with the role. Not that I blame her. I didn't know Chris Noth was coming back! Good good- I think we can get some good story lines between Big and Carrie, and their adjustments to marriage in middle age. Big was a bit older then Carrie, so he should be around 60 now? Maybe thinking about retirement?

• Love 2
On 6/4/2021 at 10:40 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I think outside of the issues with SJP, Kim is just done with the role. 

Agreed. She knows it's played out. She has been quoted as saying she played the part well past the finish line. I love KC and Samantha but it makes perfect sense that she doesn't want to reprise the role yet again. Samantha would be 63 (and fabulous) now but no doubt they would have given her some embarrassing material to work with.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Jillybean said:

Agreed. She knows it's played out. She has been quoted as saying she played the part well past the finish line. I love KC and Samantha but it makes perfect sense that she doesn't want to reprise the role yet again. Samantha would be 63 (and fabulous) now but no doubt they would have given her some embarrassing material to work with.

Yes I agree. The plot they gave Samantha in the second movie was awful. And Kim may not want to diet, exercise etc that would be required for the nude scenes etc. She is allowed to not want to play the same character for over 20yrs. Some people do (like soap actors) and that is great, but so many others dont. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't begrudge Kim her choices at all and she's my favourite actor and character of the whole cast.  But, I'm still sad about it.  It's a shame.

Kim is STILL acting and trying to start new shows all of the time so when she says that diplomatic response of "I'm done with the character" I think that that's code for "I am done with SJP and producer shenanigans".  There's too much bad blood.

I'd be willing to bet money that if the producers had always treated Kim (and Samantha) with the respect that she wants and deserves then she would be in the reboot.  I saw "Filthy Rich".  It's not like it was some bastion of artistic glory. Maybe she was just treated well.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7

I agree with you Ms. Blue Jay and I also think it has something to do with the direction of her character. Samantha had some personal growth by the end of the series that was essentially undone in the first, and especially the second, movie. Wasn't it reported that Samantha's plot for the planned 3rd movie involved hitting on Brady or one of his friends? Maybe KC doesn't want to play Samantha anymore because of the way she's being written. Maybe she has a little dignity.

• Love 10
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Jillybean said:

I agree with you Ms. Blue Jay and I also think it has something to do with the direction of her character. Samantha had some personal growth by the end of the series that was essentially undone in the first, and especially the second, movie. Wasn't it reported that Samantha's plot for the planned 3rd movie involved hitting on Brady or one of his friends? Maybe KC doesn't want to play Samantha anymore because of the way she's being written. Maybe she has a little dignity.

LOL yeah, that's terrible.  The conspiracy minded would really think that the powers that be want Samantha to be the joke of the franchise.  After 23 years Kim Cattrall has more than earned the right to have some say in the direction of her character.  She helped make Samantha, and therefore SATC, what it is.  How sadly ironic that Samantha is a public relations person/publicist yet nobody on the set seemed to be advocating for Kim.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
(edited)

Oh god, Kristin's face.  😪   I saw this movie of hers "Deadly Illusions" (It's so bad.  Don't watch it.) and her Botox and work was really distracting.  It's always these incredibly beautiful people that try to change their looks.  Everyone else looks amazing.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 6.35.55 PM.png

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Oh god, Kristin's face.  😪   I saw this movie of hers "Deadly Illusions" (It's so bad.  Don't watch it.) and her Botox and work was really distracting.  It's always these incredibly beautiful people that try to change their looks.  Everyone else looks amazing.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 6.35.55 PM.png

You know- I just saw this same photo (posted it in the anticipation thread) and I didn’t notice her cheeks. At first I thought “what did you mean about her face?” and then I saw the frozen cheeks. 

Im crossing my appendages she is just smiling funny, because other wise she looks great. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Did Cynthia Nixon go blonde for this spin-off, or has she been blonde for a while and I missed it? Either way, egads, go back to the red! (Or maybe it's silver - but I can see dark roots?)

Cynthia is a blonde.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Did Cynthia Nixon go blonde for this spin-off, or has she been blonde for a while and I missed it? Either way, egads, go back to the red! (Or maybe it's silver - but I can see dark roots?)

I think Cynthia is a natural blonde (or blondish) but this tone is TOO CLOSE to her skin color and doesn’t photograph well. She needs to go a blue tone silver (if she’s going for Grey) or something deeper- of course it’s head and she can do whatever she wants, I’m just saying from my aesthetic view point I would do that in her shoes.  

• Love 3

Yeah, Cynthia Nixon is a blonde. Here is a picture from all the way back in 1990 in the Law & Order episode, "Subterranean Homeboy Blues", from S1:

l&O+blues+7.JPG

And from the Law & Order: Criminal Intent episode, "Icarus", from S10, in 2011:

MV5BMzIzNDcyNTg0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDQ4

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Did Cynthia Nixon go blonde for this spin-off, or has she been blonde for a while and I missed it?

My guess is when they are actually close to filming, she'll go back to the red. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/9/2021 at 7:27 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 10.26.24 PM.png

Well, I was thinking they might kill off at least one of these guys to make someone a widow. I'm glad they didn't have the heart to do that.

But will they really all still be married in this? None of them divorced, really? I would think a revival series would have to have at least one or two of the ladies single, considering the premise of the original series.

I'm thinking the writers/producers are like the fans, they just don't have the will to dispose of any of the major male characters. I would have been upset if they got rid of Steve or Harry, but I could have handled Big not coming back (easily, actually).

And to be honest, much as I like Harry, I think my issue with him and Charlotte has always been that I never liked Charlotte that much. Frankly I always thought Harry could do better.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 1

For the original show being called Sex and The City, let's face it. It wasn't that risque and there always seemed to be an element of idealism to it. So I'm not at all shocked the ladies remained married (as far as we know here).

Maybe that is one of the reasons the continuation is adding three new regulars to the mix. They get the "single" stories or whatever.

While it may be more realistic that one or more of them would be divorced, we already saw their trials of dating. While exploring dating in middle age would be interesting, maybe the thought was it would still be too close to "been there, done that!". Just a theory. And maybe one of them will split/divorce. I guess it is too early to tell.

And @ruby24, it's nice to see someone that likes Steve! It feels a little lonely sometimes. LOL But viva la difference and all that...

• Love 2

There really hasn't been any confirmation of how much the guys will appear, which would give us some indication of which marriages are extant. The only thing I've seen along those lines is John Corbett saying he expects to be in a lot of episodes, which isn't exactly a good sign for Carrie/Big.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think the producers had to try and get as many from the original cast as possible in order to drum up interest with Kim not returning, so many rumours of cast turmoil.  And now, Kristin's face.  I'm sorry to say it but I watched "Deadly Illusions" and her acting and face really did not bode well for this.  

Anyway, it's typical for Carrie to go back to an ex if her current significant other isn't paying attention to her 😄.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

I think they could have Miranda be divorced but still have Steve appear, they do have a child together, likely his mother is deceased by now (her Alzheimer’s was early onset but still) but I could see them having some fun scenes as friends with a college age child. 

• Love 1
On 6/12/2021 at 10:23 PM, ruby24 said:

And to be honest, much as I like Harry, I think my issue with him and Charlotte has always been that I never liked Charlotte that much. Frankly I always thought Harry could do better.

7a10d0aaa7e13570ec617a19540d7117.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 6/8/2021 at 6:14 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't begrudge Kim her choices at all and she's my favourite actor and character of the whole cast.  But, I'm still sad about it.  It's a shame.

Kim is STILL acting and trying to start new shows all of the time so when she says that diplomatic response of "I'm done with the character" I think that that's code for "I am done with SJP and producer shenanigans".  There's too much bad blood.

I'd be willing to bet money that if the producers had always treated Kim (and Samantha) with the respect that she wants and deserves then she would be in the reboot.  I saw "Filthy Rich".  It's not like it was some bastion of artistic glory. Maybe she was just treated well.

I tried to watch Filthy Rich last weekend and got through the 1st 3 episodes and I just couldn't watch any more. Kim Catrell was my favorite too, though I  do also like SJP (minus the screaming) .

I'd like to see KC appear in something decent. I imagine an actor has to sign up or not and then just act the script / material  they're given with little to no input, so I could really see Kim Catrell not wanting to take the risk with her career and reputation after those spectacularly bad  SATC movies, especially the second one.. Feud or no feud, I wouldn't have confidence in the writers  and producers after that.

+

• Love 2
On 6/12/2021 at 11:23 PM, ruby24 said:

Well, I was thinking they might kill off at least one of these guys to make someone a widow. I'm glad they didn't have the heart to do that.

But will they really all still be married in this? None of them divorced, really? I would think a revival series would have to have at least one or two of the ladies single, considering the premise of the original series.

I'm thinking the writers/producers are like the fans, they just don't have the will to dispose of any of the major male characters. I would have been upset if they got rid of Steve or Harry, but I could have handled Big not coming back (easily, actually).

The way married Carrie acted... he  has to have divorced her!

• Love 2
(edited)

Kristin Davis was always a beautiful woman, but since she's had so much work done, her smile now resembles the joker.  Why, oh why, do people (mostly women) have to destroy themselves for "beauty".

I've got mixed feelings about this shows return.  Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Kristin Davis was always a beautiful woman, but since she's had so much work done, her smile now resembles the joker.  Why, oh why, do people (mostly women) have to destroy themselves for "beauty".

I've got mixed feelings about this shows return.  Guess I'll have to wait and see.

If you're going to do something I would leave the eyes and the mouth alone.  She looks sooooooo weird now in the mouth, I don't even know what she did.  It's not even what people commonly do.  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, LegalParrot81 said:

There's crazy pressure to look good in an era where everyday women feel they have to compete with instagram models. Kristin being an actress known to play the pretty girl type probably feels the pressure to hold onto her looks tenfold. 

15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

If you're going to do something I would leave the eyes and the mouth alone.  She looks sooooooo weird now in the mouth, I don't even know what she did.  It's not even what people commonly do.  

Eyes are the first place that shows aging. I am much younger than the SATC cast, so I still have zero wrinkles. However, I do have some volume loss underneath my eyes. I am leaving myself alone for now as far as anything surgical or injectable, but I am a fan of lasers. 

I forgot about this thread until just now, but Dedee Pfeiffer kinda resembles Kim, at least more than any actress I can think of. If they were to bring Samantha back, she might be an option. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Oh I’ve loved Nicole Ari Parker since her Soul Food days! (The tv show not the movie), and then she married FINE ASS Boris Kodjoe and I said I was her in my head. Okay, maybe her plump cousin- but still!!!!

Mmm Boris 🤤

How about we get him on the show? lol

• LOL 2
(edited)
On 7/13/2021 at 10:25 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Remember what Meg Ryan did to her face? She had the same look as KD does now. I get it, it is your choice to do what you want to do and the pressure in Hollywood is intense, but rarely does this turn out good. She should have gone to Jane Fonda's plastic surgeon! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 5
On 7/14/2021 at 9:17 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Oh I’ve loved Nicole Ari Parker since her Soul Food days! (The tv show not the movie), and then she married FINE ASS Boris Kodjoe and I said I was her in my head. Okay, maybe her plump cousin- but still!!!!

She's so damn beautiful and I've also been a fan of Sarita Choudhury since "A Perfect Murder" the movie from 1998.  Only a small part but I've always noticed her when she pops up.  

• Love 3
(edited)

So I'm pretty damn sure - 99% sure -??  SJP posted an Instagram post about Kim Cattrall.  It said something like, "She was the best Samantha our show had."  Or something like that.

Now it seems to be deleted.

Does anyone check IG as often as I do?  Did anyone else see this post?

A lot of people were commenting "The ONLY Samantha you mean".  Which is true!  Unless they replace her somehow in this reboot?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

So I'm pretty damn sure - 99% sure -??  SJP posted an Instagram post about Kim Cattrall.  It said something like, "She was the best Samantha our show had."  Or something like that.

Now it seems to be deleted.

Does anyone check IG as often as I do?  Did anyone else see this post?

A lot of people were commenting "The ONLY Samantha you mean".  Which is true!  Unless they replace her somehow in this reboot?

Why would SJP even mention Kim Cattrall or Samantha?  It just draws attention to the fact she isn't part of the new show.

But then I read this. It's the Daily Mail so take it with a grain of salt.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9831531/HBO-Max-preparing-announce-season-two-Just-Like-door-open-Kim-Cattrall.html

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

She's so damn beautiful and I've also been a fan of Sarita Choudhury since "A Perfect Murder" the movie from 1998.  Only a small part but I've always noticed her when she pops up.  

Yes she is good. So beautiful as well. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Why would SJP even mention Kim Cattrall or Samantha?  It just draws attention to the fact she isn't part of the new show.

But then I read this. It's the Daily Mail so take it with a grain of salt.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9831531/HBO-Max-preparing-announce-season-two-Just-Like-door-open-Kim-Cattrall.html

Season 2? That's mighty ambitious of them. As it is, it seems that fan response to the revival is mixed. 

However, should this be true, at least the article confirms for me that Samantha isn't dead. lol

• Love 3