Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

I have no problem with what you're saying. But I'm being sincere. I don't follow tabloids, don't blog, don't tweet. So I'm asking the experts of these media to give me the substance of tabloid train that Teresa specifically made money from and people keep getting offended by that. Sure I have my view of tabloid journalism, but just point me to the magazine or article where a reporter sat down with Teresa, asked her questions and she is quoted answering those questions. Then I can make a better judgement of Caroline's & Jacqueline's beef against Teresa. Has Teresa ever done an interview with any else besides Andy Cohen? 

After repeatedly denying she had been paid by the tabloids for stories that were less than flattering to the rest  there was the pre-season 4 round of apologies Teresa had in print: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/30/teresa-giudice-apology-real-housewives-new-jersey_n_1465754.html I think the thing that sealed the deal for me is her pleading guilty to concealing income and one of the sources of income she concealed was from magazines.

Teresa lied, she worked the tabloids until there was no real news to report.

• Love 4

After repeatedly denying she had been paid by the tabloids for stories that were less than flattering to the rest  there was the pre-season 4 round of apologies Teresa had in print: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/30/teresa-giudice-apology-real-housewives-new-jersey_n_1465754.html I think the thing that sealed the deal for me is her pleading guilty to concealing income and one of the sources of income she concealed was from magazines.

Teresa lied, she worked the tabloids until there was no real news to report.

I find it fascinating to watch the Guidices and Sherees of these Real Housewives shows. Keeping up with the Jones' on steroids. They tell the most outrageous comical lies in their need to impress people.

• Love 3

I find it fascinating to watch the Guidices and Sherees of these Real Housewives shows. Keeping up with the Jones' on steroids. They tell the most outrageous comical lies in their need to impress people.

It's funny, but I don't think Teresa was trying to keep up with the Joneses. Even the judge at sentencing asked her if this was her motivation, and she said no, and for once, I believed her. She comes from a working class family, her friends (at least before the show started) were all probably middle-class or at least not living extravagant lifestyles, and as for the show - Joe and Teresa seemed to have far more wealth than the other HW's (garnered fraudulantly, of course). So who was she trying to impress, or keep up with? I think it was just good, old-fashioned greed.

• Love 7

Teresa lied through her three-head about cooperating with and being compensated by the tabloids. My recollection / take is that the main reason that she lied was that she was unwilling to discuss her legal issues in front of Bravo cameras, whether it was the show, the reunion or WWHL, and also requested that others not discuss her legal issues, but she was willing to discuss her legal issues with one or more tabloids. I think that she compromised with the tabloids, not just for money but for covers - Teresa really got off on seeing her mug splashed on covers of magazines week after week.

Yeah Teresa lied, but regarding Caroline and Jacqueline's beef with Teresa, they need to have several seats. I wanted to hurl a brick at my TV when Caroline was on WWHL being asked about why she was so mad at Teresa, Caroline responded that Teresa made scathing comments about Caroline, et. al., in interviews and her blog. Save the digs Teresa took in her book, the trash that Teresa talked about the Manzos and Lauritas was miniscule compared to the digs, swipes and trash that talked about Teresa, particularly by Caroline, Lauren and Chris Manzo, and unrelated to this matter, Rick Wakile. And even the dig Teresa took in her book was mostly bad because it was memorialized in a book IMO.

My speculation is that the powers that be were mad at Teresa for not cutting them in on the juicy plotline regarding her legal troubles, and the fact that she actually did share info with the tabloids incensed them more - and by sharing info, it wasn't sensitive legal info, it was just acknowledging that Joe was facing jail time over the driver's license matter and that they both were in hot water over their bankruptcy filing, and then sharing her feeeeeeelings about her troubles.

I think that Caroline and Jacqueline did have legitimate issues with Teresa, Punta Cana for Caroline and Jacqueline, who was perceived as Teresa's BFF, had people coming up to her expressing sympathy and well-wishes for Teresa and her legal and financial troubles, when Teresa was still spending money. I think that especially with Caroline, she could not say why she was really mad at Teresa, so she glommed onto and then exaggerated lesser offenses of Teresa. In Jacqueline's case, she was seeking relevance in a post-Ashley environment and I think that she was suggestible and took on what was really the producers' beef with Teresa when it came to Teresa and the tabloids. Teresa was lying, but the whole storyline / drama Jacqueline and Caroline having a beef with Teresa over her selling stories to tabloids was nonsensical IMO.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 1

I wonder if Juicy got his ass up and put the lights on the Christmas tree yet.  I may tease and all, but I couldn't imagine being gone from my kids for 15 months.  Heck, I went into the hospital for 4 days (no way in Tori Spelling's category) but dang, did my daughter miss me.  I think those chickens and dogs will even miss her.  Oh well, having  small Christmas #wepayourfuckingtaxes

• Love 2

Since I wasn't watching RHONJ during all of this, forgive me if this is a dumb question.  How much does a lot of this have to do with egos?  At the very beginning of the series, Caroline was top dog.  She pretty much retained that title until Teresa's problems came to the forefront, and from that time on, it was Teresa getting most of the attention.  Since Caroline is so reticent over talking about why she dislikes Teresa, couldn't it be a feeling of resentment over Teresa becoming "the show?"  I felt when Caroline moved away that it was sour grapes over her lack of influence on the show.  In the past, I've noticed a lot of things that Caroline has become upset over, and they had a direct relation to her not getting all of the attention anymore.  I used to love Caroline, but then her ego got in my way.

• Love 2

Since I wasn't watching RHONJ during all of this, forgive me if this is a dumb question.  How much does a lot of this have to do with egos?  At the very beginning of the series, Caroline was top dog.  She pretty much retained that title until Teresa's problems came to the forefront, and from that time on, it was Teresa getting most of the attention.  Since Caroline is so reticent over talking about why she dislikes Teresa, couldn't it be a feeling of resentment over Teresa becoming "the show?"  I felt when Caroline moved away that it was sour grapes over her lack of influence on the show.  In the past, I've noticed a lot of things that Caroline has become upset over, and they had a direct relation to her not getting all of the attention anymore.  I used to love Caroline, but then her ego got in my way.

Lura, I'm sure others will chime in.  There are posters who are um, just say things better than I can.  I love it.

To me, it's the Juicy's huge egos that got them into this hot mess.  They thought they could parachute out of their debt by filing a BK.  Which brought all this on.  They just kept lying, under oath.  That's ego.  Who knows, maybe 9 months away we'll hear about Caroline's fraudulent actions.  I highly doubt tonight, as Caroline lies her head on her pillow, that she is resentment over Teresa. {I bet she's thinking to herself - go to her - stay away from me feds}  Caroline may have been the first one to call "a book" about Tre's divorcing, prison time, and throw in a couple of recipes she learned in the pen.  Like I said, others will help chime in.  For me, paying taxes, owing taxes, filing taxes, it pisses me the F off they thought they didn't have to.  How that  goes to  Caroline - it really doesn't.  It's my problem.  I don't think Caroline's reality show really made it.  I know I don't miss bratty Lauren, Christofer, and the #number one son - whatever his name is.  Basically, I think Caroline is happy as hell with not being friends with the Juicys.  She probably has her own personal problems.  Check out www.stupidhousewives.com and you can click on Caroline's name and just have a giggle.  And Tre.  More giggles.  {Hope this helps...Merry Christmas}

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1

To me Caroline was not reticent to talk about Teresa, she talked about Teresa plenty, but her behavior did not play well to one of the two main constituencies. To the casual viewer, whose numbers are large, she may have taken a bit of a hit, but still remained one of the most popular Housewives across all the franchises. To the small but very vocal blogosphere constituency, she took a big hit, IMO a major part of that was just her sour persona and contradictions like getting incensed over someone making a negative comment about one of her precious children even though her children talk trash about people all the time.

To me Caroline is a sour person and at times she seemed disenchanted or exhausted by the show, but seven years ago she was a dumpy housewife facing an empty nest. Real Housewives has been very, very good to Caroline for numerous reasons chief among them IMO is that it has employed and given status to her three precious children, make that two precious children and Lauren.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 2

To me Caroline was not reticent to talk about Teresa, she talked about Teresa plenty, but her behavior did not play well to one of the two main constituencies. To the casual viewer, whose numbers are large, she may have taken a bit of a hit, but still remained one of the most popular Housewives across all the franchises. To the small but very vocal blogosphere constituency, she took a big hit, IMO a major part of that was just her sour persona and contradictions like getting incensed over someone making a negative comment about one of her precious children even though her children talk trash about people all the time.

To me, Caroline's issues and reactions towards Teresa seemed extremely authentic, since they pretty much married up to my own. I never thought it was one thing with Caroline, which can make it hard to diagnose. I think it was a milion little things, and we saw them all as the seasons went along. The first fault line was of course the trip to Italy and the cruise. How many times does it take traveling together to make folks realize they don't much care for each other? Caroline didn't try at all to hide her irritation at being asked to babysit the girls while Teresa and Juicy had some "alone time".  I still shudder at what that might entail. 

Caroline was also the only HW to really question Teresa's motives with Danielle at the Fashion Show. Teresa claiming that she only wanted to say "hi" to Danielle, caused Caroline to pretty much role her eyes.  Caroline certainly hated Danielle like poison, but I always felt like she blamed Teresa a little bit for what happened. Ashley's reaction was all her own and completely wrong, but nothing would have happened without Teresa stirring the pot. 

Caroline was firmly on Teresa's side in the beginning of S3 with regard to her family coming on, and had some harsh words for the Gorga's after the S3 premiere.  I think that after that, however, she began to see that Teresa was delusional in the way she saw the dynamics of the family, and her insistence that the blame had to fall on the shoulders of everyone but her. This is what happened to me as the season played out. I didn't particularly like the Gorga's, but Teresa consistently acted like a total loon in pretty much every encounter with them, which Caroline began to point out, often times directly to Teresa.  By the time they all traveled to Punta Cana, Teresa's jealousy and narcissism had completely taken her over.  IMO it was astounding to watch. The bikini fashion show, the competition with Mel on the boat, the nutty conversation and accusations against Kathy on the beach. She had just gone over the edge and I think that Caroline was the one person to realize that this girl could be dangerous. Then you had the magazines, the cookbook, etc. It was just so many things that all pointed to one thing, and that thing was that Teresa was just pretty much a horrible person. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6

It's funny, but I don't think Teresa was trying to keep up with the Joneses. Even the judge at sentencing asked her if this was her motivation, and she said no, and for once, I believed her. She comes from a working class family, her friends (at least before the show started) were all probably middle-class or at least not living extravagant lifestyles, and as for the show - Joe and Teresa seemed to have far more wealth than the other HW's (garnered fraudulantly, of course). So who was she trying to impress, or keep up with? I think it was just good, old-fashioned greed.

I don't know nearly enough about all of this to be certain, but it sure seems like Teresa was trying to show off a certain lifestyle to be on the show. Insisting that her old house not be filmed, and only the new mansion? What was a lower-middle class girl like her doing going to salons that someone like Dina frequented? I think she had a goal in mind, and whether it's because she was keeping up with the Jones's or not, she only wanted her wealth and opulence to be reflected on the show. I guess that's different from trying to keep up with those around you. She wanted the world to think they were rich.

• Love 1

From the The Trials of Juicy and Tre: Sentencing, Spec, and More! thread:

To me Caroline is a sour person and at times she seemed disenchanted or exhausted by the show, but seven years ago she was a dumpy housewife facing an empty nest. Real Housewives has been very, very good to Caroline for numerous reasons chief among them IMO is that it has employed and given status to her three precious children, make that two precious children and Lauren.

To me, Caroline's issues and reactions towards Teresa seemed extremely authentic, since they pretty much married up to my own. I never thought it was one thing with Caroline, which can make it hard to diagnose. I think it was a milion little things, and we saw them all as the seasons went along. The first fault line was of course the trip to Italy and the cruise. How many times does it take traveling together to make folks realize they don't much care for each other? Caroline didn't try at all to hide her irritation at being asked to babysit the girls while Teresa and Juicy had some "alone time". I still shudder at what that might entail.

Caroline was also the only HW to really question Teresa's motives with Danielle at the Fashion Show. Teresa claiming that she only wanted to say "hi" to Danielle, caused Caroline to pretty much role her eyes. Caroline certainly hated Danielle like poison, but I always felt like she blamed Teresa a little bit for what happened. Ashley's reaction was all her own and completely wrong, but nothing would have happened without Teresa stirring the pot.

Caroline was firmly on Teresa's side in the beginning of S3 with regard to her family coming on, and had some harsh words for the Gorga's after the S3 premiere. I think that after that, however, she began to see that Teresa was delusional in the way she saw the dynamics of the family, and her insistence that the blame had to fall on the shoulders of everyone but her. This is what happened to me as the season played out. I didn't particularly like the Gorga's, but Teresa consistently acted like a total loon in pretty much every encounter with them, which Caroline began to point out, often times directly to Teresa. By the time they all traveled to Punta Cana, Teresa's jealousy and narcissism had completely taken her over. IMO it was astounding to watch. The bikini fashion show, the competition with Mel on the boat, the nutty conversation and accusations against Kathy on the beach. She had just gone over the edge and I think that Caroline was the one person to realize that this girl could be dangerous. Then you had the magazines, the cookbook, etc. It was just so many things that all pointed to one thing, and that thing was that Teresa was just pretty much a horrible person.

To me Caroline should have realized what a psycho Teresa was if not after the table flip, if not after the Fashion show which she did not witness first-hand, then certainly she should have been full-stop clued in at the season 2 reunion, and yet after those acts Caroline continued to refer to Teresa as a friend of hers and "like fambly," but she started to be more critical and snarkier of Teresa in her talking heads.

To me the significance of Punta Cana in terms of Teresa and Caroline's relationship is not the bikini fashion show or the fight with Kathy, rather it was the barroom brawl involving her sons that was reportedly sparked off because Teresa sprayed another woman with champagne.

When I go by what has aired on the show, Caroline's hostility towards Teresa makes no sense. It certainly makes sense if, after seeing Teresa in action, Caroline would have distanced herself from Teresa, but the hostility makes no sense to me. To me Caroline does not always makes sense, so there that, but I really think that the root of this is displaced anger, the anger is still directed at the right target, Teresa, but IMO Caroline amplified and distorted lesser or irrelevant (to Caroline) offenses of Teresa's to justify her anger at Teresa because the real and understandable source of her anger cannot be discussed presumably because there is some kind of gag order in place regarding the Punta Cana brawl for which, IIRC, her sons, Greg Bennett and others were arrested.

To me, Caroline's issues and reactions towards Teresa seemed extremely authentic, since they pretty much married up to my own. I never thought it was one thing with Caroline, which can make it hard to diagnose. I think it was a milion little things, and we saw them all as the seasons went along. The first fault line was of course the trip to Italy and the cruise. How many times does it take traveling together to make folks realize they don't much care for each other? Caroline didn't try at all to hide her irritation at being asked to babysit the girls while Teresa and Juicy had some "alone time". I still shudder at what that might entail.

Caroline was also the only HW to really question Teresa's motives with Danielle at the Fashion Show. Teresa claiming that she only wanted to say "hi" to Danielle, caused Caroline to pretty much role her eyes. Caroline certainly hated Danielle like poison, but I always felt like she blamed Teresa a little bit for what happened. Ashley's reaction was all her own and completely wrong, but nothing would have happened without Teresa stirring the pot.

Caroline was firmly on Teresa's side in the beginning of S3 with regard to her family coming on, and had some harsh words for the Gorga's after the S3 premiere. I think that after that, however, she began to see that Teresa was delusional in the way she saw the dynamics of the family, and her insistence that the blame had to fall on the shoulders of everyone but her. This is what happened to me as the season played out. I didn't particularly like the Gorga's, but Teresa consistently acted like a total loon in pretty much every encounter with them, which Caroline began to point out, often times directly to Teresa. By the time they all traveled to Punta Cana, Teresa's jealousy and narcissism had completely taken her over. IMO it was astounding to watch. The bikini fashion show, the competition with Mel on the boat, the nutty conversation and accusations against Kathy on the beach. She had just gone over the edge and I think that Caroline was the one person to realize that this girl could be dangerous. Then you had the magazines, the cookbook, etc. It was just so many things that all pointed to one thing, and that thing was that Teresa was just pretty much a horrible person.

Responding in the Teresa thread.

ETA link:

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/7041-teresa-giudice-no-sprinkle-cookies/#entry670962

Edited by quinn

Well, dammit, apparently not true:

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2014/12/teresa_giudice_raid_real_housewives_of_new_jersey_christmas_presents.html

I wonder which "insider" loves Teresa so much that they're intentionally feeding these bogus stories to the tabloids (which, interestingly, keep running with them and publishing them).  

Well Teresa could have fed the story to one of the other HWs to figure out who was leaking stuff about them. 

ITA agree about Caroline's hatred stemming from Punta Cana, but also from Tre being the "breakout" star who was capitalizing on the opportunities that Caroline believed should have been coming her way with the cookbook.

I don't know nearly enough about all of this to be certain, but it sure seems like Teresa was trying to show off a certain lifestyle to be on the show. Insisting that her old house not be filmed, and only the new mansion? What was a lower-middle class girl like her doing going to salons that someone like Dina frequented? I think she had a goal in mind, and whether it's because she was keeping up with the Jones's or not, she only wanted her wealth and opulence to be reflected on the show. I guess that's different from trying to keep up with those around you. She wanted the world to think they were rich.

I don't disagree with this. I guess I was just answering the "was she trying to keep up with the Joneses" question more literally. I definitely agree that she wanted the world to think she was wealthy. (Same with Melissa and Joey, btw, with the mansions...). It's consistent with her phony persona in regard to everything in her life.

• Love 2

What's interesting to me is this notion that something happened to spark Caroline's dislike towards Teresa. You can point to a lot of things (I think the cookbook dig was the first), but I think it starts with this - not everybody likes everybody else. They were cast on the show together, but they have such disparate personalities, and I don't ever remember them being buddy-buddy, so it makes sense that thay're not the other's cup of tea. Frankly, I don't think I could last five minutes around Teresa. I'm sure I'd be butting heads with her in no time.

• Love 2

Personally I don't think Teresa wanted to "keep up with the Joneses", but wanted to surpass them at all levels. Not a psychiatrist, but feel comfortable thinking she's a hard core narcissist. Unfortunately for her, a convicted felon one.

• Love 3

What's interesting to me is this notion that something happened to spark Caroline's dislike towards Teresa. You can point to a lot of things (I think the cookbook dig was the first), but I think it starts with this - not everybody likes everybody else. They were cast on the show together, but they have such disparate personalities, and I don't ever remember them being buddy-buddy, so it makes sense that thay're not the other's cup of tea. Frankly, I don't think I could last five minutes around Teresa. I'm sure I'd be butting heads with her in no time.

I think Caroline put up with Teresa and her antics as long as she could, far longer than I could, paycheck or not. LOL

• Love 3

Is the Jan 5 surrender date still on? Can we have a countdown clock? 

Two more weeks of shopping days left for Christmas Tre. 

Pack it up buttercup. {Either you pack it up or Juicy squeeze packs it up for you to go live in someone else skeevy house. }

Freeze that sauce!

She probably will have more presents under the tree then Lab's fam.  But I'm not going to prison.  Sounds like the next thing to do is stick my tongue out ;)

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3

Well Teresa could have fed the story to one of the other HWs to figure out who was leaking stuff about them. 

ITA agree about Caroline's hatred stemming from Punta Cana, but also from Tre being the "breakout" star who was capitalizing on the opportunities that Caroline believed should have been coming her way with the cookbook.

Imagine getting together as a group sans Danielle and making a decision to write a cookbook laced with bits from the show.  Then imagine one person be it Caroline or Dina or Jacqueline taking the idea and going solo-that to me would be a big deal breaker.  I guess the only solace the other three can get is Teresa is doing time over her failure to disclose the income from the book.  Teresa's first cookbook was essentially a steal from Bethenny and her "Skinny Girl" books.  So in Teresa case it was a double steal.  So three books and three weeks on the NYT "also selling" list are something that are forever Teresa's. 

I never blamed Caroline for distancing herself from Teresa after the Italy trip.  I think Caroline saw the writing on the wall when they added Melissa and Kathy to the show-it was about to become the Teresa show and everyone else was just lucky to be there. 

• Love 8

Imagine getting together as a group sans Danielle and making a decision to write a cookbook laced with bits from the show. Then imagine one person be it Caroline or Dina or Jacqueline taking the idea and going solo-that to me would be a big deal breaker. I guess the only solace the other three can get is Teresa is doing time over her failure to disclose the income from the book. Teresa's first cookbook was essentially a steal from Bethenny and her "Skinny Girl" books. So in Teresa case it was a double steal. So three books and three weeks on the NYT "also selling" list are something that are forever Teresa's.

I never blamed Caroline for distancing herself from Teresa after the Italy trip. I think Caroline saw the writing on the wall when they added Melissa and Kathy to the show-it was about to become the Teresa show and everyone else was just lucky to be there.

Zoeysmom, you nailed it -- I couldn't agree more. To add to that, I think that the trip to Italy also revealed to Caroline that Tre basically caricatured her as the boring stick- in-the-mud curmudgeon and frumpy old HW while Tre was still reveling in her status as the infamous table-flipper and high pitched cornball happy life/happy wife from the previous season. Tre seemed to enjoy making the severe contrast between the two and planted her kicky Louboutins in the face of Ecco wearing Caroline. Edited by msblossom
  • Love 5

Well, dammit, apparently not true:

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2014/12/teresa_giudice_raid_real_housewives_of_new_jersey_christmas_presents.html

I wonder which "insider" loves Teresa so much that they're intentionally feeding these bogus stories to the tabloids (which, interestingly, keep running with them and publishing them).

The original story didn't even sound remotely believable so this isn't shocking IMO.

• Love 1

Teresa is down to three more court days before she is due to report.  I wonder if there are any applications pending?

I counted 5, but today's over.  Husband's birthday was today, had a court appearance to go to.  Bah humbug~!  ;)  Federal court may be different? 

Hope she's packing up the Christmas Tre.  Otherwise, Joe's ho may be doing it ~ in like March.  ;) 

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2

You know what?  Nobody asked me, but I'm thinking that Lisin is right, and she's being awfully nice about it.  The trial and the sentencing are both long past and over with.  Why don't we take this delicious snarking about Teresa down one topic to the Teresa thread?  I was all ready to deliver one more nasty barb at our glam jailbird-to-be and her worthless husband when I thought about this.  C'mon down with me, please?  Otherwise, I'm gonna be the only one down there with less than kind things to say about Teresa and Giuseppe, the little weasel.  Can't STAND that man!

You know what?  Nobody asked me, but I'm thinking that Lisin is right, and she's being awfully nice about it.  The trial and the sentencing are both long past and over with.  Why don't we take this delicious snarking about Teresa down one topic to the Teresa thread?  I was all ready to deliver one more nasty barb at our glam jailbird-to-be and her worthless husband when I thought about this.  C'mon down with me, please?  Otherwise, I'm gonna be the only one down there with less than kind things to say about Teresa and Giuseppe, the little weasel.  Can't STAND that man!

I think the sentencing portion may not be over until Teresa reports.  I do think Teresa has opened up a can of worms in her legal world with the lawsuit she is filed against her former attorney and threatened lawsuit against her Crisis Manager.

It was my understanding this thread was created to discuss Teresa's legal woes and not to interfere with the Episode thread.  If things go as scheduled there will be no public Teresa in about 9 days so it would seem her husband and children escapades would end up in the Teresa thread-oh wait Joe still has sentencing pending.  Damn these legal matters go on forever.  

• Love 6

Gia and her gal pals are performing for FREE or you can get the meet and greet package for $60.00. http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2014/12/gia_giudice_3kt_teresa_giudice_real_housewives_of_new_jersey.html

I wonder who will pay the $60.00 to ask Gia how she feels about her mom going away in 10 days?

Blog writers. Creepy people. I really can't see many people under about 30 doing this, and I think there might be about 30 people total, split evenly between the "media" and pedophiles.

Where do you draw the line on being supportive of a daughter with talent and just indulging folly? Gia's not 6 where you can tell her she can do anything she wants and she's the best singer and dancer ever. That video was awful - the song, the singing, what I could make out of the dancing, and the acting.

I have a daughter just older than Gia who is a serious musician and man, it is tough for her. It's not fun video shoots and cute clothes and all of that. It is tons of practice and rehearsals and private lessons.Our family just wouldn't have the resources (financial and time) to devote to a kid's "dream" when the kid didn't have the talent or work ethic or both to realize that dream. 

• Love 7

Good point, Zoeysmom..  Besides, I just went to the Teresa thread, and there's so much talking about the trial and other lawsuits that it seems like they should be posted here.  One solution might be to add "and Prison" to this topic thread so we could just keep going as we've been.  Or maybe somebody could start a new thread on the Giudices in prison.

So, anyway, Teresa's down to 10 days before walking into the big house.  I wonder whether she'll wear stilettos. If I were in Teresa's shoes at this point, I'd be wound up tighter than a clock about now.  I'd think that the waiting and the dreading would be worse punishment than being in prison.  And what's with Teresa and Joe?  Is she even speaking to him?

Does anyone know whether Teresa will have her own little room or whether she'll be in a cell with bars all around her?  I saw a picture once of inside a men's "country club facility," and they all slept in one big room with their beds side by side.  What did Martha Stewart have?  Because Danbury and her prison would be much the same.  They're the only two women's prisons that are more lenient than the rest.

I have questions, questions, questions!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

• Love 2

Blog writers. Creepy people. I really can't see many people under about 30 doing this, and I think there might be about 30 people total, split evenly between the "media" and pedophiles.

There were 40 people and a camera crew.  I appreciate the fact that Joe wears Burberry-he and the Countess. 

I see Joe is now getting into the head cocked look for photos.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/teresa-joe-giudice-attend-daughter-gias-3kt-show-before-prison-time-20142712

• Love 2

I have questions, questions, questions!

Maybe Teresa will answer them in an interview from prison a la Apollo. (Nah, you know she won't. Besides, she's in college, not prison. Silly me).

Even with this chapter over, I have a feeling there will still be lots to gossip on. Joe, taking care of the four beautiful daughters, Joe's license, the mansion, the creditors, the pending lawsuits etc...

• Love 1

There were 40 people and a camera crew. I appreciate the fact that Joe wears Burberry-he and the Countess.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/teresa-joe-giudice-attend-daughter-gias-3kt-show-before-prison-time-20142712

Well damn. Lol.

I'm horrified that I can clearly see way too much of what's under Gia's shirt in that first picture. How did the author of that article or whoever approves the pictures think that was ok? How did the Guidices either not notice or they wanted that? I know teens wear bikinis and stuff often, but see through shirts and bras are sexualized here. She's not at the beach. She's in so much make up and...Not cute. Not happy. Disturbing. Boo. Am I a prude? Maybe. :(

• Love 4

There were 40 people and a camera crew.  I appreciate the fact that Joe wears Burberry-he and the Countess. 

Wow!  40 people in attendance!   That's far less than a packed house.  It was probably all family and friends.

I had to laugh at the "she didn't seem worried" part.  She's a better actress than I thought.

It was interesting that they said Juicey left his wedding ring at home. 

ETA:  Only nine more days of freedom!

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

Does anyone know what prison Teresa will be reporting to? I thought I heard she would receive notice of where to report about two weeks before Jan. 5.

I cannot imagine the stress she must be feeling right now. If I were her, I would probably be spending everyday throwing up in the bathroom. The idea of confinement against my will freaks me out. I guess it's a good idea I am too chicken to be a criminal.

• Love 3

I hear ya!  I guess I'm just waiting for her to report.  I thought this was the place to yak about it.  Everyone has different feelings about it.  Some are just more personal to some - I mean - me.  I'll admit I do harp over and over about the IRS thing and I'll take it down on 1/5/15, I promise.  ;)  Especially, being that she will be serving her time for her crimes.  I'll put a period on my harping then.  Done.  But, in the meantime, what do you think she's doing besides going to Gia's concert?  I'd be freaking out too socalrules.  I do feel bad for the kids.  And Tre's dad.  Not at all for her or Juicy at all. 

And like LotusFlower said, I think those rag mags will be all over the Juicy while she's gone. 

• Love 3

Teresa and the twins skiing and presumably filming today:  http://www.realityte...o-teresa-aprea/

If they are filming now, (and I agree, it sounds like it), I would think they will be filming on the 5th so I guess we'll see the whole thing play out.  For Bravo, ratings gold.   For Theresa - at what point do you say "enough".  Going to prison and you're spending your last few days of freedom in front of the cameras? 

I'm not surprised though, not at all.

• Love 3

I doubt there was any "skiing" involved last week since the temperatures have been hitting 50 degrees all week.

Here's another mention of "filming" I found online.  

http://www.ibtimes.com/teresa-giudice-focuses-family-filming-prison-how-real-housewives-new-jersey-star-1768196

They're not filming. I'll bet my last bottle of Fabellini on it.

I am not so sure now. I just don't see Teresa G hanging out with Teresa/Nicole at a ski resort just for fun/relaxation unless there is a paycheck involved. I know Andy said there was no "Christmas" show with Teresa but there may be a RHNJ show with Teresa, they have filmed back to back seasons before and at this point, I put nothing past Andy/Bravo!

• Love 1

I am on board with there being some filming going on. Teresa is not hanging out with the twins otherwise. For all we know, they Bravo has been filming for months. The show may have had low ratings last season but it's still better ratings than some of their other shows. Without Teresa, the show will be even less interestin than it was last season. I can see Bravo filming now for a summer season and then filming again when Teresa is out in a year. They may even film some scenes of Joe and the kids while Teresa is away. 

I can kind of understand Teresa wanting to film right now. She needs some type of money for her kids upkeep while she is gone and she needs an income to pay her restitution.  I am sure a lawyer has finally drilled it into her head that she better pay up or she is going to spend longer than 15 months in prison. Joe wil not be working, I think we all know that. This is a woman with no skills whatsoever. She will never be able to get a job that will pay her anything near what she makes on Bravo. Just having to pay the restitution to the government and the IRS, not counting millions in debt owed to creditors, would be overwhelming. I am sure Teresa will do anything Bravo wants for a paycheck. 

• Love 1

Her prison sentence will not be extended for any reasons having to do with restitution. They will (or have been) put on a payment plan for that. As for filming, I agree that Teresa will gladly take a paycheck from Bravo, but I think she draws the line at anything prison-related...it's too humiliating. But more importantly, it's Bravo that doesn't want to film with her. I think they fear a backlash for hiring and paying a criminal of Teresa's stature and notoriety.