Type keyword(s) to search

Cast and Crew: OK, Seriously, No Kim Cattrall?

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

She's so damn beautiful and I've also been a fan of Sarita Choudhury since "A Perfect Murder" the movie from 1998.  Only a small part but I've always noticed her when she pops up.  

Loved that movie and Sarita (Raquel). I also loved drooling over the fashion in that movie.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Season 2? That's mighty ambitious of them. As it is, it seems that fan response to the revival is mixed. 

However, should this be true, at least the article confirms for me that Samantha isn't dead. lol

Even though no one will ever replace Kim even if we get another actress to play Samantha, I would rather they replace her than kill her off. I love SATC for the feel-good vibes. I'd hate our beloved Samantha to die young. I want her happy, living her life, being her fabulous self. 

• Love 3
On 7/27/2021 at 11:44 PM, RealHousewife said:

Even though no one will ever replace Kim even if we get another actress to play Samantha, I would rather they replace her than kill her off. I love SATC for the feel-good vibes. I'd hate our beloved Samantha to die young. I want her happy, living her life, being her fabulous self. 

I understand how you feel, but Samantha being dead would be realistic. She did have breast cancer and was the oldest of the friends. If Carrie is now 55, Samantha would be around 62/63. In a friend group someone dying before the age of 70 would not be unrealistic especially if they had a serious illness.

I just don’t know how they would explain Samantha not being around if she were alive and healthy. These ladies were her chosen family. 

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Two more actors join And Just Like That, one of them Brenda Vaccaro, who I will forever associate as Joey Tribbiani's mom on Friends!

Here are my questions....aren't they limited to 10 episodes?  How long is each episode going to be?  It seems like they've brought in a pretty large group of actors for such a limited run and I know they won't be using them all in every episode, it just seems like a lot. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I understand how you feel, but Samantha being dead would be realistic. She did have breast cancer and was the oldest of the friends. If Carrie is now 55, Samantha would be around 62/63. In a friend group someone dying before the age of 70 would not be unrealistic especially if they had a serious illness.

I just don’t know how they would explain Samantha not being around if she were alive and healthy. These ladies were her chosen family. 

You're absolutely right. It would definitely sadden me though. Kim also looks so damn fabulous, I forget she's even a bit older than my parents. 

21 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

You're absolutely right. It would definitely sadden me though. Kim also looks so damn fabulous, I forget she's even a bit older than my parents. 

I know how you feel. My god mother passed away at the age of 71 this March (bile duct cancer), my Mom's friend group is dwindling. I know the revival is going to be light and fun, but they have been able to handle serious topics. The ladies handling Samantha passing away would provide some great acting moments. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I know how you feel. My god mother passed away at the age of 71 this March (bile duct cancer), my Mom's friend group is dwindling. I know the revival is going to be light and fun, but they have been able to handle serious topics. The ladies handling Samantha passing away would provide some great acting moments. 

My heart goes out to you SCARLETT. *hug* I'm sorry about your mom's fried group dwindling too. I'm glad she has you. Yes, while I don't love crying, I do love being moved. I love amazing acting. 

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't watch SATC for gritty realism.  They better NEVER kill Samantha, even 500 years from now.

It's easy for her to be living her best life somewhere like London but still emails and Zooms with the girls. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Atlanta said:

It's easy for her to be living her best life somewhere like London but still emails and Zooms with the girls. 

I do wonder how they explain her absence.  Or if they will just ignore her not being there. 

• Love 2

For some reason I thought Bo was a lot older than him, but John is now 60. I guess I still picture him as Aiden or something, and Bo became famous prior to my time. She was just super young then. Anyhow, she is a breathtakingly beautiful woman. Good for them!

• Love 2

MY George Washington is going to be on??? On one hand yay!!, but why SOOOO many people in this cast? 

Congrats to John and Bo, but I swear when I first saw they were a couple (quite a few years ago) it was presented as a much bigger age difference. Was he shaving some off of his age?

• Love 5
22 hours ago, estellasmum said:

On one hand yay!!, but why SOOOO many people in this cast?

I think they're going to kill off Big since I read yesterday that there's going to be a "big" funeral.  That's a good reason to bring in all these characters like Natasha and Aiden.  Natasha would be there as the ex-wife and Aiden as the concerned friend showing his support like he did when Miranda's mom died.

It was really a jolt to see how old the cast looks now.  I know they're all middle-aged (heck, I'm older than all of them except for Big) but it seems kind of sad.  It's like time is a speeding train and you don't realize you've gotten from Point A to Point B until you look out the window and the scenery is different.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

Possibly many are back for a big scene or two. Also likely the producers are throwing as much as they can at this thing with no Samantha and no faith (of mine, anyway) that Carrie will be anything but loathsome. We have bulk HBO Max, so we'll see, maybe.

I would so watch Samantha in Tuscany!

• Love 3
On 8/4/2021 at 5:57 PM, estellasmum said:

MY George Washington is going to be on??? On one hand yay!!, but why SOOOO many people in this cast? 

Congrats to John and Bo, but I swear when I first saw they were a couple (quite a few years ago) it was presented as a much bigger age difference. Was he shaving some off of his age?

IDK. I wondered if it was a big deal because men in Hollywood are almost always with someone younger. 

On 8/5/2021 at 4:26 PM, Angeltoes said:

I think they're going to kill off Big since I read yesterday that there's going to be a "big" funeral.  That's a good reason to bring in all these characters like Natasha and Aiden.  Natasha would be there as the ex-wife and Aiden as the concerned friend showing his support like he did when Miranda's mom died.

Yes, that would make sense to me. I'll be prepared to shed some tears. 

• Love 1
On 7/9/2021 at 10:04 PM, T Summer said:

The way married Carrie acted... he  has to have divorced her!

I would love that. (And I don't mean that she kissed Aiden, but everything else about the way married Carrie acts.)

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1
On 7/29/2021 at 8:30 PM, Scarlett45 said:

OTOH, people really do "outgrow" or simply move away from friends, especially as we get older. Despite all the mod tech allowing us to stay in touch, Sam at 63 is an older generation and if she is living her best life in another country (as I imagine she is) then time-zone and lifestyle differences might easily explain a disconnect that grew larger as the years passed. How long was Samantha supposed to sit around and listen to Carrie moan about boring Big watching old movies rather than taking her clubbin'? Or Charlotte and Miranda showing off kids' photos and talking about their playdates and extracurriculars? I like to think Sam left the brunches behind and pursued the kind of things that would interest a wealthy, sophisticated, vibrant single woman in her late 50s and early 60s. We just won't be hearing about it.

• Love 9
On 8/5/2021 at 5:26 PM, Angeltoes said:

It was really a jolt to see how old the cast looks now.  I know they're all middle-aged (heck, I'm older than all of them except for Big) but it seems kind of sad.  It's like time is a speeding train and you don't realize you've gotten from Point A to Point B until you look out the window and the scenery is different.

Yes, seeing how all of the familiar SATC actors have aged is startling. They all aged noticeably since the last film. I get that feeling often lately, seeing actors from '90s and early '00s films and realizing we've all aged 20-30 years.

I've also been betting on Big's sudden death. I'll be totally ok if Big departs and Carrie finds out that he left his exes a lot of the money so she has to sell her shoes on Poshmark. This actually would be  realistic. She always seemed totally in the dark about his finances even when they were engaged and minutes from the altar. Mean-girl me hopes she gets a nasty surprise in the will, or just is startled at how much the exes were getting in monthly support. I mean, he had to feel totally guilty about Natasha, right?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

I've also been betting on Big's sudden death. I'll be totally ok if Big departs and Carrie finds out that he left his exes a lot of the money so she has to sell her shoes on Poshmark. This actually would be  realistic. She always seemed totally in the dark about his finances even when they were engaged and minutes from the altar. Mean-girl me hopes she gets a nasty surprise in the will, or just is startled at how much the exes were getting in monthly support. I mean, he had to feel totally guilty about Natasha, right?

I could see Big passing away mid way through the revival, so we get a decent amount of Chris Noth, and then only leaving her the apartment and a small amount to pay the assessments on.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I could see Big passing away mid way through the revival, so we get a decent amount of Chris Noth, and then only leaving her the apartment and a small amount to pay the assessments on.

And then Carrie gets mad at Samantha because she needs money and Sam (unlike wimpy Charlotte) refuses to bail her out. And just like that, they're no longer friends.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

There's a new book out about HBO over the years (Tinderbox), and in regards to the Kim Cattrall/SJP feud there's this from Chris Albrecht, who was a very high-level HBO exec at the time: "What happened was it became Mean Girls and whatever Kim did or didn't do, the result was she was ostracized. I'm not saying it wasn't justified, but it gets tricky when you have an actor who is also a producer. As an executive producer, SJ should have figured out how to not let that happen. But as an actress, she ended up letting it happen."

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, qtpye said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/chris-noth-weighed-kim-cattralls-201928209.html

I imagine as a white male that was almost always the "Big" love interest for the main character that he and Kim had totally different experiences.

SJP would not look at him as a rival or sabotage him with humiliating storylines.

I mean Big was a jerk but that was established as part of his character from the beginning

I guess I'm still the only person on the entire board who doesn't think SJP has to be bad news. Her male costars all like her. With the exception of Kim, the women she's worked with all like her. Other celebs really like her. Fans who've met her say she's very nice. 

I hate a lot of the storylines for Kim (in particular the ones that were rumored for the third movie), but during the series all the women had embarrassing storylines. Samantha was supposed to be wild and crazy, so I can see her having more risqué scenes. She wasn't going to have as much romance, anything to do with kids, etc.

Miranda, an attractive attorney, was treated like some poor sorry lady who struggled attracting men. She got poo on her face in one episode. She had pubic hair outside her bikini line in one of the movies. Charlotte, despite being "pretty and smart, a catch" came off like a pathetically desperate and childish pick me girl. The first man she married couldn't get it up for her. She pooped her pants in Mexico. We've all thoroughly discussed how awful Carrie could be, and she also had embarrassing storylines. She farted in bed early in the series. She was toyed around by Big who didn't want to marry her but married a gorgeous young woman he barely knew instead. When he finally decided to marry Carrie, he jilted her at the altar. 

I like Kim too and think it's possible that SJP wasn't kind to her; I also get that SJP has more pull and star power. I just don't see the proof she was out to get Kim and not sure why everyone believes one woman's word over so many other people's. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I like Kim too and think it's possible that SJP wasn't kind to her; I also get that SJP has more pull and star power. I just don't see the proof she was out to get Kim and not sure why everyone believes one woman's word over so many other people's. 

Do I think SJP "was out to get Kim"? Not necessarily. Do I think SJP made it a hostile ish work environment?  Maybe.  I've always said life is like high school. And not in a good way.  Kim was the breakout star of SATC IMO.  The show was intended to be a project for SJP to star in.  But it evolved into more of an ensemble and Kim's character was a lot of people's favorite.   SJP could have resented that.  She might not  have even been consciously aware she resented it.   It could also be something as simple as they had different personalities and just didn't click as friends.  From everything we have seen and read SJP likes to dress up and go to events in NYC.  Kim doesn't seem interested in being a celeb at all.  I think for her being an actress is her job and once the job is done she goes back to her regular life.  

• Love 6
13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I guess I'm still the only person on the entire board who doesn't think SJP has to be bad news. Her male costars all like her. With the exception of Kim, the women she's worked with all like her. Other celebs really like her. Fans who've met her say she's very nice. 

I hate a lot of the storylines for Kim (in particular the ones that were rumored for the third movie), but during the series all the women had embarrassing storylines. Samantha was supposed to be wild and crazy, so I can see her having more risqué scenes. She wasn't going to have as much romance, anything to do with kids, etc.

Miranda, an attractive attorney, was treated like some poor sorry lady who struggled attracting men. She got poo on her face in one episode. She had pubic hair outside her bikini line in one of the movies. Charlotte, despite being "pretty and smart, a catch" came off like a pathetically desperate and childish pick me girl. The first man she married couldn't get it up for her. She pooped her pants in Mexico. We've all thoroughly discussed how awful Carrie could be, and she also had embarrassing storylines. She farted in bed early in the series. She was toyed around by Big who didn't want to marry her but married a gorgeous young woman he barely knew instead. When he finally decided to marry Carrie, he jilted her at the altar. 

The problem is the power differential. All of SJP's 'friends" are people whose livelihood/fame is somewhat dependent on her. This does not mean that they do not genuinely like her but it would be easy for SJP to be quiet and let others come after Kim.

13 hours ago, Black Knight said:

There's a new book out about HBO over the years (Tinderbox), and in regards to the Kim Cattrall/SJP feud there's this from Chris Albrecht, who was a very high-level HBO exec at the time: "What happened was it became Mean Girls and whatever Kim did or didn't do, the result was she was ostracized. I'm not saying it wasn't justified, but it gets tricky when you have an actor who is also a producer. As an executive producer, SJ should have figured out how to not let that happen. But as an actress, she ended up letting it happen."

This is saying that SJP had a duty to make sure Kim was not ostracized as her boss. Having a non-hostile work environment is a duty for some who is Executive Producer.

Also, SJP is human. Carrie was often given better storylines compared to the rest of the women. She was often a self-centered shallow jerk but for some reason, everyone in her friend group made her the center of their world. She rarely got called out on her behavior compared to the others.

Even the guy who wanted nothing to do with her ended up falling madly in love with Carrie.

• Love 7
On 11/1/2021 at 2:03 PM, RedHawk said:

Yes, seeing how all of the familiar SATC actors have aged is startling. They all aged noticeably since the last film. I get that feeling often lately, seeing actors from '90s and early '00s films and realizing we've all aged 20-30 years.

Me too. It went by in a blink, didn’t it? I look at some of them, then look at myself and am shocked the last 20 years went by 

• Love 7
On 12/7/2021 at 6:09 AM, qtpye said:

The problem is the power differential. All of SJP's 'friends" are people whose livelihood/fame is somewhat dependent on her. This does not mean that they do not genuinely like her but it would be easy for SJP to be quiet and let others come after Kim.

This is saying that SJP had a duty to make sure Kim was not ostracized as her boss. Having a non-hostile work environment is a duty for some who is Executive Producer.

Also, SJP is human. Carrie was often given better storylines compared to the rest of the women. She was often a self-centered shallow jerk but for some reason, everyone in her friend group made her the center of their world. She rarely got called out on her behavior compared to the others.

Even the guy who wanted nothing to do with her ended up falling madly in love with Carrie.

As an EP and an actor though I’ve always wondered why she didn’t push for more episodes to get to the magic 100. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 12/7/2021 at 8:46 AM, ifionlyknew said:

Do I think SJP "was out to get Kim"? Not necessarily. Do I think SJP made it a hostile ish work environment?  Maybe.  I've always said life is like high school. And not in a good way.  Kim was the breakout star of SATC IMO.  The show was intended to be a project for SJP to star in.  But it evolved into more of an ensemble and Kim's character was a lot of people's favorite.   SJP could have resented that.  She might not  have even been consciously aware she resented it.   It could also be something as simple as they had different personalities and just didn't click as friends.  From everything we have seen and read SJP likes to dress up and go to events in NYC.  Kim doesn't seem interested in being a celeb at all.  I think for her being an actress is her job and once the job is done she goes back to her regular life.  

All I know is Kim was a star before SATC in movies.  She was my favorite on the show.  Sarah Jessica was average to me.  I don’t even know why they picked her to tell the truth.  Kim went out at the right time, and stood out.  Maybe they would have given her a bad script, so she didn’t take a chance.  Good for her.  Why ruin a good thing.  I could never wrap my head around Mr.Big’s attraction to Carrie.  I did and still love the show tho.  Just seeing the streets of N.Y. City is still a thrill for me, and I live here.  I’m still debating getting HBOMax for this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

During the show Kim Cattrall angled for more money - which she deserved - and apparently SJP/Kristin/Cynthia tried to ostracize her for it.  That's what the papers say anyway.  I'm surprised the show lasted as long as it did with all this shit going on.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

All I know is Kim was a star before SATC in movies.  She was my favorite on the show.  Sarah Jessica was average to me.  I don’t even know why they picked her to tell the truth.  Kim went out at the right time, and stood out.  Maybe they would have given her a bad script, so she didn’t take a chance.  Good for her.  Why ruin a good thing.  I could never wrap my head around Mr.Big’s attraction to Carrie.  I did and still love the show tho.  Just seeing the streets of N.Y. City is still a thrill for me, and I live here.  I’m still debating getting HBOMax for this.

A weird thing just happened.  I never ordered HBO MAX to watch the new SATC.  I just looked in my TV guide for tonight, and saw on my HBO channel “And Just Like That”, Little Black Dress” on from 8:30 to 10.  I have Optimum, and it’s on.   ?????????

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

During the show Kim Cattrall angled for more money - which she deserved - and apparently SJP/Kristin/Cynthia tried to ostracize her for it.  That's what the papers say anyway.  I'm surprised the show lasted as long as it did with all this shit going on.  

I think if social media had been around when it originally aired I think we would have heard more about the backstage tensions. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

A weird thing just happened.  I never ordered HBO MAX to watch the new SATC.  I just looked in my TV guide for tonight, and saw on my HBO channel “And Just Like That”, Little Black Dress” on from 8:30 to 10.  I have Optimum, and it’s on.   ?????????

I believe the show has started this week on the regular HBO channel.

• Love 1

Well, after watching Ep. 1,2,3., I’m happy Kim didn’t do the show.  What I don’t get is the flower display Kim supposidely sent for Big’s coffin.  It was over the top, and the remaining spouse is supposed to do that.  Why did they make Kim do it?  Another reason to make a jab against her?  I thought it creepy.  They brought up Kim’s name way too much.

• Love 5